What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (2 Viewers)

I kind of lol though. That proposition by Sam that people choose their leaders was pretty funny. Kind of pythonesque.
Yeah. I laughed out loud - many times during that scene.

I’m just thinking of Dany’s claim that the people of KL were loyal to Cersei. It is kind of ridiculous for the poor average Landinger. Aerys is king and he threatens to blow the whole thing up. Then Robert then Joffrey then Tomen then Cersei, then Dany like 20 (?) years later just torches the place down like pops intended. In the interim, aside from the brief de facto rule of the Sparrow, did anything really change? Considering the monarchical system it didn’t really matter to them, they would have accepted the Targaryen Restoration just as they had all the rest.
Not to rush things, but I saw a whole lot of this as Malory's Divine Right & Absolute Monarchy romance vs. GRRM's disdain for absolutism.

I bet you can see a lot more than I in this part.

If the Unsullied demanded that Jon get some kind of punishment, and were somehow ok with him receiving a punishment that was a custom they really didn't know about, and was what they did all the time anyway (fight dudes, not have any sex), and THEN they just bailed...can't Jon just bug out and not do it? How would they know?
He is a man of honor... constant theme throughout.

I agree with everyone that they should have shown what happened with Jon after killing Dany. Like others said, I think Greyworm and the soldiers would have went nuts. Kind of a cop out.

Also, it would have nice to see where Drogon went with Dany. Maybe he took her to a cliff, lays her down and you see a pile of other dragon eggs!

I thought it was a great episdoe.  My only semi complaint was Jons reasoning to kill her is kindof glossed over.  Tryion mentions his sisters in the scene before and that seems to set him off I guess.

Also in the counsel scene they said half the kingdom wants Snow dead while the other half wants him free.  I guess I need to rewatch because I thought he only ones wanting him dead would be greyworm and co and the Dothraki. 

I thought it was a great episdoe.  My only semi complaint was Jons reasoning to kill her is kindof glossed over.  Tryion mentions his sisters in the scene before and that seems to set him off I guess.

Also in the counsel scene they said half the kingdom wants Snow dead while the other half wants him free.  I guess I need to rewatch because I thought he only ones wanting him dead would be greyworm and co and the Dothraki. 
Iron borne, Gendry?, Dorne?

I like the idea of the person with the best stories getting the throne. 

I'm hereby declaring myself the King of the FFA. One of you start the chant.... Then a few more join in.... Then everyone. 

THE KING OF THE DORKS! 

THE KING OF THE DORKS! 

THE KING OF THE DORKS! 

All week everyone was speculating on how anyone would get close to Dany. I dont recall anybody predicting absolutely nobody would be guarding her.

Another dumb thing, the guards just let Jon talk to Tyrion?

Why did arya become a faceless man? She avenged the red wedding and saved the world.  Seems like that's not enough these days.  People hoping she did more killing may have missed the point of the hound telling her that her revenge would literally kill her.  

Why don't we know more about where arya ended up? Well, we might get more stories some day, but mostly because it's an open ending.  She was the character who said being a lady was not for her.  She could have stayed with gendry and had a nice castle and lived happily ever after.  For her, living happily ever after meant something else.  

Why did she go west of westeros?  Well, she had already said that's where she'd go to the actress in bravos.  But more importantly - she left it all behind.  Including her list. She wasn't defined by revenge or politics or material things or power - she made her own way.  A girl is noone and she is going to nowhere. 

I like it 

Agree we see the story carry on silver screen.  There’s too much money on the table and Hollywood loves a proven concept.  Even through creativity it’s not a good idea but 💰 wins every time.

I like the idea of the person with the best stories getting the throne. 

I'm hereby declaring myself the King of the FFA. One of you start the chant.... Then a few more join in.... Then everyone. 

THE KING OF THE DORKS! 

THE KING OF THE DORKS! 

THE KING OF THE DORKS! 
Miss you around here bud. If there’s a place where you, McGarnicle and the dozens of other great posters now live on please send me a PM. 

Why did arya become a faceless man? She avenged the red wedding and saved the world.  Seems like that's not enough these days.  People hoping she did more killing may have missed the point of the hound telling her that her revenge would literally kill her.  

Why don't we know more about where arya ended up? Well, we might get more stories some day, but mostly because it's an open ending.  She was the character who said being a lady was not for her.  She could have stayed with gendry and had a nice castle and lived happily ever after.  For her, living happily ever after meant something else.  

Why did she go west of westeros?  Well, she had already said that's where she'd go to the actress in bravos.  But more importantly - she left it all behind.  Including her list. She wasn't defined by revenge or politics or material things or power - she made her own way.  A girl is noone and she is going to nowhere. 

I like it 
She’s the Sinatra of Westeros

Last edited by a moderator:
Just exactly, what is the Night Watch doing these days?

There's a gaping hole in the wall.
Wildlings are accepted south of the wall.
The White Walkers are....I dunno....dead....agan?
Aren't they technically stationed in a kingdom other than Westeros?

Just what are they protecting the realms of men against up north?

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Unsullied demanded that Jon get some kind of punishment, and were somehow ok with him receiving a punishment that was a custom they really didn't know about, and was what they did all the time anyway (fight dudes, not have any sex), and THEN they just bailed...can't Jon just bug out and not do it? How would they know?
I think that's pretty much exactly what happened, though.  He arrived at Castle Black and then did indeed bug out with the wildlings.  

BTW your alternate S7/S8 storyline was far superior to the actuality.  I'm tired of people asking how mere peons would have done things differently.   It wasn't exactly impossible.  

Dany's final speech to her army was fantastic. Adorned in black, speaking to her followers about their destiny, speaking just as a tyrant does to justify the horrible things they've done in the name of their cause. It was a perfect wrapup to her character.

And that image of Drogon's wings behind her... awesome.

Dany had a change of clothes on the Dragon.

Men sans wedding tackle being offered the chance to start a house.

The guy who sees nearly all asking who will be his master of whispers.

Senseless Sansa getting rule of a kingdom earned by Jon and or Arya. Yeah she wised up some, but screw her.

Ayra not killing Dany and therefore being the hero of both north and south but instead becoming the Dread Pirate Aura.

Not seeing the final resting place of the Mother of Dragons.

Still mad the Sand Snake chick with the whip didn't make it. 

Dany's final speech to her army was fantastic. Adorned in black, speaking to her followers about their destiny, speaking just as a tyrant does to justify the horrible things they've done in the name of their cause. It was a perfect wrapup to her character.

Yep first half hour of the show was awesome. They botched the rest though. That meeting of the lords of Westeros where they chose Bran as king was one of the most awkward and worst scenes of the whole series. Then they followed it up with the Monty Python skit with the chairs and meeting of the masters.

Im annoyed that we didn't get to hear all of the joke.
Tyrion walks into a brothel with a honeycomb and a jackass.
Madame: What can we do for you?
Tyrion: I need a woman to lay with, for mine has left me.
Madame: Whatever for? And what's with the honeycomb and the mule?
Tyrion: My woman found a genie in a bottle, and he granted her three wishes. The first was for a house fit for a queen, so he gave her this damn honeycomb. The second wish was that she have the nicest ### in all the land, so he gave her this damn donkey...
Madame: And what about the third wish?
Tyrion: Well... she asked the genie to make my #### hang down past my knee.
Madame: Well that one's not so bad eh?
Tyrion: Not so bad!? I used to be six foot three!

My theory is, and I’m sure somebody else said it,  Jon was never really supposed to rejoin the Nights Watch.  Tyrion BSed Grey Worm into thinking either the NW was really still a thing and/or Jon was actually going to take the black.

Honestly, I think it was all just a ruse to allow Jon to avoid execution.
So I guess he will be the new king beyond the wall. 

was really hoping that no one got the throne and they would become a republic or something.  i thought i was going to be correct when drogon burned down the iron throne.  but no horrible boring bran becomes king.  are you ####### kidding me?  bran, one of the worst characters on the show, becomes king.  

and i also agree there is no way grey worm, the dothraki, and the unsullied allow jon to just walk away after killing dany.  wtf was that

yeah she really had that third Reich nazi thing going on there

This ending was manufactured to pick up the series again in 10 years or do a billion-dollar trilogy.  They pretty much said so.

Arya on her journey.  Jon on his.  Unsullied a threat now.  The dragon is in play still.
100% agree.  Open storylines imho...

Arya going West

Jon helping rebuild in the north

Bran mentioning he is going to look for Drogon.  Worg him?  

Sansa doing Sansa stuff

was really hoping that no one got the throne and they would become a republic or something.  i thought i was going to be correct when drogon burned down the iron throne.  but no horrible boring bran becomes king.  are you ####### kidding me?  bran, one of the worst characters on the show, becomes king.  

and i also agree there is no way grey worm, the dothraki, and the unsullied allow jon to just walk away after killing dany.  wtf was that
The Dothraki would.  How do you become a Khal?

Users who are viewing this thread