What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (7 Viewers)

I can see it. It doesn't make it valid. 

I saw the first season, loved it. Ordered the books, I wanted to read the second book before the second season came out. I wasn't a book person prior to the shows.  

Read all the books, watched the seasons. 

BEFORE the shows started to air, you could go online and find the fans behaving like complete ####heads. Angry rants about the fat old man was going to die before finishing the books. Just....gross. 

I hope he finishes them, then films a TikTok burning them in his backyard while he shoves bacon in his mouth. 
I think we agreed to disagree on the subject but it was long ago and I have better things to do with my life than worry about a millionaire writing another book for me.

The highlighted would be ####### EPIC! I could find it in my heart to forgive him if that's the way this plays out  :lmao:

I can see it. It doesn't make it valid. 

I saw the first season, loved it. Ordered the books, I wanted to read the second book before the second season came out. I wasn't a book person prior to the shows.  

Read all the books, watched the seasons. 

BEFORE the shows started to air, you could go online and find the fans behaving like complete ####heads. Angry rants about the fat old man was going to die before finishing the books. Just....gross. 

I hope he finishes them, then films a TikTok burning them in his backyard while he shoves bacon in his mouth. 
I did the same. 

yep, to me deadwood is the best show ever and i still nitpick at some of the things they did
Deadwood is the best show ever. I even enjoyed the theater troupe, mainly because I enjoyed the heck out of the performances of the actors in that group. It didn't seem congruous because the whole show got truncated and their portion didn't get the time planned to develop. But it fit with Milch's angle of presenting the organic evolution of a community like that, and I have total faith it would have been a good add if given time.

House of the Dragon premier is less than 2 hours away. My expectations are probably higher than justified, but I have to say I am jacked to the ###s.

Reviews seem decidedly mixed; preview looked ok but I'm fearing the lack of colorful characters like Tyrion. Of course I'll be watching cause I'm a sucker. They could make a series based on Craster's younger days beyond the wall collecting daughters/wives and I'd be glued to the TV. Damn them.

House of the Dragon premier is less than 2 hours away. My expectations are probably higher than justified, but I have to say I am jacked to the ###s.
Feels like something HBO is too smart to screw up, but they also apparently did a 4th season of Westworld. Agree with the bold though.

Users who are viewing this thread