What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Robert Woods, HOU (1 Viewer)

Coach Sean McVay said Robert Woods (personal) is "looking good" but wouldn't fully commit to playing Woods for Week 12 against the Ravens.

McVay said they are taking things "day by day", so he'll likely end up officially questionable for Monday Night Football. The fact that Woods has been practicing and is physically ready to go are good signs for his availability at the Coliseum, but it doesn't sound like we'll have full confirmation that he'll play when sit/start decisions are being made on Sunday morning. Josh Reynolds would be the No. 3 receiver behind Cooper Kupp and Brandin Cooks if Woods misses another game.

SOURCE: Lindsey Thiry on Twitter

Nov 23, 2019, 5:36 PM ET

I mean, he didn't miss the last game for health reasons so why in the hell wouldn't he play? Not like he finally reported on a Saturday or something, it's Thursday. And the team was on board with whatever his reason for his absence was. 
Possible that it's a sick family member and maybe he'll have to leave again?

Robert Woods caught 6-of-9 targets for 97 yards in the Rams' Week 12 loss to the Ravens.

Woods led the Rams in receiving by a wide margin, seeing one fewer target than team leader Cooper Kupp. Woods was sitting on 4-51 before the final meaningless stat-padding drive. Woods now has 80 yards or more in three of his last four games. He'll be a WR3 next week against the Cardinals, but Jared Goff is playing some of the worst football of his career at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert Woods caught 13-of-19 targets for 172 yards in the Rams' Week 13 win over the Cardinals.

It was an absurd game from the passing attack against a nonexistent Cardinals secondary. Woods, Cooper Kupp, and Tyler Higbee were all left wide open multiple times for chunk gains, but it was Woods who was left open the most. Woods joined Tyreek Hill as the only players to have a 19-target game in 2019 and has now led the Rams in air yards in three straight games. Woods has earned upside WR2 status once again.

Dec 1, 2019, 7:15 PM ET

This passing game is so random I don't think I could ever start him if I had better options. He's really only had 3 beast games this year, 2 came against bottom 2 pass D's against Tampa and now AZ. Rams can only play well against lesser teams. 7 wins, only impressive one was against NO.

Robert Woods caught 7-of-9 targets for 98 yards and a touchdown in Week 14 against Seattle.

He added 29 yards on a pair of carries. Woods was left uncovered on a play-action pass from Jared Goff at the two-yard line for his touchdown — his first of 2019. His nine targets were behind only Tyler Higbee (11). Woods has been on fire with at least 90 yards in four straight games. He’ll look to continue that trend in a Week 15 matchup with Dallas.

Dec 8, 2019, 11:47 PM ET

This guy has quietly taken back the lead WR role on this offense since the bye week.  6+ catches and 90+ yards in 5 out of his 6 games since the bye week.

7-95
6-97
13-172
7-98
4-17
8-117

Currently sitting on 83 catches and 1173 yards in just 14 games.

His rushing yards in particular get overlooked a lot but he's gone over 100 yards rushing each of the last two years.  Once you factor those yards in he's currently 5th in the NFL in yards per game from a receiver.

This guy has quietly taken back the lead WR role on this offense since the bye week.  6+ catches and 90+ yards in 5 out of his 6 games since the bye week.

7-95
6-97
13-172
7-98
4-17
8-117

Currently sitting on 83 catches and 1173 yards in just 14 games.

His rushing yards in particular get overlooked a lot but he's gone over 100 yards rushing each of the last two years.  Once you factor those yards in he's currently 5th in the NFL in yards per game from a receiver.
He also has 2 TDs all year.     :shrug:

Robert Woods caught 8-of-11 targets for 117 yards in the Rams' Week 16 loss to the 49ers.

Woods has now averaged 11.2 targets over his last six games, reaching at least nine targets each time. He's been the clear-cut No. 1 receiver for the Rams during this span. Woods can simply work in tight spaces and has a rapport with Jared Goff on intermediate passes. The veteran will be on the WR1/2 borderline at home against the Cardinals, assuming the Rams play all their starters despite being eliminated from playoff contention.
Plays almost all the snaps, makes all the catches. This guy should be a high draft pick next year.

He also has 2 TDs all year.     :shrug:
TDs are flukey.  For his career he averages about 1 TD per 15 touches.  This year it's 1 TD per 50 touches.  A clear outlier.  He's never going to be a 12 TD guy but 6-8 is probably about right on average for the number of touches he's getting.

ETA: Currently WR18 in ppg scoring, WR33 in December ADP.

And that's with the flukey low TDs.  If he had 6 TDs (on his career average for TDs per touch) he would be WR6 in ppg right now.

This guy is tough to value. He's got a high floor and has been pretty healthy and consistent the last two years. But he's 27. I  personally would only  trade him for a 2020 first, or a young guy like Metcalf, Samuel, Harry type. But I don't think he holds that kind of value really. Try getting him for a second. 

This guy is tough to value. He's got a high floor and has been pretty healthy and consistent the last two years. But he's 27. I  personally would only  trade him for a 2020 first, or a young guy like Metcalf, Samuel, Harry type. But I don't think he holds that kind of value really. Try getting him for a second. 
You mean a low floor and a high ceiling? Dude can completely disappear. It can be 14 catches one week, then 14 catches to Kupp the next. But they almost never go off together.

You mean a low floor and a high ceiling? Dude can completely disappear. It can be 14 catches one week, then 14 catches to Kupp the next. But they almost never go off together.
Every guy is going to have some stinkers yes, he had 3 this year. And yes, twice he had 13 catches, but thats not the norm. If you look at the last couple of years he's usually good for around 5 or so catches for about 70 yards with very few tds.  He rarely puts up huge games. So I say a pretty decent  floor with a low ceiling.

Can't give this guy away. In the second round of our PPR rookie draft and people still don't want him.
Very underrated fantasy WR...to me the key to his value is where you have him slotted on your team...he 's a reach as #2, he's a quality #3 and a phenomenal #4...if he is your #4 and one of your starters goes down you can whether the storm with him.  If someone offered him to me for a 2 I would take that right away.

Very underrated fantasy WR...to me the key to his value is where you have him slotted on your team...he 's a reach as #2, he's a quality #3 and a phenomenal #4...if he is your #4 and one of your starters goes down you can whether the storm with him.  If someone offered him to me for a 2 I would take that right away.
Why?

He's been a strong WR2 each of the last two years even with a huge outlier in TDs per target last year that will surely regress positively to the mean.

With his career average of TDs per target last year he would have had 7 TDs which would have made him WR7 in ppg.

Woods gives you a free 100 yards and 1 TD over his perceived value right off the bat because everyone always forgets to look at his rushing stats.

Over the last two years his receptions and total yards are 86-1376 and 90-1240 (15 games).  He is still in his prime.  And now Cooks is out of town.

This guy is one of the best bargains in fantasy football for anyone looking at a 2-3 year window.  A rock solid WR2 with a relatively easy path to low WR1 upside all at WR3/WR4 prices.

Why?

He's been a strong WR2 each of the last two years even with a huge outlier in TDs per target last year that will surely regress positively to the mean.

With his career average of TDs per target last year he would have had 7 TDs which would have made him WR7 in ppg.

Woods gives you a free 100 yards and 1 TD over his perceived value right off the bat because everyone always forgets to look at his rushing stats.

Over the last two years his receptions and total yards are 86-1376 and 90-1240 (15 games).  He is still in his prime.  And now Cook is out of town.

This guy is one of the best bargains in fantasy football for anyone looking at a 2-3 year window.  A rock solid WR2 with a relatively easy path to low WR1 upside all at WR3/WR4 prices.
I really like Woods but feel very strongly that you are not in a position to win a title if he is your #2 in a three WR league.

Why?

Over the last two years his receptions and total yards are 86-1376 and 90-1240 (15 games).  He is still in his prime.  And now Cook is out of town.

:goodposting:

This is what I don't get. The team I have him on is a reboot so I'm not really expecting a lot in the next 2-3 years. But when I offer him to the teams that should be interested at late first (plus maybe a little extra) don't even bother. Guess I'll keep him.

I really like Woods but feel very strongly that you are not in a position to win a title if he is your #2 in a three WR league.
To each his own and I certainly respect that view point, but personally I don't see why a guy that's been WR12 and WR16 each of the last two years and will probably see his target share (and rushing usage) go up this year makes for a poor WR2.  

Like I said he was WR12 last year and almost every player ahead of him was surely a team's WR1, so he was basically the best WR2 in the league last year even with an extreme outlier to the downside in TDs per target.

Redraft, I think he's supremely underrated.  And I'm not sure I'm high enough on him.  

After the bye, he had 79 targets, 52 receptions, 663 yards and 2 TD's.  Over 16 games, that's 181 targets, 119 Rec, 1515/5--or Julio Jones numbers.  

I doubt he keeps that insane pace up.  But with Cooks out, there should be additional targets up for grabs.  He's had 2 straight years of 86+ catches, and 75 yards a game.  I can see him sneaking up to the bottom of the top 10 this year, especially in PPR.  

I'm struggling who I like better between Woods vs Ridley and Woods vs Amari Cooper.  ESPN and fantasy pros have him WR19-21 in standard, 16-18 in PPR.  I think he's a huge value this year, and I'll have a lot of shares. 

Redraft, I think he's supremely underrated.  And I'm not sure I'm high enough on him.  

After the bye, he had 79 targets, 52 receptions, 663 yards and 2 TD's.  Over 16 games, that's 181 targets, 119 Rec, 1515/5--or Julio Jones numbers.  

I doubt he keeps that insane pace up.  But with Cooks out, there should be additional targets up for grabs.  He's had 2 straight years of 86+ catches, and 75 yards a game.  I can see him sneaking up to the bottom of the top 10 this year, especially in PPR.  

I'm struggling who I like better between Woods vs Ridley and Woods vs Amari Cooper.  ESPN and fantasy pros have him WR19-21 in standard, 16-18 in PPR.  I think he's a huge value this year, and I'll have a lot of shares. 
Agree with you 100 percent as I've had the same dilemma contemplating who to take in a redraft full point ppr league.

I'm targeting both of those guys though.  And if I'm lucky, if both are available around the turn I'm highly considering taking both, considering who else is available on the board.

SkippaDaFlippa said:
I know I'm probably extremely late on this but can someone explain Robert Woods nickname "Bobby Trees" to me
Bobby is a common nickname for Robert 

Woods are made up of Trees. 

The Guru John Hansen has a radio show on SiriusXM and a bunch of other media presence, and he uses these nicknames a ton, it's just his schtick. 

Robert Woods said he’s open to signing an extension with the Rams.

Woods has two years and $18 million remaining on the deal he signed in 2017.  There’s no chance he gets a new contract with Cooper Kupp and Jalen Ramsey in walk years.  Woods is coming off consecutive 1,000 yard seasons and should see an expanded role with Brandin Cooks gone. He’s a better candidate to be extended next offseason.

RELATED: 

Cooper Kupp

, Jalen Ramsey

SOURCE: ESPN

Aug 16, 2020, 12:34 PM ET

Robert Woods caught 6-of-8 targets for 105 yards in Week 1 against Dallas.

Woods was the only receiver getting open for Jared Goff. He got most of his catches in early, with just two coming in the second half. Woods has had one of the safest floors of any receiver over the last two seasons. He'll get a matchup with the Eagles in Week 2.

- Rotoworld

The Rams have signed like 5 new massive contracts since we were told they were in cap hell and were going to be lucky to extend even 1 of three guys. Did they find an infinite money glitch or something? 

If you can afford to turn contract money into signing bonus cash and move already owed money around in restructures, I think there’s a lot more leeway than the numbers on their own would lead us to believe. Not all owners are cool cutting those huge checks again and again and again though when it wasn’t already guaranteed they would have to pay out that money to that player without getting more production first.

FreeBaGeL said:
The Rams have signed like 5 new massive contracts since we were told they were in cap hell and were going to be lucky to extend even 1 of three guys. Did they find an infinite money glitch or something? 
They will never win a SB with the way they manage the salary cap.

Robert Woods caught 2-of-5 targets for 14 yards in the Rams' Week 2 win over the Eagles, adding three rushes for 19 yards and a touchdown. 

Woods would have had a nightmare day, but he managed to salvage things for fantasy players with his five-yard reverse rushing score in the first quarter. Despite his 100-yard day in Week 1, Woods has a modest 13 targets through two games. The Rams are piling up rushing attempts and spreading the ball around in the passing game. After getting some WR1 ganders the first two weeks, Woods will be a WR2 for Week 3's tough matchup with the Bills.

- Rotoworld

Will White shadow woods this week? Anyone benching him due to matchup? I have a feeling this is going to be a high scoring game. 

Robert Woods caught 5-of-6 targets for 74 yards and a touchdown in the Rams' Week 3 loss to the Bills, adding three carries for 30 additional yards. 

Cooper Kupp had the bigger receiving day, but the rushing production brought Woods to within three yards of his teammate. That's back-to-back weeks Woods has helped salvage an ordinary day with something he did on the ground. Jared Goff is really spreading the ball around as a passer, but both Woods and Kupp are settling into high-floor WR2 numbers. Woods will find himself in the WR18-22 range for Week 4 against the Raiders. 

Sep 27, 2020, 5:15 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread