What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG 2013 "How did I do" Thread (3 Viewers)

6-hole tonight:

QB: Palmer, Bradford, Manuel

RB: Spiller (1), MJD (3), Lacy (4), D Richardson (5), FJax (10), Polk

WR: Marshall (2), S Johnson (7), V Brown (9), L Moore, Little, Jacoby Jones

TE: Olsen (6), Rudolph (8), Gresham

K: Tucker

D: NE

Most ridiculous run on backup QBs rounds 9-11, we were determined not to succumb to the run, but it just kept going so we ended up with this Motley Crew. The QB pairing does have a good matchup matrix, so we'll see...

Otherwise pretty happy with the value and depth we got at the other positions.
Like your rb depth a lot. But your WR's behind BMarsh are suspect. All look like WR3's to me. QB trio is also subpar as u noted. TE core is solid assuming Randolph is good. Overall, I'd say 7/10. Doesn't wow me really but not terrible either

:scared:

#3 pick.

QB- D. Brees (2), J. Flacco (16), P. Rivers (20)

RB- D. Murray (3), A. Bradshaw (4), R. Mendenhall (5), C. Ivory (6), V. Ballard (10), S. Greene (12), Ry. Williams (17)

WR- Ca. Johnson (1), M. Wallace (7), S. Rice (11), K. Wright (13), R. Woods (14), D. Bess (18)

TE- O. Daniels (8), B. Pettigrew (9)

K- B. Walsh (19)

D- Chicago (15)

Last edited by a moderator:
from 12

QB: Kaepernick (7), Manuel (15)

RB: T. Richardson (1), Lacy (3), D. Richardson (5), M. Bush (11), Pead (12)

WR: Garcon (4), Decker (6), L. Moore (8), G. Tate (10), Woods (16), Wheaton (18)

TE: Graham (2), F. Davis (9), Dickson (14), McDonald (19)

K: Bailey (17), Forbath (20)

Def: Texans (13)

drafting from the eleven hole in about 2.5 hours would be interested to know who was available at the 1st to the 2nd turn??Was richardson the last of mohicans for the top tier rbs??Was dez available??also picking Lacy and Garcon the the 3 to 4 swing makes me nervous that the talent had really dwindle at that point

drafting from the eleven hole in about 2.5 hours would be interested to know who was available at the 1st to the 2nd turn??Was richardson the last of mohicans for the top tier rbs??Was dez available??also picking Lacy and Garcon the the 3 to 4 swing makes me nervous that the talent had really dwindle at that point
I think I got lucky at the end of the 1st.

http://leagues.myffpc.com/football/draft-board.php?LID=133436&UID=1354461076efda61ccb17734415a65b&CONF=0&X=1377461503379

since link didn't work:

Round 1

Adrian Peterson

Calvin Johnson

Doug Martin

Ray Rice

Jamaal Charles

C.J. Spiller

LeSean McCoy

Arian Foster

Marshawn Lynch

Brandon Marshall

Alfred Morris

Trent Richardson

Round 2

Jimmy Graham

AJ Green

Julio Jones

Matt Forte

Dez Bryant

Steven Jackson

Demayrius Thomas

Chris Johnson

Larry Fitzgerald

Reggie Bush

DeMarco Murray

Darren Sproles

Round 3

Stevan Ridley

Randall Cobb

Andre Johnson

Jason Witten

Maurice Jones-Drew

Roddy White

David Wilson

Rob Gronkowski

Vincent Jackson

Victor Cruz

Drew Brees

Eddie Lacy

http://leagues.myffpc.com/football/draft-board.php?LID=133436&UID=1354461076efda61ccb17734415a65b&CONF=0&X=1377461503379
it will not let me open that

From the 6th spot:

QB: Eli (11), Bradford (12)

RB: McCoy (1), Bernard (4), Andre Brown (5), Tate (8), FJax (10), JStew (14), Leshoure (17)

WR: Julio (2), Cruz (3), JaJones (7), Blackmond (9), Gibson (16), Kearley (18)

TE: Cook (6), Dickson (13), Fleener (15)

D/SpT: Rams (19)

K: Henery (20)

I just did my first draft today and RBs FLEW off the board. 7 in round 1; 8 in round 2; 5 in round 3...

I just did my first draft today and RBs FLEW off the board. 7 in round 1; 8 in round 2; 5 in round 3...
im kind of suprised only 7 backs were taken in the first round.Does that mean guys like rice and richardson became 2nd rd picks?

im kind of suprised only 7 backs were taken in the first round.Does that mean guys like rice and richardson became 2nd rd picks?
No, they were top 5.

from 12

WR: Garcon (4), Decker (6), L. Moore (8), G. Tate (10), Woods (16), Wheaton (18)

Dude you got a golden ticket handed to you with Graham/TRich at the first turn and you totally screwed it up by taking Lacy/Garçon at the next. Lamar,Wes,Amendola,Tony G, all would've been better picks. I like Garçon a lot got him myself at 5.05 a few days ago but a ill too early here. And Lacy?!!! C'mon man!!! Man how I wish I was in that draft with my sucky 5th pick. Before my draft I was praying Bush would fall to me in the 2nd and MJD in the 3rd and of course neither did.

This is my last team from the 5

QB Wilson, Palmer

RB Wilson,Miller, Tate, Leshoure, LJames, K Hunter, JRandle, KBarner

WR DemThomas, Garçon, Britt, Thompkins, Gordon, Stills

TE Graham, Olsen

K Brown

D Hou

Rip away boys

From the 11 spot(hated it)

QB:Stafford,Flacco

RB:Lynch, L.Miller, B.Pierce,M. Ingram,S. Greene

WR:Dez, Vjax, Steve Smith ty hilton E.sanders C.Patterson P.Harvin

TE:M.Bennett J.Gresham M.Lewis

D:Texans Pitt

K:Janikowski

From the 9

QB: Cam (8), Flacco (16)

RB: Rice (1), Chris Johnson (2), Mendenhall (6), A Brown (7), Powell (12), Greene (13)

WR: VJax (4), Welker (5), Mike Williams (9), Hartline (11), S Rice (15)

TE: Witten (3), Pettigrew (10), H Miller (14), Ertz (17), Casey (20)

DST: Tampa

K: Vinateri

from 12

Dude you got a golden ticket handed to you with Graham/TRich at the first turn and you totally screwed it up by taking Lacy/Garçon at the next. Lamar,Wes,Amendola,Tony G, all would've been better picks. I like Garçon a lot got him myself at 5.05 a few days ago but a ill too early here. And Lacy?!!! C'mon man!!! Man how I wish I was in that draft with my sucky 5th pick. Before my draft I was praying Bush would fall to me in the 2nd and MJD in the 3rd and of course neither did.
I think Lacy will have a much better season than L. Miller. Time will tell on Garçon :)

From the 2

QB - Romo, Schaub

RB - Charles, MJD, Miller, Stewart, D. Robinson

WR - White, M. Austin, Givens, T. Austin, Rice, DHB, Jeffrey

TE - Davis, Casey, Ausberry, V. McDonald

PK - Bryant

DT - 9ers

I like my chances

My last draft of the year...Out of the 10 hole..Wanted 3RBs out of first four picks...

QB-Kapernick-8, Schaub-15, Manuel-18

RB-Rice-1, Morris-2, Mathews-4, J.Bell-10, C.Michael-11, Franklin-20

WR-White-3, Nelson-5, M.Austin-6, Michael Floyd-9, Hartline-12

TE-Cameron-7, Celek-13, Miller-16

K-Akers-19

DEF-New England-14, San Diego-17

I think i have a well balanced team, if Nelson cant go I'll start Michael Floyd as my second flex.

Some trends in this draft TEs really fly off the boards..Cameron in the 7.10 was the 12th TE taken in the draft.

K.Thompkins went in the 7th round, Givens and Sudfield in th 9th. 6 teams took 3 RBs with their first four picks.

what are your thoughts?

My last draft of the year...Out of the 10 hole..Wanted 3RBs out of first four picks...

K-Akers-19

I think i have a well balanced team, if Nelson cant go I'll start Michael Floyd as my second flex.

Some trends in this draft TEs really fly off the boards..Cameron in the 7.10 was the 12th TE taken in the draft.

K.Thompkins went in the 7th round, Givens and Sudfield in th 9th. 6 teams took 3 RBs with their first four picks.

what are your thoughts?
Obviously you are strong at RB. That is going to be a strength. I like your WR corps as well if Nelson is healthy. I think being strong at WR and RB is not easy, but that is generally my drafting strategy, so I think you nailed it in that respect.

Where I differ is that I do not believe in Kapernick this year. I don't think he comes close to QB1 numbers and Schaub is always a fantasy wasteland. I think you could have done better there, but I could be proven wrong. Its just an opinion.

You TE seems like a weakness as well, but like you said, some FPC drafts have TEs flying off the board. You wait because you don't want to overpay, but then you end up with Cameron as your starter. Don't get me wrong, he has tremendous upside, but it is still the Browns, and I don't see their offense being potent enough for him to get you TE1 numbers. Again, just my opinion. I actually think you might end up starting Celek more than Cameron this year.

Either way, good luck with your team. Now, I am going to post mine so you can trash me back. :topcat:

From the number 3 hole a few nights back:

QB: Russell Wilson (10), josh Freeman (14), Carson Palmer (17)

RB: Doug Martin (1), DeMarco Murray (3), Benjarvis Green-Ellis (7) , Christine Michael (12), Denard Robinson (18), Felix Jones (flyer in 20th)

WR: Demaryius Thomas (2), Dwayne Bowe (4), Jordy Nelson (5), Steve Smith (6), Miles Austin (9), Malcolm Floyd (16)

TE: Brandon Myers (8), Jermaine Gresham (11), Rod Housler (15)

PK: Mike Nugent (19)

DEF: 49ers (13)

The Bengals have been using Gresham almost exclusively over Eiffert so far. I think he could be very good for the 11th round. Obviously Austin in the 9th was a steal, most would agree.

I definitely feel l reached for a few, but would like to hear other's thoughts.

K-Akers-19

what are your thoughts?
Obviously you are strong at RB. That is going to be a strength. I like your WR corps as well if Nelson is healthy. I think being strong at WR and RB is not easy, but that is generally my drafting strategy, so I think you nailed it in that respect.Where I differ is that I do not believe in Kapernick this year. I don't think he comes close to QB1 numbers and Schaub is always a fantasy wasteland. I think you could have done better there, but I could be proven wrong. Its just an opinion.

You TE seems like a weakness as well, but like you said, some FPC drafts have TEs flying off the board. You wait because you don't want to overpay, but then you end up with Cameron as your starter. Don't get me wrong, he has tremendous upside, but it is still the Browns, and I don't see their offense being potent enough for him to get you TE1 numbers. Again, just my opinion. I actually think you might end up starting Celek more than Cameron this year.

Either way, good luck with your team. Now, I am going to post mine so you can trash me back. :topcat:
Thanks for your thoughts!

Yeah I might have to hope H. Miller heals quickly if Cameron doesn't pan out. I don't like reaching for guys but at that point I felt like I had to grab him for his upside. Especially like Cameron over guys like Gresham, Bennett and Myers.

I am high on Kaepernick, and Manuel. I could see starting a healthy Manuel over Schaub. But due to both Kaep and Manuel being read option QBs I needed a traditional QB incase one is hurt. Schaub is tempting to me this year with a solid#2

In Hopkins. I seem to have him as a backup on a lot of my teams.

RB: Doug Martin (1), DeMarco Murray (3), Benjarvis Green-Ellis (7) , Christine Michael (12), Denard Robinson (18), Felix Jones (flyer in 20th)

WR: Demaryius Thomas (2), Dwayne Bowe (4), Jordy Nelson (5), Steve Smith (6), Miles Austin (9), Malcolm Floyd (16)

The Bengals have been using Gresham almost exclusively over Eiffert so far. I think he could be very good for the 11th round. Obviously Austin in the 9th was a steal, most would agree.

I like it. Your WRs are really strong. I think you have 5 guys that could finish in the top 20. RB is decent, your probably only going to start Martin and Murray with BGE as a bye filler.

QB is decent I think Wilson will finish in the 8-10 range. Good depth with Palmer and Freeman. Think you'll use Palmer more than Freeman.

Your TEs should give you average production. I like Housler as s high upside guy.

I think your team will be competitive!

Thoughts? After a day to think about it not as displeased as I was initially.Only bought one team last year and happened to win my league,this team just didnt seem as good rite after i drafted it but we shall see

Thoughts? After a day to think about it not as displeased as I was initially.Only bought one team last year and happened to win my league,this team just didnt seem as good rite after i drafted it but we shall see
I have seen Stafford be considered everything from a value pick to undraftable. I honestly have no idea where he is going to fall, but you can't go wrong with the guy throwing to Calvin, in my opinion. Flacco isn't flashy, but he should fill in here and there when you need him.

I like Lynch, and I was high on Miller early on, but I am starting to sour on him a little bit. I don't like your depth at RB, but if you make the right choice each week, you will get solid production out of the position.

I like your WRs and see your flex points coming from that position.

TE is probably going to be about average. I like Bennett this year with a new team and have already said that Gresham is playing with something to prove.

I think you want to keep your eye on the waiver wire for RBs. If you can get a gem early in the season, you should be competitive.

K-Akers-19

what are your thoughts?
Decent at QB. Downside of Kapernick is he'll be up and down depending on his rushing totals. He'll have a week where he'll score 30 followed by a 15 point week. Be prepared for the roller coaster.

Getting Rice at 10 is a gift. Not crazy about Morris and Mathews in ppr leagues. Both will be solid each week but without receptions you'll be somewhat limited in getting big weeks out of them since they'll be dependent on scoring TD's. Morris could have issues this year, at least early, IMO if Griffin doesn't have the same threat of rushing.

Like White at WR though you have 2 question marks behind him. If Nelson is healthy (and can stay healthy) he'll be productive but I've had Austin the last 2 seasons and I'm not a fan. Being the 3rd option in that passing game will effect his seasonal ceiling. You'll see a lot of 2-3 recept for 30-40 yard type games from him sandwiched between good one's.

TE's you're basically rolling the dice that one will step up. Hopefully you guess right each week.

Overall, a team that will need a little luck for everything to turn out good.

Solid QB's. If Wilson continues what he did late last year could be a top 5-7 type of guy. Like Palmer more then Freeman as a backup but both have their issues.

Top 2 RB's are good but you lack any kind of depth behind them to cover bye weeks and/or injuries. Green is in a RBBC and you have the wrong side of that group since Green's not the one who catches passes. Any chance for him to help long term would be primarily with TD's. When he doesn't score you'll be looking at 4-5 points max from him.

Have some good Wr's and deep. I'm slightly worried how Welker will effect Thomas but you're top 3 should score some TD's.

Not crazy about your TE's but I'm not a big believer in any of the TE's after the first few.

Solid club if your starting RB's scan stay healthy.

2nd team drafting out of the 7 hole, pretty happy...

QB: RG3 (10), Dalton (15)

RB: Bush (2), Richardson (5), Mendenhall (7), Tate (9), Dwyer (13), Ryan Will (17), Denard Robinson (19)

WR: Cobb (3), Welker (4), Thompkins (8), Jeffrey (12), Harvin (14), Heyward Bey (16)

TE: Graham (1), Cook (6), Fleener (16)

K - Zeurlein

Def - Gmen

Overall, the WR depth is scary behind the top 2. Tough draft, every WR I wanted in the middle rds was taken ahead of me. Complete reach on Thompkins but hey nothing there was that intriguing. TE's I love. Rb's im ok with, think I can flex 2 of Cook/Mendenall/Thompkins and be solid there. Dwyer in rd 13 I liked as well, I would think he's flex worthy at the least with Bell out and no one seemed to want him..

Thoughts?

thx
Any other thoughts on this squad? Im starting to like it alot more with Ben Tate's value seemingly going up by the day. Also Thompkins in the 8th isnt looking that crazy either.

Would love to hear some feedback. thx!

Thoughts on my squad drafted from the 2 spot:

QB:Manning (7), Cutler (13)
RB: Martin (1), Vereen (4), D Richardson (5), Helu (11), Hunter (14), Dunbar (18)
WR: Thomas (2), Shorts (6), V Brown (8), Gordon (9), Jeffery (12), Wheaton (16)
TE: Gronk (3), Myers (10), Fleener (13), Ausberry (17)
K: Bullock (19)
D: TB (20)

I couldnt resist Demaryius at the 2.11 and reports have been mostly positive on Gronk so picked him at 3.2 but it did cost me some depth at RB although I figure one of (if not both) Vereen or Richardson will work out.

K-Akers-19

what are your thoughts?
Decent at QB. Downside of Kapernick is he'll be up and down depending on his rushing totals. He'll have a week where he'll score 30 followed by a 15 point week. Be prepared for the roller coaster.

Getting Rice at 10 is a gift. Not crazy about Morris and Mathews in ppr leagues. Both will be solid each week but without receptions you'll be somewhat limited in getting big weeks out of them since they'll be dependent on scoring TD's. Morris could have issues this year, at least early, IMO if Griffin doesn't have the same threat of rushing.

Like White at WR though you have 2 question marks behind him. If Nelson is healthy (and can stay healthy) he'll be productive but I've had Austin the last 2 seasons and I'm not a fan. Being the 3rd option in that passing game will effect his seasonal ceiling. You'll see a lot of 2-3 recept for 30-40 yard type games from him sandwiched between good one's.

TE's you're basically rolling the dice that one will step up. Hopefully you guess right each week.

I appreciate your thoughts, but I think Mathews is a decent PPR RB, in an injury plagued year last season he still caught 39 passes and the year before he caught 50... Morris i understand.

Austin and Nelson are heavily targeted WRs in pass first offenses. Both guys average 8+ targets a game, very solid IMO. Every WR will have a bad game sandwiched here and there. And if either of them are injured I have no issues using Floyd and Hartline (both of whom will also see a lot of targets). Really like Floyd alot this year, he has been Palmer's favourite target through camp this offseason.

K-Akers-19

what are your thoughts?

I appreciate your thoughts, but I think Mathews is a decent PPR RB, in an injury plagued year last season he still caught 39 passes and the year before he caught 50... Morris i understand.

Austin and Nelson are heavily targeted WRs in pass first offenses. Both guys average 8+ targets a game, very solid IMO. Every WR will have a bad game sandwiched here and there. And if either of them are injured I have no issues using Floyd and Hartline (both of whom will also see a lot of targets). Really like Floyd alot this year, he has been Palmer's favourite target through camp this offseason.
Splitting hairs here but neither of those guys averaged 8+ targets last year or any year in their career. In 2012 Austin was a little over 7 with Nelson a little over 6. Even in Nelson's best season he was only getting 6 targets a game.

Matthews value will come down to how much they use Woodhead. From what I read they view him similar to Sproles in NO. If that's the case, Matthews could lose recepts.

Good luck.

drafted this team out of 5:

QB:P manning(5),A.smith(16)

RB: Foster(1),Lacy(4),mendenhall(7),D.thomas(12),Leshoure (13),redman(19)

WR:D.thomas(2),Welker(3),J.Jones(6), Britt(9),Blackmon(10),Mccluster(17),Kerley(18)

TE:O.Daniels(8),Gresham(11),Dreesen(20)

K:Prater(14)

D:texans(15)

I am very light on RB's but banking on steady work from foster and spot start through the rest.I am clearly banking on Denver putting up a lot of points!!Took my K /D earlier then hoped but i thought being weak at RB i should be stronger everywhere else. This was a weird draft, one guy took gonzalez,gronk and graham at TE which could be very scary. The RB's went fast but I hope Foster is steady as past couple years. GO BRONCOS!!

WR:D.thomas(2),Welker(3),J.Jones(6), Britt(9),Blackmon(10),Mccluster(17),Kerley(18)

I am very light on RB's but banking on steady work from foster and spot start through the rest.I am clearly banking on Denver putting up a lot of points!!Took my K /D earlier then hoped but i thought being weak at RB i should be stronger everywhere else. This was a weird draft, one guy took gonzalez,gronk and graham at TE which could be very scary. The RB's went fast but I hope Foster is steady as past couple years. GO BRONCOS!!
I can only assume the rest of the team that drafted those 3 TEs looks like crap. He cant have any rbs worth anything. I would love to go up against someone like that.

Suprised to see you didnt take Tate. The Foster owner in my league also slept on taking him and i nabbed him in the 9th. I think you HAVE to reach for him if u drafted Foster. And Im shocked u took him even at 5 to be honest. Means u passed on a Charles/Mccoy/TRich/Rice/Spiller to take Foster. I'd have taken every one of those guys over him including Mega/Graham. I think your rb core overall is scary thin.

I have seen Stafford be considered everything from a value pick to undraftable. I honestly have no idea where he is going to fall, but you can't go wrong with the guy throwing to Calvin, in my opinion. Flacco isn't flashy, but he should fill in here and there when you need him.

I like Lynch, and I was high on Miller early on, but I am starting to sour on him a little bit. I don't like your depth at RB, but if you make the right choice each week, you will get solid production out of the position.

I like your WRs and see your flex points coming from that position.

TE is probably going to be about average. I like Bennett this year with a new team and have already said that Gresham is playing with something to prove.

I think you want to keep your eye on the waiver wire for RBs. If you can get a gem early in the season, you should be competitiveap
appreciate the feedback

just finished a $1250 ffpc draft. instead of posting my team, i'll be around for a few hours to answer any Q about the draft if interested.

From the #9 slot last night...overkilled it on RBs cuz my WRs kept getting sniped. Plan on only starting 2 WRs anyway and if one more of those RBs outside of the top 3 emerge I think it'll be fine.

QB - Wilson, Tannehill

RB - Richardson, Morris, Ridley, Ingram, Rodgers, Pead, Knile Davis, Kendall Hunter, Polk

WR - Shorts, T.Y., Tate, Hopkins, Wheaton

TE - Vernon, Kelce

D - Ravens

K - who cares

From the #9 slot last night...overkilled it on RBs cuz my WRs kept getting sniped. Plan on only starting 2 WRs anyway and if one more of those RBs outside of the top 3 emerge I think it'll be fine.

QB - Wilson, Tannehill

RB - Richardson, Morris, Ridley, Ingram, Rodgers, Pead, Knile Davis, Kendall Hunter, Polk

TE - Vernon, Kelce

D - Ravens

K - who cares
So ridley lasted until the end of rd 3? Wow. These drafts vary like crazy. Hard to turn down that value. Can i ask who the F did u take in rd 4? Vernon??? Cause there was a great spot for a Welker type WR if he was still there...

Overall, its ok. Not sure your 3 backs can nullify your other weaknesses. I would have nabbed a much better TE2 also in the midst of taking those 9 rb's. If Davis isnt a monster, you're in some real trouble this yr.

And i can see u starting a 3rd WR over Ingram btw. Just my .02

Thoughts on my squad drafted from the 2 spot:

QB:Manning (7), Cutler (13)
RB: Martin (1), Vereen (4), D Richardson (5), Helu (11), Hunter (14), Dunbar (18)
WR: Thomas (2), Shorts (6), V Brown (8), Gordon (9), Jeffery (12), Wheaton (16)
TE: Gronk (3), Myers (10), Fleener (13), Ausberry (17)
K: Bullock (19)
D: TB (20)

I couldnt resist Demaryius at the 2.11 and reports have been mostly positive on Gronk so picked him at 3.2 but it did cost me some depth at RB although I figure one of (if not both) Vereen or Richardson will work out.
I like this draft alot. And if Gronk is back by week 3, i love it. As u said, 1 of, if not both Vereen/Drich will be solid. Pretty solid in all areas and Gordon in rd 9 i think will pay big dividends. You're going to have some fun picking out your flexes every week. See about 4 of 5 flex-worthy guys on this roster.. Good luck

QB - Wilson, Tannehill

TE - Vernon, Kelce

D - Ravens

K - who cares
So ridley lasted until the end of rd 3? Wow. These drafts vary like crazy. Hard to turn down that value. Can i ask who the F did u take in rd 4? Vernon??? Cause there was a great spot for a Welker type WR if he was still there...

Overall, its ok. Not sure your 3 backs can nullify your other weaknesses. I would have nabbed a much better TE2 also in the midst of taking those 9 rb's. If Davis isnt a monster, you're in some real trouble this yr.

And i can see u starting a 3rd WR over Ingram btw. Just my .02
yeah I did grab VD in the 4th...I think he's gonna have a huge year and be the #1 target in SF...im also a huge 9ers home so that weighted in. I really need one of my handcuff snipes to get an opporunity. This was a weird draft...2 ppl took 2 of the top 12 QBs before they had any other bench players...I think my team is very competitive in this league but might struggle if I were to move on to the big money rounds.

Well, another year and another FPC draft down. Drafted from the 9 slot.

I am lukewarm with my team, but I would appreciate any thoughts. WR is the glaring weakness, so I drafted a slew of mid-levels hoping to hit a homerun. TEs are the strength here and I think my RBs are enough to get by.

QB: Romo (7), Schaub (15)

RB: Morris (2), Lacy (4), Williams (6), BJE (10), Stacy (17)

WR: Brown (5), Blackmon (8), S. Johnson (9), Hartline (11), Rice (12), Floyd (16), Kerley (18), Streater (20)

TE: Graham (1), Gonzalez (3), Lewis (14)

PK: Bullock (19)

TD: SF (13)

:gang2: Just drafted from the 1 slot: :gang2:

Love the team. Lots of people went RBs early.... Julio and B-Marsh dropped...wasn't planning on it. This team will win it all.

QB: Peyton Manning, Vick

RB: Peterson, Mathews, Bradshaw, Christine Michael, Felix Jones

WR: Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall, Mike Wallace, Golden Tate, Malcom Floyd, C. Patterson, Percy Harvin

TE: Fred Davis, Julius Thomas, Fasano

K: Prater, Zuerline

D/ST: 49ers

:hifive: :hifive: :hifive:

Out of the 6 spot..

QB: Ryan, Flacco

RB: R. Bush, Gore, Woodhead, Helu, Hunter

WR: C. Johnson, Amendola, Nicks, Givens, Heyward-Bey, Wheaton

TE: Gates, Celek, Fleener

K: Bryant

Def: Rams, Bucs

First draft of the year...Wish I got more depth at RB, but it seems like they were being picked off right before me all the time.

Well, another year and another FPC draft down. Drafted from the 9 slot.

I am lukewarm with my team, but I would appreciate any thoughts. WR is the glaring weakness, so I drafted a slew of mid-levels hoping to hit a homerun. TEs are the strength here and I think my RBs are enough to get by.

QB: Romo (7), Schaub (15)

RB: Morris (2), Lacy (4), Williams (6), BJE (10), Stacy (17)

WR: Brown (5), Blackmon (8), S. Johnson (9), Hartline (11), Rice (12), Floyd (16), Kerley (18), Streater (20)

TE: Graham (1), Gonzalez (3), Lewis (14)

PK: Bullock (19)

TD: SF (13)
Lukewarm is right, ouch. Not a fan. While the TE core is great no doubt, you should ahve nabbed a better RB/WR in that 3rd rd. You could have picked an Olsen/Cook/Finley type a few rds later and still have an awesome TE core with a better RB/WR crew. I like Morris/Lacy but not sure they're going to be that great in a PPR format. And those WR's leave alot to be desired. The plus is Tony Gonz is an automatic Flex option every week. But overall, u need alot of luck with this squad. ..

:gang2: Just drafted from the 1 slot: :gang2:

Love the team. Lots of people went RBs early.... Julio and B-Marsh dropped...wasn't planning on it. This team will win it all.

QB: Peyton Manning, Vick

RB: Peterson, Mathews, Bradshaw, Christine Michael, Felix Jones

WR: Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall, Mike Wallace, Golden Tate, Malcom Floyd, C. Patterson, Percy Harvin

TE: Fred Davis, Julius Thomas, Fasano

K: Prater, Zuerline

D/ST: 49ers

:hifive: :hifive: :hifive:
Hard to believe Marsh lasted till 3.1. Makes me want to draft another squad and capitalize on this Marshall fear. Pretty strong squad as u said. I will say your TE's are pretty weak. Davis 'could' be solid, we've yet to see him produce as a TE1 for a full season tho. And Thomas is more of a low end TE2 with upside. WIth so many options in Denver, i cant imagine he's a consistent target in the passing game. And also after AP, you have some weak depth. Matthews/Bradshaw are always an injury waiting to happen and u have nothing behind those 2. Michael needs a Lynch injury to be a force.

Hey those first 3 picks alone will have u in contention come yrs end. Just not sure its as 'great' as u think it is.

Out of the 6 spot..

First draft of the year...Wish I got more depth at RB, but it seems like they were being picked off right before me all the time.
Yea your RB depth is crazy thin. I cant foresee any of those 3 bench guys holding value as a starter/flex barring injuries. You at least handcuffed Gore so that was smart. You'll have to do some waiver wire work and add some depth but this squad 'as is' , is pretty formidable. Love the WR's, TE's are servicable. And IF bush/gore can stay on the field, they'll be fine along with a top 5 QB.

Gates/Gore, there's your 2 'x' factors. If both are good/healthy, you have a really strong squad here.

Out of the 6 spot..

Yea your RB depth is crazy thin. I cant foresee any of those 3 bench guys holding value as a starter/flex barring injuries. You at least handcuffed Gore so that was smart. You'll have to do some waiver wire work and add some depth but this squad 'as is' , is pretty formidable. Love the WR's, TE's are servicable. And IF bush/gore can stay on the field, they'll be fine along with a top 5 QB.

Gates/Gore, there's your 2 'x' factors. If both are good/healthy, you have a really strong squad here.
Thanks for the insight...I walked away not happy with the team, but hopefully it can surprise me.

Users who are viewing this thread