What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite Lesser Known Hits By Well Known Artists (1 Viewer)

zamboni

Footballguy
Looking for some favorite songs among popular artists that hit the Billboard Top 40, but you will seldom hear on garden variety "hits" stations (either commercial radio. Sirius/XM, Pandora, etc.).

May be subjective in terms of what is lesser known, but have at it. I'll start it off with one I really like, but never hear unless on my own iPod:

Rod Stewart - "Passion" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sklwrKjrQYE) - #5 in 1980.

Last edited by a moderator:
just off the top of my head- there are tons of them..

Asia - Wildest Dream

Steely Dan - Haitian Divorce

Genesis - Ripples

Journey - Mother Father

REO Speedwagon- Roll With the Changes

Supertramp - School

Styx - Castle Walls

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Ballad of Curtis Lowe

James Taylor - Copperline

Life's What You Make It - Talk Talk

This Will Be Our Year - The Zombies

Only You and I Know - Dave Mason

It's About Time - The Beach Boys

Change - Tears for Fears

Pale Shelter - Tears for Fears

Rock Me On the Water- Jackson Browne

These Days- Jackson Browne

The Groom's Still Waiting at the Altar- Bob Dylan

Changing of the Guard- Bob Dylan

Talking in Your Sleep- Gordon Lightfoot

One Less Set of Footsteps- Jim Croce

Straight Into Darkness- Tom Petty

Too Much Ain't Never Enough - Tom Petty

Rebel - Tom Petty

I'm Cryin- The Animals

Victoria- The Kinks

Living on a Thin Line - The Kinks

This Time Tomorrow- The Kinks

Ramble Tamble - CCR

Sinister Purpose- CCR

Lonely People- America

Nothing but Flowers- Talking Heads

Thank You For Sending Me an Angel- The Talking Heads

zamboni said:
... songs among popular artists that hit the Billboard Top 40, but you will seldom hear on garden variety "hits" stations (either commercial radio. Sirius/XM, Pandora, etc.) ...

Rod Stewart - "Passion" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sklwrKjrQYE) - #5 in 1980.
Great idea for a thread. These "hits" stations always leave so much off the table.

Speaking of Rod Stewart, a lot of his early-80s output is just totally glossed over by commercial radio. Another #5 hit, "Young Turks" is rarely played these days.

zamboni said:
... songs among popular artists that hit the Billboard Top 40, but you will seldom hear on garden variety "hits" stations (either commercial radio. Sirius/XM, Pandora, etc.) ...

Great idea for a thread. These "hits" stations always leave so much off the table.

Speaking of Rod Stewart, a lot of his early-80s output is just totally glossed over by commercial radio. Another #5 hit, "Young Turks" is rarely played these days.
I hear Turks every now and then, but not so much the title track "Tonight I'm Yours (Don't Hurt Me)" (#20)

Styx- Miss America

John Cougar- A little night dancin & small paradise

Mark Knopfler- the way it is

David Bowie- panic in detroit

Fleetwood Mac- I don't wanna know

Joe Cocker- woman to woman

Kansas- Portrait "He knew"

Patti Smith- Frederick

The Police- So lonely

Styx- Miss America

John Cougar- A little night dancin & small paradise

Mark Knopfler- the way it is

David Bowie- panic in detroit

Fleetwood Mac- I don't wanna know

Joe Cocker- woman to woman

Kansas- Portrait "He knew"

Patti Smith- Frederick

The Police- So lonely
Come on, man.

Heart's "How Can I Refuse?" (#44 Billboard Hot 100, #1 Billboard Top Tracks Airplay, 1983). Didn't quite sell enough as a single to break the Top 40, but got a lot of airplay as an album track in major markets.

Rick Springfield -

I've Done Everything For You (#8 on Billboard Hot 100)

Love is Alright Tonite (#20)

"Urgent", "Waiting For A Girl Like You" and "Juke Box Hero" are well-played, but I think "Break It Up" (#26) from the same 4 album is much less played but also solid.

Erm, just thought of something: I'm sure NYC and NJ radio stations still play those Springsteen tracks all the time :D But down here in the sticks, they've been overlooked for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread