What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL Danny Amendola Injury and News Thread (2 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

ESPN Patriots reporter Mike Reiss expects the team to "manage" Danny Amendola's snaps to keep him healthy.

"They’re not just gonna have one player replace [Julian] Edelman," Reiss said. "They’re gonna split Edelman’s role into different parts." Edelman was an almost every down player after the last month, but Reiss does not expect Amendola to play much more than 70 percent of the snaps. Amendola played 75 percent of the offensive snaps in the two games Edelman missed last season, but he averaged nine targets. Amendola should be heavily involved in the passing game moving forward, and he warrants low-end WR2 treatment in PPR formats.

Source: ESPN

Nov 21 - 11:32 AM

Well that sucks. All the conjecture about "Amendola's role won't change going forward" was clearly utter BS.

He would have been the clear top option ROS. Instead, he's IR. Wonderful.

At least I have LaFell. We should all look at Keshawn Martin now.

• Smile
Reactions: LBH
ATB said:
Well that sucks. All the conjecture about "Amendola's role won't change going forward" was clearly utter BS.

He would have been the clear top option ROS. Instead, he's IR. Wonderful.
It's already established he is going on IR? Do they even know yet exactly what the injury is?

I've seen absolutely nothing on Dola's injury. I think it's all conjecture at this point. They said during the game it was a 'knee injury' and that he was questionable. But roto reported it happened on his receiving play not on the no-contact return.

If roto is right then he went back on the field hurt to return a kick.

Just read that Dola was seen running and working out on the sideline during game after coming out.

Lyoko is also reporting it was a minor injury.

Looks like Bill just pulled him to save what little durability he has.

Just read that Dola was seen running and working out on the sideline during game after coming out.

Lyoko is also reporting it was a minor injury.

Looks like Bill just pulled him to save what little durability he has.
Good to hear, but one more catch, even for -4 yards, would have won me a game this week :(

Mike Lyoko is a NE beat writer.

I'd say most credible after Reiss and Kyed.

People suggesting if it was a ligament issue he wouldn't have been on the sideline all game.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many Amendola owners lost last night because of the inadvertent whistle? Guy in one of my leagues lost by .1. Can't be happy this morning.

Danny Amendola - WR - Patriots
NFL Network's Albert Breer reports Danny Amendola will have an MRI on his injured knee Tuesday.
FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo said the "hope" is the injury is not serious. Brandon LaFell said Amendola "was in good spirits," but Bill Belichick declined to update his status after the game. Amendola was the focal point of the offense before leaving, racking up 117 yards on 12 targets in just under three quarters. New England also lost Aaron Dobson to what looked like a serious ankle injury Monday night. The receiver corps is getting extremely thin.

How many Amendola owners lost last night because of the inadvertent whistle? Guy in one of my leagues lost by .1. Can't be happy this morning.
Meh. I have Amendola and lost by 8, but too much being made of this. Gilmore(?) clearly quit when the whistle blew, otherwise he probably tackles Amendola about where he catches the ball.

http://gfycat.com/AlarmingAcidicDuckbillcat

The way he was limping around on the field I will be shocked if he plays this week. Brady going against Denver this week throwing to Gronk and a bunch of CFL guys does not bode well for fantasy.

He looked so good out there too.

He didn't look bad coming off the field it honestly looked like he pulled his hammy.
I saw an angle on the TD run in just after his big catch where he was just walking away from the run and all of a sudden was just limping. Couldn't tell if it was hurt from the previous play but it looked bad. Then he's back out on the field for the punt and again just started grabbing it. Expecting the worst hoping for the best.

The way he was limping around on the field I will be shocked if he plays this week. Brady going against Denver this week throwing to Gronk and a bunch of CFL guys does not bode well for fantasy.

He looked so good out there too.
Lafell is a CFL guy now. Hmm no wonder he wasn't playing.

CSN New England reports Danny Amendola has a sprained knee, but is "not expected to miss an extended period of time."
Per reporter Tom Curran, Amendola has yet to even be ruled out for Week 12. Curran reports his availability against the Broncos will be determined by "how he responds to treatment and an increase in workload as the week progresses." For now, owners shouldn't plan on having Amendola for Sunday, but it sounds like one missed game might be the worst-case scenario. Amendola's status will be updated when the Patriots return to practice on Wednesday. Nov 24 - 4:48 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4991/danny-amendola

Sounds like he received positive MRI results..

CSN New England reports Danny Amendola has a sprained knee, but is "not expected to miss an extended period of time."
Per reporter Tom Curran, Amendola has yet to even be ruled out for Week 12. Curran reports his availability against the Broncos will be determined by "how he responds to treatment and an increase in workload as the week progresses." For now, owners shouldn't plan on having Amendola for Sunday, but it sounds like one missed game might be the worst-case scenario. Amendola's status will be updated when the Patriots return to practice on Wednesday. Nov 24 - 4:48 PM

That sounds promising. And think how motivated he will be to shake that "injury prone" tag.

MCL sprain - as I said :)

Who is the WR/TE/RB to own if Amendola is out?

LaFell, Dobson and Martin?

Thing is the Pats offense didn't look great as it was. Buffalo is a good defense at times with a lot of knowledge on the Pats, but at times they looked sluggish, they're missing Edelman.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Who is the WR/TE/RB to own if Amendola is out?

LaFell, Dobson and Martin?

Thing is the Pats offense didn't look great as it was. Buffalo is a good defense at times with a lot of knowledge on the Pats, but at times they looked sluggish, they're missing Edelman.
Amendola had 117 yards in less than 3 quarters. And was potentially robbed of a lot of yards and a TD. Edelman's season high was 120. I don't think he's who their missing other than it hurting their depth at the position with Martin and others also being out.

They're missing Dion Lewis and multiple offensive linemen much more than Edelman.

Different update

@jeffphowe: Danny Amendola has NOT been ruled out for Sunday yet, per sources. His knee will be tested tomorrow before Pats decide who travels.

Users who are viewing this thread