What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeSean Jackson (3 Viewers)

Love how defensive you girls get after the weeks he costs you a game. This is like the showboat punt return fumble week all over again. :D

The numbers don't support your narrative, that's all. You can say your punter helped you make the playoffs as well....I'm sure there was a nice kick in there somewhere. Cousins to Reed is the difference, not MeSean who played a full season last year when you won 4 games. Now he has a 30 catch season and he is the difference?
You can always tell when this dude has lost when he starts name calling (girls, cowgirls, dead skins, etc). He is a very angry bird...

Look man, the guy didnt say he was a HOF player that the Eagles cut for no reason. But it is a fact that he HELPED them win the division wether it was because he caught a pass or just drew double coverage deep to let someone else catch it underneath. But seriously, your constant crying about Desean -who I think personally is a POS- really makes you look like your butt hurt because the "Iggles" (see we all can use 3rd grade names) cut a good WR. Albeit a head case WR, but still a good WR. Just move on and get some anger therapy.

Love how defensive you girls get after the weeks he costs you a game. This is like the showboat punt return fumble week all over again. :D

The numbers don't support your narrative, that's all. You can say your punter helped you make the playoffs as well....I'm sure there was a nice kick in there somewhere. Cousins to Reed is the difference, not MeSean who played a full season last year when you won 4 games. Now he has a 30 catch season and he is the difference?
Your reading comprehension is awful.
Unfortunately for you, numbers don't lie.But keep up the personal insults.....that will make his 500 yard season more impressive.
Go reread Mike's post and try again.
:homer:
What part of his argument do you specifically disagree with?
Honestly, I think he doesn't really get my argument, which is fine.

Reference is made to the fact that Jackson only had 500 yards, therefore he had little impact. What he doesn't realize is that all those games he was getting zero yards was when he was injured, and that's precisely when the Redskins passing offense was not good.

When Jackson came back, and accumulated more yards and more scores, the offense was better.

Ironically, the 500 yards alludes really to the fact that there were many games Djax didn't play. And those were the games when the passing offense stunk.

It's basically my point and he doesn't get that he's helping to make it.

Unfortunately for you, numbers don't lie.But keep up the personal insults.....that will make his 500 yard season more impressive.
Honestly, I think he doesn't really get my argument, which is fine.Reference is made to the fact that Jackson only had 500 yards, therefore he had little impact. What he doesn't realize is that all those games he was getting zero yards was when he was injured, and that's precisely when the Redskins passing offense was not good.

When Jackson came back, and accumulated more yards and more scores, the offense was better.

Ironically, the 500 yards alludes really to the fact that there were many games Djax didn't play. And those were the games when the passing offense stunk.

I know he doesn't understand. He'll come back later and make up statements claiming Redskins fans have been saying Jackson is the top WR in the league.

The whole storyline of him being a significant reason for you making the playoffs and the Eagles collapse is very :homer: iffic.

I get it though after his play yesterday and losing big there is some steam to blow off, carry on.

Reference is made to the fact that Jackson only had 500 yards, therefore he had little impact. What he doesn't realize is that all those games he was getting zero yards was when he was injured, and that's precisely when the Redskins passing offense was not good.

You said he was a significant reason they made the playoffs.....there are about 15 other players on your roster that could qualify as "significant" then. Also significant reason for the Eagles collapse? Delayed effect I guess that took 2 years to hit? Its all good, if a big playoff season for the Skins and a "collapse" for the Eagles only puts them 2 games apart I will take it. Just an all around weak homer post by you but it's OK, I get it after yesterday.

Honestly, I think he doesn't really get my argument, which is fine.Reference is made to the fact that Jackson only had 500 yards, therefore he had little impact. What he doesn't realize is that all those games he was getting zero yards was when he was injured, and that's precisely when the Redskins passing offense was not good.

You said he was a significant reason they made the playoffs.....there are about 15 other players on your roster that could qualify as "significant" then. Also significant reason for the Eagles collapse? Delayed effect I guess that took 2 years to hit? Its all good, if a big playoff season for the Skins and a "collapse" for the Eagles only puts them 2 games apart I will take it. Just an all around weak homer post by you but it's OK, I get it after yesterday.
Your ability to consistently miss the point and misrepresent what people have said is astounding.

Hey dude, lol, do you remember how this whole discussion started? You tried to troll us Redskins fans by linking to an article that basically blamed the GB loss on Desean Jackson. Like if not for that one play they would have won. So you talk about twisting facts and logic to extreme levels and make it sound like you are the voice of reason, quoting stats and whatnot...and then you try to imply with that link that that one play by Djax cost them the game? That's just straight trolling dude.

Fact is, yes, DJax f'd that play up, but the Skins lost that game due to crappy D primarily...I think we can all agree to that. And, fact is, DJax was part of the reason they made the playoffs AND yeah, other players helped them as well. Basically, I have just been saying Djax has helped the team and also made some boneheaded plays. You are basically acting like he no redeeming value whatsoever. And then you want to pretend like you are the voice of reason? lol

Go ahead and insult me but I'm not buying it dude. We've had good conversations in other threads and hopefully this one will pass and we'll have more good conversations. But as for this topic, we'll just agree to disagree I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is more out of control Homer analysis showing the DeSean Jackson helped the Redskins passing game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/22588/kirk-cousins-desean-jackson-build-trust-in-passing-game

But those weapons also enhance Cousins’ game. Jackson’s return in particular has helped and the more he plays, the better those two have clicked. In the last four games, Cousins has a 98.5 QBR and 154.0 passer rating when throwing to Jackson.

“We’re in a good place,” Cousins said. “It can grow quite a bit. It’s going to grow over time. The more reps we’re able to have together, the more time we’re able to have together, the better we’ll be. He’s a very talented player.”

On passes that have traveled 20 yards or longer in the air, Cousins has completed nine-of-14 throws to Jackson -- and eight-of-37 to everyone else.

----

Of course other players like Reed are critical to the Redskins success...but commentary like this has been out there for a while. No one's making this stuff up. lol

More, since you are the statistical mastermind. Let's go:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/redskins/story/1630461-the-desean-difference

I don’t think any Redskins fan would deny that DeSean Jackson is a playmaker who can impact the offense, but this season afforded the opportunity to show statistically how much of an impact Jackson has. Jackson was injured early in the first game of the season, and then preceded to miss the next six games. He then played in the next eight games, while then dressing but not recording a single target in the final game of the season. That gives a pretty fair breakdown of the offense and Kirk Cousins with and without DeSean Jackson. For the moment we will ignore the week 17 game and just focus on the splits between the first 7 weeks without Jackson and the next 8 weeks with Jackson in the line-up.

Numbers from Pro Football Reference Game Logs:

Redskins ppg and yardage numbers without DeSean Jackson:

PPG: 21.14 | Yardage: 340.29

Redskins ppg and yardage numbers with DeSean Jackson:

PPG: 25.75 | Yardage: 355.25

Kirk Cousins without DeSean Jackson:

Comp %: 68.7% | Yards: 1,737 | Comp/Attempts: 184/268 | TD: 9 | INT: 8

TD%: 3.4 | INT%: 3.0% | YPA: 6.48 | YPC: 9.44 | Adj YPA: 5.81

Kirk Cousins with DeSean Jackson:

Comp %: 70.4% | Yards: 2,253 | Comp/Attempts: 183/260 | TD: 17 | INT: 3

TD%: 6.5% | INT%: 1.2% | YPA: 8.67 | YPC: 12.31 | Adj YPA: 9.45

[RELATED: NextGen stats shows what happens when DeSean Jackson hits 20 MPH]

Analysis:

In the first seven games with the exception of the high completion percentage, Cousins numbers were average to below average across the board. The yards per attempt or completion were way too low and the TD% was very mediocre. The interception % was lower than it was in 2014, but it was still well below average and would be near the bottom of the league. These looked like the numbers of a lower end game manager QB, which simply wasn’t going to get the Redskins to the post-season especially when the running game was struggling.

In the next eight games it’s a completely different story. The completion percentage remains sky high, but that is now a more impressive number since the Redskins are throwing more downfield and taking shots. That is extremely evident by the YPA number increasing by over 2 yards and the YPC number increasing by almost three yards.

----

MikeApf said:
Here is more out of control Homer analysis showing the DeSean Jackson helped the Redskins passing game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/22588/kirk-cousins-desean-jackson-build-trust-in-passing-game

But those weapons also enhance Cousins game. Jacksons return in particular has helped and the more he plays, the better those two have clicked. In the last four games, Cousins has a 98.5 QBR and 154.0 passer rating when throwing to Jackson.

Were in a good place, Cousins said. It can grow quite a bit. Its going to grow over time. The more reps were able to have together, the more time were able to have together, the better well be. Hes a very talented player.

On passes that have traveled 20 yards or longer in the air, Cousins has completed nine-of-14 throws to Jackson -- and eight-of-37 to everyone else.

----

Of course other players like Reed are critical to the Redskins success...but commentary like this has been out there for a while. No one's making this stuff up. lol
It looks Jackson had 4 games this year with over 50 yards, all being the games he had a TD. Team was 2-2 in those. Not saying he doesn't have the upside of sometimes catching deep balls.

I think your over dramatics of how he caused the Eagles collapse 2 years later was the funny part I was ball busting on. Collapsed all the way to a tie w Skins week 16?

It's all good man.

MikeApf said:

But those weapons also enhance Cousins game. Jacksons return in particular has helped and the more he plays, the better those two have clicked. In the last four games, Cousins has a 98.5 QBR and 154.0 passer rating when throwing to Jackson.

Were in a good place, Cousins said. It can grow quite a bit. Its going to grow over time. The more reps were able to have together, the more time were able to have together, the better well be. Hes a very talented player.

----

It looks Jackson had 4 games this year with over 50 yards, all being the games he had a TD. Team was 2-2 in those. Not saying he doesn't have the upside of sometimes catching deep balls.

I think your over dramatics of how he caused the Eagles collapse 2 years later was the funny part I was ball busting on. Collapsed all the way to a tie w Skins week 16?

It's all good man.
It is all good for me. Skins are on the upswing. Your Eagles on the downswing. So I'm definitely good. :-)

My main point was that he helped the Skins passing game, and if you look at the actual stats I posted, nothing you said has refuted that.

As for the collapse of the Eagles, sure I'm willing to grant there were probably other factors. So I'll accept your point on that. Kelly, before he was fired got rid of a lot of good guys, like McCoy and Maclin...all that contibuted to your demise. Either way, as a skins fan, I'm definitely glad. You guys are no where near as strong as you used to be. Whether it was Djax or Maclin, I don't really care. LOL later on.

More, since you are the statistical mastermind. Let's go:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/redskins/story/1630461-the-desean-difference

I don’t think any Redskins fan would deny that DeSean Jackson is a playmaker who can impact the offense, but this season afforded the opportunity to show statistically how much of an impact Jackson has. Jackson was injured early in the first game of the season, and then preceded to miss the next six games. He then played in the next eight games, while then dressing but not recording a single target in the final game of the season. That gives a pretty fair breakdown of the offense and Kirk Cousins with and without DeSean Jackson. For the moment we will ignore the week 17 game and just focus on the splits between the first 7 weeks without Jackson and the next 8 weeks with Jackson in the line-up.

Numbers from Pro Football Reference Game Logs:

Redskins ppg and yardage numbers without DeSean Jackson:

PPG: 21.14 | Yardage: 340.29

Redskins ppg and yardage numbers with DeSean Jackson:

PPG: 25.75 | Yardage: 355.25

Kirk Cousins without DeSean Jackson:

Comp %: 68.7% | Yards: 1,737 | Comp/Attempts: 184/268 | TD: 9 | INT: 8

TD%: 3.4 | INT%: 3.0% | YPA: 6.48 | YPC: 9.44 | Adj YPA: 5.81

Kirk Cousins with DeSean Jackson:

Comp %: 70.4% | Yards: 2,253 | Comp/Attempts: 183/260 | TD: 17 | INT: 3

TD%: 6.5% | INT%: 1.2% | YPA: 8.67 | YPC: 12.31 | Adj YPA: 9.45

[RELATED: NextGen stats shows what happens when DeSean Jackson hits 20 MPH]

Analysis:

In the first seven games with the exception of the high completion percentage, Cousins numbers were average to below average across the board. The yards per attempt or completion were way too low and the TD% was very mediocre. The interception % was lower than it was in 2014, but it was still well below average and would be near the bottom of the league. These looked like the numbers of a lower end game manager QB, which simply wasn’t going to get the Redskins to the post-season especially when the running game was struggling.

In the next eight games it’s a completely different story. The completion percentage remains sky high, but that is now a more impressive number since the Redskins are throwing more downfield and taking shots. That is extremely evident by the YPA number increasing by over 2 yards and the YPC number increasing by almost three yards.

----
Go Birds, waiting for your analysis of these stats, showing why they are wrong, then posting a picture of Homer Simpson to prove how reasonable you are!

MikeApf said:

----

It looks Jackson had 4 games this year with over 50 yards, all being the games he had a TD. Team was 2-2 in those. Not saying he doesn't have the upside of sometimes catching deep balls.I think your over dramatics of how he caused the Eagles collapse 2 years later was the funny part I was ball busting on. Collapsed all the way to a tie w Skins week 16?

It's all good man.
It is all good for me. Skins are on the upswing. Your Eagles on the downswing. So I'm definitely good. :-)My main point was that he helped the Skins passing game, and if you look at the actual stats I posted, nothing you said has refuted that.

As for the collapse of the Eagles, sure I'm willing to grant there were probably other factors. So I'll accept your point on that. Kelly, before he was fired got rid of a lot of good guys, like McCoy and Maclin...all that contibuted to your demise. Either way, as a skins fan, I'm definitely glad. You guys are no where near as strong as you used to be. Whether it was Djax or Maclin, I don't really care. LOL later on.
When you only win 4 games the year before it's hard not to be on the upswing. Division was horrible, going into next year Skins could be 1st or last like any other team in the division. Although Jackson stats were down Cousins definitely lit it up and your right late in the season when Jackson was back Cousins was a beast. Looks like they were still 5-4 with Jackson? I was probably too harsh though as significant is reasonable.

As mentioned above your dramatics on DJax causing the Eagles collapse was a little Skinstastic as I believe the offense was 5th in the league last year. This year us when it hit the fan and dropped to middle of the pack.

While I was too harsh on "significant" I think your stats have alot more to do with a guy named Jordan Reed. Dude is a beast. Wasn't he dinged start of the season too?

MikeApf said:

----

It looks Jackson had 4 games this year with over 50 yards, all being the games he had a TD. Team was 2-2 in those. Not saying he doesn't have the upside of sometimes catching deep balls.I think your over dramatics of how he caused the Eagles collapse 2 years later was the funny part I was ball busting on. Collapsed all the way to a tie w Skins week 16?

It's all good man.
It is all good for me. Skins are on the upswing. Your Eagles on the downswing. So I'm definitely good. :-)My main point was that he helped the Skins passing game, and if you look at the actual stats I posted, nothing you said has refuted that.

When you only win 4 games the year before it's hard not to be on the upswing. Division was horrible, going into next year Skins could be 1st or last like any other team in the division.Although Jackson stats were down Cousins definitely lit it up and your right late in the season when Jackson was back Cousins was a beast. Looks like they were still 5-4 with Jackson? I was probably too harsh though as significant is reasonable.

As mentioned above your dramatics on DJax causing the Eagles collapse was a little Skinstastic as I believe the offense was 5th in the league last year. This year us when it hit the fan and dropped to middle of the pack.

While I was too harsh on "significant" I think your stats have alot more to do with a guy named Jordan Reed. Dude is a beast. Wasn't he dinged start of the season too?
Yeah, dude of course we still lost a lot. Remember we've sucked for like 20 years? We're not going to go from 4-12 to 12-4 in one season. But the trajectory is definitely promising in how they are doing it and building the team -- with an actual GM like Scot M and not Vinnie Cerrato.

As for the late season surge, I actually think Reed was even more important that Jackson actually. That said, it doesn't mean Jackson wasn't important. Also Breeland was important. And Cousins, And Crowder. And Baker. And Kerrigan. I think a lot of guys were significant. Saying one was signficant doesn't mean the rest weren't. Jackson was just one piece of the puzzle...but hey sometimes you need a bunch of puzzle pieces...they can all be important.

What's funny is I started out saying it would be cool with me if they let Jackson walk for another speedster, and all of a sudden I'm this blind Redskins homer that has Jackson in the HOF. it's actually kind of funny. You and I probably really agree that the guy has tremendous talent but also makes bonehead plays, but since you like the eagles and I the skins, we're arguing different points. It's funny but true I think if you just look at it objectively.

As for the Eagles down year, yeah, obviously there was a lot more to Philly's fall than losing Jackson. I can dig it. I'm not going to argue otherwise because Kelley clearly pulled a lot of threads, not just Jackson.

OK, man it's been a fun debate. Sorry it got heated, hope you just take it in the spirit of it being a lively debate among rival fans and let it roll off your back til next time. I know I do. I gotta roll though now, but it has been a fun. Later on.

MikeApf said:

----

It's all good man.

When you only win 4 games the year before it's hard not to be on the upswing. Division was horrible, going into next year Skins could be 1st or last like any other team in the division.Although Jackson stats were down Cousins definitely lit it up and your right late in the season when Jackson was back Cousins was a beast. Looks like they were still 5-4 with Jackson? I was probably too harsh though as significant is reasonable.

Yeah, dude of course we still lost a lot. Remember we've sucked for like 20 years? We're not going to go from 4-12 to 12-4 in one season. But the trajectory is definitely promising in how they are doing it and building the team -- with an actual GM like Scot M and not Vinnie Cerrato.As for the late season surge, I actually think Reed was even more important that Jackson actually. That said, it doesn't mean Jackson wasn't important. Also Breeland was important. And Cousins, And Crowder. And Baker. And Kerrigan. I think a lot of guys were significant. Saying one was signficant doesn't mean the rest weren't. Jackson was just one piece of the puzzle...but hey sometimes you need a bunch of puzzle pieces...they can all be important.

What's funny is I started out saying it would be cool with me if they let Jackson walk for another speedster, and all of a sudden I'm this blind Redskins homer that has Jackson in the HOF. it's actually kind of funny. You and I probably really agree that the guy has tremendous talent but also makes bonehead plays, but since you like the eagles and I the skins, we're arguing different points. It's funny but true I think if you just look at it objectively.

As for the Eagles down year, yeah, obviously there was a lot more to Philly's fall than losing Jackson. I can dig it. I'm not going to argue otherwise because Kelley clearly pulled a lot of threads, not just Jackson.

OK, man it's been a fun debate. Sorry it got heated, hope you just take it in the spirit of it being a lively debate among rival fans and let it roll off your back til next time. I know I do. I gotta roll though now, but it has been a fun. Later on.
Yeah man, all in good fun. Will be an interesting situation to watch either way.

MikeApf said:

----

It's all good man.

Yeah, dude of course we still lost a lot. Remember we've sucked for like 20 years? We're not going to go from 4-12 to 12-4 in one season. But the trajectory is definitely promising in how they are doing it and building the team -- with an actual GM like Scot M and not Vinnie Cerrato.As for the late season surge, I actually think Reed was even more important that Jackson actually. That said, it doesn't mean Jackson wasn't important. Also Breeland was important. And Cousins, And Crowder. And Baker. And Kerrigan. I think a lot of guys were significant. Saying one was signficant doesn't mean the rest weren't. Jackson was just one piece of the puzzle...but hey sometimes you need a bunch of puzzle pieces...they can all be important.

Yeah man, all in good fun. Will be an interesting situation to watch either way.
It's strange to me that people think finding another "speedster" is a simple thing to do. There is a reason why Torrey Smith, Wallace and maybe even Desean all got bigger deals than they probably deserve. That's why players like Heyward-Bey, Ginn, Tavon Austin get overdrafted.

He does make boneheaded plays but he also makes the big impact plays that win games. I know its cherrypicking but if you don't count week 1 (because he got hurt on literally the 3rd play) the skins only losing games this year with him active were to Carolina, New England and Dallas.

I live in DC and it's unreal how Skins fans don't appreciate Jackson. 1100/6 last year and 500/4 in 8 games this year. http://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver has him at 18th highest paid WR in league which seems about right. They know hes making less than Garcon next year right? Who has put up 700/3 and 700/6 the past two years?

DeSean Jackson didn't report for the start of Redskins' OTAs.
OTAs are voluntary, and the Redskins don't seem interested in making a mess of this via the media, as the team "expects [Jackson] will eventually be here." Jackson sat out the voluntary portion of the offseason last year as well.

Source: Jeff Darlington on Twitter 
May 25 - 9:55 AM

Quiet in here. How are we liking him this year? I know the hammy tends to flare up but if Cousins explodes like quite a few football geeks think he might you gotta think think this guy serves as a huge upside WR3. 

Wasn't healthy last year and seems like most people consider him old hat. If he comes in healthy he's still one of those guys that can go nuclear 4-5 times a year which makes him a great WR3 IMO.

Quiet in here. How are we liking him this year? I know the hammy tends to flare up but if Cousins explodes like quite a few football geeks think he might you gotta think think this guy serves as a huge upside WR3. 

Wasn't healthy last year and seems like most people consider him old hat. If he comes in healthy he's still one of those guys that can go nuclear 4-5 times a year which makes him a great WR3 IMO.
Amazing value IMO. I have him as a 5th round value. He is going in round 7-9 and the 37th WR. He has averaged 9.4 standard ppg over the last 5 years. He averaged 9.4 last year. That per game average was WR 27 last year. 4 of the last 5 years his average been enough to make him a WR3 at worst. At best, he has been a high end WR2. He plays on a high volume passing offense. DeSean is 29 and all camp signs indicate he is healthy and as fast as ever. 

Jackson is one of those players who will always have high variance in draft position because he's a much better "best-ball" selection than he is a weekly starter.

Jackson is one of those players who will always have high variance in draft position because he's a much better "best-ball" selection than he is a weekly starter.
This is a huge misconception IMO. 

Last year, 50% of the time Jackson gave you < a WR3 performance. That means half of his games weren't start worthy. However, here are the WRs last year with the same or higher % of unstartable games: AJ Green, Jordan Matthews, Doug Baldwin, Michael Floyd, Jarvis Landry, Randall Cobb, Steve Smith, Brandin Cooks, Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree.

The good part of DeSean Jackson is 50% of his games he was a WR1. The only WRs with a better % of WR1 games were Hopkins, Julio, OBJ, Marshall and Watkins. 

So, yes, about half the year he won't be startable. If you refuse to draft WRs that aren't startable more than 50% of the time, you better go zero RB because only 24 WRs were startable in more than half of their games last year. The difference between Jackson and most of the other WRs that fail 50% of the time is that when Jackson hits, he hits as a #1 WR. That is a perfectly fine your 3rd WR and the fact he can be your 4th or 5th WR is  a very winning proposition. 

Last year, 50% of the time Jackson gave you < a WR3 performance. That means half of his games weren't start worthy. However, here are the WRs last year with the same or higher % of unstartable games: AJ Green, Jordan Matthews, Doug Baldwin, Michael Floyd, Jarvis Landry, Randall Cobb, Steve Smith, Brandin Cooks, Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree.

The good part of DeSean Jackson is 50% of his games he was a WR1. The only WRs with a better % of WR1 games were Hopkins, Julio, OBJ, Marshall and Watkins. 

So, yes, about half the year he won't be startable. If you refuse to draft WRs that aren't startable more than 50% of the time, you better go zero WR because only 24 WRs were startable in more than half of their games last year. The difference between Jackson and most of the other WRs that fail 50% of the time is that when Jackson hits, he hits as a #1 WR. That is a perfectly fine your 3rd WR and the fact he can be your 4th or 5th WR is  a very winning proposition. 
Good stat pull, and a strong endorsement of Jackson as being value beyond his adp, based on it.

That said, I think the perception DOES contribute to high variance in his draft slot. 

So, yes, about half the year he won't be startable. If you refuse to draft WRs that aren't startable more than 50% of the time, you better go zero WR because only 24 WRs were startable in more than half of their games last year. The difference between Jackson and most of the other WRs that fail 50% of the time is that when Jackson hits, he hits as a #1 WR. That is a perfectly fine your 3rd WR and the fact he can be your 4th or 5th WR is  a very winning proposition. 
:goodposting:

I think he's devalued because he didn't play the entire season last year, which is wonky reasoning but personally I love me some DJax.

Especially in this offense.

Good stat pull, and a strong endorsement of Jackson as being value beyond his adp, based on it.

That said, I think the perception DOES contribute to high variance in his draft slot. 
I agree that this perception has just stuck on Jackson and people pay too much attention to his down games and not enough to his up games. I will say when Jackson has a bad game, it is more likely to be just 3 or 4 points when a bad game for Jarvis Landry is more like 6 or 7. So his bad games are definitely bad. I can deal with it when he's playing a WR1 half the time. 

To expand a bit on DJax. I looked at12 team league with where you can start 4 WRs and the 3 year averages (minimum of 16 games played)

Jackson has performed <WR4  46% of the time which is 23rd best in fantasy.

Jackson has performed as a WR1 49% of the time. 8th best in the NFL. 

What's everyone's thoughts on DJax?  Easy matchup week 1, I'm really high on him.  I'm thinking he breaks of a long touch down, and a few 30+ receptions.  120 and a TD is my projection.

I'm really high.
You must be with those projections :).  He is really tough to gauge and I would shy away from him unless he proves he is motivated. Definitely talented and in a decent situation so I expect him to do okay unless he starts pouting

Jackson will be my WR3 until Josh Gordon is back...and if Gordon doesn't pan out on the field, fails another test or whatever I think I'm ok with Jackson as my WR3 for the season.

In terms of motivation it is a contract year for Jackson.

I would not be surprised at all, with the obvious health caveat, if this ends up being the best year of his career.  

It says DeSean played 9 games last year, but he really played 8 games as he pulled his hamstring in the 1st quarter of Week 1 last year before recording a single reception on Washington's first or second drive of the entire season.

He returned weeks later and played 8 games (exactly half a season) and recorded 528 yards and 4 TDs.  Extrapolated over 16 weeks that is 1,056 yards and 8 TDs which would have been good enough for WR #17 in non-PPR leagues last season.

Those numbers are VERY in-line with his career numbers, and about the floor of what I expect him to have this season (barring health of course) which would be about 1,050 yards and 6 TDs (which would have been good enough for WR #23 last season in non-PPR).

Either way you are getting a WR2 at a WR4 price this season.  I expect many, many playoff teams to have DJax on their roster.

I can see there are a few folks who wandered in here as well. I have to say upfront that this is by far one of the easiest "free money" grabs in the 8th/9th round of most leagues I saw all season. I am going to gloss over some of his stats but I want to emphasize that he has had little to work with at times at QB. 

2011-M.Vick, this was the year after he tore it up I think, 

2012-Vick/Foles, not a great year to be a WR there. 

2013-Foles/Vick, he still managed to rack up 82/1330/9TDs, only 126 targets.  

2014-RG3, Kirk Cousins, and even Colt McCoy...56/1169/6 only 95 targets

2015-Mostly Cousins but he missed half the year with injuries. 

In the last 3 years 168 receptions and 19 TDs, missed about 3/4 of a season over that span.

He is a shoe in for 60/1,000/6 TD and his yds per catch hover in the 17-20 range with Cousins at the helm. KC has had an entire off season to get better, I think Jackson is in for a potential career year. 

If you have enough talent to be able to sit DeSean Jackson Week 1, you need to be working trade offers because Jackson is going to have a top 20 season this year. Cousins will love him. 

I happily acquired him for Jonathan Stewart in a 12 team ppr dynasty. He was WR20 ppg in 2014, I would expect similar numbers this year... but i wouldn't be surprised to see him put up his 2013 numbers (82-1332-9).

need2know said:
Would you start djax over lockett or maclin?  Get rtn stats
I'm super high on him, but as reference I just traded Maclin for DJax.  I think this will be a career year, but just a gut feeling.

Not practicing today.  Didn't realize he banged up his knee and ankle in the last game.  Anything to see here or just a rest day?

Users who are viewing this thread