What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (1 Viewer)

If he even plays this week we are looking at a gameflow or a few carries because of the quick turnaround.
True, I can see them wanting to get him some limited live action this week before giving him a bigger load next Thursday and moving forward.
And then Thursday comes and they say the extra ten days rest would be great in assuring he is fully recovered and they end up waiting till week 6. What everyone thought was a steal in round 4 or 5 because of the news of how great his recovery was going, is quickly turning into a screw job.

If he even plays this week we are looking at a gameflow or a few carries because of the quick turnaround.
True, I can see them wanting to get him some limited live action this week before giving him a bigger load next Thursday and moving forward.
And then Thursday comes and they say the extra ten days rest would be great in assuring he is fully recovered and they end up waiting till week 6. What everyone thought was a steal in round 4 or 5 because of the news of how great his recovery was going, is quickly turning into a screw job.
Disagree. Barring any setbacks in practice I think he plays no later than week 5.

If you drafted him or acquired him like I did I think you had to be prepared to be without him for the 1st 4 weeks of the season.

Screw job? Top 5 rb going forward (assuming health)? You knew drafting you'd need to plug the hole for the first few weeks - look at how much worse a ton of higher drafted RBs are doing, and how dismal their outlooks are for the ROY - Forsett, Miller, D Murray, Ellington, etc. a week 5 return is the ticket to first place.

Yeah, if you got him in 5th+ rnd, drafted well otherwise (and got a little lucky) --hopefully you're not sitting at 0-3 and can wait this out...

Taking DeAngelo Williams late and starting him with Bell out was the only element of "drafting well otherwise" that this situation required.

Things are right on schedule here. Missing 2 weeks was best case, missing 6 weeks was worst case. Looks like it'll end up being right in between, at 3 or 4 weeks missed.

James Daulton said:
Ditka Butkus said:
General Malaise said:
Her 15 minutes aren't up yet?
Nope , apparently she had a visit with the Pope.......I think the headline should have been... Dope visits Pope
I have difficulty believing this is true. I can't imagine he'd set aside 15 minutes on his short trip for this troll. Unless someone donated a lot of $$ to the church to make it happen.

OR...He plays week 5 at the latest and they say its good to get him in such an important game and then to get those ten days rest as a great way to let him rested and ready to roll going forward.

And if he plays in week 4, mo better.

Etiher way, he ends up being a top 3-4 RB that you pay peanuts for and he essentially missed 1-2 games more than first rounder L. Bell. That's a bargain.

Taking DeAngelo Williams late and starting him with Bell out was the only element of "drafting well otherwise" that this situation required.

Things are right on schedule here. Missing 2 weeks was best case, missing 6 weeks was worst case. Looks like it'll end up being right in between, at 3 or 4 weeks missed.
And/Or picking up Dion Lewis. Or playing Chris Johnson or Alfred Blue last week. Or someone like Karlos Williams this week. Or a number of other things that good FF owners have done to cover themselves.

The luck will be in hoping he stays healthy once he returns. The rewards of a relatively healthy Foster for the 2nd half of the season that are well worth the extra work that all smart Foster owners have done to get through the first 4 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

And/Or picking up Dion Lewis. Or playing Chris Johnson or Alfred Blue last week. Or someone like Karlos Williams this week. Or a number of other things that good FF owners have done to cover themselves.

The luck will be in hoping he stays healthy once he returns. The rewards of a relatively healthy Foster for the 2nd half of the season that are well worth the extra work that all smart Foster owners have done to get through the first 4 weeks.
Exactly, sitting at 2-1 without him - Using Abdullah or Doug Martin (Tough this week) Choosing 1 but I do recieve PR/KR points.

So keeping my head above water without Foster thus far. Hoping he's ready to roll next Thursday.

I'd echo those thoughts as well. Got him in the 7th and have been muddling by with the likes of Anderson, Martin, Ivory. Got K Williams for this week. Luckily WRs and TE have gone off big for me and sitting at 2-1.

If he has to wait another week then so be it. This week would be a nice bonus, but the most important thing is what makes the most sense so that when he IS back, he has the highest chance of staying back for rest of season

Rotoworld

Arian Foster - RB - Texans
Speaking after Friday's practice, Arian Foster (groin, questionable) gave himself "a chance" to play in Week 4 against the Falcons.

Officially, he'll be a game-time decision. "I feel like I’ve got a chance," Foster said. "The more and more you run on it, the more confidence you build." Although Foster was listed as a "limited" participant in practice all week, he described himself as a "full" participant Wednesday through Friday. "I talked to the doctor that cut me open," Foster added. "He said the best rehab is actually getting out there and playing. ... I'm excited, edgy, and juiced."

Source: Houston Chronicle Oct 2 - 2:56 PM http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2015/10/texans-arian-foster-on-outlook-for-sunday-i-feel-like-ive-got-a-chance/

Rotoworld

Arian Foster - RB - Texans

Speaking after Friday's practice, Arian Foster (groin, questionable) gave himself "a chance" to play in Week 4 against the Falcons.

Officially, he'll be a game-time decision. "I feel like Ive got a chance," Foster said. "The more and more you run on it, the more confidence you build." Although Foster was listed as a "limited" participant in practice all week, he described himself as a "full" participant Wednesday through Friday. "I talked to the doctor that cut me open," Foster added. "He said the best rehab is actually getting out there and playing. ... I'm excited, edgy, and juiced."

Source: Houston Chronicle Oct 2 - 2:56 PM http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2015/10/texans-arian-foster-on-outlook-for-sunday-i-feel-like-ive-got-a-chance/
I hope he's juiced.....some 'roids might help him recover faster

I don't see any chance of him going this week.
I'm a bit less confident after reading that. If the actual players thinks he only has 'a chance', he certainly isn't at 100%. With them playing again Thursday night, it's not looking good. After all this time and rehab, I want him saying he feels great.

If he gives himself a shot this week? & they play on thursday... I really think his owners are looking at two more weeks without him... Im trying to buy, will be interesting to see.

No reason for him or the staff to say whether he is playing or not. What for? Why give your opponents an advantage.

Everything they are saying is perfectly "kosher"... No "yes's" and no "no's"

just sit 1 more week. get the extra rest going into week 5
Just play this week and justify all those who drafted him in the 5th!

#chickendance
If he comes back 100% in week 5 he more than justifies a 5th round pick. If he comes back too early and has a setback, then that 5th round pick may have been wasted.
And if he comes back in week FOUR at 100% then he justifies it even better. Mo Foster=mo better!

I don't see any chance of him going this week.
I'm a bit less confident after reading that. If the actual players thinks he only has 'a chance', he certainly isn't at 100%. With them playing again Thursday night, it's not looking good. After all this time and rehab, I want him saying he feels great.
Exactly, and if he doesn't feel like he's quite there, then I'm more than willing to give him the extra 4 days. I drafted him with the expectation that he would miss the first 4-6 games. I don't want him rushing back just because La Confora says he ready.

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain believes the Texans will let Arian Foster (questionable, groin) decide if he can play this week.

Foster is officially a game-time decision, but it sounds like he's dealing with more of a pain-tolenance issue than something that puts him at risk of a setback. The Texans still have to decide if the want to rest Foster ahead of their Thursday night Week 5 game. Foster should have close to a full workload if active, relegating Alfred Blue to backup duties.

Source: John McClain on Twitter Oct 2 - 5:40 PM

Surgical Treatment

Surgical procedure. Surgery to repair the torn tissues in the groin can be done as a traditional, open procedure with one long incision, or as an endoscopic procedure. In an endoscopy, the surgeon makes smaller skin incisions and uses a small camera, called an endoscope, to see inside the abdomen.

The end results of traditional and endoscopic procedures are the same.

Some cases of sports hernia require cutting of a small nerve in the groin (inguinal nerve) during the surgery to relieve the patient's pain. This procedure is called an inquinal neurectomy.

Your doctor will discuss the surgical procedures that best meets your needs.

Surgical rehabilitation. Your doctor will develop a rehabilitation plan to help you regain strength and endurance. Most athletes are able to return to sports 6 to 12 weeks after surgery.

Surgical outcomes. More than 90% of patients who go through nonsurgical treatment and then surgery are able to return to sports activity. In some patients the tissues will tear again during sports and the surgical repair will need to be repeated.

Additional surgery. In some cases of sports hernia, pain in the inner thigh continues after surgery. An additional surgery, called adductor tenotomy, may be recommended to address this pain. In this procedure, the tendon that attaches the inner thigh muscles to the pubis is cut. The tendon will heal at a greater length, releasing tension and giving the patient a greater range of motion.

He would be on schedule if he plays this week

8.7 - drafted in mid-August. If he comes back by 6 and is RB2 worthy, I think I came out smelling like roses.

I don't like the idea of brining him back this week, then trying to play him with 4 days rest. Let him come back on Thursday at home, then he has an extra long recovery period before game 2. Seems like the reasonable bet.

Sit Sunday, knock the rust off Thursday, extra rest days and full go in week 6.
Lot of people keep saying this but nfl teams don't have this luxury. Weird thing for people to keep harping on. The Texans are 1-2, they need to get to winning. The season is a quarter over.

It's not like this is some office worker slob who takes a few extra days to make sure he feels ok after surgery.

Users who are viewing this thread