What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (4 Viewers)

Sit Sunday, knock the rust off Thursday, extra rest days and full go in week 6.
Lot of people keep saying this but nfl teams don't have this luxury. Weird thing for people to keep harping on. The Texans are 1-2, they need to get to winning. The season is a quarter over.

It's not like this is some office worker slob who takes a few extra days to make sure he feels ok after surgery.
I hear you. But a win now doesn't help you in week 5 if Foster reinjures his groin.

A handful of carries this week should probably be the best anyone can hope for. I personally am not starting him. I'll reevaluate next week

I'll eat crow if he's the bell cow back on 10/5 but you people are impatient.

This is from today:

Texans running back Arian Foster (groin, questionable) may have a complementary role and make his season debut in Week 4 against the Falcons, according to a source not authorized to speak publicly, the Houston Chronicle reports.

This is from today:

Texans running back Arian Foster (groin, questionable) may have a complementary role and make his season debut in Week 4 against the Falcons, according to a source not authorized to speak publicly, the Houston Chronicle reports.
I'm likely sitting him even if he is active. I don't think he'll get a full load and I have Dunbar/Gore in PPR in place. I'm playing an opponent I should beat so the worst case of a donut is what I need to avoid. If he was fully practicing then I'd put him in the lineup.

I flipped him for Evans in a redraft nonPPR league.

My RBs wont be very good, but my WR corps will be $$$... Plus, I love Evans...

So... just in case anyone is wondering what you may or may not get for him w the news that he's on the verge of returning

This is from today:

I'm likely sitting him even if he is active. I don't think he'll get a full load and I have Dunbar/Gore in PPR in place. I'm playing an opponent I should beat so the worst case of a donut is what I need to avoid. If he was fully practicing then I'd put him in the lineup.
ill wait until i hear something a tad more reliable

So... just in case anyone is wondering what you may or may not get for him w the news that he's on the verge of returning
Just got an offer of forsett, James jones, Michael Floyd, and Christine Michael for him. As a Randle owner I'm seriously considering it. 0.5 ppr

Last edited by a moderator:

Just got an offer of forsett, James jones, Michael Floyd, and Christine Michael for him. As a Randle owner I'm seriously considering it. 0.5 ppr
4 for 1 ? how does that work?

Same as any other trade?

Same as any other trade?
do you have three guys you're comfortable dropping to make room for the extra players?

I would need to drop 3 bench players

2 if you dont keep Floyd and his 2 catches.

This is from today:

complementary role 25 touches, 150/2
Yup. He only comes back when he's able to handle a full workload. I have no worries if he's starting

Same as any other trade?
do you have three guys you're comfortable dropping to make room for the extra players?
If you are making the trade, I am assuming you want those 4 guys and consider them upgrades over 4 current players. Otherwise, why make the trade?

You overpaid.
Perhaps... But if Arian is held out for 2 more weeks... works out...

Or, much like Sig, I believe the similar (but not quite)...

@SigmundBloom
ICYMI, went on a rant yesterday about Evans having capability to reach Julio/ABrown level this year w Winston. Buy if you can

2 if you dont keep Floyd and his 2 catches.
Good discussion guys -- keep it going.

Uuurgh, bloody London games. Anybody else in the position of having Ivory and Foster and having to choose between the two before the UK kickoff time ? Makes things difficult.

Pitch count seems stupid. You are either good or not. Are we to think of the game is close, they wont ride their horses

I think the snap count is BS. Why not hold him out for another 5 days if you are concerned? If he's active, I am starting him AND using him in GPP lineups.

I'm going with him. Even if they do put him on a pitch count to minimize his soreness for Thursday, I think that if they get near the goal line, they'll feed Arian to throw him a bone.

Good luck, guys. Would've liked to have kept him, but having one of my fave players, who I think is due to explode was what I preferred.

Should be solid right out of the gate, I hope.

im gonna look at this like the coaching staff is looking at it...he`s ok but out of football shape ...lets treat it like a preseason game ...and evaluate ...then THursday night let him do what he can ...so hes out today but in Thurs

im gonna look at this like the coaching staff is looking at it...he`s ok but out of football shape ...lets treat it like a preseason game ...and evaluate ...then THursday night let him do what he can ...so hes out today but in Thurs
Correct. It's not just the groin injury. It's just the overall body soreness he's going to feel from being hit for the first time in 9 months.

Fwiw Texans boards retweeting some of the same things said here. Most expect him to be limited and spelled but depends on frequency. Knowing the personality of the team, they won't play him until he's really ready and handles all non-situational or breather downs. If he goes, start him.

This is a tough one. I want to play him as my other options arent great but I'm worried this is just a test drive with limited touches that wont provide an opportunity for that many points.

This is a tough one. I want to play him as my other options arent great but I'm worried this is just a test drive with limited touches that wont provide an opportunity for that many points.
look at it this way...not including today and Thursday you get him full time in 3 days

I am going to start him with confidence. I am playing the last place team so I can afford the donut if it happens!! :thumbup:

Added him to my starting lineup a few minutes ago, then reversed it. Ingram is back in, Foster on the pine until next time.

For now. I might change my mind again in ten minutes.

Which will you regret more - a) a low score in your lineup or b) him blowing up on your bench? For me it's B by a wide margin. I still haven't gotten over D Mcfadden's 4 TDs on my bench vs. Den a few years ago.

Good luck, guys. Would've liked to have kept him, but having one of my fave players, who I think is due to explode was what I preferred.

It's ok, I always enjoy the threads you are all in on, but they don't always seem to work out well. Maybe it is for the best you moved on from Foster.

It's ok, I always enjoy the threads you are all in on, but they don't always seem to work out well. Maybe it is for the best you moved on from Foster.
on behalf of the rest of us Foster owners ,i agree lol

I got a choice between Foster and Gore (starting Karlos W). My opponent is dinged up and I'm projected to win, so I could play it relatively safe.

Edit: I'm at work, so if anyone hears a sideline reporter talking about his role/how he looks during pregame, please let us know!

I don't understand all these "wait and see...one more week" reasonings.

If you are a big Ben owner, are you going to wait "one more week" when they announce he is back? No. You are going to stick him in because he's a star player and the real life people in this world say he is ready to play.

Foster is a star player in the league too. He's extremely valuable to the Texans. They are not playing him because they have a ff game to win. The have a LOT MORE riding on it than any of us. Play him and stop over thinking.

And if he has a bad day or gets hurt, don't come back in here and say "I knew it" as if your decision factored in to what happened. It's football. Guys get hurt every week and lots of star players have down weeks.

I dont buy the "he's out of football shape" angle, and if he is so in 4 days he'll be in football shape for thursday night??? You cant treat a week 4 game like a preseason game. Texans are going to need all their horses vs ATL. I think Foster is getting 15 touches.

Users who are viewing this thread