What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (2 Viewers)

It has been said all along that he will not play unless he is 100%. After going back and forth I'm going to start him and hope he gets close to a full load.
Multiple credible reports are that he will not get close to a full load. Take that FWIW but I'd put the over/under on his touches at 10-12.
Umm.....I'll take the over so far. Hope that I'm wrong as hell on the above. I'm NOT a credible source.

About as bad of a half as possible for HOU that limited Foster's touches more than his "pitch count". Hopefully they can score a couple times in the 2nd half. Foster looks to be involved in the passing game either way.

About as bad of a half as possible for HOU that limited Foster's touches more than his "pitch count". Hopefully they can score a couple times in the 2nd half. Foster looks to be involved in the passing game either way.
but will they even use him with this game pretty much out of reach?

Have to think so to catch passes, best player on the offense. Could be PPR garbage time gold 2H here.

Have to think so to catch passes, best player on the offense. Could be PPR garbage time gold 2H here.
:no:

Oh well. I'd still make that move to play him in my lineup today 10 out of 10 times. The game script just didn't ply out well for him today. That's ff. On to next week!!

Oh well. I'd still make that move to play him in my lineup today 10 out of 10 times. The game script just didn't ply out well for him today. That's ff. On to next week!!
Yep. Today actually has me encouraged for thursday although he did diddly for me this week.

Hoyer looked like Tom brady and mallet looked like hoyer.....

Foster wasn't very impressive but Mallet seriously hampered the entire offense.

Curious to see the snap count for Foster in this game. It was out of hand quick, but was surprised how much he was in there before it got bad -- Probably bodes well heading into Thursday's game that he played a fair # of snaps. But yes, Mallet was throwing at feet all day and didn't seem to look Foster's way much as a check down. They need to fix that.

Hoyer looked like Marino when they put him in finally
I didn't see the game, but I would imagine the Falcons were playing a soft prevent by the time Hoyer came in. True? False?
it was 40-0 at the start of the 4th when hoyer came in to face the 3rd string with specials teamers in vanilla packages, it couldnt have been any softer. the emergency backup RB for ATL got 20 touches if that tells you anything.

I didn't see the game, but I would imagine the Falcons were playing a soft prevent by the time Hoyer came in. True? False?
it was 40-0 at the start of the 4th when hoyer came in to face the 3rd string with specials teamers in vanilla packages, it couldnt have been any softer. the emergency backup RB for ATL got 20 touches if that tells you anything.
When you look up "garbage time stats" in the dictionary it references Hoyer's stat line from yesterday.

When you look up "garbage time stats" in the dictionary it references Hoyer's stat line from yesterday.
With Mallet's from Week one scratched out above it.

The Texans are in BIG BIG trouble. It is almost amazing to me that I'm thinking today that Matt Schaub was helping this team more than what either of these two can generate.

I like Foster and the O-line is good enough but man, Hoyer or Mallett need to become just an average quarterback soon. Those guys stink.

Foster has been the workhorse on bad teams and done great. There are very few 20+ carry 3 down backs these days. He'll be gold once he gets into shape.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone know if he practiced in full yesterday? any lingering issues from this weekend? I haven't heard anything but I know it's a short week this week...

wormburner said:
anyone know if he practiced in full yesterday? any lingering issues from this weekend? I haven't heard anything but I know it's a short week this week...
From RotoWorld~

Arian Foster (groin) was limited in Monday's practice.
Foster made his season debut Sunday and will be fine for Thursday night's Week 5 game against the Colts. His reps should only increase the farther out he gets from groin surgery. Foster managed 35 yards on 11 touches Sunday. Oct 5 - 7:12 PM
thx Worm.

Arian Foster (groin) remained "limited" on Tuesday.
The Texans are simply managing Foster's reps after he made his 2015 debut in Sunday's blowout loss. Even on a short week, Foster is a top-eight option for Week 5 against the Colts

How do you rank Foster this week, some sites call him top 10+ RB1, some say flex play. Is their more rust to be knocked off or is he full speed

Users who are viewing this thread