What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trent Richardson Thread (3 Viewers)

Is it just me or did the Colts start off looking like the Chiefs a few years back? Run on 1st and 2nd down...get to 3rd and long, then throw an incomplete pass...punt. Part of the problem seems to be the play calling to me. It also looked like Luck was locking on to certain receivers. Seems like as soon as the ball was snapped he was looking right. Seems easy to defend...especially when you are down by 4 scores. Obviously their offense moves better when they are in all out pass mode throwing screens to Bradshaw or passes to TEs in busted coverages.

I think they need to hand the play calling reigns over to Chud.

the colts playcalling is terrible. you get to the 2 yard line and then take out the 1 power back you have?

you guys hate all you want, but trent ran hard last night on what limited carries he got. he is being misused. he isn't the kind of back that can go off with 6-10 carries a game. he doesn't have that kind of explosiveness. he needs to wear people down and in the 3rd and 4th quarter those longer runs would be there. and Luck makes some horrible throws BTW. quit putting in fleener also, he stinks. allen is such a better TE.

I agree with the above. Now, things go out the window with the Colts trailing early, often, and by a wide margin.

With that said, TR looked decent in his limited action. Bradshaw was nothing special (not that TR was anything special either)...he got a few wide open screens where all DBs were 15 yards down field.

The playcalling was brutal. TR should have gotten the looks on the goal-line. If he does, maybe he gets a TD or 2, 10-15 points, whatever.

I don't need dominance, but 10 points a week would be just fine for me.

I agree with the above. Now, things go out the window with the Colts trailing early, often, and by a wide margin.

With that said, TR looked decent in his limited action. Bradshaw was nothing special (not that TR was anything special either)...he got a few wide open screens where all DBs were 15 yards down field.

The playcalling was brutal. TR should have gotten the looks on the goal-line. If he does, maybe he gets a TD or 2, 10-15 points, whatever.

I think you might actually be on to something there ---- like a fantasy fantasy league.

instead of scoring points based on what they do on the field, award points based on whatever you imagine.

a stud like richardson should be getting 2 td/game, so that's what he scores every week in this league.

I'm gonna make this a thing --- hope you didn't plan to patent it.

I think T-Rich was running hard too. With a QB like Luck and weapons on the outside in Hilton, Wayne, Nicks, Allen, Fleener, there is no reason why Richardson shouldn't have room to run if his line can be mediocre. The simple fact that he is taken out when he is running hard and wearing down the defense tells me that the play calling is lacking.

Bradshaw has a role too since he can be effective as well. But T-Rich can wear down a defense and should thrive when they spread out the defense and run a fast paced offense.

You guys are a riot. They were down 24-0 in the 1st half against the Denver offense, and you think it was a mistake to take him and his 3.3 ypc out of the game? Lol @ he was "wearing down the defense".

Let's face it- the running game is not good in Indy and Luck is. It makes perfect sense to have him air it out a ton more than they run, and Bradshaw is the better player in those situations.

You guys are a riot. They were down 24-0 in the 1st half against the Denver offense, and you think it was a mistake to take him and his 3.3 ypc out of the game? Lol @ he was "wearing down the defense".

Let's face it- the running game is not good in Indy and Luck is. It makes perfect sense to have him air it out a ton more than they run, and Bradshaw is the better player in those situations.
It really is hilarious. I can't believe how bad the Indy run game looked. Not just Richardson, the all around unit. That oline is just not good. Luck had to navigate the pocket all night long to survive. If this team gets a better oline they can be scary good. Until then they will be just as good as Luck allows them to be. That is probably a borderline playoff team but not good enough to get deep into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think T-Rich was running hard too. With a QB like Luck and weapons on the outside in Hilton, Wayne, Nicks, Allen, Fleener, there is no reason why Richardson shouldn't have room to run if his line can be mediocre. The simple fact that he is taken out when he is running hard and wearing down the defense tells me that the play calling is lacking.

Bradshaw has a role too since he can be effective as well. But T-Rich can wear down a defense and should thrive when they spread out the defense and run a fast paced offense.
dude, I was posting this as a joke.

What is bradshaw worth? I have him as a rb5 and want to flip him for something. I just sent a trade to the trich owner. Bradshaw for andre johnson. Doubtful sure, but you should see his rbs. He had trich and ellington starting this week

What else do people need to see to come to the correct conclusion that trent sucks? Lots of data to look at

I think you might actually be on to something there ---- like a fantasy fantasy league.

instead of scoring points based on what they do on the field, award points based on whatever you imagine.

a stud like richardson should be getting 2 td/game, so that's what he scores every week in this league.

I have no idea how you came up with this response.

Last night, they had multiple attempts inside the 5 yard line. Luck does a half-### QB sneak and doesn't get in. TR had 5 points last nite...I'd say he has a significantly better shot at getting the TD there than Luck. If he gets that, he's 10+ for the night. I didn't say he should get 2 TDs every game, I don't know what that #### is about.

You can't even say he looked bad...he had 6 carries for 20 yards and 3 catches for 31 yards.

I said he should've been more utilized but it's tough when you go down early, often, and by a wide margin.

You're off the mark on this one.

What is bradshaw worth? I have him as a rb5 and want to flip him for something. I just sent a trade to the trich owner. Bradshaw for andre johnson. Doubtful sure, but you should see his rbs. He had trich and ellington starting this week

What else do people need to see to come to the correct conclusion that trent sucks? Lots of data to look at
I think they might need unsafe doses of lithium

Last night, they had multiple attempts inside the 5 yard line. Luck does a half-### QB sneak and doesn't get in. TR had 5 points last nite...I'd say he has a significantly better shot at getting the TD there than Luck. If he gets that, he's 10+ for the night. I didn't say he should get 2 TDs every game, I don't know what that #### is about.

You can't even say he looked bad...he had 6 carries for 20 yards and 3 catches for 31 yards.

I said he should've been more utilized but it's tough when you go down early, often, and by a wide margin.

HOW MANY ATTEMPTS DID THEY HAVE INSIDE THE 5 LAST YEAR WHEN RICHARDSON SCORED THREE ####### TOUCHDOWNS ALL YEAR??!

HOW MANY ATTEMPTS DID THEY HAVE INSIDE THE 5 LAST YEAR WHEN RICHARDSON SCORED THREE ####### TOUCHDOWNS ALL YEAR??!
Dude, he didn't know the playbook yet. How's he supposed to know how to run 25 feet forward?

I'm done with TRich... the Colts are apparently done with having a run game. I was foolish to think he'd have at least an RB3/Flex worthy rebound.

Last year does not equal this year.

If it did, no one would want or defend TR

There is no defending this kid anymore. I own him in one dynasty league....and it is as plain as day.

He is a first round bust.

If he had been drafted in the 3rd round....it would not matter. But this kid was taken very high in the first round and has the looks of a wash out.

We are talking about Trent Richardson treading water in Blair Thomas territory now. I would love for him to be a productive RB 3 for me....if I could just get 10-12 points outta him a week I would be happy. They would not even give him the ball on the goaline!!!

Move on.

Dude, he didn't know the playbook yet. How's he supposed to know how to run 25 feet forward?

I'm done with TRich... the Colts are apparently done with having a run game. I was foolish to think he'd have at least an RB3/Flex worthy rebound.
Bradshaw looked good. :shrug:

As a Bama fan...I'm embarrassed to watch Trent. Not just because he's bad..because every school has some players come to the NFL and bust. The problem is that I don't even recognize the guy running the ball. I realize that the SEC isn't the NFL, but I went back and looked at highlight videos just to remind myself of what he looked like. Not even the same guy!

He used to catch the ball cleanly. He has bricks for hands now. His legs moved fast in college. Much of the problem now it that it seems like he has bricks in his feet. Zero quickness. He has no ability to shift.

Great vision in college. In the NFL, he runs into people.

I swear if it came out that Trent had a twin brother and that HE is the one running the ball the last two years, I wouldn't be surprised. That's the amazing thing. I simply don't recognize him anymore. He's a guy that had it all at Bama, and now he flat out stinks.

In all seriousness, I'd love to have a tape of all his Bama runs and all his NFL runs and do some research. Maybe his acceleration stunk at Bama but we couldn't see it because he didn't get touched for 2-3 yards and by the time he got a head of steam going, his quickness was fine. I'll need to do more tape watching....but I simply don't care enough.

All I know is that my favorite Bama RB of all time either got fat, stopped caring, has a twin brother who is standing in for him, or has been on drugs for 3 years. It's painful to watch. In fact, I think I'm done watching Trent anymore. It's simply hard for me to believe that the Trent I know is actually the guy that is out there flailing for Indy. Unbelievable.

All I know is that my favorite Bama RB of all time either got fat, stopped caring, has a twin brother who is standing in for him, or has been on drugs for 3 years. It's painful to watch. In fact, I think I'm done watching Trent anymore. It's simply hard for me to believe that the Trent I know is actually the guy that is out there flailing for Indy. Unbelievable.
The hardest thing to determine when a player comes into the NFL is how much they love football. Trent says all the right things but I'm not sure he really loves what he's doing. I have a difficult time believing that lack of talent is the reason he's failing in the NFL.

The hardest thing to determine when a player comes into the NFL is how much they love football. Trent says all the right things but I'm not sure he really loves what he's doing. I have a difficult time believing that lack of talent is the reason he's failing in the NFL.
Didn't he have a bunch of kids before leaving college? Maybe he got his payday is is uninterested.

As a Bama fan...I'm embarrassed to watch Trent. Not just because he's bad..because every school has some players come to the NFL and bust. The problem is that I don't even recognize the guy running the ball. I realize that the SEC isn't the NFL, but I went back and looked at highlight videos just to remind myself of what he looked like. Not even the same guy!

He used to catch the ball cleanly. He has bricks for hands now. His legs moved fast in college. Much of the problem now it that it seems like he has bricks in his feet. Zero quickness. He has no ability to shift.

Great vision in college. In the NFL, he runs into people.

I swear if it came out that Trent had a twin brother and that HE is the one running the ball the last two years, I wouldn't be surprised. That's the amazing thing. I simply don't recognize him anymore. He's a guy that had it all at Bama, and now he flat out stinks.

In all seriousness, I'd love to have a tape of all his Bama runs and all his NFL runs and do some research. Maybe his acceleration stunk at Bama but we couldn't see it because he didn't get touched for 2-3 yards and by the time he got a head of steam going, his quickness was fine. I'll need to do more tape watching....but I simply don't care enough.

I'm just pulling all this out of my ###, and I never watched a snap of him in college, but if I had to make a completely random intuitive guess, it'd be that he just doesn't have it mentally --- he's maybe not a quick thinker, and possibly not very competitive.

most of the guys you see succeed in the nfl work their asses off because of a competitive drive to win, and they're usually fairly smart about their particular job.

apparently, richardson was basically trained during his college career that there were these giant holes he could just run through, and when he gets through them there's some puny little dude on the other side who'll never make the nfl that he can just run over, run past, or run around.

he could get by on just size and athleticism, with little need for decision making.

he gets none of this in the nfl, he can't outrun defenders, and there aren't many guys he can just run over.

he's probably slow to process what he needs to do at the snap, he probably has trouble identifying the lane because he was never trained to do it, he probably has trouble navigating te traffic he didn't see in college, and he has trouble simply operating at the speed of the nfl game.

that's why these 40 times are so pointless -- how do you measure a guy's decision making speed?

basically, he sux

Many in here just point at the stats, say he sucks, and join the circlejerk... sad that there's so many threads like this in the Pool currently.

Trying not to add to that, here's what I thought/think...

I thought Richardson looked fine last night. The game plan just went out the window as soon as they got so far behind. He had 20 yards total rushing with 20 yards after contact and 31 yards total receiving with 34 yards after contact. More yards after contact than actual yards gained for the mathematically challenged among us. I'm not ready to put a fork in him until we see the RB's get more than 9 carries the entire game. Bradshaw getting the majority of the passing down work was frustrating, but it's clear he's got more experience in the pass blocking department... with the O-Line still a glaring weakness for the Colts, he's probably going to keep that role while he's healthy. Both the run and pass blocking was terrible last night. Luck had very little time to get rid of the ball on most plays and somehow still staged that late comeback push. If the line can somehow get some cohesiveness going, and stay healthy, it would help out TRich and the entire Colts offense out immensely. I'm not holding my breath though.

Many in here just point at the stats, say he sucks, and join the circlejerk... sad that there's so many threads like this in the Pool currently.

I thought Richardson looked fine last night. The game plan just went out the window as soon as they got so far behind. He had 20 yards total rushing with 20 yards after contact and 31 yards total receiving with 34 yards after contact. More yards after contact than actual yards gained for the mathematically challenged among us. I'm not ready to put a fork in him until we see the RB's get more than 9 carries the entire game. Bradshaw getting the majority of the passing down work was frustrating, but it's clear he's got more experience in the pass blocking department... with the O-Line still a glaring weakness for the Colts, he's probably going to keep that role while he's healthy. Both the run and pass blocking was terrible last night. Luck had very little time to get rid of the ball on most plays and somehow still staged that late comeback push. If the line can somehow get some cohesiveness going, and stay healthy, it would help out TRich and the entire Colts offense out immensely. I'm not holding my breath though.
I feel the same way. The colts gamescript got thrown out the window last night.

Wasn't this guys a bonnified stud his rookie year?

Assuming health Bradshaw is the better player. It's only a matter of time before he has the bigger role of the two...Actually, he had a bigger role in week 1

Did you watch the colts last season? Their run game sucks and they go pass happy every game.

No, he wasn't. He was a good FF RB based on volume. In NFL terms, he was below average.

Did you watch the colts last season? Their run game sucks and they go pass happy every game.
Someone certainly didn't watch the Colts last season. Richardson is the only thing in this equation that sucks. The Colts run game finished 20th in yards, 15th in YPC, and 10th in rushing TDs last year. Taking the utterly inept Richardson out of the equation, the team ran 252 times for 1285 yards and 12 TDs. If they had given Richardson's 157 carries to Ballard, Brown, or Bradshaw, they likely would have been in the top 10 overall in rushing.

Someone certainly didn't watch the Colts last season. Richardson is the only thing in this equation that sucks. The Colts run game finished 20th in yards, 15th in YPC, and 10th in rushing TDs last year. Taking the utterly inept Richardson out of the equation, the team ran 252 times for 1285 yards and 12 TDs. If they had given Richardson's 157 carries to Ballard, Brown, or Bradshaw, they likely would have been in the top 10 overall in rushing.
I like how you accuse someone of not watching the games, then post stats that show...how you didn't watch the games. They couldn't give those 157 carries to Ballard or Bradshaw because, y'know, they were injured. If they gave those goal-line/short yardage carries to Brown, his YPC would've come down. Luck had the best YPC of anyone with at least 10 carries - 6.0 YPC. Maybe they should've given him Trent's 157 carries?

I'm sorry, but if anyone thinks the Colts' O-line was anything more than awful last season, it's pretty much a dead give-away to those of us that actually watch the games that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Bradshaw looked good in the 2nd half. He is more experienced at it for sure, but TRich isn't bad at pass protection by any means.

I wonder if TRich doesn't have the conditioning/comprehension/urgency to play in the up-tempo offense? In re-draft, the guy to own in the backfield is the guy that plays when they go hurry-up. Right now, that guy looks to be Bradshaw.

excellent observation here

I like how you accuse someone of not watching the games, then post stats that show...how you didn't watch the games. They couldn't give those 157 carries to Ballard or Bradshaw because, y'know, they were injured. If they gave those goal-line/short yardage carries to Brown, his YPC would've come down. Luck had the best YPC of anyone with at least 10 carries - 6.0 YPC. Maybe they should've given him Trent's 157 carries?

I'm sorry, but if anyone thinks the Colts' O-line was anything more than awful last season, it's pretty much a dead give-away to those of us that actually watch the games that you have no clue what you are talking about.
might be a good idea

might be a good idea
:thumbup:

Right, because what better idea could there be than having one of a half dozen or so legitimate, young franchise QB's in the world running the ball hundreds of times?

might be a good idea
:thumbup:

Right, because what better idea could there be than having one of a half dozen or so legitimate, young franchise QB's in the world running the ball hundreds of times?
Yeah, Luck could be Tebow 2.0...except, you know, an actual dual threat.

:lmao: Maybe your blinders will come off in a year or two when he's a backup in the arena league. Then again, maybe that will be everyone else's fault too.

:lmao: Maybe your blinders will come off in a year or two when he's a backup in the arena league. Then again, maybe that will be everyone else's fault too.
Not sure what blinders you are referring to. Just because I'm critical of the O-line and play calling (and sometimes Luck) doesn't mean I give Richardson a pass.

Ultimately, I want to see the Colts do well, regardless of who the RB is.

Users who are viewing this thread