What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Taylor To Browns? Why Not? (1 Viewer)

NE_REVIVAL

Footballguy
Why wouldn't the Browns go hard after Taylor? Don't they have the cap, the win now investment in Watson, the crushing injury to one of the leagues best RBs on a playoff worthy team; how many other teams fit the bill? Taylor wants out of Indy and Indy has to see that Taylor is worth less and less and less everyday. Browns give Indy a conditional 1st based on playing time and a decent bag for Taylor. Win, win, win. Why not?

Funny that you asked, yes I do have Taylor on a couple of Dynasty teams and would really love to see him on the field.

Last edited:
I think the problem would be they are on the books to pay Chubb 12 million next year. Way to much money for the RB position . Sure, it would only be 4 million dead cap of they cut him. That would look horrible. For one year I like it. Would Taylor be happy with a trade to play out the year on his current deal then move on as a free agent?

are we sure that Taylor is anything special at the position? just sayin, he had one great year, and one not so great year where his ypc avg was one full yard below the first season.
that's significant nad probably part of the reason the colts don't want to pony up for the guy. a Wisco RB used to massive o-lines, ran behind the best line in NFL 2 years ago, then there were a few injuries and disarray to the o-line last season and he looked like he was running in mud. now he's got an ankle, or heel, or toe or whatever. he has much more flash in the pan spray painted on him than future stud franchise RB. caveat emptor. and I think that's why the nfl hasn't beaten a path to the colts door to get JT.
tables flipped, they'd beat the door down to get nick chubb, a future HOF'er. every day that goes by the more you look at JT as a JAG.

It would be a bad more long term for Cleveland.I don’t think they are in a position to give away more draft picks.

are we sure that Taylor is anything special at the position? just sayin, he had one great year, and one not so great year where his ypc avg was one full yard below the first season.
that's significant nad probably part of the reason the colts don't want to pony up for the guy. a Wisco RB used to massive o-lines, ran behind the best line in NFL 2 years ago, then there were a few injuries and disarray to the o-line last season and he looked like he was running in mud. now he's got an ankle, or heel, or toe or whatever. he has much more flash in the pan spray painted on him than future stud franchise RB. caveat emptor. and I think that's why the nfl hasn't beaten a path to the colts door to get JT.
tables flipped, they'd beat the door down to get nick chubb, a future HOF'er. every day that goes by the more you look at JT as a JAG.
Once you drive it off the lot, the "depreciation" kicks in and at the RB position, it's usually a pretty steep decline. Then you get a few stone chips and your passenger door gets a kiss from a shopping cart and suddenly your car isn't "new" anymore. JT probably wasn't JAG but all things considered, it really is betting against the house to think he's going to be close to that guy again.

Users who are viewing this thread