What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone own a 4K Television (1 Viewer)

Someone in a local Facebook Marketplace is offering a Panasonic S60 with a Sony soundbar for $225. It seems like its around 7 years old or so but from a size perspective, it's a big upgrade from what I have.  :whistle: . They say it's a 65 inch but wouldn't the "60" in S60 mean it's a 60"?

Panasonic tc-p65s60

Good deal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Took advantage of Prime Days and Best Buy matched the 100 off 55" Samsung Q80T. Colors are phenomenal. 

Someone in a local Facebook Marketplace is offering a Panasonic S60 with a Sony soundbar for $225. It seems like its around 7 years old or so but from a size perspective, it's a big upgrade from what I have.  :whistle: . They say it's a 65 inch but wouldn't the "60" in S60 mean it's a 60"?

Panasonic tc-p65s60

Good deal?
The p65 part of the model number is the size.  

Panasonic tc-p65s60

Good deal?
I have a 60"ST60. I would check for image retention or burn in before buying it. Seems like a good price though. 

Senor Schmutzig said:
Yeah, I added that later after the person gave me the complete model number. Originally it was just a Panasonic S60.
The 60 is the margin % that was originally baked into the Best Buy retail price.

You know, finding a TV stand for a 75" that doesn't break the bank is not simple.
Yep. I wound up at this little furniture store that nobody goes to. They had ones that were like $500. I found one in the close out room in the back for like $120. I jumped all over it. 

You know, finding a TV stand for a 75" that doesn't break the bank is not simple.
I had to improvise. Found a really nice one at Costco (they don't have them all the time but are a very nice price) and it would have sat on it just fine. My issue is that I can't use it's feet because of my center channel speaker, so I wound up buying this portable mount from Amazon. Putting that behind the console and wala....

I had to improvise. Found a really nice one at Costco (they don't have them all the time but are a very nice price) and it would have sat on it just fine. My issue is that I can't use it's feet because of my center channel speaker, so I wound up buying this portable mount from Amazon. Putting that behind the console and wala....
Yeah, I'd thought about using a similar stand but my wife gave it the crinkley nose.

Was very disappointed.  About a month ago, we rearranged our family room to mount the tv over the fireplace.  I could not drill down far enough due to the brick.  I do not want to play around with it because we are renting the house.  So the mounting, and new tv is on hold.  I am trying to find a new stand for the tv that can fit on the mantle.

But... still looking at those TCL 6 series.

Was very disappointed.  About a month ago, we rearranged our family room to mount the tv over the fireplace.  I could not drill down far enough due to the brick.  I do not want to play around with it because we are renting the house.  So the mounting, and new tv is on hold.  I am trying to find a new stand for the tv that can fit on the mantle.

I'd recommend also checking out the HiSense H9G. Very similar to the TCL 6. 

I just got a 65", and the picture is amazing.

Anyone ever purchase a Samsung Q80T? I am going to be finishing the basement over the next month or 2 and am looking for opinions on TVs

The room will be pretty dark w/ minimal sunlight hitting the screen (not sure if that's a big deal anymore), TV will be used mostly for watching sports, movies and video games. The last TV I bought was a Vizio 47" in in 2010, pretty sure whatever TV I get is going to blow my mind. Looking for a 55-65" probably, and budget is between $1000-1800ish.

TVs I have my eye on so far are the Samsung Q80T & Sony X950H.

TIA

Anyone ever purchase a Samsung Q80T? I am going to be finishing the basement over the next month or 2 and am looking for opinions on TVs

The room will be pretty dark w/ minimal sunlight hitting the screen (not sure if that's a big deal anymore), TV will be used mostly for watching sports, movies and video games. The last TV I bought was a Vizio 47" in in 2010, pretty sure whatever TV I get is going to blow my mind. Looking for a 55-65" probably, and budget is between $1000-1800ish.

TIA
Rtings comparison.

I would but there's no wall there. The previous owner built out a recess to put a TV set in.
The wall mounts pull out almost 2 ft., swivel, etc.   Mount it in the recessed area and just pull it forward.

You can still put a console below it for components, etc. and it doesn't need to be wider than the TV since the mounted TV will just float over it.

i absolutely hate tvs over the fire place
I was all for it until I bought this house and placed a TV up there. Just put it up on the mantle with the legs on it. I sat on the couch and my neck was cranked back to see it. I left it there for a few days and then put it to the left of the fire place. 

I was all for it until I bought this house and placed a TV up there. Just put it up on the mantle with the legs on it. I sat on the couch and my neck was cranked back to see it. I left it there for a few days and then put it to the left of the fire place. 
My favorite thing ever... Mantel Mount

So awesome, 3 years in.

Can you leave the wheels off that thing?
Yep, I don't have the wheels on mine. Really the only option for me based on where it's at in the room. Too far out to use a wall mount and because of the center channel can't use the feet.

ETA you're able to raise or lower the mount in ~6" increments IIRC. It was a bit of a pain to get the correct height but overall I think it works.

How hot does the fireplace get? Electronics and heat....... 

TIA
I have been looking at that tv but have been reading about it on rting site.  Interestingly the 90T and 80T are the exact same price 75 inch right now on Best Buy.  I just pulled the trigger on the 90T.

Took advantage of Prime Days and Best Buy matched the 100 off 55" Samsung Q80T. Colors are phenomenal. 

TIA
Do it. I stream my TV and with the refresh rate sports don't have that jumpy streamed look. Very satisfied with my purchase.

Do it. I stream my TV and with the refresh rate sports don't have that jumpy streamed look. Very satisfied with my purchase.
I convinced the Mrs. and got the green light for the 65" Samsung Q80T - was thinking about waiting for Black Friday/Cyber Monday to pull the trigger on the order (basement probably wont be finished until beginning of December.

I have Comcast/Xfinity, will I have issues w/ the refresh rate on live sports (I hope not!)

As an aside, I'm soliciting for suggestions on Soundbars - looking for best bang-for-your-buck (and something that kids/wife will be able to use easily).

I've had a bad experience with Vizio soundbars before (with bluetooth subwoofer cutting in/out) - so any suggestions on which way to go would be great!

I was looking at the Samsung HW-T60 on Sams Club, but if anyone has any suggestions that'd be great! Hoping to stay <$300

I convinced the Mrs. and got the green light for the 65" Samsung Q80T - was thinking about waiting for Black Friday/Cyber Monday to pull the trigger on the order (basement probably wont be finished until beginning of December.

I have Comcast/Xfinity, will I have issues w/ the refresh rate on live sports (I hope not!)
Shouldn't.  I stream Xfinity.

Holy crap. Costco's version of the X900h is on sale for $1570!!!

Now I gotta figure out how to return this one I bought to Best Buy and get my $330 difference!

Edit: Yay! BestBuy has it for almost the same price anyway! $300 back in my pocket.
I'm getting ready to head out to Costco in a few to get the 65" version of the Sony X900h. It's on sale for $969 thru today. I like the X950h but don't want to blow my budget. This will be a huge upgrade for me as it will be replacing a 40"dynex 1080p cheapo. Can't wait. 

Time for a tv upgrade over the next few months. Is my best bet to wait for Black Friday/Holiday deals? I want a high quality TV that I will be happy with for long term but also don’t want to totally break the bank

Yep, I don't have the wheels on mine. Really the only option for me based on where it's at in the room. Too far out to use a wall mount and because of the center channel can't use the feet.

ETA you're able to raise or lower the mount in ~6" increments IIRC. It was a bit of a pain to get the correct height but overall I think it works.
Dumb question. Why didn't you just put the tv on the furniture

Time for a tv upgrade over the next few months. Is my best bet to wait for Black Friday/Holiday deals? I want a high quality TV that I will be happy with for long term but also don’t want to totally break the bank
I'm sure you'll be able to find something reasonable. What are you looking for size wise?

Would like to upgrade my receiver, add two more speakers to go from 5.1 to 7.1 and get a 4K player and hoping to do it all for  $2000. 

Users who are viewing this thread