What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sig/Cecil's dynasty waiver wire special (1 Viewer)

Bracie Smathers

Footballguy
Always a great listen.

Link if you missed it.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/podcast/

Jan 9 2014
2014 Volume#4a - Waiver Wire Special - Dynasty Edition (#2073)
In This Episode: Cecil Lammey and Sigmund Bloom go over the hot waiver wire pickups at the end of the year for dynasty leagues.

====================================

One name that was missed on the scuba wide reciever list is:

WR Charles Johnson from Cleveland

The Browns snagged him off of Green Bay's practice squad and found he had a torn ACL which would have prevented him from making GBs active roster. The Green Bay medical staff missed the injury but it was found by the Browns when they signed him and many in the media foolishy laughed at the Browns for signing an injured player.

Well the Browns only had to keep him on their active roster for a couple of weeks and then they stashed him on IR and were able to sign other players but Charles Johnson had his ACL surgery and everything went fine. He should be healthy and ready to go for next year and the Browns #2 WR spot appears to be wide-open as WR Greg Little has struggled and WR Davone Bess left the team to attend to 'personal issues' but a Twitter picture emerged showing him smoking a 'cigarrate' that looked suspiciously like a joint with a picture of Bob Marley next to him.

In any case Charles Johnson is an interesting name and worthy of a mention on either the scuba or snnorkel lists.

------------------

Give the show a listen and list any other names here in this thread so we can all see and add names.

Serious question here, how does a medical staff miss a torn ACL? Maybe if it's only a slight tear?
Fair question.

From everything I read, Green Bay really had no clue he had a tear. Reports from Green Bay said WR Charles Johnson had injured his knee and nothing more. It sounds like he never sought treatment or I'm sure the Green Bay medical staff would have caught it.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/227524561.html

--- The Green Bay Packers never got a full look at rookie wide receiver Charles Johnson during the summer. A knee injury sidelined the 6-foot-2, 215-pound wideout until the final week. They were able to slip Johnson onto the practice squad in hopes of developing him for the future.

Now, it appears he's gone. The Cleveland Browns announced Saturday that they've signed Johnson to their active roster.

I enjoyed the show as always but I would have liked if it went for 90 mins and they went even deeper and into some more detail with the players.

Some guys I would have thought could have been included:

QB Josh Johnson CIN: I know QB's are losing their value but he is the clear QB2 for the Bengals and with Dalton's inconsistent performances, a path to fantasy relevance isn't too hard to envisage

Some more I would like to hear about

RB's

Brandon Boldin NE

Bryce Brown PHI (probably rostered in all leagues)

Mike Gillislee MIA

Joseph Randle DAL

Jonas Gray NE

Dan Herron IND

Michael Hill TB

Theo Riddick DET

Kory Sheets IND

Travaris Cadet NO

Benny Cunningham STL

Miguel Maysonet PIT

Chad Spann HOU

Kerwynn Williams SD

WRs

Arrelious Benn PHI

Armon Binns MIA

BJ Cunningham PHI

Rishard Matthews MIA

Dwight Jones NYJ

Jermaine Kearse SEA

Jordan Norwood DEN

Chris Owusu TB

Conner Vernon CLE

Laron Byrd ARI

Jacoby Ford OAK

Ricardo Lockette SEA

Kealoha Pilares CAR

Stephen Williams JAX

Mike Brown JAX

Marlon Brown BAL

Aldrick Robinson WAS

TE's

James Casey PHI

Darren Fells ARI

Virgil Green DEN

I don't ask for much do i :)

I enjoyed the show as always but I would have liked if it went for 90 mins and they went even deeper and into some more detail with the players.

Some guys I would have thought could have been included:

QB Josh Johnson CIN: I know QB's are losing their value but he is the clear QB2 for the Bengals and with Dalton's inconsistent performances, a path to fantasy relevance isn't too hard to envisage

Some more I would like to hear about

RB's

Brandon Boldin NE - decent two-way back, backup level talent but can produce if given chance

Bryce Brown PHI (probably rostered in all leagues) - starter talent, but needs to run more efficiently

Mike Gillislee MIA - just a guy

Joseph Randle DAL - just a guy

Jonas Gray NE - interesting power back, give any back on NE roster a chance

Dan Herron IND - tough minded runner, but just a guy

Michael Hill TB - just got arrested, compact tough back, verdict still out

Theo Riddick DET - WR/RB tweener, in a good offense for that role

Kory Sheets IND - speed back, liked him at vandy, CFL success makes him intriguing

Travaris Cadet NO - speedy return guy, lets see if he sticks

Benny Cunningham STL - didn't look back in limited work and obviously STL loves to run

Miguel Maysonet PIT - squatty hardnosed back, backup job wide open in PIT

Chad Spann HOU - waldman favorite, which is enough to make me monitor him

Kerwynn Williams SD - really good receiving back with long speed. interest if woodhead backup

WRs

Arrelious Benn PHI - loved him at ill, man among boys, but cant stay healthy. on my watch list

Armon Binns MIA - a bit sluggish but tough to prevent from making the catch. probably a dud

BJ Cunningham PHI - not a physical marvel but fearless and a strong runner after catch

Rishard Matthews MIA - showed more than enough to roster in most leagues. good size/burst

Dwight Jones NYJ - not a fan. physical specimen but soft player

Jermaine Kearse SEA - speed is there but inconsistent

Jordan Norwood DEN - classic slot receiver, but limited

Chris Owusu TB - speed guy and tough but concussion history and inconsistent hands

Conner Vernon CLE - great ball skills, but a 4th/5th type

Laron Byrd ARI - terrific size/speed/athleticism - on my watch list

Jacoby Ford OAK - looked like a future stud as a rookie and has never been the same after a ton of injuries

Ricardo Lockette SEA - electric straight line speed, but still too raw as a receiver

Kealoha Pilares CAR - squatty slot WR/returner type. think davone bess/welker

Stephen Williams JAX - long and athletic, has flashed a few times. on my watch list

Mike Brown JAX - QB to WR convert made a few plays this year, but likely a 4th/5th WR at best

Marlon Brown BAL - waldman favorite, great athleticism and size, was highly regarded out of HS. worth rostering for sure

Aldrick Robinson WAS - gamebreaking speed, but inconsistent hands. has made lots of big plays, but struggled to get consistent playing time. good speculative add

TE's

James Casey PHI - was a favorite coming out of rice, but small role despite PHI FA $$

Darren Fells ARI - basketball convert on my watch list

Virgil Green DEN - waldman favorite, but looks like broncos have turned him into a blocker first and foremost

I don't ask for much do i :)

Users who are viewing this thread