What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best waiver wire player available in your league (1 Viewer)

He’s actually on the cusp of me dropping him though for a kicker but I do need receiver help, and holding both NO and Balt’s DST seems really stupid.
Carry 1 defense. Baltimore’s isn’t even that good any more. Like 20th against the pass, signing street FAs at CB.

Joshua kelley is one of those guys I feel like is not even being talked about. If Ekeler were to miss any time he would have RB 1 upside.
The issue with Kelley is that he’s not expected to have much stand-alone value if Eke stays healthy.

So he’s a roster clogger as a lottery ticket.

Joshua kelley is one of those guys I feel like is not even being talked about. If Ekeler were to miss any time he would have RB 1 upside.
The issue with Kelley is that he’s not expected to have much stand-alone value if Eke stays healthy.

So he’s a roster clogger as a lottery ticket.

New Chargers OC Kellen Moore said he "saw Josh Kelley start to develop a role" in 2022.​

It's sort of a confusing quote from Moore because he followed that up with "hopefully, we develop two or three guys in there that can take turns," but perhaps he was just talking about Kelley splitting more time with Austin Ekeler. Given how often he mentioned Kelley (three times) and how little he mentioned the other non-Ekeler backs (zero times), it's probably safe to say that Kelley holds the backup duties for the Chargers heading into the offseason. Isaiah Spiller could make a push for the job in the offseason if he shows out.
RELATED:

SOURCE: Chargers.com
Feb 2, 2023, 2:41 PM ET

Yea agreed. I did see this a while ago, and Kelley has looked really good in pre-season. So maybe there is a chance he will be used more this year?? Kind of closer to how Zeke/Pollard were used in Dallas

Last edited:
Yea agreed. I did see this a while ago, and Kelley has looked really good in pre-season. So maybe there is a chance he will be used more this year?? Kind of closer to how Zeke/Pollard were used in Dallas
Déjà vu with chargers backup RB. Happens every year.

I roster Kelley in a redraft league purely as a lottery ticket. I had the space. If you have the space, definitely an option.

Nobody to note.

Projection wise, skill person is Marvin Jones Jr.

I'm shocked Nico Collins is available in a 24x12 league.

I think Raymond will be the #2 targeted WR in Detroit with Jameson out. Raymond is available in most every league. That may not be a huge number because I think LaPorta and Gibbs will be getting targets too. Lots of guys fighting for targets behind Amon-Ra.

I guess you could also call this a "which player(s) does your league hate" thread, compared to adp or consensus rankings. Looking for guys available in free agency on your waiver wire that defy logic.

Here are mine:

Dynasty / 12 team, 24-man rosters:
Nico Collins - He has been up there in the dynasty rankings for a while. Clearly rosterable in a 24x12. My league refuses to bite. Starting to think about grabbing him just on the off chance he does something week 1.

Re-draft / 12 team, 15-man rosters:
Lazard and Jakobi Meyers - Went really light on WR in this re-draft auction. Surprised that both were available. I prioritized Meyers, but could probably use Lazard too.

Who are yours?

10 team

QB: Russell Wilson, Carr
RB: Gainwell, Roschon Johnson
WR: Doubs, Rondale Moore, Mingo, Mooney
TE: Irv Smith, Hurst, Taysom
Doubs is available in my 12 team league as well. I went zero RB so my drafted bench is full of RB flyers and my core set of WRs is really strong, but if he clears the first set of waivers in likely to go get him as a FA.

Only 3 guys with a higher own percentage than 50% in my MFL dynasty league that are homeless:

RB Gus Edwards 58%
WR Curtis Samuel 58%
RB Zack Moss 52%

I've thought about Moss but I already have a piece of that mess with Deon Jackson.

The cupboard is bare in my leagues. Probably Greg Dortsch, Demario Douglas or Austin Hooper on offense. Jonathan Allen or Levonte David on defense.

10 team dynasty league
J. Warren, CJ Stroud, bateman,moore,mims, juwan johnson TE, perine, ceh, roshon johnson donta foreman, zamir white, evan hull, love, to name a few.
some decent players in that list

12 team redraft. Half PPR (start QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, R/W/T flex, K, DST with 6 bench spots and 1 IR spot).

Eagles DST is the most surprising. I would've been all over them, but was able to get Cowboys DST and have Hurts at QB (and I don't like rostering backup QBs or DSTs).

At RB, both Indy guys (Hull and Jackson) are still there. At the very least I'd expect the team who drafted JT to move him to IR and pick one up (waivers open tomorrow). Tank Bigsby and Gainwell are both still there too.

WR has Zay Jones, MVS, Doubs, Mingo, Mims.

TE has a few guys I was considering if I missed out earlier in the draft: Juwan, Dulcich, LaPorta.

10-team Superflex PPR auction league that drafted on Tuesday:

QB: Tannehill, Mac Jones, Mayfield
RB: Mostert (this was before Wilson went on IR), Singletary, Allgeier, Z. White, Z. Moss, Deon Jackson
WR: J. Meyers, Boyd, A. Pierce, Z. Jones, C. Samuel, Valdes-Scantling (literally every KC WR was drafted except him)
TE: Everett, H. Henry
Sean Tucker was also undrafted. Given the rookie bias in this league, he could attract the highest bids after Week 1 if he is at all involved in the offense in TB's first game.

Users who are viewing this thread