What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best waiver wire player available in your league (1 Viewer)

sushinsky4tsar

Footballguy
I guess you could also call this a "which player(s) does your league hate" thread, compared to adp or consensus rankings. Looking for guys available in free agency on your waiver wire that defy logic.

Here are mine:

Dynasty / 12 team, 24-man rosters:
Nico Collins - He has been up there in the dynasty rankings for a while. Clearly rosterable in a 24x12. My league refuses to bite. Starting to think about grabbing him just on the off chance he does something week 1.

Re-draft / 12 team, 15-man rosters:
Lazard and Jakobi Meyers - Went really light on WR in this re-draft auction. Surprised that both were available. I prioritized Meyers, but could probably use Lazard too.

Who are yours?

I'm surprised Evan Hull is still available in one of my leagues after the Taylor news. I like him better than Jackson tbh. I just don't have a player on my bench I feel is worth dropping for him. It'd probably be between Tyjae Spears and Jayden Reed.

I'm surprised Evan Hull is still available in one of my leagues after the Taylor news. I like him better than Jackson tbh. I just don't have a player on my bench I feel is worth dropping for him. It'd probably be between Tyjae Spears and Jayden Reed.
In redraft he’s barely rosterable - it’s likely some sort of RBBC for 4 weeks in an offense that isn’t expected to be prolific, then maybe JT comes back and renders Jackson & Hull as fringe FF players.

Dynasty Hull is a hold.

And still a chance INDY deals JT.

Nico Collins - He has been up there in the dynasty rankings for a while.
I have no idea how this happens. I’ve drafted him in several leagues and not one of my redraft leagues saw him go later than the 9th.

Which will likely look like a bargain as he’s far and away the Texans WR1 according to all reports I’ve seen out of camp.

You should be claiming him immediately in Dynasty.

In redraft he’s barely rosterable - it’s likely some sort of RBBC for 4 weeks in an offense that isn’t expected to be prolific, then maybe JT comes back and renders Jackson & Hull as fringe FF players.

Dynasty Hull is a hold.

And still a chance INDY deals JT.
Yeah I guess thinking deeper on it I liked Hull more as I see him as more of an asset in PPR, meanwhile PPR backs don't fare too well with running QBs, especially rookies.

Zach Evans went undrafted in five rounds (rookie/fa) in that same 24x12. Pretty surprising given the devy background.

Trey Palmer, Puka Nacua, and AT Perry (drafted late and immediately dropped) also went unclaimed. Surprising given that all of these guys have had some buzz.

Some of the RB that don't have clear paths to start right now like Tyjae Spears at RB for the Titans that everyone loves
Ty Chandler from the Vikings, I think he has a chance to get more involved.
Zamir White from the LVR
Indy RBs, all 3 of them in some leagues, Jackson, Moss, Hull

Zach Evans went undrafted in five rounds (rookie/fa) in that same 24x12. Pretty surprising given the devy background.
Not surprised since Kyren has been a buzzy camp player and reportedly has passed Evans. Expected to have a receiving role as well.

This seems to happen every season with the Rams though, so who knows.
Trey Palmer, Puka Nacua, and AT Perry (drafted late and immediately dropped) also went unclaimed. Surprising given that all of these guys have had some buzz.
AT Perry is in a crowded receiving room, but all 3 of those dudes should be rostered in 12+ team leagues.

Some of the RB that don't have clear paths to start right now like Tyjae Spears at RB for the Titans that everyone loves
Ty Chandler from the Vikings, I think he has a chance to get more involved.
I like Ty - I think he's more involved than people think. I've thought he looked better than Mattison, who's looked a bit sluggish.
Zamir White from the LVR
I like him - one Jacobs injury from a big role.
Indy RBs, all 3 of them in some leagues, Jackson, Moss, Hull
TBD on whether JT comes back in 4 weeks. Maybe some short term value except Moss, who should be returning when JT comes back. If JT is dealt, sure. Otherwise roster cloggers. And I say that as a guy who has Hull & Deon in one 16 team league roster where I need RB depth and wish it were otherwise.

Not surprised since Kyren has been a buzzy camp player and reportedly has passed Evans. Expected to have a receiving role as well.

AT Perry is in a crowded receiving room, but all 3 of those dudes should be rostered in 12+ team leagues.

So now you're saying I have to go add 4 WRs with Nico ?:wink:

I have a stacked WR room that includes Godwin as my WR5 and Sutton at WR6. That's my excuse in a lineup league where you can only start 3 WRs with the flex. Generally, I prefer to throw bench spots at backup RBs unless the WR has high end WR2 upside. I'm not sure what the rest of my league's problem is, but those four definitely belong over some of the names that are being rostered.

Regardless of depth, I think it might be time to get Nico and have him battle it out with Alec Pierce for my WR7 (or maybe I will finally stick a fork in Sutton after he gets injured).

Dewayne McBride is on the WW in several of my leagues. He was a draft darling in May.

Went from a 3rd rounder to off my draft board in last week's rookie/fa draft. Reports were that he lacked juice on top of the known question marks in receiving and ball protection. I think he's probably just fine as a waiver wire watch list guy (or even waiver wire -- forget he was ever a thing), depending on league size.

12 teams, 16 player rosters, keep 3 players, start QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/Flex/D/K

A few names I'm watching:

RB -- J Kelley, J Ford, E Hull, S Tucker, Z White
WR -- T Boyd, J Mingo, R Bateman, I Hodgins, T Dell
TE -- G Dulcich, C Kmet, D Knox

This thread reminds that we can't draft/roster every player!

Generally not a huge Bateman or Kmet guy. But those two really stand out to me given that it's not a short bench league. You're kind of waiting for something to happen with the others.

So now you're saying I have to go add 4 WRs with Nico ?:wink:

I have a stacked WR room that includes Godwin as my WR5 and Sutton at WR6. That's my excuse in a lineup league where you can only start 3 WRs with the flex. Generally, I prefer to throw bench spots at backup RBs unless the WR has high end WR2 upside. I'm not sure what the rest of my league's problem is, but those four definitely belong over some of the names that are being rostered.

Regardless of depth, I think it might be time to get Nico and have him battle it out with Alec Pierce for my WR7 (or maybe I will finally stick a fork in Sutton after he gets injured).
Nico >>> Pierce IMO.

I am speaking to Dynasty rosters with guys like Puca, ATP, Palmer but Nico should be rostered in redraft leagues over 10 teams, IMO. He's the WR1 for a HOU team that's likely to be playing from behind a lot.

Dewayne McBride is on the WW in several of my leagues. He was a draft darling in May.

Went from a 3rd rounder to off my draft board in last week's rookie/fa draft. Reports were that he lacked juice on top of the known question marks in receiving and ball protection. I think he's probably just fine as a waiver wire watch list guy (or even waiver wire -- forget he was ever a thing), depending on league size.
He's on their practice squad. Worth having on speed dial if Mattison & Ty get knicked up, but otherwise, roster clogger.

Generally not a huge Bateman or Kmet guy. But those two really stand out to me given that it's not a short bench league. You're kind of waiting for something to happen with the others.
Bateman is going to emerge as their outside WR with Flowers in the slot now that he's healthy. He has speed, size and hands. The only thing he's lacked is anything resembling luck with his health. And it's not like OBJ has been the picture of good health himself, so...

LJax has commented a few times that he's their WR1, and I believe him. I'm shocked he's not rostered in any league over 10 teams. Of everyone on that list, Kmet, Bateman, Boyd should all be rostered, IMO.

Dynasty, 12-team, 20-man
Q R R W W F K D
PPR, 6pts all TD's

Without really investigating who I think are the most valuable, these are the highest on FantasyPros dynasty concensus.

QB: Mac Jones, Will Levis
RB: Cordarrelle Patterson, DeWayne McBride
WR: Rondale Moore, Chase Claypool
TE: Evan Engram, Michael Mayer

Dynasty, 12-team, 20-man
Q R R W W F K D
PPR, 6pts all TD's

Without really investigating who I think are the most valuable, these are the highest on FantasyPros dynasty concensus.

The TEs are the standout to me, especially Engram since he can help someone right now. There are some nice developmental TEs available in my 12 x 24, so not necessarily shocked by Mayer not being rostered in 20-man, but he really should be.

Not surprised by the rest, but Moore and Claypool probably belong on somebody's roster.

Dynasty, 12-team, 20-man
Q R R W W F K D
PPR, 6pts all TD's

The TEs are the standout to me, especially Engram since he can help someone right now. There are some nice developmental TEs available in my 12 x 24, so not necessarily shocked by Mayer not being rostered in 20-man, but he really should be.

Not surprised by the rest, but Moore and Claypool probably belong on somebody's roster.
Same. Only Engram really moved the needle for me as he's a top 12 TE.

Mayer is TBD.

Dynasty, 12-team, 20-man
Q R R W W F K D
PPR, 6pts all TD's

Same. Only Engram really moved the needle for me as he's a top 12 TE.

Mayer is TBD.
Note that it is 0-1 TE.

Two leagues of 14/16 teams of deep deep rosters in dynasty and devy formats, so cutting way to the bone in our waiver wire:
  • Tennessee WRs - Westbrook-Ikhine, Phillips, etc.
  • Returner WRs - Agnew, Raymond
  • Kendrick Bourne
  • Backup or low upside TEs - Uzomah, Smythe, etc.

12 x 18 (+2 IR)
  • QB - Purdy, Stafford (23 rostered)
  • WR - MVS, Reed, Dell, Campbell (79 rostered)
  • RB - Fournette, Hull, Carter, Kelley, Kyren Williams, Edmonds (68 rostered)
  • TE - Dulcich, Everett, Knox, Taysom Hill, Musgrave, Henry, Irv Smith, Hurst (19 rostered)

12 x 18 (+2 IR)
  • QB - Purdy, Stafford (23 rostered)
  • WR - MVS, Reed, Dell, Campbell (79 rostered)
  • RB - Fournette, Hull, Carter, Kelley, Kyren Williams, Edmonds (68 rostered)
  • TE - Dulcich, Everett, Knox, Taysom Hill, Musgrave, Henry, Irv Smith, Hurst (19 rostered)

I'm actually tempted to pickup Musgrave in a 12x15+IR redraft, but will probably think better of it. It's a long shot, but he might give you something out of the gate. I would roster in 12x18 re-draft and definitely in for 12x18 dynasty.

I guess you could also call this a "which player(s) does your league hate" thread, compared to adp or consensus rankings. Looking for guys available in free agency on your waiver wire that defy logic.

Here are mine:

Dynasty / 12 team, 24-man rosters:
Nico Collins - He has been up there in the dynasty rankings for a while. Clearly rosterable in a 24x12. My league refuses to bite. Starting to think about grabbing him just on the off chance he does something week 1.

Re-draft / 12 team, 15-man rosters:
Lazard and Jakobi Meyers - Went really light on WR in this re-draft auction. Surprised that both were available. I prioritized Meyers, but could probably use Lazard too.

Who are yours?

10 team

QB: Russell Wilson, Carr
RB: Gainwell, Roschon Johnson
WR: Doubs, Rondale Moore, Mingo, Mooney
TE: Irv Smith, Hurst, Taysom

He is worth keeping an eye on, no guarantee Taylor players after 4 weeks. Hull was one of the real winners at the combine. Bigger and more athletic than I expected. 210 and an 80th+ percentile athlete across the board with pass catching chops. That is nothing to sneeze at.

I'm shocked Nico Collins is available in a 24x12 league.
In any format
He's available in my 12-man ppr redraft league and I have the #1 priority waiver. Of course to get him I have to drop someone to claim him and don't know who.

Should I just wait and keep #1 or make a move?

Obviously, it depends on league and nobody knows yours better than you. Personally, if I had the #1 I would hold it to at least see what my options are after week 1 action. If he went undrafted, maybe you can scoop him after waivers without burning the priority?

In any format
He's available in my 12-man ppr redraft league and I have the #1 priority waiver. Of course to get him I have to drop someone to claim him and don't know who.

Obviously, it depends on league and nobody knows yours better than you. Personally, if I had the #1 I would hold it to at least see what my options are after week 1 action. If he went undrafted, maybe you can scoop him after waivers without burning the priority?
Yeah your thoughts align with my own. Temptation is there to make a move but I'm going to be patient. Thanks for talking me off the ledge. :football:

In any format

Yeah your thoughts align with my own. Temptation is there to make a move but I'm going to be patient. Thanks for talking me off the ledge. :football:
It all depends on your need at WR.

What’s your WR room look like? If it’s 3-deep, Nico could absolutely be worthy of that claim.

He’s a ~12th round pick. The WR1 for a team that should pass early and often then get behind & throw even more.

I have Collins as a bargain this year. Cooks goes 3-4 rounds earlier & they’ll probably have similar numbers when all’s said & done. Heck, Collins could seriously break out.

From the writers I follow, he’s been the clear A #1 alpha all camp and reportedly “it’s not been close”.

So yeah - it really depends. 1. Who would you have to drop, and 2. How much do you need a WR?

Welcome back to the ledge. ;)

10-team Superflex PPR auction league that drafted on Tuesday:

QB: Tannehill, Mac Jones, Mayfield
RB: Mostert (this was before Wilson went on IR), Singletary, Allgeier, Z. White, Z. Moss, Deon Jackson
WR: J. Meyers, Boyd, A. Pierce, Z. Jones, C. Samuel, Valdes-Scantling (literally every KC WR was drafted except him)
TE: Everett, H. Henry

RB: Mostert (this was before Wilson went on IR), Singletary, Allgeier, Z. White, Z. Moss, Deon Jackson
WR: J. Meyers, Boyd, A. Pierce, Z. Jones, C. Samuel, Valdes-Scantling (literally every KC WR was drafted except him)
Most of those players would be rostered in a 12-team league. There are so many good players left in 10 teamers.

I’m drafting one on Monday. 100+ yard RuRec bonuses, and 300+ passing bonus. I haven’t played in that format in years. Gonna be weird. lol

Bateman is going to emerge as their outside WR with Flowers in the slot now that he's healthy. He has speed, size and hands. The only thing he's lacked is anything resembling luck with his health. And it's not like OBJ has been the picture of good health himself, so...

LJax has commented a few times that he's their WR1, and I believe him. I'm shocked he's not rostered in any league over 10 teams. Of everyone on that list, Kmet, Bateman, Boyd should all be rostered, IMO.
So I drafted Bateman in the 13th in a ten man. I thought I was missing something so I took the entire clock to look up if he was injured or something. I was really wondering why Baltimore’s number 1 receiver (actual WR), in an offense that claims they want to pass more, was about to go undrafted.

He’s actually on the cusp of me dropping him though for a kicker but I do need receiver help, and holding both NO and Balt’s DST seems really stupid.

Most of those players would be rostered in a 12-team league. There are so many good players left in 10 teamers.

I’m drafting one on Monday. 100+ yard RuRec bonuses, and 300+ passing bonus. I haven’t played in that format in years. Gonna be weird. lol
Yes, though ours has a deeper bench than most (11 starters, 9 bench players). Rookies are at a premium because of how our keeper rules are structured, which led to people like Evan Hull and Puka Nacua being drafted and the above non-rookies left out there.

Our first FAAB period isn't until after Week 1, so I suspect Mostert (if he doesn't get hurt) and whoever gets the bulk of the carries for Indy if it's not Hull will be scooped up then.

Joshua kelley is one of those guys I feel like is not even being talked about. If Ekeler were to miss any time he would have RB 1 upside.

12 team 18 position roster - CEH and Jameson Williams are on the wire. Thinking about them over Rashee Rice or Terrence Marshall...

12 team superflex keeper with 15 position roster - ODB and Gus Edwards are on the wire - Joshua Dobbs is the only viable QB available.

Users who are viewing this thread