What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite New England Patriots Thread (3 Viewers)

Sign him to a one year, incentive heavy deal. Let him prove it back to back years, earn a decent contract on the open market, harvest comp pick.

Sign him to a one year, incentive heavy deal. Let him prove it back to back years, earn a decent contract on the open market, harvest comp pick.
why would he sign a deal like that?
Because the Cowboys gave him a 1 year prove it deal, he played exceptionally well before blowing it by failing a drug test and now the Cowboys are intentionally lowballing him.

Go somewhere (NE), do it again.

Because the Cowboys gave him a 1 year prove it deal, he played exceptionally well before blowing it by failing a drug test and now the Cowboys are intentionally lowballing him.

wasn't he starting mlb playing with scrubs in dallas?

how is he going to do that again?

wasn't he starting mlb playing with scrubs in dallas?

how is he going to do that again?
Well thats the twist, he'll be playing with better players making him look even better. Totally worth it for him.

Just saw on roto Solder was diagnosed with testicular cancer in April last year. Had the one testicle removed and started every game in 2014.

But I'm wondering if it had anything to do with his regression in 2013 and 2014.

Just saw on roto Solder was diagnosed with testicular cancer in April last year. Had the one testicle removed and started every game in 2014.

But I'm wondering if it had anything to do with his regression in 2013 and 2014.
wasn't lance armstrong the best at what he did with only 1 ball?

I don't think the number of testes matters, just between the medication, exhaustion and surgery was wondering if it was why Solder had a below average year.

But it probably had more to do with Mankins being gone.

He did regress, but I will say he played very well in the post season. No way Brady carves up the Ravens and Seahawks the way he did without the great play by Solder and Vollmer, despite the interior line troubles (against Seattle in particular).

Sept 10. 8:30pm ET vs Steelers (thursday)Sept 20. 1:00pm ET @ BillsSept 27. 1:00pm ET vs JaguarsBYE WEEKOct 11. 4:25pm ET @ CowboysOct 18 8:30pm ET @ ColtsOct 25 1:00pm ET vs JetsOct 29 8:25pm ET vs Dolphins (thursday)Nov 08 1:00pm ET vs RedskinsNov 15 4:25pm ET @ GiantsNov 23 8:30pm ET vs Bills (monday)Nov 29 8:30pm ET @ BroncosDec 06 4:25pm ET vs EaglesDec 13 1:00pm ET @ TexansDec 20 1:00pm ET vs TitansDec 27 1:00pm ET @ JetsJan 03 1:00pm ET @ DolphinsTwo TNF games, two SNF games and a MNF game. Not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anarchy99 said:
I expect a shoutout opening night. Like 900+ yards passing between the remade secondaries and no Bell or Blount.
Can't wait to go to my fourth banner raising game. The last time we played the Steelers in the kick off game we destroyed them. I expect more of the same this year. As far as the schedule, other than the early bye which we were due for it's certainly not worse than last year.

I just hate ending the year on two away games. Don't like the short week before Denver at Denver either.
you gotta play your 8 roads sometime.

pats are generally better towards the end of the year, so earlier home games help.

they'll have that much more film on those teams by then, and january @miami is probably better than the heat of sept @miami.

they've seen manning so much at this point that the 1 lost day shouldn't mean much

also, as I mentioned, the first game being a thurs gives us extra time for ryan @bills with week 1 to look at and no short week on the thurs game

the one legit thurs game is in the middle of a homestand, so no travel

I know it's become kind of a larger than life cliche at this point, but..........@colts in primetime...........

how vindictive should we expect this team to be?

Mayo agrees to take paycut. Signs 1 year $4.5m deal.
booooom!!

the shoe has dropped
Rapaport

#Patriots & captain Jerod Mayo agreed on a 1-year deal for $4.5M fully guaranteed. Chance to make $6M, source said. Then 2 option years.
Would like to know more about the options. Its already great for the Pats, but if they can hold him longer without breaking banks, worth.

The options also allow him to go to another team and the Pats harvest those tasty comp picks.

Some good linebackers and edge players in this draft. If the long term plan is to move Hightower to MLB when Mayo moves on, nows a pretty good time to go after one in the draft.

Danielle Hunter, Hau'oli Kikaha, Benardrick Mckinney - some second/third round talents.

Sept 10. 8:30pm ET vs Steelers (thursday)Sept 20. 1:00pm ET @ BillsSept 27. 1:00pm ET vs JaguarsBYE WEEKOct 11. 4:25pm ET @ CowboysOct 18 8:30pm ET @ ColtsOct 25 1:00pm ET vs JetsOct 29 8:25pm ET vs Dolphins (thursday)Nov 08 1:00pm ET vs RedskinsNov 15 4:25pm ET @ GiantsNov 23 8:30pm ET vs Bills (monday)Nov 29 8:30pm ET @ BroncosDec 06 4:25pm ET vs EaglesDec 13 1:00pm ET @ TexansDec 20 1:00pm ET vs TitansDec 27 1:00pm ET @ JetsJan 03 1:00pm ET @ DolphinsTwo TNF games, two SNF games and a MNF game. Not bad.
If this is, indeed, the schedule, I hate the usual November run of later games. I really like the 1:00 games so I can go out with friends for a few cocktails and get home semi-early that night. F'ing schedulers!

I just hate ending the year on two away games. Don't like the short week before Denver at Denver either.
Blame Kraft for the final two games being away because he booked the Bruins to play in the Winter Classic at Gillette.
Oddly enough, I think ending on two road games and having more early season home games actually helps NE. In the BB/TB era, the Pats are 17-2 at home in September (.895) and 23-6 on the road in December (.793). A couple of those road losses were generally of the "don't care" variety as their seed was pretty much set. The bad news is that most of those December losses were against MIA.

If this is, indeed, the schedule, I hate the usual November run of later games. I really like the 1:00 games so I can go out with friends for a few cocktails and get home semi-early that night. F'ing schedulers!
Invite people over, get as drunk as you want in your own home.

idk- but that seems like a pretty favorable schedule. Jax, Texans, Redskins, Titans, AFC east, etc… A few tough games but 12-4 looks good! 13-3 even better. Pats have been lucky with later byes so I guess it was their turn.

idk- but that seems like a pretty favorable schedule. Jax, Texans, Redskins, Titans, AFC east, etc… A few tough games but 12-4 looks good! 13-3 even better. Pats have been lucky with later byes so I guess it was their turn.
Coming off a bye into a pretty tough stretch in October, @Cowboys, @Colts, vs Jets, vs Dolphins on a short week.

AngryPatriot said:
idk- but that seems like a pretty favorable schedule. Jax, Texans, Redskins, Titans, AFC east, etc A few tough games but 12-4 looks

good! 13-3 even better. Pats have been lucky with later byes so I guess it was their turn.
Their away schedule looks pretty tough to me. @ Bills, @ Dallas, @ Colts, @ Denver, @ Giants, @ Texans, @ Dolphins all seem like games they could lose. Home schedule seems pretty favorable though.

13-3, write it down. Count it.

Lose three of their away games, Giants/Broncos/Texans/Fins(last week, starters sitting)

13-3, write it down. Count it.

Lose three of their away games, Giants/Broncos/Texans/Fins(last week, starters sitting)
I'm focused in on week 1 right now, but dudes we need to beat the giants

spags is back -- circle that revenge game on your calendar

we play the rest of our division on the road every year, so I don't know what the issues would be there, and the colts haven't seemed like much of a problem the last 4 times we played, or whatever the count is.

So the Well's report has to come out either Friday or Saturday, doesn't it? I can't imagine they would go beyond the draft before releasing the report. Would love it if the Sharks of Vegas are on the money.

h
18 hours ago
Dan Lifshatz retweeted Sharks of Vega

Dan Lifshatz added,

Sharks of Vegas @SharksOfVegasThe Wells Report will have almost nothing to do with the Patriots. It is an investigation into the officials and the Colts. #DeflateGate

If the report does not take away any draft picks from the upcoming draft, why would it need to come out before the draft?

I thought it was already stated no matter the outcome, if there are any penalties to be handed out, it will apply to the 2016 draft/season.

I thought it was already stated no matter the outcome, if there are any penalties to be handed out, it will apply to the 2016 draft/season.
I haven't seen or heard that anywhere.
Thought it was the Goodell speech about the 2015 season. Said basically there was no time line for the Wells investigation and that punishment if any wouldn't happen in the 2015 season.At work, can't look it up though.

The less I hear about a resolution and an exoneration of the Pats the more po'd I get. WTF has there ever in the history of the NFL been an investigation into anything that lasted this long? Complete bs. It's like they know they have nothing and never will but still can't bring themselves to admit it. Pathetic. The NFL thrives because of the game and in spite of Goodell and the idiots running it.

So if the Pats ended up unable to trade back from the 1.32 and had a shot at Jordan Phillips, Marcus Peters and Randy Gregory - Who do you think they should take?

Its beginning to look like a legit possibility that Gregory slips out of the first, giving the Pats a shot at him obviously.

So if the Pats ended up unable to trade back from the 1.32 and had a shot at Jordan Phillips, Marcus Peters and Randy Gregory - Who do you think they should take?

Its beginning to look like a legit possibility that Gregory slips out of the first, giving the Pats a shot at him obviously.
I think they should take Peters in a hearbeat.

Pats seem to avoid anyone that slides to them. BB gets a list of guys he wants and takes them. He moves up and down to take those guys caring little about what anyone thinks and hardly what other teams do,

The hype all looks funny when I see what the Pats did. There is usually a reach that stumps Kiper etc.

Love this time of year!

Users who are viewing this thread