What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite New England Patriots Thread (4 Viewers)

I really like what they just did there...getting three more picks and than adding an intriguing edge guy...

Weaknesses Can't bend and trim the edge as a pass rusher. Lacks lateral agility and desired change of direction. Scouts call him a "rigid mover." Not very instinctual and still trying to learn the position. Has been moved from defensive end to tight end back to defensive end and now to linebacker. Straight-line, one-note rusher. Maxed out frame. Will struggle if asked to cover in space. Play strength doesn't match the build. Draft Projection Round 5 or 6
Sources Tell Us"He has to rush with his hand in the ground and he's not above average at that as a defensive end. His best spot is probably as a 4-3 strong-side end who can rush from inside on third downs." -- AFC North scout
The Patriots acquired picks 111, 147 and 202 from the Browns in exchange for 96 and 219.

Why don't they get a better player at that spot, then draft the same guy later? This is where Bellichick drives people CRAZY!!! Don't they have a general ranking? lol

Whatever, we got Tom Brady, carry on.

BB clearly has some sort of plan for Grissom, taking him two rounds earlier than I had seen him projected anywhere.

He's a project, doesn't instill confidence with him not being anywhere near the athlete Collins was.

The 2.32 is a hold your breath wait and see.

Like the trade with Cleveland. Glad the Pats took an edge rusher a little disappointed with so many better projected prospects left that they chose Genoe.

It started off so well with yesterday's pick of Malcolm Brown.

I know BB likes the flexibility of Geneo Grissom, but I was hoping

for more value with their 2 picks today.

Oh well.... In Bill We Trust.

I'm as guilty as anyone at pick by pick analysis but ultimately today could round out this draft quite nicely for them. They need to get a couple OL and CBs and they should be fine. I don't see a lot of value in grabbing a WR on Day 3 but I'm probably one of the few that still thinks Dobson can be a factor.

I'm as guilty as anyone at pick by pick analysis but ultimately today could round out this draft quite nicely for them. They need to get a couple OL and CBs and they should be fine. I don't see a lot of value in grabbing a WR on Day 3 but I'm probably one of the few that still thinks Dobson can be a factor.
I am on the Tyms and Boyce. I like Boyce better than Dobson. I feel that Boyce is in a make or break year. Krause is another WR than I curious to see how he advances.

I agree that the OL and CB are positions that need to be filled but I am also curious to see what players will be let go but the other teams later.

Some receivers on the board I'd like to see in NE. Rashad Greene, Tre Mcbride, Kenny Bell, Jamison Crowder, couple others.

Michael Bennett still on the board for some reason. Arie Kouandjio, Josue Matias, Tre Jackson (apparently failed a couple physicals) still there for guard. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Josh Shaw still there at Corner.

Couple good Edge players left.

Pats could go nuts today.

Not sure I get the receiver talk. If the Pats use all their picks today they will have only five roster spots left for any UDFA or cuts from other teams. As it is, not sure they will have room for all the drafted players. Who would u get rid of at WR to make room for a rookie?

four picks, all defensive linemen and secondary, including a top guy at arguably our biggest position of need who slid. How can anyone be unhappy with this draft so far?

four picks, all defensive linemen and secondary, including a top guy at arguably our biggest position of need who slid. How can anyone be unhappy with this draft so far?
I'm not unhappy with it, but I'm a little skeptical of all these guys until they show up on an nfl field.

drafts are littered with similar guys that are never heard from.

1.32 Malcom Brown DL

2.32 Jordan Richards S

3.33 Geneo Grissom EDGE/DL

4.02 Trey Flowers EDGE

4.12 Tre Jackson OL

4.32 Shaq Mason OL

Need: WR, RB, CB, LB

Feel like they are going to punt on corner with these picks and take RB/WR/LBs, who wants a 5th+ round corner that will take two years to develop when they are still in position to win now - Ifo maybe, but idk.

Tre Mcbride, Justin Hardy, Rashad Greene, Kenny Bell, Dezmin Lewis, Davis Tull, Jay Ajayi, Cameron Artis-Payne, grab another TE in Jesse James, grab a convert player in Darren Waller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hearing the Pats got the 166 and 247 for the 147 with Green Bay. Adding a late seventh to move back 20 spots in the 5th :confused:

Ajayi and Tull go the two picks after they move down :thumbdown:

For some reason Michael Bennett is still on the board.

Was projected late first early second interior lineman. Doesn't really fit the mold of a DE or DT, somewhere in between.

LMFAO, okay - I'll be back at the end of the draft... trade back 20 spots to pick up a 7th. Grab a long snapper with the pick.

Tripled up on EDGE players, doubled on guards, pretty sick DT, some sort of ####### Sun Tzu of defensive backs and a longsnapper who might not even be able to play for two years.

Eh, they got three picks left. I like most of the draft, but there are some serious question marks.

matt wells?

dude doesn't even have height + weight
6'2" 222, athletic guy. Undersized, no idea what hes going to do, wouldn't be shocked if he was a STer.

Users who are viewing this thread