What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fargo TV series on FX - season 3 starts TONIGHT 4/19!!! (2 Viewers)

I'd be curious too what the actual run length was of this episode. Did seem like it had a ton of commercial time. Plus, there's all the walking around with no dialogue and just ominous string music which takes up about half the episode too.
The closing credits seem to take 4-5 mins also.  

I usually watch Fargo the day after it airs do I can skip the commercials and while I'm not adverse to spoilers, I do not go out of my way looking for them. Yesterday, however, I did read that this week's episode was a "bloodbath". I was very concerned for Ethelrida when the nurse was packing up to skip town.

I travel to KC a lot (or used to before COVID) and I've been to the location of the bloodbath several times.  

I'd like to look online and see if this event really happened but don't want season spoilers.  Anyone know if this really happened?

Nice throwback to Wizard of Oz.. But man, that was a little depressing..

Literally said "No, not the Rabbi!" when he got shot.. then he just disappears...
Then the kid, after being told 100 times "If I don't come back, I'm either dead or in Jail" takes Rabbit and starts walking alone down the road..   :(  

Last edited by a moderator:
I travel to KC a lot (or used to before COVID) and I've been to the location of the bloodbath several times.  

I'd like to look online and see if this event really happened but don't want season spoilers.  Anyone know if this really happened?
Yes, there was a massacre in the location.  Not exactly like it played out in Fargo, but a blood bath did occur there.

snogger said:
Nice throwback to Wizard of Oz.. But man, that was a little depressing..

Literally said "No, not the Rabbi!" when he got shot.. then he just disappears...
Then the kid, after being told 100 times "If I don't come back, I'm either dead or in Jail" takes Rabbit and starts walking alone down the road..   :(  
Despite the black and white episode, i took me a while to catch on to the Wizard of Oz theme.  The East/West episode name didn't click as the two wicked witches (sisters) until well after the little dog appeared too.  My pretty.

if Milligan dont get thrown down on fatstareymobster by the tornado or lead a ghost armada against both sides in the finale, i'm asking for my money back

Didn't really need a whole episode of that. Just kinda want this to finish by this point. Still good but could've used a little editing and better casting. I gave Chris Rock a chance but not buying it and don't like either of the Italian brothers.

Didn't really need a whole episode of that. Just kinda want this to finish by this point. Still good but could've used a little editing and better casting. I gave Chris Rock a chance but not buying it and don't like either of the Italian brothers.
yup. reminds me of an herbed-up music sesh - a LOT more cool riffs than finished songs

yup. reminds me of an herbed-up music sesh - a LOT more cool riffs than finished songs
Definitely feels like  one of those jazz  sax solos where the dude felt the need to play ALL the notes. I need something with at least a semblance of a line behind it. Actually, maybe I’d compare it more to a jazz sax player warming up and playing snippets of a thousand riffs from different songs.

To wit: I don’t care about the girl or the funeral home at all, though I suspect we’re headed back to showdown with her and the nurse soon. Could’ve been done with the nurse after she bumped off Josto”s dad.

Too much fluff around the Italians. That could be whittled down and still has us wondering about who’s turning on who, or which brother is dumber.

The opening episode was all about the child ward/hostage thing over the years. This season should have been almost only about that, but we’ve gotten zero about Zero (apparently he likes cake)or whatever his name is, and not enough Rabbi/Satchel.

The Marshall played out like a RPG side quest.

Agree with whoever said the star this year is the setting. It’s just too all over for me right now to truly love, but at least it ain’t Chicago Med.

One of our favorite shows the first 3 seasons and wanted to get into this with Rock starring in it but just doesn't seem to be living up to the other seasons. 

Season 4 kind of a disappointment but if you love it more power to you. 

I feel like it is hard to judge a Fargo season until the season is over.  We still have episodes left and I'm thinking we'll get enough of the loose ends tied up by the end.  Possibly by a great finale that makes us all love the rest of the season.  

S2-Ted Danson, Jessie Plum something, his wife Kirstin Dunst

S3-Was that the one with the Indian or was that S2 as well? I thought McGregor was terrific, loved the Brunette. 

This season is weak sauce vs those previous editions. 

Delicious. Delicious in a way that movies used to be. Remains to be seen whether it will be candy delicious or souffle delicious, but i'm very excited to spend the season finding out.
Reluctant to quote myself, but this was the problem. "Delicious in a way that movies used to be".

You sit me down for two hours and give me a mob story involving the passing of a city's graft which mirrors the chain by which immigrant groups (inc from the country of "slavery") gained purchase in the American Miracle; a mythic code by which they keep the peace; a prim poison angel sex nurse; miscegenous funeral directors to process the body count, yet properly raise their savant daughter, largely left to wonder on her own whether to be good or great; escaped lesbian outlaws with a Mormon Earp marshall on their tail; the truly compelling big brother situation of an unlikely pair of life's captives, a wintry urban setpiece on a stormy plain, etc etc. i'm gonna forgive you for whatever you dont resolve in one sesh. String me out over a coupla months of rising & falling w your story, though, and you gotta have your team tying it all together from the start instead of enjoying how to explore each element of the initial creative burst. i'm glad i got sent on the mission of wondering how these delicious elements would play out, but i cant see how i wont be disappointed by the result.

Despite the black and white episode, i took me a while to catch on to the Wizard of Oz theme.  The East/West episode name didn't click as the two wicked witches (sisters) until well after the little dog appeared too.  My pretty.
:doh:  I watched the whole thing (even noticing the switch to color) and STILL didn't connect it until I saw this.  Good lord.

• B&W to color after the twister
  • East/west sisters
  • Little dog
  • KANSAS for ####'s sake
All I was doing is sitting there going "A tornado in the dead of winter??" 

Reluctant to quote myself, but this was the problem. "Delicious in a way that movies used to be".

You sit me down for two hours and give me a mob story involving the passing of a city's graft which mirrors the chain by which immigrant groups (inc from the country of "slavery") gained purchase in the American Miracle; a mythic code by which they keep the peace; a prim poison angel sex nurse; miscegenous funeral directors to process the body count, yet properly raise their savant daughter, largely left to wonder on her own whether to be good or great; escaped lesbian outlaws with a Mormon Earp marshall on their tail; the truly compelling big brother situation of an unlikely pair of life's captives, a wintry urban setpiece on a stormy plain, etc etc. i'm gonna forgive you for whatever you dont resolve in one sesh. String me out over a coupla months of rising & falling w your story, though, and you gotta have your team tying it all together from the start instead of enjoying how to explore each element of the initial creative burst. i'm glad i got sent on the mission of wondering how these delicious elements would play out, but i cant see how i wont be disappointed by the result.
Yeah, thinking through what's up in the air RN

• Rabbi/Satchel
  • Fargo guys (right?) coming in to hit the Italians at the end of the previous ep
  • Overall fate of the Fadda/Cannon clash
  • Nurse/daughter
  • I'm probably forgetting 1 or 2

• Rabbi/Satchel
  • Fargo guys (right?) coming in to hit the Italians at the end of the previous ep
  • Nurse/daughter
yeah, i think Hawley & his pals got too stoned on all the great characters/sitches they were coming up with that they didnt even start considering tying it all together to the halfway point.They fail where the Gilligan crew (Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul) succeeded. Fargo S3 was pointed to British badtooth guy's soliliquies on gangsterism from the start. I'd be surprised to find they had a similar endpoint to S4

yeah, i think Hawley & his pals got too stoned on all the great characters/sitches they were coming up with that they didnt even start considering tying it all together to the halfway point.They fail where the Gilligan crew (Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul) succeeded. Fargo S3 was pointed to British badtooth guy's soliliquies on gangsterism from the start. I'd be surprised to find they had a similar endpoint to S4
I suppose Fargo/Fadda/Cannon could fold into one, since Cannon called in the Fargo guys.  And if the Sachel = Mike Milligan theory is true, he ends up in the new KC organization in whatever form it takes.  So that would cover the first 3. 

I'm thinking there's an Oraetta/Ethelreda confrontation/resolution in one episode, and the crime family in the other. I'd also guess at Ethelreda coming out on top vs the nurse, in part so she can close the season as a sort of narrator as she started it.

No doubt.  Wish it happened earlier.  Too much overacting.  Chill with the eyes bro.  We get, you're kinda crazy.   

So many characters in this season.  I just wish Hawley knew what to do with them. 
Honestly believe the relentlessness of Gaetano was Hawley's artistic paean to our President. Y'know, how some are completely flabbergasted by the barrage of over-the-topness and others are, "whachootalkinboutWillis?!".

• Rabbi/Satchel
  • Nurse/daughter
And to me that is the "issue".. Not that there isn't any story as others stated, but that there ae too many stories..
I think they could have dropped the Nurse and the Funeral home side stories and it would have been a much better season. :shrug:  

yeah, just meh as far as fargo goes...but still decent TV
yeah lots of style, little substance....great camera work and editing. I loved the surface/visual stuff.   Hawley and his team of writers seemed so impressed with all their little character creations but didn't know which ones to scratch.    Everyone got their 15 minutes so the focus was scattered.   They should've focused on less characters and really developed certain ones.  Would've loved more Rabbi and Satchel.   

Users who are viewing this thread