Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Xue

Dynasty & Re-Draft: Mike Evans, WR Tampa Bay Bucs

Kind of reminds me a little of AB/Juju. Although it seems Evans floor is lower than AB's was on the down weeks.

10 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Kind of reminds me a little of AB/Juju. Although it seems Evans floor is lower than AB's was on the down weeks.

only way the floor would have been worse this week was if he lost a fumble and ended the day with a negative score... :wall:

• Like 1

During the preseason, I was pretty sure that one of Evans, Godwin, and Howard would be a bust. 

Didn't think Godwin's performance would render BOTH Evans and Howard busts.

I'm a little less worried after listening to some of my podcasts.  Apparently they shadowed Evans with Lattimore, PLUS gave him safety help.  That's a healthy amount of respect to show a WR.

5 minutes ago, themeistersinger said:

I'm a little less worried after listening to some of my podcasts.  Apparently they shadowed Evans with Lattimore, PLUS gave him safety help.  That's a healthy amount of respect to show a WR.

Yeah they shadowed him with Lattimore. Saints know how to defend Evans. Panthers too. He does have a good history against the Falcons.

11 hours ago, davearm said:

Starters:

Evans 0.0

MVS 1.8

Bench:

Fuller 39.7

Fun hobby.

:ptts:

A team in my league had almost the same thing, only it was Allen instead of Evans. So, you know, you weren't alone.

Evans and Watkins....

and..Philly D and Watson. :)

Evans still a must start.  Watkins not so much.  Godwin will pull some coverage.

Jameis Winston said in order to win football games, the Buccaneers have to get Mike Evans the ball.

"Bottom line, to win football games, we've got to get Mike Evans the ball," said Winston, who took responsibility for Evans' goose egg against the Saints in Week 5. "We've just got to get him the ball. There's nothing much else to say to it." Evans has largely taken a backseat to Chris Godwin (the NFL's current leader in receiving touchdowns) in recent weeks, though the two-time Pro Bowler showed he can still move mountains with his 190-yard explosion against the Giants in Week 3. Winston's remarks could foreshadow a Week 6 breakout for Evans, who went for 61 yards on four catches when he faced the Panthers earlier this year.

SOURCE: Tampa Bay Times

Oct 11, 2019, 9:55 AM ET

Winston forcing the ball to one player is not a recipe for success.  Ugh. 

21 minutes ago, Grahamburn said:

It is for my fantasy team. :shrug:

33 minutes ago, Grahamburn said:

Letting the saints take him out of the game was a big contribution in the saint's victory. Sometimes you have to force it to your best players.

"We've gotta get Mike Evans the ball" - Jameis

- No s**t, ya think? FSU education paying off. Now shut up and do it.

Edited by Jacksonke1
spelling

I keep going back and forth on this.   Evans still leads the NFL in air yards, even though he was sick one week and got shut out last week.   Godwin's target share is higher than his (26%), but his is still in the range for a WR1 (23%).   But Bradberry shadowed him and shut him down week 2, and his history against the Panthers isn't stellar.  

In his past five meetings with the Panthers, Evans has 20 catches for 292 yards and no touchdowns. He's been above 62 yards just once over that span, including Week 2 at Carolina when he had four catches for 61 yards on eight targets.

I'm leaning toward sitting him this week in favor of Thielen, Chark and McClaurin and hoping that he rebounds after the bye against some weak defensive secondaries.

All the sites have Juju ranked a few spots ahead of Evans in dynasty. I was offered his Evans straight up for my Juju in PPR. Thinking I could at least get him to add more, though. Thoughts?

Mike Evans caught 11-of-12 targets for 198 yards and two touchdowns in Tampa Bay's Week 8 loss to the Titans.

It clearly would've been sweeter in victory, but Evans nonetheless passed James Wilder (430) to become Tampa Bay's franchise leader in receptions with 432 at the ripe age of 26. Without outside corner Adoree Jackson available to contain Evans, interim DB LeShaun Sims had his soul taken for completions of 46, 43, 14 and 13 yards (among others). Evans has racked up nine fewer catches than teammate Chris Godwin (47 to 38) on the year but has notably been treated as Winston's go-to downfield option, accruing 36 percent of Tampa Bay's air yards while pacing for 87/1,513/14. It's obviously in the cards that both finish as Top 12 wideouts in '19, making both salivating WR1s in Week 9 against the Seahawks.

Oct 27, 2019, 5:48 PM ET

feast or famine.  wish it was more predictable.

• Like 1

Mike Evans supplied 12 catches for 180 yards and a touchdown on 16 targets Sunday in Tampa Bay’s Week 9 loss to Seattle.

In doing so, he became the first receiver in franchise history to clear 150 yards in back-to-back games. Not satisfied with setting a career-best with 11 catches in Week 8, Evans set out to better that mark against the Seahawks. He succeeded on that front, singlehandedly keeping the Bucs afloat in a thrilling Week 9 barnburner. Evans set the tone with two catches spanning 38 yards on the opening drive. His lone touchdown came on a second-quarter strike from Jameis Winston, who escaped the pocket before hitting the 6'5" receiver for a five-yard TD. Evans came through again late in the fourth quarter, finding a soft spot in the defense for a pick-up of 17 to set up first-and-goal from the Seahawks' one-yard-line. Dare Ogunbowale tied the score with a one-yard touchdown on the following play. As locked in as any receiver in recent memory, Evans will be put to the test when Patrick Peterson invades Tampa in Week 10.

Nov 3, 2019, 7:51 PM ET

Crazy how quiet it is here. In standard, he is the WR1 in PPG 

He was killing me the first few weeks of the season but now he's winning games single-handedly.

Mike Evans caught 4-of-6 targets for 82 yards in the Bucs' Week 10 win over the Cardinals.

Coming off a molten three-game streak, Evans had his quietest day in over a month. Jameis Winston was spreading the ball around more than usual, finding five pass catchers for at least three receptions. Evans' off day could become a cold snap vs. Marshon Lattimore, Eli Apple and the Saints in Week 11, though Lattimore picked up a thigh injury against the Falcons.

Edited by The Frankman