What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Mike Evans, TB (5 Viewers)

It’s officially #OverstatedContractValue season.

It happens every year. Agents do new contracts. They text the basic details to a small group of reporters. The reporters engage in a thumb race to X, communicating the numbers as gospel.

Within a day or two, the truth puts its pants on.

This year, it started with Bucs receiver Mike Evans. Two years, $52 million! $35 million guaranteed!

It’s actually, we’re told, a two-year, $41 million deal. The other $11 million comes in the form of incentives and escalators.

The deal pays out $23 million fully guaranteed in 2024. He’s due to make $18 million in 2025. Of that amount, $6 million is fully guaranteed and $6 million is guaranteed for injury.

So it’s a $20.5 million deal, not a $26 million contract. And it has $29 million fully guaranteed at signing.

I traded away Evans for a 1st & a 2nd 2 years ago because I thought he was nearing the end.

Better a year early than a year late, right?

I’m an idiot.

Separation is overrated when you're 6'4, with long arms, and can jump out of the gym. Evans is always open.
If that's your criteria, so be it. I'll respectfully disagree. We'll see who is right in a couple of years.

The man is just so good.
Tried to figure out what Air EPA is. Odd statistic. Basically takes whatever the receiver actually did after the catch out of the equation and says, "let's just assume he did what's expected" and then calculates points added. If I understand correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread