What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which owner should be stripped of his team? (1 Viewer)

Which owner deserves the boot most?

• Donald Sterling-Los Angeles Clippers

Votes: 54 51.4%
  • Jim Irsay-Indianapolis Colts

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Jeffrey Loria-Miami Marlins

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Jerry Jones-Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • Someone else to be discussed below

Votes: 11 10.5%

• Total voters
Heard today that Sterling bought the Clippers for 12 million in 1981. Right now if he is forced to sell the team it will be in the 700 million area. Not a bad return.
I bet it is - or was - closer to a billion as a practical matter.

I don't think he will sell, and if he does I would not be surprised if he sells it out of town, maybe a Seattle or somewhere like that out of spite.
Sterling doesn't have a choice to sell if the owners follow the proper procedure. And Sterling doesn't get to choose who buys it. Why do people keep saying this?
Sterling is very comfortable with litigation, in fact he's a litigious prck.

The NBA will likely see him in court, everything has a price.

I don't know how long he can prolong it but he probably can.

And regardless he doesn't have to take offers he does not like. Maybe the NBA can reject who he chooses, but he can also reject whomever the NBA prefers as well.

Heard today that Sterling bought the Clippers for 12 million in 1981. Right now if he is forced to sell the team it will be in the 700 million area. Not a bad return.
I bet it is - or was - closer to a billion as a practical matter.

I don't think he will sell, and if he does I would not be surprised if he sells it out of town, maybe a Seattle or somewhere like that out of spite.
Sterling doesn't have a choice to sell if the owners follow the proper procedure. And Sterling doesn't get to choose who buys it. Why do people keep saying this?
Sterling is very comfortable with litigation, in fact he's a litigious prck.

The NBA will likely see him in court, everything has a price.

I don't know how long he can prolong it but he probably can.

And regardless he doesn't have to take offers he does not like. Maybe the NBA can reject who he chooses, but he can also reject whomever the NBA prefers as well.
Why do people keep saying this?

No. He cannot.

(b) When the interest of any Owner is terminated, that

interest shall, unless the Commissioner has approved an alternative

arrangement, be placed under the management and control of the

Commissioner, who shall have the power to exercise all of the rights

otherwise exercisable by the Owner of that interest, including, but not

limited to, any management or voting rights and the right to transfer all

or any portion of that interest in accordance with and subject to Article

5 at such prices and on such terms as the Commissioner shall deem

reasonable and appropriate.

(•_•)

Looks like we have a....

( •_•)>⌐■-■

Sterling Silver battle on our hands.

(⌐■_■)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't care about Sterling. I'm not sure the rule you are referring to exists. The only rule I heard cited referenced players. This is about punishment fitting the offense. Would you be so hell bent in your stance if he referenced jewish men or American Indians or Latino's or if he were black and referenced whites. I highly doubt it. Why don't you climb down out of the thin air of judgement and take a breath and a look around.
my stance is the nba should be allowed to run their league. Do you think Silver made up the concept of a 75% vote being needed to remove Sterling? Clearly there is something in their bylaws that allows for this. If their is not the point is moo, because a 1st year lawyer could rip the nba apart.

If he said "my farts smell like roses" and it caused the players, fans, and sponsors to react this way my position is the league could hold a vote on if he should be removed, as long as it is supported by their by laws. What he said damaged the league and was going to continue to damage it. Somehow people are trying to defend his right to own his bussiness by suppressing the rights of the other 29 owners who on part of the same business. That's not liberty or free market or any of those grand concepts.

If you don't care about Sterling, what is your dog in this fight? Why does it bother you that the NBA, which has to approve who can and cannot own a team, is going to meet to decide if he should still be allowed to own?
I certainly don't have a dog in this fight. Hell I don't even like the NBA. I'm against taking something from somebody because of a belief they express in the privacy of their own home. We might as well fold up the flag.

I certainly don't have a dog in this fight. Hell I don't even like the NBA. I'm against taking something from somebody because of a belief they express in the privacy of their own home. We might as well fold up the flag.
So the NBA should just let him keep the Clippers. Instead they will just replace the Clippers membership and all the advantages that comes with membership within their association with some other team or group. Better?

Note this post has nothing to do with what can actually be done under the bylaws.

Jeffrey Loria should never not be mentioned on a list like this. Loria is a scheister who fleeced the city of Miami and Dade County to kick in and build him a stadium based on a competitive product being put on the field...oops.
Marlins have the second best record at home and only the Rockies score more runs at home than the Marlins so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the IRS is paying attention.

During the exclusive, Stiviano also addressed the nature of her relationship with the Clippers owner.

"I love him just like a father figure," she said, adding that she plays a crucial role in his life.

"I'm Mr. Sterling's right-hand man, arm/man," she said. "I'm Mr. Sterling's everything. I'm his confidant, his best friend, his silly rabbit."

She said she calls herself his "silly rabbit" because she does not take things seriously and makes him laugh.

She said the two are not involved romantically and have a financial arrangement.

"He at first started paying me as an employee, and then he started paying me off the books," she said.

Jeffrey Loria should never not be mentioned on a list like this. Loria is a scheister who fleeced the city of Miami and Dade County to kick in and build him a stadium based on a competitive product being put on the field...oops.
Marlins have the second best record at home and only the Rockies score more runs at home than the Marlins so far.
Marlins are 20-15 and 1st place in the NL East. They have the 5th best record in baseball and the best home record (17-5).

Users who are viewing this thread