What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

So, I'm been reading through this thread a bit. Someone mentioned something about cheaters you have faced in wars. What exactly are they doing and how the heck do you know if they are?
Not sure how many different ways there are out there but Honda and fbg1 have both had the enemy's bottom guys simply drop a barb on our top bases then quit. That will send the traps and cc to a server and they can practice away for however long they want.
The server integration is new and is specific to newer hack that doesn't even have an english name yet. Plus just to get access to this server they have to pay hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to do so. There are a few private server sites now, the most famous is goblin town which isn't even a warhack at all it's someone that made some goofy bases to hit as a single player. Of course to do all this you have to set your DNS to something really fishy, which I can't really understand how/why someone would do this and risk getting all their stuff compromised.

So, I'm been reading through this thread a bit. Someone mentioned something about cheaters you have faced in wars. What exactly are they doing and how the heck do you know if they are?
Not sure how many different ways there are out there but Honda and fbg1 have both had the enemy's bottom guys simply drop a barb on our top bases then quit. That will send the traps and cc to a server and they can practice away for however long they want.
The server integration is new and is specific to newer hack that doesn't even have an english name yet. Plus just to get access to this server they have to pay hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to do so. There are a few private server sites now, the most famous is goblin town which isn't even a warhack at all it's someone that made some goofy bases to hit as a single player. Of course to do all this you have to set your DNS to something really fishy, which I can't really understand how/why someone would do this and risk getting all their stuff compromised.
Interesting. Thanks.

And to think I play that stupid game for fun. :lol:

They added a virtual reality view of what it's like being under attack as an Archer. Pretty cool to look around at all the stuff going on, even if it was just moving my phone around.

The yawning and random talking were funny. Not much of a beat and I found it difficult to dance to. I gave it a 3
Wow, one single larry went in a second before the hogs jumped that wall and made bacon.

edit, hogs actually popped one and the larry got another. heals got hogs back up.

you have a deep voice
Didn't know it was recording audio :bag:

That's why I pack the witches. Open enough compartments and those skellies will trip bombs. That double location was pretty obvious.

6* war of 2 max 9s which had beefy heroes :excited:

6 wiz

4 witch

2 + 1 golem

16 hogs

4 wb

rage/jump/heal*2

Absolute golden build.

Last brag/PSA on this. Sorry.
When do you drop your witches?
As soon as the funnel is set. I can now record videos through google play :thumbup: . Uploading replay.
Nice Cliff! Big fan of that attack. I don't seem to have the same success with it like you do but much like the definition of insanity, I keep coming back for more. There is a nice moat base in our current war that is calling my name. Record away and post or start a channel. I'm trying to put together a library of 3 star bases for HONDA so we have some reference material. Would love to have some fbg's stuff.

While it was incredibly obvious the last time it happened it sure as hell didn't help them. HONDA curbstomped those idiots

Nice Cliff! Big fan of that attack. I don't seem to have the same success with it like you do but much like the definition of insanity, I keep coming back for more. There is a nice moat base in our current war that is calling my name. Record away and post or start a channel. I'm trying to put together a library of 3 star bases for HONDA so we have some reference material. Would love to have some fbg's stuff.
Thanks. Took a bit to get it figured out but it's working great now.

Now that I can record through Google play I'll be uploading lots in the future (not warring next week though). If there is a way to upload to a shared channel that would be fantastic.

Thanks. Took a bit to get it figured out but it's working great now.

Now that I can record through Google play I'll be uploading lots in the future (not warring next week though). If there is a way to upload to a shared channel that would be fantastic.
Just make your own channel and upload to there. Then people can link to it.

Pentaloon vs GoLaLoon vs GoHo?

Anyone have a good link talking about when each is the right approach, and with details about each? So many things online show them but don't explain the thinking in any depth.

I like the idea of Pentaloon a lot, but is it still viable? Sounds like the raged pups vs AQ thing was nerfed since a lot of these vids were made?

ETA: looking for something like "The Hog Bible" for these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pentaloon vs GoLaLoon vs GoHo?

Anyone have a good link talking about when each is the right approach, and with details about each? So many things online show them but don't explain the thinking in any depth.

I like the idea of Pentaloon a lot, but is it still viable? Sounds like the raged pups vs AQ thing was nerfed since a lot of these vids were made?

ETA: looking for something like "The Hog Bible" for these.
Pentaloon only works if the CC is a hound. A dragon will wreck it.

Another brutal matchup for fbgs. 9 sets of 40/40 heroes and 13 max defense bases to our 5. This is gonna hurt. Ooof!

Edit: Sorry. Forgot about the new attitude of the clan. We're gonna kick their asses!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another brutal matchup for fbgs. 9 sets of 40/40 heroes and 13 max defense bases to our 5. This is gonna hurt. Ooof!Edit: Sorry. Forgot about the new attitude of the clan. We're gonna kick their asses!!
This match is total BS. I blame Cliff....

...for not warning us all to opt-out

Did anyone catch the Houston live twitch. That could end up being the high water mark for the game. Drunk Jake. Wild scene. Lots of schtick.

Eagle Artillery - new defense for TH11 is the last sneak peek. It will have 2 levels.

Tentative date for update is December 10th - this Thursday morning.

And if you thought attacking max TH10's was tough just think of the fun we'll have doing the same vs TH11's - now featuring the magical Garden Gnome, Eagle Death Ray, another Xbow, another Wiz Tower, etc.

Maybe a combination of Witch Level 3 and Minion Level 7 is the answer to bring the new defenses at TH11 to its knees?

Hmm, was hoping for reduction in build time. Decisions, decisions. Ill probably hit the button and let it run and not gem it. That will give me two weeks to save some more and see if it's worth staying around for.

I used my troll base this morning and they got the TH. That usually never happens.

Also hit the AQ 30 button this morning.

If that's truly it then it makes the decision fairly easy. Give it through the christmas gem boost to see if TH9 is really broken and TH10 is still a 2 star game. If so, just quit. There was quite literally no offense added, and you could argue that with the healer nerf war got harder in a way. (extra dark spell probably helps, but still)

From all the sneak peeks TH10 took it in the ### the hardest. Got no new troops and th9 got a freeze, albeit level 1, but they got an extra dark spell too so they could theoretically run a half ### max attack on you now and shut down a single target for at least one shot.

I halfway wonder if the mods just killed the war game in the eyes of the devs. They know they can't stop it so they are going to focus all the effort on the pushing game and make that the focus, again. :yawn:

Users who are viewing this thread