What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Scientology's "The Hole" - had you heard about this? (1 Viewer)

Yeah - I knew about this

• Yes

Votes: 21 14.6%
  • No - I knew they were weird, but hadn't heard this

Votes: 123 85.4%

• Total voters
Any attorneys thoughts on how the hell this encampment can exist in this country (and not be run by the government ...at least :) )
There is a case being worked on that would bury them for good...I'm hoping that's why the govt isn't pursuing these 'smaller' issues.
Can you give us a link Gump?
He is probably talking about the forced abortion charges. It looks like a court made the Scientologists give up a bunch of records lately and some people have come forward to verify that forced abortions were a thing. Unfortunately for Scientology the one that may stick involves an underage(at the time) girl.
That, human trafficking, and whatever else the FBI office camped up their a$$ is digging in to. It's only a matter of time.

Drive by one of their apartment complexes every day. Cameras EVERYWHERE. Secure gates. Looks like nobody can have a car. The word is that a bus comes every day and shuttles all the residents off to work/church/whatever. I've seen the bus in the parking lot a few times.

Very weird and creepy.
They have their own apartment complexes? That is odd
Quite a few of them. Where else are you going to hold all these folks?
I knew it was a weird organization but not weird enough to have to herd them into locked compounds. Tom Cruise and Travolta are the people I most associate with them. Geez. This is like the Waco thing.
It's really nuts. They're are 4-5 giant cameras on long poles on the complex I drive by. Busses are super black tint. :shrug:
Drive by one of their apartment complexes every day. Cameras EVERYWHERE. Secure gates. Looks like nobody can have a car. The word is that a bus comes every day and shuttles all the residents off to work/church/whatever. I've seen the bus in the parking lot a few times.

Very weird and creepy.
They have their own apartment complexes? That is odd
Quite a few of them. Where else are you going to hold all these folks?
I knew it was a weird organization but not weird enough to have to herd them into locked compounds. Tom Cruise and Travolta are the people I most associate with them. Geez. This is like the Waco thing.
It's really nuts. They're are 4-5 giant cameras on long poles on the complex I drive by. Busses are super black tint. :shrug:
They also build steel into the walls of all new construction so listening devices can't hear in.

Any attorneys thoughts on how the hell this encampment can exist in this country (and not be run by the government ...at least :) )
There is a case being worked on that would bury them for good...I'm hoping that's why the govt isn't pursuing these 'smaller' issues.
Can you give us a link Gump?
Here's a link from the last thread I believe...with other links to the expose that the St Pete Times did. Some interesting reading.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=473499&hl=

Last edited by a moderator:
Haters gonna hate. All of you laughing or lambasting better watch yourselves. Lawyers? Lawsuits? Yeah, okay.

Each of you, if serious about your laughter, need to buy an E-meter to check your level of insanity.
Additional note to self:

- MK likely is heavily sedated 24/7 for safety reasons, do not poke the bear

The church of Scientology has a few nice cigar factory renovations in Tampa. One is in ybor & the other is in west Tampa. They keep the properties up & the buildings look nice, and that is much more than some of the churches in the area do.
So these cigar factories, do you know if they pay taxes?
No they don't pay any taxes on them.http://www.hcpafl.org/CamaDisplay.aspx?OutputMode=Display&SearchType=RealEstate&ParcelID=19291850N000056000020A

Here is the cigar factory one. The other was just a building in ybor.

3102 N Habana Ave

http://goo.gl/maps/r8oET

The church of Scientology has a few nice cigar factory renovations in Tampa. One is in ybor & the other is in west Tampa. They keep the properties up & the buildings look nice, and that is much more than some of the churches in the area do.
So these cigar factories, do you know if they pay taxes?
No they don't pay any taxes on them.

http://www.hcpafl.org/CamaDisplay.aspx?OutputMode=Display&SearchType=RealEstate&ParcelID=19291850N000056000020A
Geezus - please let the government take these psychos down

'Going Clear' out to make a few sleepless nights for the Scienoterrorists.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/01/26/controversial-scientology-documentary/22337995/

Among the bombshells asserted by eight former church members: Scientology intentionally broke up Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman; it tortured some of its members in a prison known as "the hole" and subjected others to hard labor; it harassed those who left the organization and forced their family members to cut off all contact.

The film offers an intimate portrait of founder L. Ron Hubbard (or LRH as he's referred to by members) and follows the rise of current leader David Miscavige, alleging his misuse of power and that he physically abused several members.

The film also claims that Hubbard beat and threatened his first wife and kidnapped their daughter, leaving her in Cuba in the care of a mentally disabled woman. It also detailed Hubbard's elaborate cosmology incorporating space aliens, invading spirits, volcanoes and other elements that his sci-fi writing had contained.

I saw a film festival screening of this that came with free beer. The writer, director and one of the main characters were there and did Q&A. Pretty crazy story.
Crazy but true...its hard to believe the Scienos held off reality this long, but their strongarming of the media and government had to come to an end....going to be fun to watch.

The strange thing is if you step back and discuss some of the mental teachings "Scientology" makes sense. We all have a "reactive mind" and it in all likelihood comes from our ancestors anxieties in day to day situations as well as life and death situations. I'm about 90% on board with this way of thinking.

Unfortunately the next chapter of the book is all about space aliens and interplanetary wars from hundreds of years ago. Mix in the child slavery and all the other cult Like activity and this "religion" becomes a bit of a drag.

I brought home Dianetics when I was 17. Within five minutes, my father had confiscated it and it was in the trash.

I remember him mumbling something about "devil worshiper"... he was a brilliant man so I took his word for it.

Very weird and creepy.
This still freaks me out.

The Church of Spiritual Technology (CST), a sister organization of the Church of Scientology, has engraved Hubbard's entire corpus of Scientology and Dianetics texts on steel tablets stored in titanium containers. They are buried at the Trementina Base in a vault under a mountain near Trementina, New Mexico, on top of which the CST's logo has been bulldozed on such a gigantic scale that it is visible from space.

<50,000 members

>$3 billion in assets
This was refreshing. Because I wanted to talk to everyone about the movie after I watched it. Little fear of offending a scientologist.
This is the part that's fascinating to me. If they do go to such lengths as they are accused of can you imagine what type of pressure they would be willing to put on you from a business perspective? Its like Tyler Durdens club but real.

I watched it last night. Some of the guys in the documentary seemed to be pretty high level guys, so they are pretty credible. The one guy was in a bunch of pics/ videos right next to Miscaivage. Lol at the music video.

There is no doubt they have some dirt on Tom Cruise & Travolta. I wouldn't be surprised is Miscaivage & Tom Cruise are gey. That was pretty weird how Tom Cruise was looking at him when he was accepting that bs award. Also, the story about how they plucked a scientology girl from Spain to become his girlfriend.

Capella said:
The Church of Spiritual Technology (CST), a sister organization of the Church of Scientology, has engraved Hubbard's entire corpus of Scientology and Dianetics texts on steel tablets stored in titanium containers. They are buried at the Trementina Base in a vault under a mountain near Trementina, New Mexico, on top of which the CST's logo has been bulldozed on such a gigantic scale that it is visible from space.
where can i find this on google earth?

This just shows how bad human beings want to believe in something, almost anything. Now if we just could find a good productive cause.

Capella said:
Had the exact same thought.

Capella said:
I would like to purchase the property next to there, and to put a rather rude symbol onto the ground, readily visible from the air.

Capella said:
I would like to purchase the property next to there, and to put a rather rude symbol onto the ground, readily visible from the air.
one time our grass was really long and we mowed the word balls into it

Capella said:
one time our grass was really long and we mowed the word balls into it
Yes, something along those lines, but perhaps a touch more ejaculatory.

Capella said:
Can't be all bad, their symbol is boobs. Bad nipple job boobs, but still... boobs.

Capella said:
Can't be all bad, their symbol is boobs. Bad nipple job boobs, but still... boobs.
The Nipples of Xenu.

Capella said:
The Nipples of Xenu.
:blush:

The whole thing seems very much like North Korea to me. The way the leaders dead or alive are treated like gods, the way the church members react and applaud during those speeches, the grand spectacles, larger than life stages, the music. Then you have the propaganda, the secret prisons, the low wages, people living on food scraps, the harassment of former members. These people really believe just like the people of North Korea believe they live in the best country.

If Tom Cruise believes in Scientology then he's treated like a living God by the tens of thousands of church members and has access to the vast wealth of the church. If he leaves and speaks out against the church he is the sworn enemy of tens of thousands of people and an army will be unleashed to destroy him in every way. I'd stay too. Even if he has doubts which it doesn't seem like he does what would be the upside of leaving?

The whole thing seems very much like North Korea to me. The way the leaders dead or alive are treated like gods, the way the church members react and applaud during those speeches, the grand spectacles, larger than life stages, the music. Then you have the propaganda, the secret prisons, the low wages, people living on food scraps, the harassment of former members. These people really believe just like the people of North Korea believe they live in the best country.

If Tom Cruise believes in Scientology then he's treated like a living God by the tens of thousands of church members and has access to the vast wealth of the church. If he leaves and speaks out against the church he is the sworn enemy of tens of thousands of people and an army will be unleashed to destroy him in every way. I'd stay too. Even if he has doubts which it doesn't seem like he does what would be the upside of leaving?
The doc insinuated that they're holding Travolta hostage too, with all the gay stuff. Some of it is already public knowledge but if he quit the cult, who knows what other stuff they would leak about him.Another thing that blew me away -- show me another person or entity that has ever successfully strong-armed the IRS. Unbelievable.

Users who are viewing this thread