What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brian Quick deserves his own thread (1 Viewer)

Why not take. the one you just created: forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=716426&hl=quick ?

;-)

Brian Quick - WR - Redskins

Redskins signed WR Brian Quick, formerly of the Rams, to a one-year contract.

The Rams reached for Quick at No. 33 overall in the 2012 draft, and it took him years to figure out the pro game coming out of small-school Appalachian State. Rams staffers were comparing him to Vincent Jackson and Terrell Owens coming out of college. Obviously, those comps never materialized, but Quick has good size at 6'3/218 and has a strong 14.3 career YPR average. Quick figures to slide in as the No. 4 receiver as long as Josh Doctson is healthy.

Damn, was hoping he'd be a nice sleeper this year. That depth chart is too crowded. It's like Philly-lite over there.

Damn, was hoping he'd be a nice sleeper this year. That depth chart is too crowded. It's like Philly-lite over there.
Honestly, I like Crowder more than most but he's not some extreme talent (just a very solid slot guy), Doctson has to show he's healthy and I do not think the book is completely written on Pryor yet (personally I am not sold on him) - he does have Reed to deal with for targets, but I don't think he's facing a very stacked deck - if he shines he has a chance to be the top WR target there at least. 

Honestly, I like Crowder more than most but he's not some extreme talent (just a very solid slot guy), Doctson has to show he's healthy and I do not think the book is completely written on Pryor yet (personally I am not sold on him) - he does have Reed to deal with for targets, but I don't think he's facing a very stacked deck - if he shines he has a chance to be the top WR target there at least. 
Agreed.  Cousins has little to no rapport with any of those guys except Reed.  Quick could easily become his favorite outside target.  I picked him up as a speculative add late in the season and I'm pretty pleased.  He was never going to be handed a WR1 opportunity anyway, at least this one doesn't have an established WR1 in front of him.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once....shame on you. Fool me.....you can't get fooled again"

- George W. Bush

I'm not saying there couldn't be a worse situation out there, but I'd hoped he would've landed somewhere that he'd start the season higher than 4th on the WR depth chart (and 5th on target distribution due to Reed's presence). I was hoping he'd land in a situation like Aiken did. But if Doctson isn't looking sharp in preseason, Quick might be back on my radar.

Users who are viewing this thread