What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Bears at Lions*** (-8.0, 48) 1:00 (1 Viewer)

On of the dumbest timeouts I've seen in 30+ years of watching football. Basically gave the Lions the TD, as it allowed them multiple chances, and left the run as an option.
I was really questioning that as well. I thought Detroit might actually spike it there

Amazing at how the close the NFL really is. The Margins between winning and losing are slim.

Bears get just first down when they had the lead late and Lions lose. They don`t and Lions win.

Last edited:
Of course, the negative nellies on the board will pin this on Fields, but anyone who watched the game knows he played well despite this god awful offense.
Don’t understand why Fields wasn’t the guy running the ball on the Bears second to last possession
Those three plays couldn't have been scripted any worse

At least the deep pass was gutsy, but they should of had DJ Moore run it. The WR they threw to looked lost.

Of course, the negative nellies on the board will pin this on Fields, but anyone who watched the game knows he played well despite this god awful offense.
I thought Fields played well. However that final play for a safety is one Fields gives us at least once a game as well.

I thought Fields played well. However that final play for a safety is one Fields gives us at least once a game as well.

certainly can't put it all on him when they lose but after starting his career 2-1 he is now 6-26 (e.g., 4-25 since)

dude has talent but something is missing

I think a change would do both sides good tbh

Don’t understand why Fields wasn’t the guy running the ball on the Bears second to last possession

At least the deep pass was gutsy, but they should of had DJ Moore run it. The WR they threw to looked lost.
It was unnecessary and called to a rookie. Coach is dumb for calling it. JF should have audibled.

You are absolutely right though, bears should have allowed their best WR to make the play. We seem to lack that concept

Gutsy but low percentage and as you say not to their best.

Detroit had to learn how to win ugly games like this

I'd say the biggest reason for that maturation is a HC who constantly preaches "don't worry about that the next play could be the one that wins the game"

constantly, every week - you get what you emphasize

gave up three straight chunk plays? then get the ball out on the 4th play

never apologize when you win ugly, it's tough getting dubs in this league

Congratulations Lions fans. I chose to go deer hunting today, because I assumed that the worst coaching staff in the NFL would find a way to lose it. I have rooted for the bears for 42 years. They have finally lost me this year. Ownership hasn’t cared since Halas passed. I no longer do either.

certainly can't put it all on him when they lose but after starting his career 2-1 he is now 6-26 (e.g., 4-25 since)

I was thinking during the game Fields is so proven as a runner but waiting for the transition to a passer.

Hutchinson/Wright was in Fields' back pocket before the 3 count on a play that had to go way downfield. He's only had 4 total fumbles this season. It's not something that is happening regularly at all.

They baby him and I don't know if ts him or the staff. We play not to lose, but seem to be good at not rising to the occasion.

We see Goff have an atrocious half of football throwing 3 picks and he shakes it off like a pro and goes on to win the game. JF throws a couple picks and he's mentally done for the game.

I agree that Both sides need a fresh start. JF would be way better with any other franchise.

Last edited:

I was thinking during the game Fields is so proven as a runner but waiting for the transition to a passer.

didn't you feel relieved when they had him drop back into the pocket and look deep?

RPO they could do almost anything and we have never had answers for Fields as a runner (even as we are beating them)

Hutchinson/Wright was in Fields' back pocket before the 3 count on a play that had to go way downfield. He's only had 4 total fumbles this season. It's not something that is happening regularly at all.
It's at least the third time this year JF has an offensive turnover where the D scored while the game was on the line.

Pick 6 vs Tampa
Fumble 6 vs Denver
Now this...

It's not all on JF. But I'd wager we see it again this season.

They baby him and I don't know if ts him or the staff. We play not to lose, but seem to be good at not rising to the occasion.

We wee Goff have an atrocious half of football throwing 3 picks and he shakes it off like a pro and goes on to win the game. JF throws a couple picks and he's mentally done for the game.

I agree that Both sides need a fresh start. JF would be way better with any other franchise.
I think it would be great for Fields to get an opportunity to play for a franchise that cares about winning and coaches that know what they are doing. I like the guy and hope for the best for him.

Congratulations Lions fans. I chose to go deer hunting today, because I assumed that the worst coaching staff in the NFL would find a way to lose it. I have rooted for the bears for 42 years. They have finally lost me this year. Ownership hasn’t cared since Halas passed. I no longer do either.
I hear you. Millen being resigned and extended did it for me as a Lion fan. Could not take it anymore, I go back to the late 60's. I honestly felt that I cared more about the team than management, that is when I turned to FF. Last year this new regime brought me back, first time since the early 90's that it seemed like they were doing it right.

We wee Goff have an atrocious half of football throwing 3 picks and he shakes it off like a pro and goes on to win the game. JF throws a couple picks and he's mentally done for the game.

I think it would be great for Fields to get an opportunity to play for a franchise that cares about winning and coaches that know what they are doing. I like the guy and hope for the best for him.

OK but did you tag a deer today?

There is certainly enough there to work with. 2024 needs to have a marriage with Fields and a competent offensive coordinator that will figure out how to use his strengths.

I hear you. Millen being resigned and extended did it for me as a Lion fan. Could not take it anymore, I go back to the late 60's. I honestly felt that I cared more about the team than management, that is when I turned to FF. Last year this new regime brought me back, first time since the early 90's that it seemed like they were doing it right.
I stayed loyal to the Lions through Millen. Patricia was such a d-bag, I checked out for a while when he threw D. Slay away. The day Sheila came on-board and threw out that trash brought me back. I have loved every move Sheila has made.

I stayed loyal to the Lions through Millen. Patricia was such a d-bag, I checked out for a while when he threw D. Slay away. The day Sheila came on-board and threw out that trash brought me back. I have loved every move Sheila has made.

Lions have been my team since 1989 but honestly it was really only since the Schwartz era and the very start of Calvin/Stafford that I had access to all the games. Despite many downs there has actually also been enjoyable games and seasons etc all along the way apart from the Patricia era. Almost entirely devoid of any joy whatsoever. He was such a drain.

Sheila has been incredible since she took over. Hell, even Martha was a step in the right direction initially despite the Quinn/Patricia mistake but Sheila has crushed it so far no doubt very much with Spielmans help also. His position was questioned initially but he was clearly integral in bringing in Campbell and Holmes

😂No. Didn’t even see one. However, it was a beautiful day and much more relaxing than watching the weekly collapse.

😂No. Didn’t even see one. However, it was a beautiful day and much more relaxing than watching the weekly collapse.

yeah I spent a few November days like that back when I was a true Michigander

sitting in a field beats aggravating football

Exhibit #4,132,564,134 of why you never run it up the gut on 3rd and 6 when you have a lead, running out the clock and are *happy* enough to just take a FG. Put the ball in your QBs hands and try to pick up the 1st down and to get into the end zone. Cost them the game today. And it happens every ******* week in this league.

Exhibit #4,132,564,134 of why you never run it up the gut on 3rd and 6 when you have a lead, running out the clock and are *happy* enough to just take a FG. Put the ball in your QBs hands and try to pick up the 1st down and to get into the end zone. Cost them the game today. And it happens every ******* week in this league.

and IF you are going to play it that way, why wait until there are 30 seconds left & ball on the 1 to start calling timeouts?

they could have had enough time for a rebuttal but they let Goff/DC bleed it down

@WaddleandSilvy
From Doug Colletti…

Since 1932, no NFL team with a +3 turnover margin & 40min time of possession had EVER lost that game.

Teams were 48-0 until the Bears lost today.

It’s not an overstatement to call this a historic loss.
The worst thing about this is that as Bears fans, we're not in shock it happened.

@WaddleandSilvy
From Doug Colletti…

Since 1932, no NFL team with a +3 turnover margin & 40min time of possession had EVER lost that game.

Teams were 48-0 until the Bears lost today.

It’s not an overstatement to call this a historic loss.
The worst thing about this is that as Bears fans, we're not in shock it happened.

I can relate (obviously.)

The difference between this Lions team and past couldn’t-handle-the-moment squads is belief.

It’s not about talent. Belief is powerful.

With the right leadership you can do a lot with a little.

Cya in 3 weeks.

F...

20 minutes ago I'm thinking maybe this Staff and JF can be redeemed.

But this is how we end every game. Clockwork.
they don’t know how to win. its a combo of factors, but the 4th qtr play calling is a great start.

When the Bears got the ball back with the lead late 4th I told my wife, Fields will run 3 straight sweeps get a first down and end the game. I was so happy when they pounded it right up the middle and only took about 17 seconds off the clock in the possession.

Not sure how long Fields can play the way he did in the first quarter though, looked like he messed hand up on one of the runs. Best running QB in the NFL, looks bigger and faster than Jackson. If he did not slide he would be a tough matchup for a CB with his size and speed.

Users who are viewing this thread