What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel/Draftkings Wildcard Weekend! (1 Viewer)

BigJohn

Footballguy
It'll be a slow week at work, so I'm sure I'm going to drive myself insane preparing for this week. I'm withdrawing both of my accounts back down to $25 which is where I started the season.

Will you stick with your same game choice percentages(cash vs. GPP)?

Couple really quick lineups I've thrown together so far.

FD:

Stafford

Bernard

Bell

Brown

Benjamin

S. Smith

Witten

Vinatieri

Panthers

DK:

Newton

Bernard

Bell

Brown

Benjamin

M. Bryant

Witten

Herron

Dallas

Brown will be in every lineup since Bell will be limited at best. Love Witten against the Lions and Benjamin against Arizona.

Last year during the playoffs I pretty much stayed away from the cash games and only played a few tournaments. Will probably do the same thing this year. The experience I have had with this limited number of games is that the difference is very small between cashing and not cashing in the cash games so I will not be playing in very many if any. I treat the playoffs a lot like the primetime only games.

Just playing around... if you wanted to go "All In" on the Cowboys if Suh is indeed out.. :oldunsure:

Tony Romo
DeMarco Murray
Jeremy Hill
Dez Bryant
Markus Wheaton
Steve Smith
Heath Miller
Mike Nugent
Indianapolis Colts

I've only been playing for a couple of weeks now and am sitting at slightly even money, do the numbers fluctuate on the salary caps at all or will Romo's price today be the same as Saturday? tia

I've only been playing for a couple of weeks now and am sitting at slightly even money, do the numbers fluctuate on the salary caps at all or will Romo's price today be the same as Saturday? tia
They don't move during a week. They move a very small amount week to week.

I agree with Snell. There isn't enough options to miss on the quarterback or tight end spot and make it up. I play some GPPs and hope I hit one big.

Salaries for the week are set on Monday. They will not change until the next Monday.

I have bombed and bombed lately, so I will post my picks later to warn you all who to stay away from.

How's lineup building after romo Dez and brown (and Fleener)? Serious question I have not checked pricing yet.

I'm going to watch this bell situation and make adjustments based on it. I think if he doesn't play then Balt plays a safety over top of brown at all times and makes Bryant a solid option to pair with Dez and TY

Romo

Bernard Herron

Dez martavius TY

Fleener

Vinateri

Steelers (still lost on D pick)

Since the Other thread hasn't got merged <_< Here is what I posted in that one:

Just playing around... if you wanted to go "All In" on the Cowboys if Suh is indeed out.. :oldunsure:

Tony Romo
DeMarco Murray
Jeremy Hill
Dez Bryant
Markus Wheaton
Steve Smith
Heath Miller
Mike Nugent
Indianapolis Colts

Last edited by a moderator:
CGRdrJoe said:
I'm going to watch this bell situation and make adjustments based on it. I think if he doesn't play then Balt plays a safety over top of brown at all times and makes Bryant a solid option to pair with Dez and TY

Romo

Bernard Herron

Dez martavius TY

Fleener

Vinateri

Steelers (still lost on D pick)
Bernard won me a ton of money week 16 and could have week 17, if I had listened to myself... :rant:

Me thinks almost all lineups are going to be combos of Cowboys/Colts/Steelers.

Time to look for value elsewhere, as limited as it may be.

I'll be rostering Ben, Brown, and Miller against the Raven's pathetic secondary. Plus the Ravens are getting Ngata back so their run defense will be even more stout.

Usually when I'm geeked about a lineup, it bombs, but this one has me pretty excited.

Dalton

Murray

Herron

Brown

K Benjamin

Sanu

Fleener

Prater

Carolina

FYI, found out that when you go to withdraw on FD, if you've won more than $600 on the year they require SSN to issue 1099 for winnings, so no getting around it.

Looks like my $1500 in winnings will now be subject to fed tax (at 25% comes out to $375). However, realized I can probably offset that with my losses from Phenoms going under, and claim about $1000 offset. Anyone else have any Phenoms leagues? (avoid that thread like the plague)

FYI, found out that when you go to withdraw on FD, if you've won more than $600 on the year they require SSN to issue 1099 for winnings, so no getting around it.

Looks like my $1500 in winnings will now be subject to fed tax (at 25% comes out to $375). However, realized I can probably offset that with my losses from Phenoms going under, and claim about $1000 offset. Anyone else have any Phenoms leagues? (avoid that thread like the plague)
Even if you aren't withdrawing more than $600?

$600 net for the year. Not each withdrawl.

To be clear... Say I won $1K in 2014... now I go to withdraw $500 of that... will they still ask for SSN and send 1099 for full $1K?

To be clear... Say I won $1K in 2014... now I go to withdraw $500 of that... will they still ask for SSN and send 1099 for full $1K?
As I understand, only the $500 you withdraw.

1st go at it......Fanduel

QB

Ben Roethlisberger
PIT v BAL
RB

Jeremy Hill
CIN @ IND
RB

Joique Bell
DET @ DAL
WR

Antonio Brown
PIT v BAL
WR

T.Y. Hilton
IND v CIN
WR

Kamar Aiken
BAL @ PIT
TE

Jason Witten
DAL v DET
K

Mike Nugent
CIN @ IND
D

Cincinnati Bengals
CIN @ IND

This is what FD sent me. Based on below I think whether you withdraw or not is irrelevant. If you netted over $600 you will get a 1099 and get hit with the taxes based on your marginal tax rate.

Thank you for submitting a support ticket. We send out 1099 MISC tax forms for the end of January for all users with a Net Profit of $600+ for the year. To be able to send the proper users a tax form, we would first need you to fill out your tax information in case your annual net winnings exceed $600 because we would be required to file a 1099-MISC tax form.

You can fill out your tax information at the following link: https://www.fanduel.com/p/MyTaxDetails

All information stays secure in our database. It will only be used if you are over the $600+ net winnings. After we send you your individual tax form, you are then responsible to pay the required taxes based on your state of residence and other factors. This is best handled if you consult a tax professional or accountant.

Please let us know if you have any questions! Good luck!

first fanduel lineup

QB Ben Roethlisberger
PIT v BAL
RB DeMarco Murray
DAL v DET
RB Jonathan Stewart
CAR v ARI
WR Antonio Brown
PIT v BAL
WR Golden Tate
DET @ DAL
WR Terrance Williams
DAL v DET
TE Heath Miller
PIT v BAL
K Chandler Catanzaro
ARI @ CAR
D Arizona Cardinals
ARI @ CAR

This is what FD sent me. Based on below I think whether you withdraw or not is irrelevant. If you netted over $600 you will get a 1099 and get hit with the taxes based on your marginal tax rate.Thank you for submitting a support ticket. We send out 1099 MISC tax forms for the end of January for all users with a Net Profit of $600+ for the year. To be able to send the proper users a tax form, we would first need you to fill out your tax information in case your annual net winnings exceed $600 because we would be required to file a 1099-MISC tax form.

You can fill out your tax information at the following link: https://www.fanduel.com/p/MyTaxDetails

All information stays secure in our database. It will only be used if you are over the $600+ net winnings. After we send you your individual tax form, you are then responsible to pay the required taxes based on your state of residence and other factors. This is best handled if you consult a tax professional or accountant.

I guess I need to know what constitutes 'net profit'. If I build my account up past $600 above my deposit, don't withdraw anything, then proceed to lose it, what is my profit there?

This is what FD sent me. Based on below I think whether you withdraw or not is irrelevant. If you netted over $600 you will get a 1099 and get hit with the taxes based on your marginal tax rate.Thank you for submitting a support ticket. We send out 1099 MISC tax forms for the end of January for all users with a Net Profit of $600+ for the year. To be able to send the proper users a tax form, we would first need you to fill out your tax information in case your annual net winnings exceed $600 because we would be required to file a 1099-MISC tax form.

I guess I need to know what constitutes 'net profit'. If I build my account up past $600 above my deposit, don't withdraw anything, then proceed to lose it, what is my profit there?
It's my understanding, if for example you won $1000 in December 2014, you have to pay taxes on it at tax time 2015 whether you withdraw it or not. If in January 2015 you lose it all, you still have to pay the taxes on teh $1000 you won in 2014.

It's my understanding, if for example you won $1000 in December 2014, you have to pay taxes on it at tax time 2015 whether you withdraw it or not. If in January 2015 you lose it all, you still have to pay the taxes on teh $1000 you won in 2014.
Correct. The $600 is calculated based on subtracting your balance as of 1/1/14 from your balance as of the end of 12/31/14 adding back any withdrawals and subtracting any deposits made during that period. It's no different than paying taxes on profit in the stock market at the end of the year. Doesn't matter if you withdraw or not. The government wants a piece of whatever profit you make during that year.

The question becomes handling losses. I presume it's not treated as gambling income. Anyone know the answer to that? I went to Vegas this year and was a net loser. If FD winnings are gambling income I think I could offset it by my losing in Vegas. If it isn't, I don't think I can.

The question becomes handling losses. I presume it's not treated as gambling income. Anyone know the answer to that? I went to Vegas this year and was a net loser. If FD winnings are gambling income I think I could offset it by my losing in Vegas. If it isn't, I don't think I can.
From what I read you can deduct gambling losses up the amount you won for the year, but not more than the amount you won for the year...no net gambling losses. If you won $1000 on Fanduel and lost $2000 in Vegas, you can deduct $1000 in loses against your $1000 in winnings. As long as you have documentation of your losses.

From what I read you can deduct gambling losses up the amount you won for the year, but not more than the amount you won for the year...no net gambling losses. If you won $1000 on Fanduel and lost $2000 in Vegas, you can deduct $1000 in loses against your $1000 in winnings. As long as you have documentation of your losses.
I know for a fact that you can offset gambling winnings with gambling losses, but only down to a net $0.00. My question is whether the IRS treats FD income as "gambling/gaming" income for those purposes. I got smoked at the craps table on a bender with the boys back in January. Plus, my overall fantasy profile was less profitable than my FD production this year.

I know for a fact that you can offset gambling winnings with gambling losses, but only down to a net $0.00. My question is whether the IRS treats FD income as "gambling/gaming" income for those purposes. I got smoked at the craps table on a bender with the boys back in January. Plus, my overall fantasy profile was less profitable than my FD production this year.
I assume they are both gambling and you can offset your winnings on FanDuel with your losses at craps. I don't know anything for a fact though, but I don't see why they'd be treated differently when reported on your taxes.

I assume they are both gambling and you can offset your winnings on FanDuel with your losses at craps. I don't know anything for a fact though, but I don't see why they'd be treated differently when reported on your taxes.
Not sure. I was under the impression this was deemed a game of skill. Hence the reason why government has cracked down on it. That said not sure if gambling/gaming are treated the same tax wise. Did you document your losses in Vegas?

Not sure. I was under the impression this was deemed a game of skill. Hence the reason why government has cracked down on it. That said not sure if gambling/gaming are treated the same tax wise. Did you document your losses in Vegas?
Reasonably well. I always get a marker and as soon as I'm done playing I use what I have in chips to pay towards it. At the end of the trip (if it's a losing trip), I pay it off w/ a receipt, which represents my losses.

If you have reasonable casino discipline I've found that markers are the way to go to help w/ documentation (and to face the reality of your actual gambling status at the moment). I've never been audited but I figure it's good enough, at least at my level of play (which isn't exactly huge).

For anyone that hasn't deposited on Draftkings (like me before 5 minutes ago) if you have a Leaguesafe Balance they are offering a 5% cash bonus (goes right into your DK balance) plus a 100% deposit bonus if you move the money to DK ilo keeping in LS or cashing out. They will do this for your first $545 deposited. So my DK balance is now at $572.25 + the deposit bonus goes against the full $572.25. NOTE: you have only 4 months to earn out the bonus. I immediately contacted support and asked them to extend it to 12/29/15 since I exclusively play NFL DFS and they responded within 10 minutes doing exactly as I requested.

FBG gonna have their interactive value charts this week? Working on a couple lineups but I like to get 3 other projections to see if I'm way off kilter from everyone else on anyone.

I tried googling for some info on this but couldn't really get a straight answer. I guess it's not as straightforward as I would have assumed.

Good luck. I wish had the problem of winning enough to deal with tax issues :cool:

Anyone know what the Arizona Cardinals RB situation is this week? Looks like they are both priced cheap and after weeks of facing tough defenses could have a much easier time this week. Could pair one of them with a Demarco Murray?

Correct. The $600 is calculated based on subtracting your balance as of 1/1/14 from your balance as of the end of 12/31/14 adding back any withdrawals and subtracting any deposits made during that period. It's no different than paying taxes on profit in the stock market at the end of the year. Doesn't matter if you withdraw or not. The government wants a piece of whatever profit you make during that year.
Does anyone know if Canadian residents are affected by the IRS collecting money off winnings? I was under the impression that since Canadians are not taxed at home, then they wouldn't be taxed in another country.

Am I insane to be kicking around a Lindley cash lineup? It allows me to roster Murray, Brown, and AJ with the Carolina defense as a full-on hedge. Maurile likes it better than Dodds, but neither is particularly bullish on that lineup.

Both are big on Luck, which I'm just not seeing to be honest. It takes a big number at that salary and he really hasn't been uniquely good in 6 weeks at least.

Users who are viewing this thread