What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (3 Viewers)

massraider said:
Insein said:
massraider said:
What an entertaining offseason by one team.
What an entertaining 5 days. Sheesh.
The move I really felt for sure is a mistake is letting Maclin go. If there are durability things we don't know about that the Eagles have concerns about, fine. But if it's just dollars, then I disagree with it. That contract is gonna look like a bargain within a year. The cap is going up 20 mill the next two years, and Maclin will be making WR2 numbers.
@GeoffMosherCSN: Chip said he went into FA with a dollar figure earmarked for each positio. Said # is flexible but actions clearly show he values RB over WR.
This obviously bull ####. Does anyone think the plan going into free agency was to dump McCoy and actually increase the money at the RB position? What if Gore had actually signed?
@TomPelissero: Chip says DeMarco Murray, Frank Gore, Ryan Mathews were #Eagles' top 3 targets in free agency and they wanted to land two of them.
Whatever you say chipper. I wonder how many first rounders he's been offered for Ryan Matthews so far.
:shrug: you seem hurt. Why?
Not at all. I think watching Chip the GM work is hilarious.
Now you know how the rest of the league feels about your team destroying it's future to move up and grab flash in the pan RG3. You should worry a little more about the mess they have in DC. Mmmkay?

pizzatyme said:
Quick, name that last RB to have a great year following a season with 400+ touches. Go!
You counting postseason carries?
Regular season. And to add, Murray has exactly 450 touches last season.
Ladainian Tomlinson in 2002 had 451 touches. The next season he rushed for 1645 yards-13 TDs and had 100 receptions.
Thanks!
If you need something more recent:

Chris Johnson in 2009 had 408 touches. The next season he rushed for 1364 yards-11 touchdowns and had 44 receptions. He was the last RB in the NFL to hit 400 touches. By the way, after he had 408 touches he eclipsed 1000 yards in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 and only missed 1 game in those years. The narrative you're trying to write doesn't exist. There are multiple RBs who have had good seasons after 400+ touches. Age isn't a factor either.
Oh, it doesn't exist huh? Didn't he rush for about 700 yards less in 2010?
The narrative he's trying to write is that after 400+ touches a RB breaks down. That's why he asked who had a great year following 400+, not who had a better year. 1350 yards and 11 TDs is a great year. 1 RB in the league had that many yards in 2014.

If he's trying to say that Murray won't have 1800+ rush yards next year, I agree. The Eagles aren't going to give him the ball 392 times.

massraider said:
Insein said:
massraider said:
What an entertaining offseason by one team.
What an entertaining 5 days. Sheesh.
The move I really felt for sure is a mistake is letting Maclin go. If there are durability things we don't know about that the Eagles have concerns about, fine. But if it's just dollars, then I disagree with it. That contract is gonna look like a bargain within a year. The cap is going up 20 mill the next two years, and Maclin will be making WR2 numbers.
@GeoffMosherCSN: Chip said he went into FA with a dollar figure earmarked for each positio. Said # is flexible but actions clearly show he values RB over WR.
This obviously bull ####. Does anyone think the plan going into free agency was to dump McCoy and actually increase the money at the RB position? What if Gore had actually signed?
@TomPelissero: Chip says DeMarco Murray, Frank Gore, Ryan Mathews were #Eagles' top 3 targets in free agency and they wanted to land two of them.
Whatever you say chipper. I wonder how many first rounders he's been offered for Ryan Matthews so far.
:shrug: you seem hurt. Why?
Not at all. I think watching Chip the GM work is hilarious.
Now you know how the rest of the league feels about your team destroying it's future to move up and grab flash in the pan RG3. You should worry a little more about the mess they have in DC. Mmmkay?
Why would I worry about the redskins? I'm sure they'll suck indefinitely anyways. It's their job to prove me wrong now. Honestly I don't spend too much time worry about anyone's football team these days. It's all for fun after all.

Anyone else find it hilarious that the people in here attempting to troll are fans of teams like Indy, Cleveland, and Washington? Not Seattle, New England, Green Bay, etc. Or any other team who might actually have a right to judge. But Indy, Cleveland, and Washington! Imagine that. Lol

pizzatyme said:
Quick, name that last RB to have a great year following a season with 400+ touches. Go!
Ladainian Tomlinson in 2002 had 451 touches. The next season he rushed for 1645 yards-13 TDs and had 100 receptions.
Thanks!

Chris Johnson in 2009 had 408 touches. The next season he rushed for 1364 yards-11 touchdowns and had 44 receptions. He was the last RB in the NFL to hit 400 touches. By the way, after he had 408 touches he eclipsed 1000 yards in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 and only missed 1 game in those years. The narrative you're trying to write doesn't exist. There are multiple RBs who have had good seasons after 400+ touches. Age isn't a factor either.
The narrative he's trying to write is that after 400+ touches a RB breaks down. That's why he asked who had a great year following 400+, not who had a better year. 1350 yards and 11 TDs is a great year. 1 RB in the league had that many yards in 2014.

If he's trying to say that Murray won't have 1800+ rush yards next year, I agree. The Eagles aren't going to give him the ball 392 times.
But the narrative is for the most part true and Chris Johnson is pretty good example of it. Sure, 2010 was still an extremely good season (very similar to McCoy's terrible 2014 btw) but it was a huge drop from 09 and he's declined every year since.

Anyone else find it hilarious that the people in here attempting to troll are fans of teams like Indy, Cleveland, and Washington? Not Seattle, New England, Green Bay, etc. Or any other team who might actually have a right to judge. But Indy, Cleveland, and Washington! Imagine that. Lol
:lmao:

Anyone find it hilarious when homers get so sensitive that they can't respond to posts critical of their team without crying about trolls?

Also, very rich coming from one of the biggest trolls (and orangest) I've ever encountered on the intrawebs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip seemed a lot less adamant about moving up for Mariota today as opposed to yesterday.

Yesterday was like "no way are we getting Mariota."

Today was more like "theoretically we wouldn't do something like that."

Every ####### RB is going to 'decline' if you compare their MOST PRODUCTIVE SEASON EVER TO THE NEXT COUPLE (which by very ####### definition aren't as productive because YOU'VE ALREADY CHERRYPICKED THEIR MOST PRODUCTIVE SEASON EVER AS YOUR BASELINE).

Here are some similar statements...

The top salespeople at ABC corp see their overall commissions decline after they have their highest sales year ever.

Smoking hot 20 year olds' attractiveness declines after they turn 35.

The coldest day of the year is proceeded by warmer days.

Anyone find it hilarious when homers get so sensitive that they can't respond to posts critical of their team without crying about trolls?

Also, very rich coming from one of the biggest trolls (and orangest) I've ever encountered on the intrawebs.
isn't there a redskins thread where you can discuss all the first rounders your team gave up to get a scrawny injury prone wimp? Oh that's right. That's probably not a very popular subject amongst you guys. ;)

He wants to run the ball. That much is obvious. I think he got frustrated last year that he couldn't get 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 on the ground. I expect heavy in offense line in the later rounds.

isn't there a redskins thread where you can discuss all the first rounders your team gave up to get a scrawny injury prone wimp? Oh that's right. That's probably not a very popular subject amongst you guys. ;)
There may be. I think it's the same place where we talk about how many super bowls the eagles haven't won. :pokey:

Every ####### RB is going to 'decline' if you compare their MOST PRODUCTIVE SEASON EVER TO THE NEXT COUPLE (which by very ####### definition aren't as productive because YOU'VE ALREADY CHERRYPICKED THEIR MOST PRODUCTIVE SEASON EVER AS YOUR BASELINE).

The top salespeople at ABC corp see their overall commissions decline after they have their highest sales year ever.

Now here's a guy that's upset. Maybe time for a zanax, robot.

Actually, we talk about how crippling that was, and how disappointing it turned out, a lot. But this isn't the thread for that, so no need to lash out. We're here to talk about your team, so respond on topic, or ignore it. Which is the choice we'll have to make if you want to take this Redskins stuff to the Redskins thread. Otherwise, we're here to talk about Chip.

I loved the McCoy trade for you guys.

Haven't understood anything since. Interesting offseason for sure.

pizzatyme said:
Thanks!

But the narrative is for the most part true and Chris Johnson is pretty good example of it. Sure, 2010 was still an extremely good season (very similar to McCoy's terrible 2014 btw) but it was a huge drop from 09 and he's declined every year since.
Except he didn't decline every year. He wasn't given the same opportunity.

Emmitt Smith didn't decline after doing it. Curtis Martin, Eric Dickerson, Ladainian Tomlinson, Edgerrin James. There's no evidence that any decline is a result of receiving 400+ touches.

Can't stand people trying to make bad arguments with an extreme amount of unfounded self-confidence.

Actually, we talk about how crippling that was, and how disappointing it turned out, a lot. But this isn't the thread for that, so no need to lash out. We're here to talk about your team, so respond on topic, or ignore it. Which is the choice we'll have to make if you want to take this Redskins stuff to the Redskins thread. Otherwise, we're here to talk about Chip.I loved the McCoy trade for you guys.

you're welcome to talk Eagles all you want. But if you troll like Hang10 was, you'll be quickly reminded that Riggins isn't coming back.

Can't stand stupid people trying to make bad arguments with an extreme amount of unfounded self-confidence.
Oh wow, so now I'm stupid? You are the one that created strawman. The stats don't lie, robot.

Actually, we talk about how crippling that was, and how disappointing it turned out, a lot. But this isn't the thread for that, so no need to lash out. We're here to talk about your team, so respond on topic, or ignore it. Which is the choice we'll have to make if you want to take this Redskins stuff to the Redskins thread. Otherwise, we're here to talk about Chip.I loved the McCoy trade for you guys.

you're welcome to talk Eagles all you want. But if you troll like Hang10 was, you'll be quickly reminded that Riggins isn't coming back.
Classic. You're trolling me but it's my fault I guess because I'm a redskins fan.

Can't stand stupid people trying to make bad arguments with an extreme amount of unfounded self-confidence.
Oh wow, so now I'm stupid? You are the one that created strawman. The stats don't lie, robot.
Edited that out because it was uncalled for. You're right though. RBs after their highest carry season of their career tend to be less productive. Insightful.

Why are you here? You always #### in team threads? Take it to the Demarco thread if you want to measure Richards.

Edited that out because it was uncalled for. You're right though. RBs after their highest carry season of their career tend to be less productive. Insightful.
It's not that insightful. I know that. See my initial exchange about it where I expressed I thought was common knowledge.

This was 24 minutes ago:

@973espn: The Philadelphia Daily News' @LesBowen reports a trade of Evan Mathis is "indeed close." Not sure where he's headed...

Not trying to troll I'm genuinely curious as to what Eagles fans think. Are any of you worried that the moves to this point look and feel like something Washington would do?

I think the McCoy trade was great for you guys and letting Maclin walk was the right call.

Bradford trade is odd, and Murray's volume of work behind a very good O-Line would be a concern.

I really didn't think Murray was going to resign with Dallas. Besides the issues with the contract now, it always felt like they were running him into the dirt this season as much as they could, knowing that they probably wouldn't re-sign him. I have to think that he felt that in some capacity, knowing they would over use him this year and getting everything they could from him

Not trying to troll I'm genuinely curious as to what Eagles fans think. Are any of you worried that the moves to this point look and feel like something Washington would do? I think the McCoy trade was great for you guys and letting Maclin walk was the right call.

Bradford trade is odd, and Murray's volume of work behind a very good O-Line would be a concern.
Not really...

Chip being the HC and GM is a little different fhan an owner simply spending to spend. He's actually getting people with a system in mind and not worrying about putting asses in the seats.

Not trying to troll I'm genuinely curious as to what Eagles fans think. Are any of you worried that the moves to this point look and feel like something Washington would do?

I think the McCoy trade was great for you guys and letting Maclin walk was the right call.

Murray had a higher YPC the year before with a crappy OLine. Chip didn't like Foles, plain and simple. Bradford is on a one year show me contract.

Yeah the whole Murray + OL thing is being overblown a bit. He did very well in 2013 when they're OL was "bad"
and the hype behind the Dallas OL is getting pretty funny. All i remember is they won that game against the Giants because for some reason the refs refused to call offensive holding a good 2-3 times on the last drive. And then the next week on Thanksgiving speaks for itself

Keep in mind this is the first off-season Kelly has purged the team from inherited players, which is what a lot of head coaches do when they take over a team. He played his 1st two seasons mainly with Andy Reid players (a team that went 12-20 in Reid's final 2 years).

Granted its a lot of turnover in 1 offseason, but you can see the logic in the players he's replaced. Kelly runs a shotgun offense and McCoy didn't like it and was publicly critical of it. So Kelly replaced him with the #1 & #2 RBs (in yds/carry) from the shotgun last year. Players that fit what he does.

This was 24 minutes ago:

@973espn: The Philadelphia Daily News' @LesBowen reports a trade of Evan Mathis is "indeed close." Not sure where he's headed...
Why the Mathis move you think? Get younger on O-line and increase talent at WR or D?
I'm thinking money and age. I can't inagine we get anything more than a 5 for him
I thought the Mathis-for-Stills rumor was kind of LOL when I first read it but I'm warming to the idea.

If you don't think the Birds could fetch more than a 4th for Mathis (and you're probably right) then ... I'd probably rather have the guy at a position of need who's got 2 years' worth of tape that shows he at least belongs in the NFL (*cough* and isn't Josh Huff *cough*). It's not as though you're gonna be landing the next Megatron with the 120th-something pick in the draft anyway.

Keep in mind this is the first off-season Kelly has purged the team from inherited players, which is what a lot of head coaches do when they take over a team. He played his 1st two seasons mainly with Andy Reid players (a team that went 12-20 in Reid's final 2 years).

Granted its a lot of turnover in 1 offseason, but you can see the logic in the players he's replaced. Kelly runs a shotgun offense and McCoy didn't like it and was publicly critical of it. So Kelly replaced him with the #1 & #2 RBs (in yds/carry) from the shotgun last year. Players that fit what he does.
IMO there's only a few red flags. Coaches that are also wearing the GM hat can be a recipe for disaster. From watching The Redskins paying lots of 27ish year olds for work they did on another team doesn't work too much.

I'm curious to see if Chip the GM will be as successful as Chip the coach. 20 wins in two seasons doesn't get enough play IMO.

Not trying to troll I'm genuinely curious as to what Eagles fans think. Are any of you worried that the moves to this point look and feel like something Washington would do? I think the McCoy trade was great for you guys and letting Maclin walk was the right call.

loved the Mccoy trade. Dumped a ton of salary and got a stud linebacker who only makes 1 million a year. Signing Murray for 3 million per year less than Mccoy is great. Not sure Matthews was neccesary, but I think Chip is just thinking of rotating fresh backs while the speed of the offense wears out defenses. Loved the Maxwell signing. So so on Thurman. Not sold on the Bradford trade. While I think he's better than Foles, his durability scares me.

But you see, that's where I disagree. While you're right coaches like to get "their guys" on the team but I can't think of another situation where a coach shipped off such a young talented nucleus like Chip has. McCoy, Jackson and Maclin were productive before he got there and even MORE productive in his offense. Not even mentioning Foles. To most outsiders it's just baffling. That's the main reason I've posted in this thread and it's not because I'm trolling. I'm fascinated by the whole thing.

With Mathews, Matthews, Huff and Ertz lined up wide and Murray in the backfield there's going to be a mismatch. Somewhere.

@LesBowen: Trying to trade him, Close might have been premature RT @Eagle1049: @LesBowen any news on the Evan Mathis trade you said was close earlier?

I heard murray fumbled the pen at the contract signing. twice.

In all honesty chip has some balls pulling a carolina panthers with his backfield in a passing based era, murray and matthews are both damn good players but defense can just stack the box and its on bradford to riley cooper to move the chains. ZBS makes stars out of journeyman and undrafted free agents so its a huge gamble paying these guys instead of grabbing a crowell or oliver but we all saw the steelers debacle in the playoffs scrambling for a warm body to hand off to.

Is there enough cap left to grab a wr like shorts or crabtree so the wr core isnt completely desolate when the season rolls around? Or is it all in on drafting rookie wrs and hoping one of them can start on the outside.

But you see, that's where I disagree. While you're right coaches like to get "their guys" on the team but I can't think of another situation where a coach shipped off such a young talented nucleus like Chip has. McCoy, Jackson and Maclin were productive before he got there and even MORE productive in his offense. Not even mentioning Foles. To most outsiders it's just baffling. That's the main reason I've posted in this thread and it's not because I'm trolling. I'm fascinated by the whole thing.
Well like said about McCoy, he didn't like running from the shotgun and Chip runs the shotgun something like 95% of the time. He brought in the top 2 from the 'gun.

As a Redskins fan, you know DJax isn't blocking anyone and Chip requires his WRs to block. Again, not a good fit for the system they run. I think we all expected Maclin back and that one is a loss for sure. Could have overpaid but might have had to beat the KC offer and not just match it. Maclin is now much closer to his home and rejoined the coach that drafted him. An equal offer may not have been enough. Even so, a 10 mil offer for Maclin is more than reasonable. But yeah a WR in the draft a priority.

In all honesty chip has some balls pulling a carolina panthers with his backfield in a passing based era, murray and matthews are both damn good players but defense can just stack the box and its on bradford to riley cooper to move the chains. ZBS makes stars out of journeyman and undrafted free agents so its a huge gamble paying these guys instead of grabbing a crowell or oliver but we all saw the steelers debacle in the playoffs scrambling for a warm body to hand off to.

Is there enough cap left to grab a wr like shorts or crabtree so the wr core isnt completely desolate when the season rolls around? Or is it all in on drafting rookie wrs and hoping one of them can start on the outside.
RGIII blew his knee out recovering the pen.

Bradford blew his knee out recovering the pen.

Users who are viewing this thread