What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (3 Viewers)

@LesBowen: Marynowitz was speaking the truth about no smokescreens. Both picks so far are guys we all knew Eagles liked, had for visits.

@LesBowen: Chip: well throw Rowe in mix with other DBs, see (whether hes safety or corner).

@Mfranknfl: Chip says Rowe can play both CB and S. "Versatility is 1 of the things you look for." #Eagles

@Jeff_McLane: Chip Kelly: We had Byron Jones and Eric Rowe as the two DBs we targeted.

@GeoffMosherCSN: Chip said he thought Rowe might go higher, prompted the trade. Had Rowe and Byron Jones graded similarly.

@GeoffMosherCSN: Chip said Rowe "may start out at corner for us."

@PFF_Steve: Opponents were 1/10 when targeting Eric Rowe on slants, but he gave up 42.0 yards/rec on go routes. Deep speed issue if at CB?

@GeoffMosherCSN: Chip: Rowe was guy they targeted last night after Round 1 ended.

@BrandonGowton: Eagles gave up 442.5 points to Dolphins in Eric Rowe trade. Received 445 points back, according to draft picks value chart.

@bylindsayhjones: Chip Kelly says Eagles top two DB targets were Byron Jones and Eric Rowe. Were working to trade up for a while tonight to grab Rowe.

@AKinkhabwala: #Eagles coach Chip Kelly says he was working to trade up for a while: "There's a lot of phone calling going on around the league right now."

@Mfranknfl: Chip on needing DB: "When need crosses over talent, that's when you get in trouble." Said considered trading back in Rd 1 for Rowe. #Eagles

@EliotShorrParks: Chip says he has been impressed with how the war room is running. Says Marynowitz has been splitting up the trade calls with him. #eagles

@GeoffMosherCSN: Chip said he tried to trade up earlier in second round, as @MikeGarafolo had said, but asking price was too high.

@EliotShorrParks: Here are some scouting reports on Eric Rowe: #Eagles http://t.co/kVZOzun0mz

Last edited by a moderator:
@ZBerm: Rowe on Agholor: "He wasn't very big, but it was hard to get a hand on. He was probably the best WR I went against in the Pac-12."

Cowgirls going boom or bust. I can't think of better team to have to deal with that headache. Huge upside but there is no way he stays out of trouble in Dallas.

i think one big advantage Chip should have over other teams is with undrafted FA rookies. i am sure he knows guys who probably have 5th round target (i.e. sp. teams or solid back-up) who won't get drafted and probably will just look for good opportunities. So i have no problem with Chip using any late round draft picks to maneuver

@LesBowen: Chip: well throw Rowe in mix with other DBs, see (whether hes safety or corner).

@Mfranknfl: Chip says Rowe can play both CB and S. "Versatility is 1 of the things you look for." #Eagles

@Jeff_McLane: Chip Kelly: We had Byron Jones and Eric Rowe as the two DBs we targeted.

@GeoffMosherCSN: Chip said he thought Rowe might go higher, prompted the trade. Had Rowe and Byron Jones graded similarly.

@PFF_Steve: Opponents were 1/10 when targeting Eric Rowe on slants, but he gave up 42.0 yards/rec on go routes. Deep speed issue if at CB?

@GeoffMosherCSN: Chip: Rowe was guy they targeted last night after Round 1 ended.@BrandonGowton: Eagles gave up 442.5 points to Dolphins in Eric Rowe trade. Received 445 points back, according to draft picks value chart.

@bylindsayhjones: Chip Kelly says Eagles top two DB targets were Byron Jones and Eric Rowe. Were working to trade up for a while tonight to grab Rowe.

@AKinkhabwala: #Eagles coach Chip Kelly says he was working to trade up for a while: "There's a lot of phone calling going on around the league right now."

@Mfranknfl: Chip on needing DB: "When need crosses over talent, that's when you get in trouble." Said considered trading back in Rd 1 for Rowe. #Eagles

@EliotShorrParks: Chip says he has been impressed with how the war room is running. Says Marynowitz has been splitting up the trade calls with him. #eagles

@GeoffMosherCSN: Chip said he tried to trade up earlier in second round, as @MikeGarafolo had said, but asking price was too high.

@EliotShorrParks: Here are some scouting reports on Eric Rowe: #Eagles http://t.co/kVZOzun0mz
LOL...chip says....chip says....of course he does....good luck with Bradford....LOL

@GeoffMosherCSN: Chip: Rowe was guy they targeted last night after Round 1 ended.@BrandonGowton: Eagles gave up 442.5 points to Dolphins in Eric Rowe trade. Received 445 points back, according to draft picks value chart.

LOL...chip says....chip says....of course he does....good luck with Bradford....LOL
Wut?

Cowgirls going boom or bust. I can't think of better team to have to deal with that headache. Huge upside but there is no way he stays out of trouble in Dallas.
i do like the fact that the Cowpokes have all this faith in their organization and team chemistry to feel that bringing on all these guys with issues will be no problem. i am sure there are worse teams, but not too many

ETA: and i love that they are relying on McFadden for a running game. :lmao: I think all the hype about their OL got to their heads. i hope Dez Bryant demands a trade to an NFC East team after the 2nd game of the season

Wut?
Blah blah blah ma! Meatloaf!

Still a lot of good value on the board at WR including Jalen Strong who was a predicted 1st rounder by some. Not a lot left on the OL, which is the point I was making after the WR pick in the 1st.

I got to give it you eagle fans....your grand parents, parents, you and your kids never saw a championship and yet you're so faithful...good on ya...enjoy 2016 and stop talking about what the cowboys are doing....we know it's your rivalry but it's not ours....enjoy

I got to give it you eagle fans....your grand parents, parents, you and your kids never saw a championship and yet you're so faithful...good on ya...enjoy 2016 and stop talking about what the cowboys are doing....we know it's your rivalry but it's not ours....enjoy
You don't sound like you're from anywhere near Dallas

Gregory said he felt like he connected with the Cowboys and that Dallas is the best place for him. I LOVE that. Has worked great for all the rest of the criminals down there. Wish they would bring back PacMan and some others. amazing how Pacman Jones leaves Dallas and has built himself a solid career after leaving that cesspool

I would rather we use it and take PJ Williams. I would love another CB in this draft and that frees Rowe to play Safety.

If they stay put, TJ Clemmings (unless there's some reason he's falling that's not public), OLB Eli Harold, OLB Odighizuwa, QB Petty/Grayson/Hundley, S Derron Smith or Adrian Amos

Hate the eagles but i love everything about Kellly. Huge fan and I didn't watch one snap of college football.

Bigboy10182000 said:
ShaHBucks said:
Cowboys don't overpay for Murray, play hardball w Dez, had a nice draft last year and now get the best CB in the draft. Lot of substance there.

Eagles get a generic 6 foot WR after all this hype.
I heard that after every CB got picked.

Cowboys got Mamula...the age of the big CB and a combine helped him. Good for him.
You know I hardly throw praise around. Jones should go on to be great. He's a top-10 prospect that the Cowboys got in the 20's. I have to give props.
He wasn't even projected in the 1st round a few months ago? Now he's Champ Bailey?
I don't follow mock drafts so I couldn't tell ya

If they stay put, TJ Clemmings (unless there's some reason he's falling that's not public), OLB Eli Harold, OLB Odighizuwa, QB Petty/Grayson/Hundley, S Derron Smith or Adrian Amos
They're saying its his foot
Figured there'd have to be something. Looks like very slim pickings on the OL now which makes me sad.
Daryl Williams looks to be best OL available.

We're into a bunch of guys now who seem like limited athletes or other things that make them much riskier than the guys available in 1st and 2nd. Depending on what Clemmings foot issue is, might be worth taking the chance. To me, not sure Agholor was worth the drop off, but I'm probably more worried about the OL than most.

On the clock now despite the two picks before them not being announced. I don't remember a draft with such delays for announcing picks.

Strengths

Looks good on the hoof. Has desired height, weight and speed. Smart and loves the game of football. Scouts say the staff at Texas raves about the way Hicks lifts, prepares for games and takes care of his body. Has football character in spades. Not a thumper but a tackle finisher -- won't miss often. Can glide and chase as plays bounce outside. Has burst to leverage outside runs and cut off angles against mobile quarterbacks. Showed more discipline and improvement after a year under head coach Charlie Strong.

Weaknesses

Despite intelligence and preparation, still considered only average with instincts and anticipation. Considered by evaluators as robotic and assignment-rigid. "Line dancer" who rarely free-styles and takes chances. Doesn't see it quickly, so lacks downhill game to make plays on other side of the line. Gets late start on routes crossing face in zone coverage. Must improve at taking on blocks and keeping linemen off of him. Had season-ending injuries in both 2012 and 2013, missing a total of 19 games.

Draft Projection

Round 4 or 5

Sources Tell Us

"He'll probably be a coach after he's done with football. He loves it that much. His problem is that it's hard to project the player fitting into his traits because he struggles to make plays outside of the scheme." -- AFC area scout

"Hicks needed the discipline that Charlie Strong brought with him. I saw enough improvement this year to give him a much higher grade than I had on him back in September." -- NFC East scout

Bottom Line

Hicks sticks to the script and "plays through a straw" -- seeing just what is in front of him -- but he has the necessary size, speed and athleticism to stick in the league. Hicks is an improving player who will live in the film room and might end up overdrafted on the upside potential.

@lawlornfl: ILB Jordan Hicks is a solid pick. Tough, physical LB with good athletic ability. Eagles wanted an ILB. Had LB coach at his Pro Day.

Users who are viewing this thread