What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

✦✦✦ Official 2015 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread &#10 (1 Viewer)

What really scares me is that Vick has been a turnover machine
Biggest reason I did not like this signing when it happened: If Vick were forced into action, and now he has been, the Steelers' defense isn't good enough for the amount of times Vick is likely to hand the ball over to the other team.

Most likely gonna be ugly.
Yeah. A lot of my friends didn't like the Vick signing for off the field reasons. I didn't like it for on the field reasons. He's not a good fit for our offense. I'd rather have Matt Cassel or Jimmy Clausen running our offense right now. A left-handed risk taker isn't what we need.Just gotta try to stay afloat.
You would not want Clausen running the offense. Not a defense of Vick but that's just a bad statement. I thought Landry actually made some good reads during preseason but was hurt by the derelict talent he was throwing to. I expect a lot of screens to AB and a high volume amount of carries to Bell/DeAngelo even if the score isn't in our favor.
Clausen is a better fit, imo, for this offense in the short term than Vick. Not saying he's a better player. Chicago is a dumpster fire. He'd do much better behind our line with our skill players.
As evidenced on Sunday, the Steelers line isn't really all that great. Esp. with Wallace in place of Pouncey (despite my earlier comments that Wallace would be okay). Rams Dline is great and can expose an Oline for sure, but the Oline did give up 5 sacks. Quick dump offs, which the Steelers did early (and for some unknown reason got away from), were key to keeping BB upright. Vick can do that better than Clausen and he can escape the pass rush better than Clausen.

Biggest reason I did not like this signing when it happened: If Vick were forced into action, and now he has been, the Steelers' defense isn't good enough for the amount of times Vick is likely to hand the ball over to the other team.

Yeah. A lot of my friends didn't like the Vick signing for off the field reasons. I didn't like it for on the field reasons. He's not a good fit for our offense. I'd rather have Matt Cassel or Jimmy Clausen running our offense right now. A left-handed risk taker isn't what we need.Just gotta try to stay afloat.
You would not want Clausen running the offense. Not a defense of Vick but that's just a bad statement. I thought Landry actually made some good reads during preseason but was hurt by the derelict talent he was throwing to. I expect a lot of screens to AB and a high volume amount of carries to Bell/DeAngelo even if the score isn't in our favor.
Clausen is a better fit, imo, for this offense in the short term than Vick. Not saying he's a better player. Chicago is a dumpster fire. He'd do much better behind our line with our skill players.
As evidenced on Sunday, the Steelers line isn't really all that great. Esp. with Wallace in place of Pouncey (despite my earlier comments that Wallace would be okay). Rams Dline is great and can expose an Oline for sure, but the Oline did give up 5 sacks. Quick dump offs, which the Steelers did early (and for some unknown reason got away from), were key to keeping BB upright. Vick can do that better than Clausen and he can escape the pass rush better than Clausen.
When Vick is running around in the pocket trying to elude tacklers or make a big play, he usually makes a big mistake like fumbling the ball. I don't want him running all over the place. I want him to make quick reads and safe throws. He's also not the athlete that he was 10 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

When Vick is running around in the pocket trying to elude tacklers or make a big play, he usually makes a big mistake like fumbling the ball. I don't want him running all over the place. I want him to make quick reads and safe throws. He's also not the athlete that he was 10 years ago.
Still runs better than 99% of the QB's in the league. Fumbling has always been a problem for him. Taking a short drop and getting rid of the ball, not having to think too much, fits him well. This team can do that (quick throws) just fine. With this Oline, I'd rather have a guy that can elude the rush than a statue. Warts (fumble potential) and all.

Still runs better than 99% of the QB's in the league. Fumbling has always been a problem for him. Taking a short drop and getting rid of the ball, not having to think too much, fits him well. This team can do that (quick throws) just fine. With this Oline, I'd rather have a guy that can elude the rush than a statue. Warts (fumble potential) and all.
I get it. I would also rather have Vick take a sack than try to elude a tackler and in the process fumble the ball away (something he does a lot). If he can make quick reads and get rid of the ball to his playmakers, I see no reason why the Steelers won't be successful. Set up the play action where we know he can get the ball deep. I'm really intrigued by how he'll play. Perhaps he'll hit a really, really hot streak similar to his first shot after jail.

I get it. I would also rather have Vick take a sack than try to elude a tackler and in the process fumble the ball away (something he does a lot). If he can make quick reads and get rid of the ball to his playmakers, I see no reason why the Steelers won't be successful. Set up the play action where we know he can get the ball deep. I'm really intrigued by how he'll play. Perhaps he'll hit a really, really hot streak similar to his first shot after jail.
Interesting but meaningless debate, I guess.

I hope I'm proven wrong and that Vick can steward the ship until Ben gets back.

A win vs. the Ravens Thursday would be particularly sweet.

Pretty much the ONLY job the defense will seem to have is locating Steve Smith. Crockett is their next best offensive weapon and he is out this week. Their running game doesn't scare anybody. Their D is not so stellar anymore. I think we have a pretty good shot at this one, even with our leaky secondary. Bell and DWill should be able to get this done despite Vick's shortcomings.

The Ravens are obviously catching us at a good time with Ben, Pouncey and Bryant out and Shazier likely out as well and with Vick having only a few days to prepare.

However this is a good time to be playing the Ravens as well. They are 0-3 and have to travel on a short week to a very hostile environment.

Suggs won't be there to wreak havoc on defense and the Ravens may be missing LT Eugene Monroe who has been limited due to concussion symptoms. His backup, James Hurst has been struggling from what I have read. Add to that Torrey Smith is gone and #1 pick WR Breshard Perriman & TE Crockett Gilmore are likely out for tomorrow's game so the Ravens passing game could be hurting big time.

If Ben plays then I think the Steelers come away with an easy, double-digit win but they are -2.5 point home underdogs with Vick.

Shazier, McCullers, Spaeth out.
That's some "stinger" that Shazier got. :rolleyes:

It really sucks that he has and continues to miss so much time.
It's rare but some stingers can take weeks to heal (get back to full strength). At this point it's about him getting strength back in the shoulder. He'll probably continue to have issues with it. Better shoulder pads could help, or the old school neck roll. http://www.tseshop.com/assets/images/fandaddy/jack-lambert-no-teeth-photo.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I've never in my entire life watched a Steeler game and didn't know (at least something) about one of our players.

Yet Cockrell now not only has a beautiful interception but also a pretty fumble recovery to start the second half.

Ummm... who is he? He isnt even listed on our espn depth charts.

Ross Cockrell, age 24. Second year CB from Duke. 4th round pick by Buffalo last year. We signed em Sept 5th.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I've never in my entire life watched a Steeler game and didn't know (at least something) about one of our players.

Yet Cockrell now not only has a beautiful interception but also a pretty fumble recovery to start the second half.

Ummm... who is he? He isnt even listed on our espn depth charts.

Ross Cockrell, age 24. Second year CB from Duke. 4th round pick by Buffalo last year. We signed em Sept 5th.
Read an article on him earlier today...see if I an find it

They could have traded a book of matches with 3 left in it and an Olive Garden breadstick for Scobee and they'd still have gotten ripped off.

As long as Scobee is on this team we are guaranteed at least 1 or 2 losses because of him. You can't miss 2 4th quarter FG and still be on this damn team. :wall:

He has to be cut no matter what the outcome. They simply have no other option. He doesn't even have confidence in himself anymore.

The defense played way too well tonight to have Scobee screw this up.
It did?

They made a couple big plays, yes, but they got ran all over/punked out on more than a few third and longs. Meh.

Yeah, it shouldn't have mattered because of Scobee, but they weren't exactly world beaters on D either.

I am still not sure if it was great defense or just really stupid 4th down calls by Harbaugh today. I know that when it mattered our secondary failed again with the usual soft coverage

Rodney is a moron but he was right. This team will not win a game with Vick at QB and Scobee as the kicker. It's damn near impossible.

How did Tomlin eft it up? Unless he's the guy who politicked for the Scobee trade. I don't blame him for going for it on 4th a few times at all.

He didn't blow coverage when it meant the game. He didn't miss half a dozen tackles.

Coaching did one thing wrong....stopped blitzing in the second half too early.

Users who are viewing this thread