What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (19 Viewers)

I must work  for the only school system that is actually meeting with students to show them we are concerned about school safety, helping them craft their message, and supporting their walkout to make sure it is safe and goes off as intended.

Sounds like these other clowns intend to treat this as a school vs. students thing, which is totally the last thing that needs to happen.
I'd think it's more a school trying to side with the parents/tax-payers thing more than opposing their students. at least, I'd hope that it's it. 

our kids' school is having a discussion forum with our guidance counselor and some social workers about the shootings and being safe... but so far no official announcement about the march.

I don't think that link works.

I'd think it's more a school trying to side with the parents/tax-payers thing more than opposing their students. at least, I'd hope that it's it. 

our kids' school is having a discussion forum with our guidance counselor and some social workers about the shootings and being safe... but so far no official announcement about the march.

I don't think that link works.
All we got was a letter from the Chancellor. :shrug:  

One of the more interesting things I've noticed over the 18 years (god I'm old) of living in NYC is the change in the type of questions you get from non-NYCers when I travel.  It used to be all about if it was safe to questions on neighborhoods and activities.  Green Bay's day will come!  
it's strange to me how many "is it safe" questions I still get. there are still people out there- and in here- who think NYC is still like the warriors or new jack city.

also a bit strange that I kinda miss those days. people who lived here wanted/needed to live here, and would put up with having to be hypervigilant and overly considerate of their immediate environment every second of their day... or get punished.

9 year old ate the cheese off her pizza last night.. with her fingers.

wife lost her #### about it.

somehow not being furious about my daughter one-day potentially being an embarrassment at a fictitious future dinner party because she eats pizza cheese with her fingers makes me an #######.

"WHAT IF WE GO OUT TO EAT WHEN SHE'S FIFTY AND SHE EATS THE CHEESE OFF HER PIZZA WITH HER FINGERS LIKE SOME KIND OF ####### ANIMAL???? THAT'S ####### EMBARRASSING TO ME!!!!!"

:hot:

it's strange to me how many "is it safe" questions I still get. there are still people out there- and in here- who think NYC is still like the warriors or new jack city.

also a bit strange that I kinda miss those days. people who lived here wanted/needed to live here, and would put up with having to be hypervigilant and overly considerate of their immediate environment every second of their day... or get punished.
Wait... NYC was actually like The Warriors?

somehow not being furious about my daughter one-day potentially being an embarrassment at a fictitious future dinner party because she eats pizza cheese with her fingers makes me an #######.

"WHAT IF WE GO OUT TO EAT WHEN SHE'S FIFTY AND SHE EATS THE CHEESE OFF HER PIZZA WITH HER FINGERS LIKE SOME KIND OF ####### ANIMAL???? THAT'S ####### EMBARRASSING TO ME!!!!!"

"Settle down, toots."

Works every time

Wait... NYC was actually like The Warriors?
Rubble Kings is a pretty awesome documentary about NYC gangs in the 60s & 70s. lots of footage of Ypres NYC's piles of bricks and empty buildings.

"From 1968 to 1975, gangs ruled New York City. Beyond the idealistic hopes of the civil rights movement lay a unfocused rage. Neither law enforcement nor social agency could end the escalating bloodshed. Peace came only through the most unlikely and courageous of events that would change the world for generations to come by giving birth to hip-hop culture. Rubble Kings chronicles life during this era of gang rule, tells the story of how a few extraordinary, forgotten people did the impossible, and how their actions impacted New York City and the world over."

Last edited by a moderator:
Rubble Kings is a pretty awesome documentary about NYC gangs in the 60s & 70s. lots of footage of Ypres NYC's piles of bricks and empty buildings.

"From 1968 to 1975, gangs ruled New York City. Beyond the idealistic hopes of the civil rights movement lay a unfocused rage. Neither law enforcement nor social agency could end the escalating bloodshed. Peace came only through the most unlikely and courageous of events that would change the world for generations to come by giving birth to hip-hop culture. Rubble Kings chronicles life during this era of gang rule, tells the story of how a few extraordinary, forgotten people did the impossible, and how their actions impacted New York City and the world over."
Yes, when I look at the baseball furies, I think "Hip-Hop Culture."

actually true

all children are animals.  

I heart my 13 year old son so much. But I am staring at the 5 years from now empty-nest marriage in abject horror. :scared:  

I just watched a squirrel climb in through a window about 20' away from me. He ran around for a bit and then disappeared into another room. Stupid squirrel. I bet he smelled the ridiculous donuts and apple fritters in the place above me.

In other news, Mrs. GD's bloodwork came back ok. So apparently no renal disease which is good. Still not idea why she hasn't been feeling well and why her kidneys were "mildly echogenic". Daughter also finally headed back to school today after being out a week. I think both she and Mrs. GD are pretty happy about that.

My brain isn't very good with foreign languages. But I really think I need to learn Spanish. 50%+ of the workers I oversee speak only Spanish and it drives me crazy when I have no idea what they're saying. 

I think my solution may be to ignore the issue until I get promoted and only have to supervise my own guys supervising other contractors. Problem solved!
make some flash cards of most common used industry terms. About 20 of the most common will get you by.

I just watched a squirrel climb in through a window about 20' away from me. He ran around for a bit and then disappeared into another room. Stupid squirrel. I bet he smelled the ridiculous donuts and apple fritters in the place above me.

In other news, Mrs. GD's bloodwork came back ok. So apparently no renal disease which is good. Still not idea why she hasn't been feeling well and why her kidneys were "mildly echogenic". Daughter also finally headed back to school today after being out a week. I think both she and Mrs. GD are pretty happy about that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juo88Z9FXns

Users who are viewing this thread