What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (18 Viewers)

My mom was tasked with most of the Thanksgiving cooking this year, which I correctly predicted would result in her constantly telling us how she could have done this or that better even though it was all delicious.  But Mr. krista said he'd make dessert.  Yesterday I looked over to the kitchen and saw blood all over the place.  I was immediately horrified and asked if that was his blood (well yeah, duh), but he brushed it off and said, while holding his gushing finger, that it wasn't so bad and he had "just sliced my finger through on the mandolin."  Ugggghhhh.

Anyway, hope your finger regrows or whatever.  Thanksgiving is a dangerous time.  Our blood-stained apple thingie was great, though.
Ugh. Mandolins scare me

My mom was tasked with most of the Thanksgiving cooking this year, which I correctly predicted would result in her constantly telling us how she could have done this or that better even though it was all delicious.  But Mr. krista said he'd make dessert.  Yesterday I looked over to the kitchen and saw blood all over the place.  I was immediately horrified and asked if that was his blood (well yeah, duh), but he brushed it off and said, while holding his gushing finger, that it wasn't so bad and he had "just sliced my finger through on the mandolin."  Ugggghhhh.

Anyway, hope your finger regrows or whatever.  Thanksgiving is a dangerous time.  Our blood-stained apple thingie was great, though.
Me and my stupid dreams of making the perfect Pommes Anna for NYE dinner......

I’ve done it before. It’s awful. Think I got some nerve when I did it too because it was probably 6 months later and I could still feel a pinch when I applied pressure to the finger tip. 

Probably the worst pain I’ve ever experienced. And it was creeper pain. I had a moment long enough to look at my finger and think ‘how doesn’t that hurt?’ and then it just came, right along with the blood. Neither stopped for a couple of hours. 

Me and my stupid dreams of making the perfect Pommes Anna for NYE dinner......

I’ve done it before. It’s awful. Think I got some nerve when I did it too because it was probably 6 months later and I could still feel a pinch when I applied pressure to the finger tip. 

Probably the worst pain I’ve ever experienced. And it was creeper pain. I had a moment long enough to look at my finger and think ‘how doesn’t that hurt?’ and then it just came, right along with the blood. Neither stopped for a couple of hours. 
got a nice part of my index finger taken off by the mandoline one evening making a layered gruyere and potato gratin.  

I have never experienced the kind of rushing, throbbing, non-escapable pain I had that night.  It actually felt better if I squeezed my finger so hard it hurt more until it kind of went numb for a bit.  Those nerve endings are a #####.   

Same here.  Amazing how many times the xacto would jump the edge of the straight edge and go right up your finger when you are on 50+ hours of no sleep.   And no time to go to the health center, so a kleenex and a roll of tape and back to work.
Just don't bleed on the model!

I have a fairly tight knit family. Between Oct and Dec there are probably like 7 bday parties. Throw in thanksgiving and Christmas, this time of year is a meat grinder

Last edited by a moderator:
Shockingly it probably isn’t all that easy to be married to me...

Last night the wife and I were in the car on the way to the drinking hole.  

Wife: I haven’t eaten since lunch. I think I might have to get food when we get there.

Me: I had half a sandwich while you were getting ready but feel free to do whatever you want.

Now for some reason my wife hates it when I say “but feel free to do whatever you want”. I don’t say it snarky or anything.  It just bugs her.

Wife: I HATE it when you say that.

Me: Why? I’m just saying that you can order food if you want.

Wife: I know but it’s the way you say it?

Me: How do I say it?

Wife: First of all it’s the tone. Actually there are two tones..

Me: Two Tone? I LOVE Two Tone [I break into the sax riff from “One Step Beyond”]

Wife:;[pissed]

Me: Ok, ok. I’m sorry. I was just playing around. Go ahead.

Wife: No.

Me: seriously. I’m sorry. I want to hear what you were going to say.

Wife: Fine. When you say...

Me: ONE STEP BEYOND!
Wife: "How was your day?"

You: "Fine. What did you do all day?"

Did I mess up the closing quotation marks?

happy thanksgiving jimtanners!  had a great day in the mountains all week, skiing.  had a traditional turkey feast on the mountain for lunch.  and then sushi for dinner.  it started snowing wednesday night and was still snowing when we left friday afternoon.  perfect!

sliced the right corner, of my left pointer finger, clean off, while slicing onions with my sister's chef knife.  the nail didn't even slow this katana blade at all.  this was many years ago, it now grows all f'ed up.  

you people need to invest in super glue as a medical supply.  works wonders.

Last edited by a moderator:
happy thanksgiving jimtanners!  had a great day in the mountains all week, skiing.  had a traditional turkey feast on the mountain for lunch.  and then sushi for dinner.  it started snowing wednesday night and was still snowing when we left friday afternoon.  perfect!

sliced the right corner, of my left pointer finger, clean off, while slicing onions with my sister's chef knife.  the nail didn't even slow this katana blade at all.  this was many years ago, it now grows all f'ed up.  

you people need to invest in super glue as a medical supply.  works wonders.
Years ago I cut off the end of my thumb on a deli slicer. While bleeding profusely, and the tip of my finger sitting on the base of the slicer, I went to the sink to try to staunch the bleeding while one of my employees cleaned up the slicer (handing me my hunk of thumb in the process). Our customer patiently waited while she cleaned all the blood off the slicer, and made him a new sandwich. Apparently, dude was hungry.

It's grown back, albeit somewhat misshapen, but that nail is as thick as a horse hoof.

If I can get drunk on beer, I'm sure you can find a way with discount vodka
I’m trying, man. I’m trying.

Wife bought a handle of this Uva(?) crap Election Day to ring in the “blue wave”.  We each had one blue drink and the switched to our usual. 

Somehow, today, I didn’t realize I was out of whiskey and forgot to buy any. Currently drinking this blue pee. 

Pretty sure tomorrow I’m going to poop a Smurf.

I’m trying, man. I’m trying.

Wife bought a handle of this Uva(?) crap Election Day to ring in the “blue wave”.  We each had one blue drink and the switched to our usual. 

Somehow, today, I didn’t realize I was out of whiskey and forgot to buy any. Currently drinking this blue pee. 

Pretty sure tomorrow I’m going to poop a Smurf.
Before my Boston trip I had to nail two inches of "Platinum" vodka in a plastic handle, so I could put a handle Tito's in it. I survived

I think I am so full of stuffing and other bread-related products that I can no longer get drunk with mixes.  I feel like my belly needs a release valve.  

Not looking to get drunk, but it isn't naturally happening.  After many drinks. 

@RC94

So anyone in for Monday night dinner/drinks?  I'll be at the Westin Times Square but don't mind ubering toward village, little italy
we talking tonight? I'd be game for drinks. will have a long day at the office, and a longer week ahead- so can't promise more than time or energy for a drink or maybe two. what kind of spot you looking for?

we talking tonight? I'd be game for drinks. will have a long day at the office, and a longer week ahead- so can't promise more than time or energy for a drink or maybe two. what kind of spot you looking for?
yeah, to night. Gleason's is close to my hotel, but I've been away for a long, long time.

yeah, to night. Gleason's is close to my hotel, but I've been away for a long, long time.
I wish I could join you guys tonight, but I can't.  Still available for lunch tomorrow if you want.  I get off work at 5pm tomorrow and can meet for a drink a little after 5pm, but can't stick around for more than an hour or so.  I would have to leave by 6:30pm

@RC94

So anyone in for Monday night dinner/drinks?  I'll be at the Westin Times Square but don't mind ubering toward village, little italy

Wife and I are game. Any recommendations for somewhere? Talked with Cos and we're thinking 8.

Wife and I are game. Any recommendations for somewhere? Talked with Cos and we're thinking 8.
I'll be working until about 9-10. 

but you guys meet for dinner and I'll join up for a drink. I'd selfishly prefer anywhere south of my office (32nd and Madison). 

I was thinking nick vermeil's favorite, Old Town Bar, on 18th st between Park Ave South and Broadway. old timey place with bar food. 

but if you're thinking something different in terms of better foor, or want a different hood, let me know. my hood (east village/lower east side) has lots of different spots.

So I am meeting Hawks and his wife for dinner around eight. Stop in for  drink or two? Unsure where, yet. 43rd/8th ave suggestions? I'm booked all day/night tomorrow

So I am meeting Hawks and his wife for dinner around eight. Stop in for  drink or two? Unsure where, yet. 43rd/8th ave suggestions? I'm booked all day/night tomorrow
not my neck of the nape at all, so I've got bupkis.

there's a roof-top place on 38th between 5th and 6th- Refinery Hotel- that I've been to a few times. nice spot. how about there at 9:30?

or @Hawks64 can text when when you guys are wrapping up dinner (or vice versa) if you'd prefer to just stay at gleasons for drinks.

Users who are viewing this thread