What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (15 Viewers)

not my neck of the nape at all, so I've got bupkis.

there's a roof-top place on 38th between 5th and 6th- Refinery Hotel- that I've been to a few times. nice spot. how about there at 9:30?

or @Hawks64 can text when when you guys are wrapping up dinner (or vice versa) if you'd prefer to just stay at gleasons for drinks.
Hawks is at the Beer Authority. I'm leaving at 8 to meet at Gleason's unless I can dig up something better between now and then.

not my neck of the nape at all, so I've got bupkis.

there's a roof-top place on 38th between 5th and 6th- Refinery Hotel- that I've been to a few times. nice spot. how about there at 9:30?

or @Hawks64 can text when when you guys are wrapping up dinner (or vice versa) if you'd prefer to just stay at gleasons for drinks.
Headed to Gleason's now. We are at Tony's table.

Hawks- google and see if there's somewhere else y'all would prefer for dinner. I'm always fine with fish and chips

ah... missed hawk's response. I'll be wrapping up soon- diminishing returns over the last few minutes and an blistering autocad crash (the tell-tile sign that it's time to leave).

sounds like I'll meet you at gleasons

ah... missed hawk's response. I'll be wrapping up soon- diminishing returns over the last few minutes and an blistering autocad crash (the tell-tile sign that it's time to leave).

sounds like I'll meet you at gleasons
Perfect. We're at the far back on the right. 

urbanhack said:
Hi.  Does anyone have any single ladies they can introduce me to in PDX?  I'm officially available.
i have a 30 something friend that lives in pdx.   how attractive to 30 something chicks are you?  are you willing to do/provide drugs?  are you employed?

-fish- said:
I know a hot bartender who lives in PDX.   
seriously.   she's hot and single.  

anyway,  in the winter I like to switch to white russians as my go-to home cocktail.   my freaking cat got into a mostly empty glass, but got enough of a taste to decide that it also likes white russians.   now I can't leave my drink unattended or it will try to sneak up and drink it.   I hate the cat, but respect its determination to get wasted.

i'm drinking lightly these days.  corn hole this sunday?  maybe?  my parents might come down, which would f that up.  but let's make it happen soon.
Any chance of you using your Ikon Pass for Crystal Mountain this season?  Roverkid can probably go skiing, and I'm sure the usual suspects would be up for a NW cornhole.

Any chance of you using your Ikon Pass for Crystal Mountain this season?  Roverkid can probably go skiing, and I'm sure the usual suspects would be up for a NW cornhole.
i'd freaking love to!!  i thought of you when i saw it was added to the ikon pass.  we are going to deer valley 1/1, for a week.  and to CO sometime in march.  but have nothing planned in between.  lets chat.  does that mean her noggin is feeling better, i hope so!

i'd freaking love to!!  i thought of you when i saw it was added to the ikon pass.  we are going to deer valley 1/1, for a week.  and to CO sometime in march.  but have nothing planned in between.  lets chat.  does that mean her noggin is feeling better, i hope so!
she still can't read without getting a splitting headache, but she's cleared for aerobic activity.   school is a disaster, but she should be good for skiing as long as she wears a helmet.

i have a 30 something friend that lives in pdx.   how attractive to 30 something chicks are you?  are you willing to do/provide drugs?  are you employed?
Very 420 friendly...i work in the industry
Employed 
Homeowner
I could be attracted -  assuming she's cool with a guy 50 going on 39. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was he playing Madness on the mandolin?

I hope the finger, hand and marriage are ok today. Architecture school was a giant continuous mash unit as we all went sleepless for days wielding xacto blades on our models and fingers. Fingers on my left hand are a scarred mess. Wish I could say I learned better eventually. Definitely learned not to bring ska to a wife fight.

Our dinner out was fantastic, at one of our favorite restaurants Blue Water Grille. I went with the turkey dinner (honestly best turkey I've had...sorry, mom) while the rest had sushi. Lots of sharing and thankfullness. Even floppinho, who has entered the awful 11year old boy phase of his life, was great- no tears at all from 7yo floppinha.
Kinda got glossed over, but did we ever figure out the most appropriate music to bring to wife fights?

Say, anybody else here send an email to their ex-wife that was intended for their current wife where they just so happened to refer to the ex-wife in the body of the email?  Show of hands?  Beuller.....Beuller......

FML
All nice things I'm sure...

ETA: Best course of action, if she hasn't already responded, is to acknowledge it, and if you said anything derogatory, own up to it and tell her that your embarrassment made you realize you were wrong to have said it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: SWC
All nice things I'm sure...

ETA: Best course of action, if she hasn't already responded, is to acknowledge it, and if you said anything derogatory, own up to it and tell her that your embarrassment made you realize you were wrong to have said it at all.
It wasn't too bad but it certainly wasn't something I would have said to her face.  And I did just that....once I saw the email disappear with her name on the "to" line, I chased it with a follow-up saying "sorry, that was meant for current wife".  Then forwarded what I sent to ex to current explaining what I did and that she is married to a big, dumb animal. :bag:

End of the day, we're trying to raise a little money for our Diabetic son's summer camp, which is a great cause.  Not a fan of Chris Dudley's friendship with Barf Kavenaugh, but the guy puts on a hell of a summer camp for kids/counselors with T1D.   :thumbup:

It wasn't too bad but it certainly wasn't something I would have said to her face.  And I did just that....once I saw the email disappear with her name on the "to" line, I chased it with a follow-up saying "sorry, that was meant for current wife".  Then forwarded what I sent to ex to current explaining what I did and that she is married to a big, dumb animal. :bag:
were you playing any music while sending this?

George Costanza flashback today in a company-wide email from the (outgoing) head of HR expressing sympathies for a colleague whose wife died this past weekend.

"In lieu of flowers, donations in Mrs. ******’s name may be made to Howard County Human Society......."

A correction was sent a few minutes later with that pesky "e" attached to "Human."

Users who are viewing this thread