What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (13 Viewers)

I’m with you.  It’s lost its way.  How are you and the wife and kids?
Kids are great, thanks. 6.5, 4 and 1.5 years old so we have our hands full. Wife has had a rough stretch with her family though. Her dad flipped his truck in Dec, their house burned down a month or so ago and her uncle recently got very sick and passed last week. Hoping the "things come in 3's" are all done for a while.

In memory, da Umberto is the best Italian I've had period, including italy.

But it's been probably 20 years since I've eaten there, so no idea if it holds up or if I was just a dumb punk.
Is Lanza's still around? I used to got here about 40 years ago.

Kids are great, thanks. 6.5, 4 and 1.5 years old so we have our hands full. Wife has had a rough stretch with her family though. Her dad flipped his truck in Dec, their house burned down a month or so ago and her uncle recently got very sick and passed last week. Hoping the "things come in 3's" are all done for a while.
Yikes.  Hope things are turning around for them and that her dad is doing ok.

one of my 10 year old's friends came over the other day. kid normally has skater hair. long in the front so he's always brushing it out of his face.

his new 'do was so jarring that it made me gasp.

like someone took a bowl that went just below his eyebrows, cut all the way around as one does and then shaved the entire back half off. totally bald. so a half-bowl... i guess? it's terrifying.

Some TPWs my sister's and niece's way would be appreciated.  Same sister whose daughter had brain cancer several years ago (you may recall the head-shaving shot video).

Her daughter's husband (mid-50s, seemingly in decent health) had a massive brain bleed last night, 2 surgeries overnight and it was not sounding good as of this morning when she sent out the news. Probably looking at weeks in the hospital, but no updates on whether to expect permanent effects.

So of my sister's children:  Middle child died in a car accident when he was 22.  Youngest had the brain tumor when she was ~40; still alive but major short-term memory issues so is basically housebound and needs full time care.  And now her oldest child's husband with the aneurysm.  It's been over a span of 20+ years, but still.

Some TPWs my sister's and niece's way would be appreciated.  Same sister whose daughter had brain cancer several years ago (you may recall the head-shaving shot video).

Her daughter's husband (mid-50s, seemingly in decent health) had a massive brain bleed last night, 2 surgeries overnight and it was not sounding good as of this morning when she sent out the news. Probably looking at weeks in the hospital, but no updates on whether to expect permanent effects.

So of my sister's children:  Middle child died in a car accident when he was 22.  Youngest had the brain tumor when she was ~40; still alive but major short-term memory issues so is basically housebound and needs full time care.  And now her oldest child's husband with the aneurysm.  It's been over a span of 20+ years, but still.
Seeing your kids go through all that has to be awful.

Awful.  So sorry to hear.  Let us know as he progresses.

Damn

A good friend of mine's wife went through something similar to the husband. It's taken a few months but she's back home and is still making good progress, so the hope for recovery is there. Still sending thoprawishes your families way.

I'll be arriving in Kingston around 6:45 tomorrow evening if you want to get a margarita.
Yes!  I think...  I am hanging out with a friend in Everett tomorrow and should be back by then.  Hell, you and I might even end up on the same ferry.  I'll text you.

i don't get it either yet here we are
I"m not going to let this go, dan.

so anyways- had a morning meeting on site at the project that will likely get me fired (because we can't get the ####### permits). I head back to the office, picking up my lunch on the way (salad).. .park the citi-bike (share) and get within a block of my building- we're a block from the empire state building- due to fire and police having cordoned off a 2 block radius around my building. wtf. series of manhole cover explosion/fires. nobody answering the phone in the office... finally got a hold of a co-worker on his cell- everybody went home.

well, ok then. home I went. hung with floppinha at the playground across the street- answering emails on my phone. perfect spring day here in NYC. other than the imminent firing thing hanging over my head, pretty great day. 

1st - glad your day is going well El F.

2nd - worst case scenario - when I lost my last job, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Now, I am not wishing this upon you. Good luck in what you want - I think you can do it.

But, if the worst does happen - remember, it is not really the worst.

Have fun today.

Sorry to hear that.  Best wishes to everyone. 

Yes!  I think...  I am hanging out with a friend in Everett tomorrow and should be back by then.  Hell, you and I might even end up on the same ferry.  I'll text you.
I'll be over in Wenatchee and then West Wenatchee later on.  Screw Wenatchee Heights though.

Users who are viewing this thread