Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
General Malaise

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

11 hours ago, badmojo1006 said:

My daughter's bf just called me and asked if I would give my blessing to marry her. Very nice.

And yes I said OK.

He didn't have the balls to ask you in person?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, -fish- said:

Roverkid just finished packing to go to residential treatment tomorrow.   It's one of the saddest things I've ever seen.   She's cried a lot today.   I know this is the best thing I can do for her, but my heart is breaking.   

I'm so sorry for both of you. You both have to be emotionally exhausted.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

All my best to Roverkid.

:goodposting:

Really want kid and dad to catch a break... All the best to both of you. 

• Like 2

My condolences Grove and good luck and prayers to roverkid.

Breaks my heart when kids go through stuff like that. Hang in there, both of you.

checked her in today.   took hours.  her mom held it together until we left and then lost it.  I'm a wreck.   She had the option of calling tonight, but didn't.  I'm physically sick.

• Love 1
  • Sad 7

8 minutes ago, -fish- said:

checked her in today.   took hours.  her mom held it together until we left and then lost it.  I'm a wreck.   She had the option of calling tonight, but didn't.  I'm physically sick.

You need anything. Just call.   I can’t fathom what you’re going through.  Love to ya dude!

19 hours ago, -fish- said:

Sorry, bro.  

On 3/13/2019 at 2:45 AM, -fish- said:

woof. can't even imagine what you're going through- all the best, gb. 

also, it's k4's birthday. plus this guy :twothumbspointedatchest:

eta:

#metoo. 

my chizzlechest, not k4's.

Edited by El Floppo
  • Like 1

Just now, El Floppo said:

also, it's k4's birthday. plus this guy :twothumbspointedatchest:

eta:

#metoo. 

my chizzlechest, not k4's.

Happy new scarf day! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Probably going to do stand-up for the second time tonight.  Not quite sure though.  Also don't know which 5 minutes to do.

I have one on how absolutely hilarious this is. abandon all hope

Or maybe the bit about a couple arrested for including their dog in their sex life.

I'll see what the crowd is like before I decide.  You can pretty much spot a pro-dogsex crowd within about 3 minutes.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Caught some of Godfather 2 on AMC last night. I never noticed before that Willie Cicci (Clemenza's guy) looks like Danny Vermin

I noticed that once. Once 

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

11 hours ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Probably going to do stand-up for the second time tonight.  Not quite sure though.  Also don't know which 5 minutes to do.

The funny five minutes?

2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

If this were real, I would watch the #### out of this. 

https://youtu.be/E60pxpYVNCc

Not me, Squire.  I like my scotch single malt, my quads Belgian, and my Uncle Phils MORBIDLY OBESE just like god(small "G") intended.

(Also...was Will makin' out with his cousin in that thing?)

Edited by 5-ish Finkle
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

The funny five minutes?

Not me, Squire.  I like my scotch single malt, my quads Belgian, and my Uncle Phils MORBIDLY OBESE just like god(small "G") intended.

(Also...was Will makin' out with his cousin in that thing?)

Carlton? Probably. 

2 minutes ago, krista4 said:

How did it go?

Good.  Tonight there were two guys that weren’t there last week.  Both are pretty much the local “pros”.  Both are funny as hell.   Got good feedback from both.   The  really good one told my wife “that’s really only his second time?”

Again, I think my material is decent. It’s not outstanding but the last two bits I’ve done are some of the first things I’ve ever written.  

I’m really working on my timing/delivery.  It is getting better for sure. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Good.  Tonight there were two guys that weren’t there last week.  Both are pretty much the local “pros”.  Both are funny as hell.   Got good feedback from both.   The  really good one told my wife “that’s really only his second time?”

Again, I think my material is decent. It’s not outstanding but the last two bits I’ve done are some of the first things I’ve ever written.  

I’m really working on my timing/delivery.  It is getting better for sure. 

👍

Nice! 

roverkid called me today and was totally roverkid.  stoic as hell, but hitting all of her benchmarks.  went 7-2 on betting college basketball today.

one of her concerns was whether she'd be able to fill out a bracket.

• Like 13
  • Love 3

Just now, -fish- said:

roverkid called me today and was totally roverkid.  stoic as hell, but hitting all of her benchmarks.  went 7-2 on betting college basketball today.

one of her concerns was whether she'd be able to fill out a bracket.

Hey...

You’re still a great dad.

• Like 1

Vince in Virginia is getting ramrodded in the Meat Friday voting on Dan Patrick today

this is worse than when we toppled Diem

11 hours ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Again...I have YouTube links if you’re really interested.  Will only share via PM.

I'd like to check it out.

12 hours ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Again...I have YouTube links if you’re really interested.  Will only share via PM.

send it over

On 3/11/2019 at 11:10 PM, -fish- said:

thanks.  facility is in Edmonds.   I'm learning all of the information on the fly.   at this point, all exercise is off the table as she can't spare any calories.  we'll get her back and gambling on horses soon.  

I'm 25 minutes from Edmonds. No idea if I can be useful or not, but if I can you know how to get ahold of me. 

• Like 1

Flying back home to say goodbye to my grandmother who is hanging on in hospice. First time my daughter is flying since we brought her home from Taiwan when she was 1. She's been anxious about flying. We've now been at the airport for 6 hours, an hour and a half of which was spent on the plane before going back to the gate and deplaning thanks to a storm across PA. Neat.

• Sad 1

On 3/13/2019 at 1:45 AM, -fish- said:

Its going to be really hard for a while, but letting the pros do there work is the way to go. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

By bike?

Definitely not. Celebrating/mourning my exit from the bike industry this weekend, however. Start at a software company Monday. 

On 3/14/2019 at 11:21 AM, Officer Pete Malloy said:

I have one on how absolutely hilarious this is. abandon all hope

Or maybe the bit about a couple arrested for including their dog in their sex life.

I'll see what the crowd is like before I decide.  You can pretty much spot a pro-dogsex crowd within about 3 minutes.

Dibs on SIgnature when Joe re-allows them.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

New Irish bar opened in my town.  They have a band that turned the Pogues into a dirge and is now playing the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.   Leaving before I slit my wrists.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

2 hours ago, -fish- said:

New Irish bar opened in my town.  They have a band that turned the Pogues into a dirge and is now playing the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.   Leaving before I slit my wrists.

Should probably have slit the bands' on your way out.  Egads.

Day 2 of roof replacement.  The devastation yesterday was pretty impressive.  Not too much water damage resulting in just a few extra boards. Drip edge and shingles with cleanup happening today.  Should be interesting to see how ridge vents work versus the garbage box vents I had before.  My dog is not pleased with all of this.  I took her out for a cheeseburger yesterday, but she’s gonna want something more today.  

Edited by Osaurus
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

Day 2 of roof replacement.  The devastation yesterday was pretty impressive.  Not too much water damage resulting in just a few extra boards. Drip edge and shingles with cleanup happening today.  Should be interesting to see how ridge vents work versus the garbage box vents I had before.  My dog is not pleased with all of this.  I took her out for a cheeseburger yesterday, but she’s gonna want something more today.  

Do you have regular asphalt shingles or terra cotta?

47 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Do you have regular asphalt shingles or terra cotta?

Asphalt.  I would have gone raised seam, but the HOA doesn’t allow them.....yet.

11 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

Asphalt.  I would have gone raised seam, but the HOA doesn’t allow them.....yet.

Uh oh. Do I sense a "I Am Spartacus!" moment coming here?

12 hours ago, The Narrator said:

Definitely not. Celebrating/mourning my exit from the bike industry this weekend, however. Start at a software company Monday. 

You've had quite the diverse career path. Good luck!

26 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Uh oh. Do I sense a "I Am Spartacus!" moment coming here?

Mrs. O has challenged the HOA on many things such as rain barrels and artificial turf and won.  Only a matter of time before she champions another cause.

Just now, Osaurus said:

Mrs. O has challenged the HOA on many things such as rain barrels and artificial turf and won.  Only a matter of time before she champions another cause.

Can I borrow her to fight City Hall here?

I have a concrete stoop in front of my house. I wanted to put a little roof over it. Not extend the footprint of what's already there - just cover it. My town told me it went against their offset ordinance. On top of that, my sidewalk actually sticks out further, but I didn't want to cover that - just the 4x4 stoop so I'm not in the rain trying to open my door (plus, it would make the front of the house look better). I was all set to go to war, but ran out of gas and now it's like :shrug:

24 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Can I borrow her to fight City Hall here?

I have a concrete stoop in front of my house. I wanted to put a little roof over it. Not extend the footprint of what's already there - just cover it. My town told me it went against their offset ordinance. On top of that, my sidewalk actually sticks out further, but I didn't want to cover that - just the 4x4 stoop so I'm not in the rain trying to open my door (plus, it would make the front of the house look better). I was all set to go to war, but ran out of gas and now it's like :shrug:

That’s quite a pickle.  I’ll ask her.