What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (14 Viewers)

Damn. I'll probably be doing Fremont St. that Friday night.  That's what the initial itinerary says.  Gotta do a wedding on Saturday.  
I’ll be down at Bellagio seeing O with friends Friday night. PM me when we all get there. Maybe we can grab a drink.

I’ll be down at Bellagio seeing O with friends Friday night. PM me when we all get there. Maybe we can grab a drink.
I'll be grabbing drinks from the evening of 10/23 through the afternoon of 10/28. Anyone desiring Kev-adjacent drinking should hit me up  :suds:

This is my favorite time of the year, the local college radio station has a new set of students on the air for the first time.  It is unintentional comedy at its finest.  Dead air after songs or songs that never actually play, hot mics during a song, reading news stories and too nervous so they skip words, trying to pronounce hockey players names and horribly butchering them (pretty sure one girl last year just fake coughed in the middle of one name).    

@Aaron Rudnicki

cherry juice it up?
Yeah, and we've got a couple packs of dried cherries in the cabinet that I'll snack on more.  

I've had a few times in the past where my big toe would randomly hurt for half a day on one foot or the other. No redness or swelling that I noticed, and I tried to attribute it to my shoes or stepping off a curb "wrong" and getting a light sprain. Friday night I got home from work, took my shoes off and could barely walk around the house.  Noticeable swelling (but still no redness) so I went to urgent care on Saturday and got the diagnosis.

Not sure why this flareup was so much worse than before, although August/September are bigger drinking months for me than most, with a few beer festivals and family get-togethers, so that might have played a part.  And I've probably been getting a bit more sugar/sweets than I should lately.

Researched all the dietary stuff. I shouldn't have any trouble avoiding organ/game meats, or limiting sugary drinks and refined starches.  Limiting fish and shellfish kinda sucks, and damned if I'm giving up beer/booze altogether, so I'll work around it best I can.

Yeah, and we've got a couple packs of dried cherries in the cabinet that I'll snack on more.  

I've had a few times in the past where my big toe would randomly hurt for half a day on one foot or the other. No redness or swelling that I noticed, and I tried to attribute it to my shoes or stepping off a curb "wrong" and getting a light sprain. Friday night I got home from work, took my shoes off and could barely walk around the house.  Noticeable swelling (but still no redness) so I went to urgent care on Saturday and got the diagnosis.

Not sure why this flareup was so much worse than before, although August/September are bigger drinking months for me than most, with a few beer festivals and family get-togethers, so that might have played a part.  And I've probably been getting a bit more sugar/sweets than I should lately.

Researched all the dietary stuff. I shouldn't have any trouble avoiding organ/game meats, or limiting sugary drinks and refined starches.  Limiting fish and shellfish kinda sucks, and damned if I'm giving up beer/booze altogether, so I'll work around it best I can.
mix more water in to your daily routine. gout is a buildup of uric acid. gotta clean the pipes :oldunsure: more often to at least help mitigate the flare ups.

mix more water in to your daily routine. gout is a buildup of uric acid. gotta clean the pipes :oldunsure: more often to at least help mitigate the flare ups.
Yeah I drink water almost exclusively aside from coffee in the AM (which is also supposed to be good for gout), and a beer with dinner a couple times a week. I almost always have a glass of ice water handy.  I'll need to make sure I drink/refill more often.

Yeah I drink water almost exclusively aside from coffee in the AM (which is also supposed to be good for gout), and a beer with dinner a couple times a week. I almost always have a glass of ice water handy.  I'll need to make sure I drink/refill more often.
good luck. been a while since i've had a flare up but holymother####er do i know that hurt. have actually considered just taking the whole toe off.

This is my favorite time of the year, the local college radio station has a new set of students on the air for the first time.  It is unintentional comedy at its finest.  Dead air after songs or songs that never actually play, hot mics during a song, reading news stories and too nervous so they skip words, trying to pronounce hockey players names and horribly butchering them (pretty sure one girl last year just fake coughed in the middle of one name).    
You in Urbana?

1. I used to live in Naperville

2. "drinking beer with my ####ed up friends." I'm guessing you'll get that.

3. I used to piss off one of my U of I graduate friends who would say things like, "When I was in Champaign..." and I'd cut her off with, "You don't live in France. You live in Illinois. It's Sparkling Wine-Urbana."  I might have been going for that low-hanging fruit here.  Yes, spelling.  I know.

Well that doesn't clear anything up...unless I'm missing something Bart was talking about stuff in the DTV thread that made me think Bob handed the keys off to someone else.
I see what you mean.  That doesn't seem like SLB. No idea who has the keys.

Anyone tried this Pura spiked water stuff?   Someone told me it was good, so I bought a case at costco.   It's just water with alcohol in it and a little mango flavoring.   I don't think I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread