What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (19 Viewers)

My wife...I swear...

She signed out dogs up for Bark Box about 6 months ago.  Turns out, shockingly,  it was a waste of money.  The dogs won’t play with the toys, they like the treats but they’re pretty chintzy with the portion sizes, and they show no interest in the newsletter/comics.

So she goes to cancel the subscription online.  Of course the company wants to know why.  Is she checked “trying to budget” they would offer up a new plan. If she said that the dogs didn’t like the toys, they would suggest a different box with just treats.

Finally she just checked off the box that our dog died.  That worked.

Yesterday we got a sympathy card from Bark Box.

I have many  tales from my hospital stay but this one has to be my favorite...

I was discharged Thursday morning about 9:30.  I couldn’t wait to GTFO But there was a lot of “hurry up and wait” involved.

My discharge nurse was sweet as can be but not the sharpest knife in the six pack.  

Eventually we’re waiting for our car to be pulled around.  I’m sitting in a wheelchair.

Keep in mind I’ve got an incision from the top part of my ear down my jaw almost as far down as my Adam’s apple. I’ve averaged about 3 hours of sleep a day for 3 days (usually in 20 minute increments). My throat is killing me because a biopsy was also done there (negative still).  One side of my face is barely working thanks to temporary nerve damage.  Oh and my stomach is all jacked up thanks to a combination of opioids, stool softeners, and food that I could barely chew.

So as were waiting for the car the nurse asks my wife and I (totally serious) “So...you guys got big plans for the weekend?”

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife...I swear...

She signed out dogs up for Bark Box about 6 months ago.  Turns out, shockingly,  it was a waste of money.  The dogs won’t play with the toys, they like the treats but they’re pretty chintzy with the portion sizes, and they show no interest in the newsletter/comics.

So she goes to cancel the subscription online.  Of course the company wants to know why.  Is she checked “trying to budget” they would offer up a new plan. If she said that the dogs didn’t like the toys, they would suggest a different box with just treats.

Finally she just checked off the box that our dog died.  That worked.

Yesterday we got a sympathy card from Bark Box.
Pupbox specializes in sending squeaky toys that squeak at just the right pitch to incite migraines AND at the same time are irresistible to dogs. Must squeak incessantly.  I'm gonna feel a little guilty throwing them away or de-squeakerizing them.  But the sweet relief will be so worth it.

Pupbox specializes in sending squeaky toys that squeak at just the right pitch to incite migraines AND at the same time are irresistible to dogs. Must squeak incessantly.  I'm gonna feel a little guilty throwing them away or de-squeakerizing them.  But the sweet relief will be so worth it.
Clearly you don't have a dachshund. Squeakers last about 30 seconds around here.

last time i used a chainsaw it kicked back at me and nearly gave me an Omar

so today i sawed a tree most of the way down with a bow saw.  next time i'll risk my face and save the time.

Anyone tried this Pura spiked water stuff?   Someone told me it was good, so I bought a case at costco.   It's just water with alcohol in it and a little mango flavoring.   I don't think I like it.
i was a touch hung over after the opening monday night football game this year.  i drank a white claw and some other sparkling water booze.  both sucked.  neither really helped with my hang over.  HTH

I have many  tales from my hospital stay but this one has to be my favorite...

I was discharged Thursday morning about 9:30.  I couldn’t wait to GTFO But there was a lot of “hurry up and wait” involved.

My discharge nurse was sweet as can be but not the sharpest knife in the six pack.  

Eventually we’re waiting for our car to be pulled around.  I’m sitting in a wheelchair.

Keep in mind I’ve got an incision from the top part of my ear down my jaw almost as far down as my Adam’s apple. I’ve averaged about 3 hours of sleep a day for 3 days (usually in 20 minute increments). My throat is killing me because a biopsy was also done there (negative still).  One side of my face is barely working thanks to temporary nerve damage.  Oh and my stomach is all jacked up thanks to a combination of opioids, stool softeners, and food that I could barely chew.

So as were waiting for the car the nurse asks my wife and I (totally serious) “So...you guys got big plans for the weekend?”
did they fix your face?

I have a laptop that I like that I use primarily for work.  That means I take it to court, to depositions, and to meetings.   The problem is that a part on the top part of the case (the palm rest, I think it's called) broke, so the case is separating, which messes up the hinge to the screen and moves the power supply out of alignment so when you plug it in it doesn't work.   I was going to order a new top and bottom, but realized it's not that easy, plus nobody sells a replacement palm rest that fits that has a fingerprint reader like I have.   The way it is messed up, every time you open the screen the misaligned hinge puts pressure on the case and forces the case open.

The temporary fix is black duct tape, only it needs to be really tight, or the case is loose enough that the guts don't align and it won't charge.  So I have to re-do this kludge once a week.   Short of paying someone to put the guts of my laptop into a different case, anyone have a better solution?

Look on E-Bay for a dead one of the same exact model?

other than that, maybe it’s time for a new laptop (coming from the guy rocking a 2005 CRV that develops a troubling new engine noise every other week).

I have a laptop that I like that I use primarily for work.  That means I take it to court, to depositions, and to meetings.   The problem is that a part on the top part of the case (the palm rest, I think it's called) broke, so the case is separating, which messes up the hinge to the screen and moves the power supply out of alignment so when you plug it in it doesn't work.   I was going to order a new top and bottom, but realized it's not that easy, plus nobody sells a replacement palm rest that fits that has a fingerprint reader like I have.   The way it is messed up, every time you open the screen the misaligned hinge puts pressure on the case and forces the case open.

The temporary fix is black duct tape, only it needs to be really tight, or the case is loose enough that the guts don't align and it won't charge.  So I have to re-do this kludge once a week.   Short of paying someone to put the guts of my laptop into a different case, anyone have a better solution?
Just go buy a new one. I usually go through a laptop every 8-16 months, but the one I have now is ####ed after only about six months. 

Anyway, they're like tvs. When they break, buy a new one.

Just go buy a new one. I usually go through a laptop every 8-16 months, but the one I have now is ####ed after only about six months. 

A laptop should last longer than that.  What brands have you bought?

I'd have to either move all of the #### on it over or pay someone to do it.   it's just the cheap plastic case that's non-functional; the computer itself is great and has a ton of my stuff just the way I want it.   

I'm sure this has been done there done that before, but a search led me to mostly wagging on about hoarding CC points, so I figured I'd come here. I need airfare from Philly to Minneapolis i 3 weeks. What's the cheapest/easiest way to go?

TIA

I'm sure this has been done there done that before, but a search led me to mostly wagging on about hoarding CC points, so I figured I'd come here. I need airfare from Philly to Minneapolis i 3 weeks. What's the cheapest/easiest way to go?

TIA
Sign up for the premium version of Tinder.   Find a desperate rich chick in Minneapolis.  Have her fly you there.  

I'd have to either move all of the #### on it over or pay someone to do it.   it's just the cheap plastic case that's non-functional; the computer itself is great and has a ton of my stuff just the way I want it.   
I'm sure it could all be downloaded to a flash drive for about $20.

And you should do that anyway.

Sign up for the premium version of Tinder.   Find a desperate rich chick in Minneapolis.  Have her fly you there.  
Hmmmm... Interesting strategy, but Mrs Simsarge and 2 Simprivates tagging along would seem to present something of a deterrent to its success. 

won't transfer the software licenses, and I don't want to repurchase office, adobe, etc.   
Why can't you transfer the licenses? Office can be OEM'd, meaning tied to that machine only, but adobe is very unlikely to have been. You can get and Office 365 sub pretty cheap since you have a daughter in school. And just get a new laptop and use a thumb drive to transfer stuff. It will likely cost you more $$ with a greater than 50% chance that whomever replaces the case will f it up and you'll have to buy another one anyway.

won't transfer the software licenses, and I don't want to repurchase office, adobe, etc.   
Haven't done it in a while but there used to be tools to "ghost" (clone) a hard drive - copies at the hardware level, so all system software, licenses, etc. would copy over.  If it's not something you'd want to tackle, a local computer shop would probably do it pretty cheaply.

Users who are viewing this thread