Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
General Malaise

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

4 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I stopped by to see Mr Krista at work since he’s never home and am hanging at the bar drinking more than I should.  

Two dumdums next to me pulled out a box of Trivial Pursuit cards.  She asked him some question about the 1980 Presidential election.  His answer:  Eisenhower.

LOL!

Ike lost in teh primaries that year ... dummies.

• Laughing 1

David Eisenhower has a really good show on PBS, the name of which I can't recall right now because I'm at the bar and in love with at least two bartenders 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Update:  lady just as dumb as dude.

Question was what company did...something...answer was Yahoo.

Her answer:  “Minnesota.”

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3
  • Thinking 1

Oh!  Now she just termed Blazing Saddles “the most offensive movie I’ve ever seen in my life.”

Just now, krista4 said:

Oh!  Now she just termed Blazing Saddles “the most offensive movie I’ve ever seen in my life.”

HOLY ####!  They were just trying to name the “Jewish guy” who made that movie and said “Tom Cruise.”

• Like 1
  • Laughing 4

27 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I stopped by to see Mr Krista at work since he’s never home and am hanging at the bar drinking more than I should.  

Two dumdums next to me pulled out a box of Trivial Pursuit cards.  She asked him some question about the 1980 Presidential election.  His answer:  Eisenhower.

I....I....never mind

• Laughing 2

4 minutes ago, krista4 said:

3 minutes ago, krista4 said:

HOLY ####!  They were just trying to name the “Jewish guy” who made that movie and said “Tom Cruise.”

I’d have stabbed someone with the garnish knife by now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 3

Just now, OrtonToOlsen said:

I’d have stabbed someone with the garnish knife by now.

When I told them Mel Brooks, they said, “Ahhh, you must think we’re stupid.”  I remained silent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 3

🤔

10 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Question was what company did...something...answer was Yahoo.

Something? Answer = Yahoo?

Is this Jeopardy of or TP?

I'm confused.

Edited by Man of Constant Sorrow
err

2 minutes ago, krista4 said:

When I told them Mel Brooks, they said, “Ahhh, you must think we’re stupid.”  I remained silent.

A couple of weeks ago I was visiting my mom in the hospital after her hip surgery.  Mom and I were talking and watching baseball.  The woman in the other bed (early 60s) was watching Jeopardy with her 40ish daughter.

The volume was down pretty low but I could see her TV from where I was sitting.  I was mentally answering the questions as they came up.

The woman and her daughter were just watching.  Maybe every fourth question one of them would take a very bad guess.  

Eventually one of them said “Who would know this crap?”

Me:  https://images.app.goo.gl/eBQmuAqfji4dMKf57

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 1

8 hours ago, krista4 said:

“No, I don’t THINK you’re stupid...”

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

8 hours ago, krista4 said:

This would actually be great schtick. Go out to a crowded place with someone and start playing Trivial Pursuit badly to see if you can drive the people around you insane.

Friend: What is the capital of New Mexico?

Me: Washington DC

Friend: Huh, no, this says it’s Santa Fe.

Me: Weird. Maybe it’s an old version before 9/11 or something.

Friend nods.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

9 hours ago, krista4 said:

or this

• Like 3

Have you ever gotten on a conference call, then were struck with the urge to defecate? Twenty minutes of hell. I hope they didn't detect the strain in my voice, or hear the rumblings of my colon Krakatoa. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Have you ever gotten on a conference call, then were struck with the urge to defecate? Twenty minutes of hell. I hope they didn't detect the strain in my voice, or hear the rumblings of my colon Krakatoa. 

I’ve been on a conference call while defecating. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, berndog said:

I’ve been on a conference call while defecating. 🤷‍♂️

Mute button is a good friend of mine.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2019 at 8:15 PM, krista4 said:

:lmao:

1 hour ago, Osaurus said:

Mute button is a good friend of mine.

Although, if forced to speak, bathrooms tend to add a very specific echo to the audio.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ron Swanson said:

Although, if forced to speak, bathrooms tend to add a very specific echo to the audio.

Agreed. If possible when I’m in the bathroom, I leave the door open. Acoustically it’s a little better 

On 11/2/2019 at 9:45 PM, krista4 said:

Was the question: What election marked the 21st anniversary of Eisenhower's death?

Edited by cosjobs

My wife just kind of fell for a scam where her own phone number called her.....

She declined to comment but freaking logged into a link they texted her.... SMH

WHY WOULD YOUR OWN PHONE NUMBER BE CALLING YOU$@#@#@#$@!#$RWE

I have no idea what the end game here is/would be BUT Verizon said everything looks ok right now

Edited by belljr
  • Laughing 1

hi brohans i am just here for my regular page 1661 check in i hope that you are all doing well in this thanksgiving season and taking it to the bank and i hope that you all keep on keepin on take that to the bank brochachos 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, kevzilla said:

Multiple times in the past few weeks at work I’ve gone into the restroom and people have been having full on business conversations while going to the bathroom. I don’t get it. It’s disgusting. I made sure to rip a nasty one when one guy was on his phone at the urinal. Yeah, that’s right, your client now thinks you’re dropping turds while on the phone with them you nasty stankbutt.

• Laughing 1

3 hours ago, belljr said:

My wife just kind of fell for a scam where her own phone number called her.....

She declined to comment but freaking logged into a link they texted her.... SMH

WHY WOULD YOUR OWN PHONE NUMBER BE CALLING YOU$@#@#@#$@!#$RWE

I have no idea what the end game here is/would be BUT Verizon said everything looks ok right now

I had you on speaker and everyone was saying how mean you were being

:mellow:.  Well for future reference your voicemail will never call you.

I help with IT and I tell people not too...

ok dear...

5 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

Multiple times in the past few weeks at work I’ve gone into the restroom and people have been having full on business conversations while going to the bathroom. I don’t get it. It’s disgusting. I made sure to rip a nasty one when one guy was on his phone at the urinal. Yeah, that’s right, your client now thinks you’re dropping turds while on the phone with them you nasty stankbutt.

1000% this.  BEYOND weird.  What's even worse is the guys who do it at the effing urinal.   You know, the ones that want to keep chatting about that morning's stand up while letting it hang.

I don't go to the men's room to socialize, bruh.  I go there to dook.  Whatever it is, it isn't so gaddam important that it can't wait until your #### isn't in your hand any more.   STOP TALKING TO ME, PERV.

Edited by 5-ish Finkle
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

If I hear that - and i'm able I just constantly flush

1 hour ago, belljr said:

If I hear that - and i'm able I just constantly flush

Men's room at our office is extremely "echo-y". If I hear that when I enter I'll go into a stall next to that talker to whizz (if it's available), stand as far away from the bowl as I can, and arch that ##### into the water to make as much noise as is urethra-ly possible.  Hope your client enjoys the dulcet tones of Urinary Falls while you talk about "what brown can do for them."

Take the call outside, Connor.  This room is for dropping deuces, not picking up contracts.

Edited by 5-ish Finkle

if'n i'm correct this whole millenials vs boomers thing is grandkids hating their grandparents, correct?

they skipped right past hating their parents to go after their grandparents?

this feels like an entirely new thing. when i was a kid we were angry at our parents.. but our grandparents (mine were born in the teens to 30s) were beloved. they grew up in an environment entirely different than mine with radically different ideas about how the world worked & they weren't shy about defending it but never, ever, ever would that have come between grandchildren and grandparents.

this is weird. guess i realized that my grandparents came from a totally different generation, their ideas were fitting for their time but no longer relevant and it didn't matter to me because the future was mine (ours).

this whole fighting back against people 2 generations older reeks of being mad at the girl you want to like you because she watches Murder She Wrote and you want her to be in to anime.

1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

if'n i'm correct this whole millenials vs boomers thing is grandkids hating their grandparents, correct?

they skipped right past hating their parents to go after their grandparents?

this feels like an entirely new thing. when i was a kid we were angry at our parents.. but our grandparents (mine were born in the teens to 30s) were beloved. they grew up in an environment entirely different than mine with radically different ideas about how the world worked & they weren't shy about defending it but never, ever, ever would that have come between grandchildren and grandparents.

this is weird. guess i realized that my grandparents came from a totally different generation, their ideas were fitting for their time but no longer relevant and it didn't matter to me because the future was mine (ours).

this whole fighting back against people 2 generations older reeks of being mad at the girl you want to like you because she watches Murder She Wrote and you want her to be in to anime.

I think it's more because boomers suck.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, -fish- said:

i'm open to this idea but maybe more tired of "millenials" blaming everyone and everything for anything and everything

hey, i get it, the world is a big scary place and everything sucks blah blah blah 

not sure how to take a selfie and make a meme of that but if i could i'd post it to all my social media sites with a caption about how much boomers suck

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

i'm open to this idea but maybe more tired of "millenials" blaming everyone and everything for anything and everything

hey, i get it, the world is a big scary place and everything sucks blah blah blah 

not sure how to take a selfie and make a meme of that but if i could i'd post it to all my social media sites with a caption about how much boomers suck

I think this is why millennials are fed up. They keep getting blamed for everything and are constantly the target of ridicule and derision from older folks. But they aren’t the ones that have polluted the planet. They’re not the ones that created a system that “requires” a college degree that costs $150k to get a piece of paper just to get any decent office job. They’re not the ones that have made housing virtually unaffordable for many. They’re not the ones that have screwed up the healthcare system to the point where you either just go without healthcare or you end up being saddled with tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars of medical bills if something catastrophic happens. They’re not the ones who racked up trillions and trillions of dollars of government debt. Etc, etc. 

The advent of social media and smart phones has radically changed our world in an unbelievably short amount of time, so it’s not a surprise that cultural divides are widening between an older generation that grew up without any of that and a younger generation that grew up always knowing that stuff.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, -fish- said:

finger

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

I think this is why millennials are fed up. They keep getting blamed for everything and are constantly the target of ridicule and derision from older folks. But they aren’t the ones that have polluted the planet. They’re not the ones that created a system that “requires” a college degree that costs $150k to get a piece of paper just to get any decent office job. They’re not the ones that have made housing virtually unaffordable for many. They’re not the ones that have screwed up the healthcare system to the point where you either just go without healthcare or you end up being saddled with tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars of medical bills if something catastrophic happens. They’re not the ones who racked up trillions and trillions of dollars of government debt. Etc, etc. 

The advent of social media and smart phones has radically changed our world in an unbelievably short amount of time, so it’s not a surprise that cultural divides are widening between an older generation that grew up without any of that and a younger generation that grew up always knowing that stuff.

eh, it's not just the boomers who did these things though.

it pre-dates them. sure their parents celebrated beating the Germans by having 11 kids each and that put a tremendous strain on the system but, hell, that's just how it worked out :shrug:.

yeah a lot should have been done differently but that's hindsight being 20/20.  plastics were a massive revolution. sure it turns out that it pollutes the hell out of the environment but nobody really realized that until it was too late.  something this generation is doing that they think is amazeballsthebesthingevr!2!121! will be a massive detriment to their grandkids  :shrug: and some things every generation does will be a massive leap forward for humanity.

hell, Gen X gave us never-ending war.. wholeheartedly. and, oops, that's a bad idea.  

we'll see.. millenials will have their time to be blamed for some massively moronic mistake that they didn't do enough to prevent. it's just a matter of what that will be and when it manifests.

30 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

This boomer-millennial feud is terribly misguided. It's you Genexers who really suck.

Fortunately none of us give a damn.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

Fortunately none of us give a damn.

they're animals anyway, so let them lose their souls.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

This boomer-millennial feud is terribly misguided. It's you Genexers who really suck.

We got screwed by boomers too, and we have very little effect on millennials (except for those of us that date down in age a decade or two).  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

eh, it's not just the boomers who did these things though.

it pre-dates them. sure their parents celebrated beating the Germans by having 11 kids each and that put a tremendous strain on the system but, hell, that's just how it worked out :shrug:.

yeah a lot should have been done differently but that's hindsight being 20/20.  plastics were a massive revolution. sure it turns out that it pollutes the hell out of the environment but nobody really realized that until it was too late.  something this generation is doing that they think is amazeballsthebesthingevr!2!121! will be a massive detriment to their grandkids  :shrug: and some things every generation does will be a massive leap forward for humanity.

hell, Gen X gave us never-ending war.. wholeheartedly. and, oops, that's a bad idea.  

we'll see.. millenials will have their time to be blamed for some massively moronic mistake that they didn't do enough to prevent. it's just a matter of what that will be and when it manifests.

Nope.  That was boomers too.   

• Like 2

Question for people that know anything about health insurance:  Roverkid's concussion/eating disorder treatment spanned 2018/19, with the residential treatment portion occuring March-May 2019.  They told me insurance would cover all but $6,000.   I never got a bill.

Premera Blue Cross has now withdrawn from my county, so I just got new insurance off of the exchange.   Same coverage, lower rate (thanks, Obama).   Can I expect a bill for the $6,000 at some random date in the future?

3 minutes ago, -fish- said:

well, they were in power for Vietnam and then we had a break until Desert Storm at least.... but i see what you're saying.. it was their idea to fire up the war bus in the early 90s and keep it rolling.

Just now, mr. furley said:

well, they were in power for Vietnam and then we had a break until Desert Storm at least.... but i see what you're saying.. it was their idea to fire up the war bus in the early 90s and keep it rolling.

Boomers weren't in power in Vietnam.  They were the ones taking acid in colleges or getting killed in the war.   Boomers brought us just about everything since then.  

Genxers are the first generation in America who were worse off than the generation before us, because the boomers are like locusts that consumed everything in sight and left nothing for future generations.  I look forward to not collecting social security when they bankrupt the system.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Boomers weren't in power in Vietnam.  They were the ones taking acid in colleges or getting killed in the war.   Boomers brought us just about everything since then.  

Genxers are the first generation in America who were worse off than the generation before us, because the boomers are like locusts that consumed everything in sight and left nothing for future generations.  I look forward to not collecting social security when they bankrupt the system.

yea.. nevermind what i said. i'm apparently all ####ed up today  :oldunsure: 

i wish my cousin George was here, he knows these things!

Edited by mr. furley

21 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Nope, the greatest generation started it

I have a lot to say about inter-generational conflicts but, despite my earlier joke about you low-rent, cynical, smug, hyper-critical, overly opinionated Gen Xers, I don't think this is the thread for a real discussion about this issue. Feelings could get hurt and that not why were here.

Oh yeah, you dress badly, too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

i feel personally attacked

maybe rightly but attacked nonetheless  :coffee:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

I have a lot to say about inter-generational conflicts but, despite my earlier joke about you low-rent, cynical, smug, hyper-critical, overly opinionated Gen Xers, I don't think this is the thread for a real discussion about this issue. Feelings could get hurt and that not why were here.

You know why I dress badly?  Because I work from home.   Why do I work from home?  Because boomers took all the jobs and I had to create my own.   

• Like 1