Well, now my feelings are indeed hurt.

ok boomer

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3

3 hours ago, -fish- said:

ok boomer

llz

8 hours ago, roadkill1292 said:

This boomer-millennial feud is terribly misguided. It's you Genexers who really suck.

We try

7 hours ago, -fish- said:

Question for people that know anything about health insurance:  Roverkid's concussion/eating disorder treatment spanned 2018/19, with the residential treatment portion occuring March-May 2019.  They told me insurance would cover all but $6,000.   I never got a bill.

Premera Blue Cross has now withdrawn from my county, so I just got new insurance off of the exchange.   Same coverage, lower rate (thanks, Obama).   Can I expect a bill for the $6,000 at some random date in the future?

I'm not an insurance expert, but I was billed an additional amount (they said they got my original bill wrong) over a year after I got the stitches.  It wouldn't surprise me if you got that bill a while from now, probably sometime after you forget about it. 

12 hours ago, mr. furley said:

if'n i'm correct this whole millenials vs boomers thing is grandkids hating their grandparents, correct?

they skipped right past hating their parents to go after their grandparents?

this feels like an entirely new thing. when i was a kid we were angry at our parents.. but our grandparents (mine were born in the teens to 30s) were beloved. they grew up in an environment entirely different than mine with radically different ideas about how the world worked & they weren't shy about defending it but never, ever, ever would that have come between grandchildren and grandparents.

this is weird. guess i realized that my grandparents came from a totally different generation, their ideas were fitting for their time but no longer relevant and it didn't matter to me because the future was mine (ours).

this whole fighting back against people 2 generations older reeks of being mad at the girl you want to like you because she watches Murder She Wrote and you want her to be in to anime.

Millenials think anyone over 40 is a "boomer".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RC94 said:
9 hours ago, -fish- said:

Question for people that know anything about health insurance:  Roverkid's concussion/eating disorder treatment spanned 2018/19, with the residential treatment portion occuring March-May 2019.  They told me insurance would cover all but $6,000.   I never got a bill.

Premera Blue Cross has now withdrawn from my county, so I just got new insurance off of the exchange.   Same coverage, lower rate (thanks, Obama).   Can I expect a bill for the $6,000 at some random date in the future?

I'm not an insurance expert, but I was billed an additional amount (they said they got my original bill wrong) over a year after I got the stitches.  It wouldn't surprise me if you got that bill a while from now, probably sometime after you forget about it. 

Yeah, you're not wrong. As someone who is in the business of getting doctors paid, I can tell you that patient balances can get hung up sometimes. Our software has a "feature" that allows you to just turn off patient statements, regardless of balance. Some of our patients are living outdoors, and it doesn't make sense to print a statement and try to send it to 1111 Unknown Addr, Austin, TX 78758. It's just a check box, among others. Stuff happens.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kevzilla said:

Yeah, you're not wrong. As someone who is in the business of getting doctors paid, I can tell you that patient balances can get hung up sometimes. Our software has a "feature" that allows you to just turn off patient statements, regardless of balance. Some of our patients are living outdoors, and it doesn't make sense to print a statement and try to send it to 1111 Unknown Addr, Austin, TX 78758. It's just a check box, among others. Stuff happens.

working in a business that has similar'ish "features", this happens all the time.

people flip a switch, mis-code a field, etc. and a client statement doesn't go out. or they don't get billed for months. 

suffice it to say, auditors/the recon people will find it and they will come knocking.

21 hours ago, roadkill1292 said:

This boomer-millennial feud is terribly misguided. It's you Genexers who really suck.

:bye:

Note to the smokeshow at the gym: I certainly don't have a problem with your half-shirt, and if you want to jump rope, fine. Combining those two things, though, is probably not the best idea you're going to have today.

• Like 3

I respectfully disagree until I see visual evidence to the contrary.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kevzilla said:

Note to the smokeshow at the gym: I certainly don't have a problem with your half-shirt, and if you want to jump rope, fine. Combining those two things, though, is probably not the best idea you're going to have today.

I don't know...I'd allow it

• Like 1

tl;dr:  how do i make spam debt collection calls stop when i have no debt and these calls are meant for someone else?

have a phone plan through Republic Wireless. that means my phone is actually backed up by a (now) T-Mobile phone number.

not entirely sure how it works but when i first got on Republic the phone numbers were backed by Sprint and i knew that Sprint ph#.  essentially Sprint doles out expired/unused phone numbers to companies like Republic for use on Sprint towers.

the downside to this is that some people/businesses, etc. don't know that the Sprint number they are calling is dead/unused and actually routing to a Republic phone number that's totally unrelated in any way.

i would get all kinds of weird calls. primarily prescription renewals for a woman named Ruth. sometimes people would leave vm's (because i just let the vm be automated) for things like dinner plans with grandma, etc.

now for the last several months (i believe since the changeover to T-Mobile towers/phone backups) i'm getting debt collection calls. the first time i got one i immediately marked the number as spam so that calls from the number go straight to vm and are marked as "missed call - spam".

the agency must be spoofing phone numbers but they are originating from the same 1-800 source because i'm getting calls and vm's almost daily marked "spam" from various phone numbers. not sure how that all works but i want these calls to stop. these calls are definitely meant for some ####### who signed up for some service with a burner phone that he/she is no longer tied to.

i don't have any debt outside of a mortgage and those payments are current.

about 20 years ago i got hounded by a debt collector after an insured accident in a rental so i know that answering these calls is a terrible idea. marking them as spam is great in that i can ignore the calls but i'd like them to just cease.

is it even possible to make that happen? is there a service that can make these calls stop?

Edited by mr. furley

2 hours ago, mr. furley said:

tl;dr:  how do i make spam debt collection calls stop when i have no debt and these calls are meant for someone else?

have a phone plan through Republic Wireless. that means my phone is actually backed up by a (now) T-Mobile phone number.

not entirely sure how it works but when i first got on Republic the phone numbers were backed by Sprint and i knew that Sprint ph#.  essentially Sprint doles out expired/unused phone numbers to companies like Republic for use on Sprint towers.

the downside to this is that some people/businesses, etc. don't know that the Sprint number they are calling is dead/unused and actually routing to a Republic phone number that's totally unrelated in any way.

i would get all kinds of weird calls. primarily prescription renewals for a woman named Ruth. sometimes people would leave vm's (because i just let the vm be automated) for things like dinner plans with grandma, etc.

now for the last several months (i believe since the changeover to T-Mobile towers/phone backups) i'm getting debt collection calls. the first time i got one i immediately marked the number as spam so that calls from the number go straight to vm and are marked as "missed call - spam".

the agency must be spoofing phone numbers but they are originating from the same 1-800 source because i'm getting calls and vm's almost daily marked "spam" from various phone numbers. not sure how that all works but i want these calls to stop. these calls are definitely meant for some ####### who signed up for some service with a burner phone that he/she is no longer tied to.

i don't have any debt outside of a mortgage and those payments are current.

about 20 years ago i got hounded by a debt collector after an insured accident in a rental so i know that answering these calls is a terrible idea. marking them as spam is great in that i can ignore the calls but i'd like them to just cease.

is it even possible to make that happen? is there a service that can make these calls stop?

Talk to them.   Get all the information you can from them.   Then tell them you've hired a lawyer and are going to file a claim under the Fair Debt Collection Act, so every time they call you will cost them $1,000.   Follow up with a letter telling them to never call your number again with the same threat.  You can find form letters online.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Talk to them.   Get all the information you can from them.   Then tell them you've hired a lawyer and are going to file a claim under the Fair Debt Collection Act, so every time they call you will cost them $1,000.   Follow up with a letter telling them to never call your number again with the same threat.  You can find form letters online.

sweet! 

thanks for the tip

1 minute ago, mr. furley said:

sweet! 

thanks for the tip

Try to get the name of the company, the name of the person calling you, the source of the debt they're trying to collect, the name of the debtor, and the address of the collection company.   It's very likely they'll just hang up on you when you start asking these questions.  

FDCA claims are pretty simple to do, but you have to check the boxes, including sending a letter asking to verify the debt.   If they call you once you've initiated the process, they risk fines for every contact.    

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Try to get the name of the company, the name of the person calling you, the source of the debt they're trying to collect, the name of the debtor, and the address of the collection company.   It's very likely they'll just hang up on you when you start asking these questions.  

FDCA claims are pretty simple to do, but you have to check the boxes, including sending a letter asking to verify the debt.   If they call you once you've initiated the process, they risk fines for every contact.    

for anyone else, this FAQ is helpful:  https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/debt-collection-faqs

• Like 2

WARNING:  FANTASY FOOTBALL CONTENT BELOW

I still play magic football in a league that was started 20+ years ago.   I've been stuck with being the commish for the last 4 years.  Last year we got a new owner who I don't know.   Last year, he was fine.   Active and finished middle of the pack.

We do FAAB for waivers.   I noticed a couple weeks ago that this guy hasn't spent a single dollar, which I found strange.   So I looked at his transactions.   He didn't make his first roster move until week 8, and he's made a total of 6 since then.   All $0 free agents. 

His team is good and he's 5-4 and in contention for a wild card, so I couldn't figure out what the hell he was doing.   It bugged me for a couple of days, then I realized he only makes moves on Saturdays.   He can't spend his FAAB because waivers run on Tuesday, and since all the top waiver picks are gone by then, the only moves he's made were to cover an injury and two bye weeks.   It's like the opposite of the sabbath. 

I wonder what his deal is.   Maybe he's in prison and only has access to the internet on Saturdays.  

TL; DR:    Fish still plays magic football and has too much time on his hands.

Edited by -fish-
  • Like 3

Hey, so I haven't been around for a while because I've been running for local office. I'm currently behind 3691 to 3690. Around 11k votes total. It's going to be a stressful week.

Your vote matters.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Narrator said:

Hey, so I haven't been around for a while because I've been running for local office. I'm currently behind 3691 to 3690. Around 11k votes total. It's going to be a stressful week.

Your vote matters.

What office?

41 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

What office?

Local.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Millenials go up to age 38.  Not sure you're accurate.

OK boomer.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Just now, OrtonToOlsen said:

Have I mentioned how much I hate the whole “generation” thing?

I don't like kids much either ... but sex? 

I'll allow it.

55 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Would you be more comfortable discussing eras?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

I'll allow it.

Teehee. 

46 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:
1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

Not really

The Victorian was a tough time for him.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Too soon.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Better than the Mesozoic. 

2 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Not specifically that I can recall, but I find it's easiest to assume whatever it is we talk about in here you're probably at least 80%-85% likely to hate it.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

7 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:
7 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Not really

And don't get him started on decades

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Henry Ford said:
6 hours ago, kevzilla said:

Better than the Mesozoic. 

I was going to go with the Pleistocene, but that turns out to be an epoch. :lmao:

I was going to go with the Pleistocene, but that turns out to be an epoch. :lmao:

How embarrassing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Henry Ford said:
10 hours ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

I'll allow it.

Teehee. 

See. This right here is why I don't like kids much.

Very mature mature, Hank!

How's this:

I don't like like kids much either ... however, sex?

I'll allow it.

Is that butter?

40 minutes ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

See. This right here is why I don't like kids much.

Very mature mature, Hank!

How's this:

Is that butter?

Parkay. 

Friday save. Yesterday I went to the gym in shorts like usual. This morning, I bundle up and go out to my car to find it encased in ice. I can't open the door. Guess I'm going to the gym at lunch.

Edited by kevzilla
Stupid weather
  • Like 1

Friday save. Yesterday I went to the gym in shorts like usual. This morning, I bundle up and go out to my car to find it encased in ice. I can't open the door. Guess I'm going to the gym at lunch.

it's basically mid-late January weather here.  6 when i got in the car with a light breeze. topping out around 20 with up to 4" of snow tomorrow.

this weather can get bent

13 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

it's basically mid-late January weather here.  6 when i got in the car with a light breeze. topping out around 20 with up to 4" of snow tomorrow.

this weather can get bent

All area schools started two hours late, though actual ice on roads was minimal. It was 31 degrees at 6:30, think of the children!

• Like 1