What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (17 Viewers)

I have the option to return.  99.8% that I will not.  Buck toothed Neanderthals, ABC Islands, computer gobbledy####,  be damned.  It’s been in the works for a while   Today was a tipping point .  I chose to ride towards the sunset   :shrug:   

I chose the wrong time to do 21 days of no drinky. 

Feels good.  

And I guess I’m a significant security risk because if I enter the door lock code and I’m heading into the office when someone is getting to the door with a heavy box in their hands, I’m going to let them in rather than closing the door on them forcing them to put the box down and enter the code themselves while glaring at me through the glass. And in case you didn’t know, that’s a social engineering tactic called “tailgating”  to gain unauthorized entry.

But I think I’m good on the Smishing part.
Had this happen to me years ago.  I had site access to one of our customers (had a desk there, worked from there a few days a week).  Anyway I’m walking up with a few big boxes, forgot my badge.  Wait for someone to come by, go to walk in after the guy and he stops and goes to shut the door on me.  I tell him I forgot my badge and my desk is literally on the other side of the door.  He begrudgingly let me in

Any of you people still play magic football?

I got a trade offer in my dynasty league involving future draft picks and on paper it seems promising. Just need some advises.

I'll show my rooster to any and all takers 

Any of you people still play magic football?

I got a trade offer in my dynasty league involving future draft picks and on paper it seems promising. Just need some advises.

I'll show my rooster to any and all takers 
Love dynasty.  :nerd:   Let's see it.

Love dynasty.  :nerd:   Let's see it.

I get...Edwards-hillaire and Smith-schuster

I give...Claypool, 2021 3rd round, 2022, 2nd round pick, 2023 1st round pick

My RBs of note... connor, mixon, d harris, gaskins, dillon ,adp pollard, bernard

WRs...Adams, Bhopkins, cooks, perriman, clayton, kirk

We keep 26 players out of 31...5 rounds of drafting, first two are all rookies. I'm usually picking towards the back of the 1st and 2nd rounds, so rarely get a shot at the top RBs.

I'd do it.  Rookie draft picks are generally overvalued in dynasty imo, especially when you know they'll be late in the rounds.  Claypool is pretty darn good, but he won't have Ben past next year.  Juju could be going to a better situation for him next year (I don't think Pitt keeps him).  CEH has almost no where to go but up...he isn't going to be what people thought before this year but you want pieces of KC's offense and you're getting at least a solid #2 rb if not a stud in coming years.

Juju could be going to a better situation for him next year (I don't think Pitt keeps him).
To a team without a future HOF QB feeding him the ball? :)

I'd agree that I'll also be a little surprised if he's kept in Pittsburgh.  He's supposedly a pretty good dude, and he does a lot of stuff in the community, but if he's going to want "true #1 WR money" they're likely going to let him walk.  He's a really good(not elite) WR, blocks like a boss, but ever since Crazy Tony left town and he's drawn the top coverage from defenses he's been a much less dynamic player than he appeared he was going to be his first couple years in the NFL.

It's not completely beyond the pale that he stays in Pittsburgh either, which upon reflection might be the best thing for him (on the field, not in the bank account):  QB and coach trust him, he knows the system, and while Pittsburgh has too many good targets to let him turn into some crazy PPR hog/TD machine in most seasons, it also means that there will be weeks that defense choose to roll the coverage away from JuJu and he is certainly talented enough to punish them when they do that.

I'd still make the deal, but I'd go into it with eyes wide open.  In a year, JuJu could be "OBJ'd" if he goes for a big deal with a team without a good quarterback.  

Last edited by a moderator:
To a team without a future HOF QB feeding him the ball? :)

I'd agree that I'll also be a little surprised if he's kept in Pittsburgh.  He's supposedly a pretty good dude, and he does a lot of stuff in the community, but if he's going to want "true #1 WR money" they're likely going to let him walk.  He's a really good(not elite) WR, blocks like a boss, but ever since Crazy Tony left town and he's drawn the top coverage from defenses he's been a much less dynamic player than he appeared he was going to be his first couple years in the NFL.

It's not completely beyond the pale that he stays in Pittsburgh either, which upon reflection might be the best thing for him (on the field, not in the bank account):  QB and coach trust him, he knows the system, and while Pittsburgh has too many good targets to let him turn into some crazy PPR hog/TD machine in most seasons, it also means that there will be weeks that defense choose to roll the coverage away from JuJu and he is certainly talented enough to punish them when they do that.

I'd still make the deal, but I'd go into it with eyes wide open.  In a year, JuJu could be "OBJ'd" if he goes for a big deal with a team without a good quarterback.  
Yes the quarterback thing could stink, but if he went somewhere where he could be a good 1b to the 1a, I think he'd be much more productive.  As you said, he's not a true #1 and there are too many good receivers in Pitt for him to produce ff #s to his abilities.

No way I do that trade. C Claypool is going to be a stud no matter who gets him the ball.
CEH is dependent on A Reid's game plan and not going RBBC.

Juju is a good WR2 but that's it.

Your trading a stud and a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for a good player(Juju) and maybe a stud.

Meh.  Rookie picks are ridonkulously overrated, unless its one of the first few.

I put on a scarf and everything before I posted all that.  😑
I'm with you on the rookie picks. I typically value a known starter more than a pick...and imo starting RB is worth a 1st round pick, especially late 1st round. 

That said, I usually end up with a decent WR at the end of the 1st.

But looks like I'll have to wait until the off-season for the trade regardless.

5-ish Finkle said:
Meh.  Rookie picks are ridonkulously overrated, unless its one of the first few.

I put on a scarf and everything before I posted all that.  😑
That’s why you keep them. And use them for the overvalue. I got metcalf and Marvin Jones for the 1.02 this year. 

Hi shuuuuukie!

WHAT DO YOU GUYS NEED ON MONDAY NIGHT?!
A nice, 15 year old single malt ( rocks) served in a vintage Air Jordan, with a side of macaroni topped with bean/meat sauce.  Maybe finish the night off listening to ####ty Pixies covers, nibbling a slice of honeydew, while I shop for a new house online .

Better?

A nice, 15 year old single malt ( rocks) served in a vintage Air Jordan, with a side of macaroni topped with bean/meat sauce.  Maybe finish the night off listening to ####ty Pixies covers, nibbling a slice of honeydew, while I shop for a new house online .

Better?
You mind if I copy this? Was looking for something to do Monday night.

Speaking of, is it time to sell these?  I see listings on ebay that are getting bids > $1k.
In that M Jordan doc they showed him playing a game in one of his older versions.
At the end of the game his feet were bleeding and he could barely walk, so sell.

Let me preface this by saying I am not a gun guy ...never was ...and I live in Arkansas.  

My son is a big hunter and so are almost everyone one of my friends.

But if you're in the camp with this guy - we can't be friends.  This pretentious POS needs a serious beatdown.  

https://twitter.com/i/status/1335855946405437440

ETA:  if I was this kid's dad I would make a visit that particular store Santa and give him a Nerf Gun enema.  

Let me preface this by saying I am not a gun guy ...never was ...and I live in Arkansas.  

My son is a big hunter and so are almost everyone one of my friends.

But if you're in the camp with this guy - we can't be friends.  This pretentious POS needs a serious beatdown.  

https://twitter.com/i/status/1335855946405437440

ETA:  if I was this kid's dad I would make a visit that particular store Santa and give him a Nerf Gun enema.  
holy #### the video immediately below of "the real Santa" is terrifying

I rebuilt my PC back in May and the super awesome solid state drive I bought decided to flat out die last night. New one should be here tomorrow, but naturally I have to install a #### ton of things on it to get it back up and running. At least the warranty should get me a replacement some day, but doesn’t do me any good right now. Yay. 

Same. It’s basically like talking to Charlie Brown’s teacher. 
Preach.  Plus, my bride is kind of a "low talker" to boot. 

FADE IN - Your hero's wife is two rooms away from where he sits, walking into a third in the opposite direction. He happens to be on a call wearing headphones.

OFFSCREEN, FEMALE LEAD - Her: *undistinguishable mumble*
CUT TO CU, DOG - Milhouse(at male lead's feet): *mildly cocks head to left*
CUT TO CU, MALE LEAD - Me: "What's up buddy?"
OFFSCREEN, FEMALE LEAD - Her: *undistinguishable mumble from a little closer*
CUT TO CU, DOG - Milhouse(at male lead's feet): *stands up*
CUT TO MED SHOT,  MALE LEAD - Me (taking off headphones): "You okay, dude?"
CUT TO MED SHOT,  FEMALE LEAD - Her (now in my office door): "Why aren't you answering me?"
CUT TO MED SHOT,  MALE LEAD - Me: "I was on a call, were you standing there the whole time?"
CUT TO MED SHOT,  FEMALE LEAD - Her: "No, I was walking into the kitchen (3 rooms away), but I asked you XYZ."
CUT TO MED SHOT,  MALE LEAD - Me: "Oh, I couldn't hear you. Headphones."
CUT TO MED SHOT,  FEMALE LEAD - Her: "YOU NEED YOUR HEARING CHECKED!" *walks off without an answer and begins to ask another question as she retreats*

FADE TO CREDITS

A reasonable facsimile of that happened probably at least once a week prior to quarantining.  Now?  I stopped counting.

completely, exactly the same for me and my wife

then she gets aggravated if I don't answer her when she isn't even talking to me more than half the time anyway ...

Users who are viewing this thread