Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
General Malaise

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

I really wish Jethro would fold his league.  it's not like he pays people who wins anymore either.

43 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

I didn't ask her initials, but her first name rhymes with Lattice

Mulva?

21 minutes ago, Chemical X said:

I really wish Jethro would fold his league.  it's not like he pays people who wins anymore either.

Shark pool is that way, guy.

At family gatherings, its usually best to avoid discussing religion and potatoes

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Captain Quinoa said:

p and s Trump is going to win and the butthurt will be delicious.  Bye again.

Glad you are still alive.

Wish you were still funny.

Edited by krista4
  • Like 3

I think the internet has passed me by. I don't get why the Harambe thing has become a meme all of a sudden or why it's supposed to be funny.

14 hours ago, Sconch said:

Got a new student today from Littlefield TX.   I asked but he said he doesn't know @bentley

I'd do some digging into this kid.  You sure he's really from Texas and not Mexico?

3 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

I'd do some digging into this kid.  You sure he's really from Texas and not Mexico?

Same thing, no?

• Like 1

On 8/21/2016 at 6:35 PM, mr. furley said:

for a period of time from about the age of 7 until maybe....8.... i "got" wrestling. watched the events. knew the names of the wrestlers. then i lost interest. how does anyone older than that watch wrestling? i'm as perplexed by this as i am by the moon landing.

There's no way I'm going to "win" this discussion, but I'll attempt to answer.  Loved wrestling as a kid, and then again in the mid/late 90s when they had the nWo and "attitude" era in WWF . It was funny, stupid and entertaining.  Something to drink beer to in college and schtick it up.

Fast forward 15 years and Wrestlemania was coming to town, so me and some friends thought it would be fun to go for nostalgia purposes.  I started watching it again to get familiar with the characters and storylines.

It's still a guilty pleasure thing for me. But I'm more intrigued with the backroom business  aspect of it all.  I record it every week, but I almost never watch a full match.

tl;dr - i'm trash b/c i still record wrasslin

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tiger Fan said:

There's no way I'm going to "win" this discussion, but I'll attempt to answer.  Loved wrestling as a kid, and then again in the mid/late 90s when they had the nWo and "attitude" era in WWF . It was funny, stupid and entertaining.  Something to drink beer to in college and schtick it up.

Fast forward 15 years and Wrestlemania was coming to town, so me and some friends thought it would be fun to go for nostalgia purposes.  I started watching it again to get familiar with the characters and storylines.

It's still a guilty pleasure thing for me. But I'm more intrigued with the backroom business  aspect of it all.  I record it every week, but I almost never watch a full match.

to each their own. i just don't understand it.

i'll buy you a beer at Lambeau in 2 weeks and we can discuss hoity toity topic like best method for cooking a bratwurst and how to make boudin at home under a time constraint.

40 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

to each their own. i just don't understand it.

i'll buy you a beer at Lambeau in 2 weeks and we can discuss hoity toity topic like best method for cooking a bratwurst and how to make boudin at home under a time constraint.

completely understand.  I acknowledge that it's brainless nonsense.

• Like 1

Can't wait for lambeau.  I'll pm you.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2016 at 10:52 PM, Limp Ditka said:

If you're of legal drinking age, and regularly posting in the professional wrestling thread, I'm going to assume you suffer from some form of Peter Pan Syndrome.

:coffee:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Limp Ditka said:

:coffee:

:thumbup:

14 hours ago, krista4 said:

Glad you are still alive.

Wish you were still funny.

At a clinic with my daughter for a pre employment drug screen. The name of their wifi network is "we know you're high"

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Captain Quinoa said:

At a clinic with my daughter for a pre employment drug screen. The name of their wifi network is "we know you're high"

:lmao:  I was hoping to lure you back.

Investigators in the Northern Territory announced on Sunday that they needed the public’s help in identifying four half-naked men who had broken into a school office in the town of Humpty Doo, shattering a window and heaving a few saltwater crocodiles inside.

In case Henry Ford is poking around here at all, wanted to wish you good luck with your surgery tomorrow (I think I have the date right?). :thumbup:

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, krista4 said:

In case Henry Ford is poking around here at all, wanted to wish you good luck with your surgery tomorrow (I think I have the date right?). :thumbup:

:goodposting:

see... the town is called humpty doo.

but yeah, surgery good luck and whatever, hf.

• Like 1

I had to forward some emails to my new manager to prove that my recently terminated manager had, in fact, approved my vacation time. I got hosed out of a vacation last September, it better not happen again. :rant:

pros of owning your own business:   go on vacation whenever you want to.

cons of owning your own business:   never really on vacation even when you're on vacation.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

I had to forward some emails to my new manager to prove that my recently terminated manager had, in fact, approved my vacation time. I got hosed out of a vacation last September, it better not happen again. :rant:

"And by the way, thanks for your input on her firing Kev."

2 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Investigators in the Northern Territory announced on Sunday that they needed the public’s help in identifying four half-naked men who had broken into a school office in the town of Humpty Doo, shattering a window and heaving a few saltwater crocodiles inside.

There's zero chance I'm clicking on a link titled "four half-naked men"

3 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Not enough men or not naked enough?

• Like 8

Someone's wife does Essential Oils here right? A few years back I bought some Clove throat lozenges for my daughter. Well she is looking for another order of those.

Does anyone still sell these things?

8 hours ago, Tiger Fan said:

This is more shattering to me than when I found out Obama was a Muslim.

• Like 2

This is like seeing a Trump sticker on your best friend's car.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Frostillicus said:

You know what's demoralizing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GroveDiesel said:

HUMPTY DOO?

1 hour ago, Mr.Pack said:

Someone's wife does Essential Oils here right? A few years back I bought some Clove throat lozenges for my daughter. Well she is looking for another order of those.

My wife did for a while.  I'm not sure she's still in the game, but I'll ask.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

Wrong half.

Edited by WetDream

2 hours ago, Mr.Pack said:

https://www.amazon.com/Yankee-Traders-Brand-Flavor-Sanded/dp/B00TKUM7UM/ref=sr_1_2_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1472003117&sr=1-2&keywords=clove+lozenge

https://www.amazon.com/Golden-Dragon-Herbal-lozenge-Flavor/dp/B01G5JHVPG

14 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

100% sure.  He's not spanished

On 8/21/2016 at 11:57 PM, kevzilla said:

The Czechs here in Central Texas become quite incensed when those other things are called kolaches. Just trying to be culturally sensitive here. :oldunsure: 

:lmao:

Every Kolache place in Texas I've been to sells klobasneks and I don't think they differentiate.  It all uses the same dough.  

19 minutes ago, shuke said:

Every Kolache place in Texas I've been to sells klobasneks and I don't think they differentiate.  It all uses the same dough.  

YOUR FACE USES THE SAME DOUGH

31 minutes ago, shuke said:

Unlike kolache, which came to the United States with Czech immigrants, klobasniky were first made by Czechs that settled in Texas

ETA BAM

Edited by cosjobs
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, shuke said:

The actual Czech places do. Lord help you if you ever end up West or Schulenberg, but they clearly differentiate.

Just now, bentley said:

The actual Czech places do. Lord help you if you ever end up West or Schulenberg, but they clearly differentiate.

West is the place to stop on the Austin/Dallas drive. They also have a Bush's Fried Chicken next door.