What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (24 Viewers)

I hear you bro. I canceled the Ticket this year. Have not read a single football article. I just don;t ####### care anymore.

Looking forward to having my next 25 Sundays/Mondays/Thursdays/Saturdays open.
Same.  Quit my final dynasty leagues after one folded and I realized it was utterly pointless, a waste of time, and I didn't even enjoy it.  Feels like a huge weight off my shoulders.  No more Sunday Ticket either.  If I watch a game it will be because I want to and have nothing else to do.  Strange that all this comes when L.A. finally gets a football team.

I hear a lot of what y'all are saying, but I still love to love my team. No fantasy, no gambling, no giving my weekends up to sitting in front of the TV instead of playing with the kids. But, I still love the Cowboys. Just watching them play and enjoying the game in the moment.
I haven't done fantasy football in a few years and I don't miss it at all. And I had been in a league with some of the same guys pretty close to continuously since 1992.

Never gambled much either.

But I will watch the Seahawks, Longhorns and Huskies every chance I get and pretty much any other college football game that is on, unless it involves Big Ten teams.

I haven't done fantasy football in a few years and I don't miss it at all. And I had been in a league with some of the same guys pretty close to continuously since 1992.

Never gambled much either.

But I will watch the Seahawks, Longhorns and Huskies every chance I get and pretty much any other college football game that is on, unless it involves Big Ten teams.
This is like Homer giving up xanax, malt liquor, wine, gin, quaaludes, beer, pot, whisky, whiskey, and vodka, but sticking with rum and heroin

I gave up fantasy last year after 20 years. I will still read the occasdional article and may flip on a game, but I just dont care anymore. If the Steelers are on in my market, I will try to watch them, but I am not sacrificng my day or night or planning around them. These people dont care about us; why would we invest so much time, effort and money?  It has been liberating. 

Glad to hear HF is alive and well. I will go enjoy a nice ribeye steak this weekend in your honor.

Regarding pumpkin foods, pumpkin pie is awesome but please....for the of Allah/God...keep it chilled. Warm pumpkin pie es no bueno.

I gave up fantasy last year after 20 years. I will still read the occasdional article and may flip on a game, but I just dont care anymore. If the Steelers are on in my market, I will try to watch them, but I am not sacrificng my day or night or planning around them. These people dont care about us; why would we invest so much time, effort and money?  It has been liberating. 
It makes the games more fun and gives you something extra to root for. And there's different levels to how you play FF. It's not like you have to be the geek with 5 TVs running different games all at once.

I don't know. I still greatly enjoy fantasy football .

pumpkin pie (agree- chilled) = yes.

pumpkin bread (like banana bread) or muffins = kinda

roasted pumpkin seeds done just right = sure

everything else in the pumpkin oevre, including "punkin" = no.

Things that are better with mayonnaise:

Artichokes

Asparagus

Broccoli

Fish / seafood  (Tartar Sauce)

French Fries

My mom's from California (Oakland) and evidently she learned it there and taught it to me.

Butter and mayo are both about 95% fat, so its more presentation/mouthfeel than anything. I like dipping an asparagus spear or artichokein some mayo (just a tiny tiny bit, less than I would use if butter). You can't see the butter and be sure you have the proper amount.

For my fries, I like mixing mayo and mustard together. Or ketsup. Even better if they have a homemade 1000 island dressing. Ranch is okay, but not as good as the others listed. All are better than catsup alone. In fact, I'd rather have straight mustard than catchup.

No, he just drops pointed barbs at this thread in random places around the board but then refuses to discuss it if pressed. Very weird.

:hifive:
he thinks the board quality drops overall is many of the better/funnier posters choose to spend most of their time in one thread (GMTAN). seems pretty logical.

No more fantasy leagues, no more gambling, no more season tickets. I've removed myself from all vested interest and couldn't be happier. It simply isn't the game I grew up with, its run by terrible people and a lot of the players are even worse. The facade of the league caring about player safety, and not their liability, also rubs me the wrong way. 

#getoffmylawn

If its on, I'll casually watch it at a friend's house or at the bar. Put it on at home, by myself? Just doesn't happen anymore. There are better things on t,  better places to go, better things to waste my money on.
it was worse years ago. sports media just covered for the players. but especially for the owners.  :shrug:  

Users who are viewing this thread