What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (24 Viewers)

Are there exceptions for antique guns? I know, check with my lawyer.

I've been looking at buying two that were the same models my two ACW ancestors carried as Union Cavalrymen (5 shot revolving Colt or 16 shot Henry repeater). So I could lose my right to vote for antique collecting?

Officer Pete Malloy said:

I've been looking at buying two that were the same models my two ACW ancestors carried as Union Cavalrymen (5 shot revolving Colt or 16 shot Henry repeater). So I could lose my right to vote for antique collecting?
Settle down, nerd.
The pejorative usage is confusing me.

Even though I'm actually admitted to practice in both of the states under discussion here, I'm relatively clueless without researching. I thought collecting and display of unloaded antiques was legal, but am definitely not sure. Even assuming the legality, though, I don't know nearly enough about the topic in NY/NJ to have any idea how you get it to your house in the first place.

Best bet might be to call the local PD who will probably give you some good info if you get the right officer on the phone, and/or check out collectors' websites and sift through the garbage to find people who are local and know what they're talking about. Or, yeah, pay a lawyer for a consult. :)

yeah.

the shoulder starting to really smart.

rage is building up into all kind of revenge fantasies... almost punched a guy in the head on my way to lunch while he rode past me on his bike- on the sidewalk. the next skateboarder I see better come correct, or I'll fantasize about beating him up too.

Osaurus said:
General Malaise said:
Aerial Assault said:
Just noticed I didn't make the GM Manifesto of Rebirth

This is outrageous, what a penis, etc. It may be true that I have only lurked and not posted despite being around since Old Yeller, never really posted much until about 20 minutes before the board was downgraded, have met none of you, and have a tendency to disappear for months, but I think there was room for a vague nonspecific mention of me somewhere in the middle of footnote 14.
I'm going to edit it to take out all lines of petulance and add in mentions of my good I buddies my forlorn brain forgot. Stay tuned...
I'm a fringe poster FWIW
Kayaking AND hiking in Vegas. That's two!
Works for me. Former archaeologist to boot. :thumbup:

Osaurus said:
Morning folks. Tile has finally been installed in the office. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/osaurus/A7D388F6-AEC9-44D0-95DA-FB99E0F13BA6_zpsh11kigui.jpg. Here is a closeup of the grout line along one baseboard as requested. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/osaurus/4AD33E82-9B38-4934-B79A-9C24799994FD_zpsnpx9wjas.jpg. Need to touch up baseboards, but overall it looks pretty good.
We almost went with those tiles - I really like them we were going to "match" up with our hardwood. It ended up looking a little weird so we went all wood.
Eventually the rest of the house minus 2 bedrooms will all be tiled. Not sure what we'll end up doing, but most likely not that tile. Gonna be pricey that's for sure.

Osaurus said:
Morning folks. Tile has finally been installed in the office. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/osaurus/A7D388F6-AEC9-44D0-95DA-FB99E0F13BA6_zpsh11kigui.jpg. Here is a closeup of the grout line along one baseboard as requested. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/osaurus/4AD33E82-9B38-4934-B79A-9C24799994FD_zpsnpx9wjas.jpg. Need to touch up baseboards, but overall it looks pretty good.
We almost went with those tiles - I really like them we were going to "match" up with our hardwood. It ended up looking a little weird so we went all wood.
Eventually the rest of the house minus 2 bedrooms will all be tiled. Not sure what we'll end up doing, but most likely not that tile. Gonna be pricey that's for sure.
How do you feel about coming to Portland and doing my house next?

Some of you people do Vegas differently than I do.

Are we talking about the same place?
For me it has been a place to unwind and enjoy myself usually after visiting the national parks in the area. The upcoming trip is sort of the same. Starting off hiking, ending up possibly hammered. :banned: ETA: Vegashole will only be my 4th trip there.

Last edited by a moderator:
In FL here, everyone and their mother has a gun. I would suggest being very careful if you get road rage and cut someone off. You may think it's a calm, church going 65 year old woman....which may be true....but she could be packing a piece. You just never know.

I think being in multiple accidents when you are on a bicycle versus a car is a sign. I would suggest finding a different means of transportation (car, trolley, horse, etc.)

In FL here, everyone and their mother has a gun. I would suggest being very careful if you get road rage and cut someone off. You may think it's a calm, church going 65 year old woman....which may be true....but she could be packing a piece. You just never know.

I think being in multiple accidents when you are on a bicycle versus a car is a sign. I would suggest finding a different means of transportation (car, trolley, horse, etc.)
Troof

Aerial Assault said:
kevzilla said:
AA>although the withdrawal of the Kristas from Vegashole is a keenly felt blow, we would love to have you there. You still available first weekend in April? We'll pour out a 40 and buy a condo in her memory.
Thanks, man. I believe maybe so, yeah, at least on Thursday/Friday; may have to drive back to Los Angeles on Saturday night or something like that in case my family wants to do something for Easter. Is that Final Four weekend too? I don't think Duke has any real shot at making the Final Four this season so that's not a real issue.

WAIT what happened to Krista and Mr. K4??? Birthday conflicts?
That is, in fact, Final Four weekend. It will have a minimal impact on crowds.

As to the Kristas, well...she let him find employment, just like a real boy.

Users who are viewing this thread