What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (1 Viewer)

So horrible.  Nice police work taking any random phone call as 100% truth.  Just rush in and start shooting. The officer should be put in prison too but we all know that isn't going to happen.
How about this country man up and immediately execute the loser that started the whole thing? #### like this doesn't happen if you start making examples of these losers.

Any random phone call. :lmao:  It was a 911 call.

How about this country man up and immediately execute the loser that started the whole thing? #### like this doesn't happen if you start making examples of these losers.

Any random phone call. :lmao:  It was a 911 call.
It was a random 911 call.  How about, I don't know,  INVESTIGATING?  Did the cop do the absolute minimum and call the house in question? No. Just draw your gun and go in looking to be a hero.  Sorry I forgot you guys think cops are infallible mythical beings incapable of doing anything wrong. 

It was a random 911 call.  How about, I don't know,  INVESTIGATING?  Did the cop do the absolute minimum and call the house in question? No. Just draw your gun and go in looking to be a hero.  Sorry I forgot you guys think cops are infallible mythical beings incapable of doing anything wrong. 
Based on this statement, you are about as far as possible away from knowing anything about being a cop. Investigating? A call that claimed someone was already dead and he planned to kill more? I could go on for days how awful your analysis is how police should operate.

There was a popular YouTube gamer that got swatted live while on twitch.  That was the first time I heard of it. His 8 year old kid opened the door to 3 assault rifles. 

That was maybe 6 years ago. Seems as easy as ever to do this. 
I saw someone get swatted live once.  It was pretty scary.  The dude got shot, but it wasn't fatal.  I didn't watch him regularly, so I can't recall his name.

:rolleyes: The immediate response to every 911 call should be to charge in gun drawn. Okay. 
They were responding to a 911 call where:

1.  somebody was shot and not breathing

2.  hostages were being held

3.  the shooter still had a gun and was threatening to burn down the house with the hostages still inside.

Are you done posting useless garbage now?

3.  the shooter still had a gun and was threatening to burn down the house with the hostages still inside.

You left out the part about it being a 2 story house when it was not, as well as not accurate details on the cars.  But by all means lets kill the guy.   

He's just here to pick fights.  Here and NBA thread.  Probably elsewhere too.  Just leave him alone, he's an unhappy soul.
The only unhappy souls I know are the ones who willingly spend hours in the political threads accomplishing nothing.  Again, maybe that's why YOU got the time out.

:lmao:  he says the address twice.   
But it's pretty clear the swatter is going off google street view and didn't have the house pulled up right, could be next door, who knows.  Of course the 911 person would not realize this, but by the time they got to the house it was probably a detail worth phoning in.  

But it's pretty clear the swatter is going off google street view and didn't have the house pulled up right, could be next door, who knows.  Of course the 911 person would not realize this, but by the time they got to the house it was probably a detail worth phoning in.  
You aren't even trying.  It's clear because you know after the fact that the call was fake.  

Do you think it’s likely that he would just open the front door for the police after all this?  Maybe that should have been a clue. 

I'm sure if you spent a single minute thinking about it you could come up with at least one reasonable explanation as to why he would just open the front door.  
what's the point in taking hostages if you just open the front door when the police show up?

"Swatting" has become a serious issue in video game streaming. A lot of streamers are calling their local police departments and warning them of potential swat calls. 

We went over this a couple years ago and General Malaise didn't know, either. It's called swatting. It's disgusting, and it's led to death in this case. I'd never do it, nor wish upon my most mortal enemy, but some people think it's funny.  
I believe the people calling in the swat teams have some way of figuring out the IP address from the stream.  Then they report a crime at the address and watch the fireworks.  It's completely deranged and sickening, before even taking into account our overly militarized stormtroopers that can't seem to handle basic human interaction without escalating it to a shooting spree.  I don't support capital punishment but the person that caused this deserves to die.  

Some broadcasters have taken to broadcasting through a VPN to avoid exactly this type of scenario.  I get how infuriating video games can get but it's scary that situations like this are somehow possible.  That could have been any of us.  

I believe the people calling in the swat teams have some way of figuring out the IP address from the stream.  Then they report a crime at the address and watch the fireworks.  It's completely deranged and sickening, before even taking into account our overly militarized stormtroopers that can't seem to handle basic human interaction without escalating it to a shooting spree.  I don't support capital punishment but the person that caused this deserves to die.  

Some broadcasters have taken to broadcasting through a VPN to avoid exactly this type of scenario.  I get how infuriating video games can get but it's scary that situations like this are somehow possible.  That could have been any of us.  
Yup. I got hacked once. I can't figure out how people get IP addresses or why they'd even want to. I have no desire even if I had the means to do so. It's intrusive, personal, and just crazy. I don't get it.  

In regard to the bolded, I don't get that, either. Why does a SWAT team feel the need to shoot at innocent people that are dazed and stunned at the interaction?  

The whole thing makes me sick.  I won't watch the link.  

Last edited by a moderator:

They shot someone dead they hadn’t identified, had no information to corroborate the call,  saw no weapon, and the guy made the mistake of apparently “moving wrong.” We can’t question that? 

As a follow up if we can’t question that what exactly can we question? 

Also too I would strongly believe every swat team in America has been fully briefed on the concept of swatting. Should they have been on full alert? Of course. Should they take every random call as absolute gospel? No. And if it was such a no brainer why did only one cop of several fire? 

Let's just assume that the police did absolutely nothing wrong. That seems like a reasonable thing to assume, right? Because police aren't human, and they never make mistakes, right?

:rolleyes: The immediate response to every 911 call should be to charge in gun drawn. Okay. 

Except none of those things were true and the cops didn't do the slightest bit of research or investigation to confirm any allegations.

It's weird how the pro-gun/pro-liberty/pro-conservative crowd is also the same crowd that universally defends an unchecked police state.

Hey, remember when Obama was going to take your guns away? I guess you would have been OK with that, as long as some random couch nerd called Obama and told him that you were holding hostages......right?

[scooter] said:
Except none of those things were true and the cops didn't do the slightest bit of research or investigation to confirm any allegations.
If your family is ever held hostage by a crazed gunman make sure you tell the police they can take their sweet time responding to the call.

[scooter] said:
If your family is ever held hostage by a crazed gunman make sure you tell the police they can take their sweet time responding to the call.
I want them to come as quickly as possible. But I also want them to do some basic police work while they're at it.

It's amazing that the law & order & liberty types are so quick to defend poor training, sloppy police work, and jackbooted police state actions.

I want them to come as quickly as possible. But I also want them to do some basic police work while they're at it.

It's amazing that the law & order & liberty types are so quick to defend poor training, sloppy police work, and jackbooted police state actions.
It's more amazing that all of the people in this thread constantly complaining and crying don't apply to be a police officer.  What's your excuse?  

It's more amazing that all of the people in this thread constantly complaining and crying don't apply to be a police officer.  What's your excuse?
Ease up on the syrup, buddy. We already jumped into the boat. You're laying it on a bit thick now.

I'm going to have to disagree here. I think Scooter is taking quite a bit of undeserved heat. And, to be totally honest, I'm a bit shocked that every one is fine with police blowing away an unarmed man that came to the door without actually witnessing any sort of weapon. Shooting him because his hand was supposedly moving towards his waistband while they are all hunkered down behind vehicles seems like a fairly large over-reaction by the police force.

Ease up on the syrup, buddy. We already jumped into the boat. You're laying it on a bit thick now.
It seems like a really simple choice to me.  People can either share their fake outrage on the internet or actually go make a difference in the real world.  

It seems like a really simple choice to me.  People can either share their fake outrage on the internet or actually go make a difference in the real world.  
Of course it seems like a simple choice to you.

It's like George Carlin said: symbols are for the symbol-minded.

Is it too much to ask not to be shot when opening the door for the police, especially if I answer it unarmed and haven't done anything?  They should throw that idiot under the jail.

Yep, CNN  is already questioning why the Colorado police  took so long to engage this suspect. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. 

Users who are viewing this thread