What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (5 Viewers)

BS.  There are countless professions, most of them governmental, where they constantly get slaps on the wrist for things that the general population would suffer major punishment for.

I'm not saying it's right, but act like police are the only ones getting away with crimes is disingenuous at best.
I mean, just direct me to the "Another killing at the hands of a city planner" thread. thx

In case you're not just some loser who wants to get a rise out of me and you actually care about policing, I thought I'd leave this here for you to consider...

People like you who refuse to even question the actions of LEO's and try to silence critics create the culture rich for abuse. People like me, who question things and encourage transparency, are creating the culture where police can truly be at their best. There are corrupt cops. It may be 1 in 10 or 1 in a million. Refusal to investigate corruption allows it to continue or grow. If you want to make your country a better place then please don't attack people who share their views. That is part of the culture that has led to many of these abuses in the first place. The fact is cops would not be taking such flak now if they weren't willing foot soldiers in a plan to use drug laws to enslave colored people again and to enrich and empower mega-corporations.
Colored people? Have not heard that term in years. We back in Bama in the 60s?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, he was punished and clearly broke department policies. There's no debating that. So, I don't see how those questions are even relevant?

IMO he shouldn't be a cop any longer if he can't control himself.
Maybe, IDK, but a fleeing criminal who hops a fence will get zero sympathy from me. 

I don’t even know why he would lie about what happened. While his force might’ve been a touch excessive, the criminal did it to himself. If his report was straightforward, I’d have no issue here at all. He lied on his report and was suspended for two months, what exactly are you angry about?

Maybe, IDK, but a fleeing criminal who hops a fence will get zero sympathy from me. 

I don’t even know why he would lie about what happened. While his force might’ve been a touch excessive, the criminal did it to himself. If his report was straightforward, I’d have no issue here at all. He lied on his report and was suspended for two months, what exactly are you angry about?
The liberal logic of crying over criminals these days is definitely making this country worse.  How about we go back to the days of common sense and criticize the criminals for doing stupid things?

It is dangerous because it involves a lot of driving, not because they are likely to get killed by a criminal. It is ranked 14th most dangerous job in the US, again, mostly because of traffic accidents. It was even lower in the past. There are plenty of more dangerous jobs that do not get free rein to murder people and keep their jobs or just move one town over. There should be two options if they kill someone and it is found to be unnecessary: They are arrested, or if they made a mistake but it was "reasonable" they are banned from working in law enforcement. Many instances of LEOs moving from town to town escalating conflicts until they get to kill someone, then repeating again somewhere else. No other profession has that amount of leeway for massive mistakes; accidentally killing someone and getting a slap on the wrist vs any other profession having an error of 1% that magnitude and getting fired. 
Health field has to be number one,  but if you report it. You lose your job.  

He lied because he kicked a man hanging off a fence causing him to fall 20'. We're just going to have to disagree if you find this an appropriate use of force.

Goodnight.
He didn't kick the guy. He kicked the fence. Watch the video again.

That being said, I'm surprised he kept his job after lying on the report. Once a cop is caught lying, it makes it near impossible for them to do their job. You can't put a guy on the stand to testify when the defense can besically impeach him as a liar without even trying. 

tjnc09 said:
The liberal logic of crying over criminals these days is definitely making this country worse.  How about we go back to the days of common sense and criticize the criminals for doing stupid things?
Thank you, it's maddening how criminals are given so much sympathy these days. Oh no, I cant believe they used force on a piece of crap criminal fleeing police. Give me a break.

Frank Drebin said:

That being said, I'm surprised he kept his job after lying on the report. Once a cop is caught lying, it makes it near impossible for them to do their job. You can't put a guy on the stand to testify when the defense can besically impeach him as a liar without even trying. 

this 

Frank Drebin said:

Listen to this guy. He's a Police Squad Lieutenant.

Cop shoots caretaker of an autistic man, black of course, who was laying on the ground with his hands up.  

https://twitter.com/qasimrashid/status/1112017014661545984?s=21

•Someone called cops on an autistic man with a toy

•His therapist Charles Kinsey laid down w/both hands up—begged Cops to NOT shoot

•Dispatch told Cop Jon Aledda  to NOT shoot

•Aledda still shoots autistic man & Kinsey

•Aledda Acquitted😳

#CJReformNOW

Cop shoots caretaker of an autistic man, black of course, who was laying on the ground with his hands up.  

•His therapist Charles Kinsey laid down w/both hands up—begged Cops to NOT shoot

•Aledda Acquitted😳

#CJReformNOW
Cop that beats unarmed black man quits force after video. :thumbup:   Should be on trial for assault.

•Aledda Acquitted😳

#CJReformNOW
Crazy that he got off.

•Aledda Acquitted😳

#CJReformNOW
This story really bothered me.  Amazing he got off.

PinkydaPimp said:
This story really bothered me.  Amazing he got off.
To be clear he was only acquitted of the lowest charge. Was a hung jury on the more severe charges. Now the DA has to decide what to do next. Not sure what the charges exactly were, but found it weird that the only one he was acquitted of was the lesser charge. 

Not a killing but pretty damn awful 

- officer says he suspects it’s a child playing with a cap gun

- finds kid, orders kid to drop weapon and opens fire 0.6 seconds later firing 4 shots at the 12 year old boy who had a bb gun

-AG said the shooting was justified and the family has to pay for all the medical bills themselves 

https://twitter.com/qasimrashid/status/1127203561773895682?s=21

ETA: boy was 14, not 12

- finds kid, orders kid to drop weapon and opens fire 0.6 seconds later firing 4 shots at the 12 year old boy who had a bb gun

-AG said the shooting was justified and the family has to pay for all the medical bills themselves 

Damn that is messed up. Kid probably didn't even see the officer because of the fence and he definitely didn't have time to process the order to drop his BB gun before the officer shot him

Damn that is messed up. Kid probably didn't even see the officer because of the fence and he definitely didn't have time to process the order to drop his BB gun before the officer shot him
And he’s on audio before it happens saying he doesn’t think there is a dangerous weapon- he seems to recognize it’s a kid playing. 

And he’s on audio before it happens saying he doesn’t think there is a dangerous weapon- he seems to recognize it’s a kid playing. 
So why shoot the kid so quickly when the officer thinks he has a toy? How does the officer get away with this if the audio proves that the officer didn't believe he was in danger?

This is sickening.  I have a 9 year old that plays with his BB gun in the back yard.  I would probably do something very irrational if I was in this boys parent's situation.  It makes me livid just thinking about it. 

This video is only shocking to people unfamiliar with this case or that had forgotten about the details. The police video that was released already had this interaction recorded. Him saying he would light her up was played before.

Smart move by this guy to get some publicity for his new group. He waited long enough to air a video he had for a while. He knew it would play brilliantly in our short news cycle and people's limited memories. He says he didn't have it, but the news station says they dont have a copy of that video in their possession. 

Suppressing that video accomplished nothing back then so the conspiracy claims make zero sense. I believe that the family already had a copy. In fact to argue they didnt is kind of dumb since the dashcam footage shows the interaction where she says she is recording. Are we really to believe that her family's legal team wouldn't have sought that video previously? That they truly were in shock and awe when this reporter showed it to them? OMG She recorded it??? Who knew!!! New investigation!!! 

ETA: Full video from 2015. The light you up part is in the 8:00-9:20 range 

This video is only shocking to people unfamiliar with this case or that had forgotten about the details. The police video that was released already had this interaction recorded. Him saying he would light her up was played before.

Smart move by this guy to get some publicity for his new group. He waited long enough to air a video he had for a while. He knew it would play brilliantly in our short news cycle and people's limited memories. He says he didn't have it, but the news station says they dont have a copy of that video in their possession. 

Suppressing that video accomplished nothing back then so the conspiracy claims make zero sense. I believe that the family already had a copy. In fact to argue they didnt is kind of dumb since the dashcam footage shows the interaction where she says she is recording. Are we really to believe that her family's legal team wouldn't have sought that video previously? That they truly were in shock and awe when this reporter showed it to them? OMG She recorded it??? Who knew!!! New investigation!!! 
Did the poster in the link make a conspiracy claim? (Columbia Journalism Review is a pretty neutral link). I'd say it's just bad journalism.

- IIRC the cop lost on this without the video, for good reason. But it seems like this captures dialogue not in the original video. This is not a story that tbqh I had much interest in, but this video makes me rethink things. My feeling in a lot of these stories has been skeptical. However this woman seemed very rational. It's unimaginably sad she killed herself. Did she have a history of mental illness or something that led to her committing suicide?

“We started talking to [Bland’s] family members last fall,” Collister says. “We discovered that the lawyer and the family were like, Where the hell did you get that? That’s how we realized that, according to the family, it has been withheld from them in discovery in the federal lawsuit.”
This is a whole other thing besides the perjury charge.

Did the poster in the link make a conspiracy claim? Maybe I should have found a more neutral link. I'd say it's just bad journalism.

- IIRC the cop lost on this without the video, for good reason. But it seems like this captures dialogue not in the original video. This is not a story that tbqh I had much interest in, but this video makes me rethink things. My feeling in a lot of these stories has been skeptical. However this woman seemed very rational. It's unimaginably sad she killed herself. Did she have a history of mental illness or something that led to her committing suicide?
It is all there. If you start hers at 8:39ish of the dashcam video, it is all there. 

ETA: In fact I actually wonder if there isnt more cell phone video available and it wasnt shown by the reporter because she really starts to use profanity and insult the officer right after that. It is obviously possible that it stopped recording when she set it down. 

I haven't previously followed the case. What about the part where Bland is speaking inside the car, asking why she is being instructed to get out the car? Also was it known that she had recorded the interaction herself?
It is all there. I dont see how they didnt know she was recording. The family didnt exactly have a bowling alley lawyer. She says she is recording. Somebody on the legal team would have either made the decision to get the video or they just didn't see any relevance to it since the whole interaction was already recorded.

EIther way, the only reason this became news is it was released 4 years later under the guise it was new and previously suppressed. I find that claim to be complete and total BS. 

It is all there. I dont see how they didnt know she was recording. The family didnt exactly have a bowling alley lawyer. She says she is recording. Somebody on the legal team would have either made the decision to get the video or they just didn't see any relevance to it since the whole interaction was already recorded.

EIther way, the only reason this became news is it was released 4 years later under the guise it was new and previously suppressed. I find that claim to be complete and total BS. 
Fwiw I edited my post above before I saw your reply. 

I think what you're saying makes sense, but i disagree that it was journalistically irrelevant when it was originally obtained.

I'm also perplexed why Encenia was not prosecuted for perjury, a woman died as a result of all this. And a video file would probably stand out if delivered to the family attorney. That he claims he never received it seems odd as well. I also think a recording from inside the car is highly relevant to the claim of Encenia that he was in fear of his life, that really seals the deal. 

Fwiw I edited my post above before I saw your reply. 

I think what you're saying makes sense, but i disagree that it was journalistically irrelevant when it was originally obtained.

I'm also perplexed why Encenia was not prosecuted for perjury, a woman died as a result of all this. And a video file would probably stand out if delivered to the family attorney. That he claims he never received it seems odd as well. I also think a recording from inside the car is highly relevant to the claim of Encenia that he was in fear of his life, that really seals the deal. 
The video was mostly irrelevant to the perjury charge. He gave two conflicting statements. He originally said his safety was in jeopardy and that is why he took her out of tge car. Then he later said it was because she got unruly when he told her to put out the cigarette(not looking up exact quotes). 

The video was mostly irrelevant to the perjury charge. He gave two conflicting statements. He originally said his safety was in jeopardy and that is why he took her out of tge car. Then he later said it was because she got unruly when he told her to put out the cigarette(not looking up exact quotes). 
She was unruly.  Neither one of them handled it well.

This has nothing to do with her hanging herself though.

Users who are viewing this thread