What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 SSL2 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Through 8:

QB - Russell Wilson (3.16)

RB - Jonathan Stewart (4.01), LaGarrette Blount (6.01), Shane Vereen (7.16)

WR - Demaryious Thomas (1.16), Jordy Nelson (2.01), Devante Parker (5.16)

TE - Austin Sefarian-Jenkins (8.01)

I think this is the first or one of the first times I have selected at the end of a 16 teamer...I don't love the "value" of a lot of my picks, but I am satisfied with myself that I am reaching for "my guys". I think Blount and Vereen are undervalued, but I had to pay top dollar to get them (so be it). It is an average team at best, but too often I follow like a lemming, and when you have 34 picks between yours, there is not much you can wait on. My three RBs will be pedestrian (though day one starters) and I should be good at QB and WR. TE could be good based on how/if I follow up with ASF.

through 8:

QB - Drew Brees, Jameis Winston

RB - Arian Foster, Darren McFadden

WR - Julio Jones, Sammy Watkins, Mike Wallace, Marques Colston

:football:
This is a very nice team...love the balance. I am curious what TE will look like for you. I specifically took Sefarian-Jenkins last round because I thought there would be a run...It was the right move for me since I have 34 picks between mine...curious if/how it will impact you.

through 8:

This is a very nice team...love the balance. I am curious what TE will look like for you. I specifically took Sefarian-Jenkins last round because I thought there would be a run...It was the right move for me since I have 34 picks between mine...curious if/how it will impact you.
I maybe should of taken a TE over Winston. I thought the QB run was coming though. all these TEs are the same at this point, pretty lousy with warts

through 8:

I maybe should of taken a TE over Winston. I thought the QB run was coming though. all these TEs are the same at this point, pretty lousy with warts
There are a fewb tight ends left I like enough to possibly double down soon.

But yeah, none are great.

I think I'll get k wright in every league at this price.

I own a cat. He's an 'intact' 3 year old male. For a while, he conquered the community, his domain growing larger over time.

The community thought that was pretty awesome for a long time. That changed dramatically last night.

At least he is 'intact' right now. By tomorrow he won't be. Bummer, Midnight. It was a good run.

PM'd PAE. Sorry to have dropped off the map for a bit.

through 8:

well in between my picks 8 TEs went off the board, and I still got Larry Donnell who scored over 200 plus points last year and was the 11th scoring TE.

Only 2 TEs that scored more than last year him went in those 8 picks, Heath Miller and Coby Fleener.

Hindsight, I would of taken Jordan Reed or one of the Colts TE, and waited to take a QB with this pick, even though the selections at QB are, IMO, far worse than Winston at this point

really like that Breshad Perriman pick. perfect for bestball

I snagged Chris Ivory as I figure a starting RB in round10 is worth a roll of the dice

through 8:

well in between my picks 8 TEs went off the board, and I still got Larry Donnell who scored over 200 plus points last year and was the 11th scoring TE.

Only 2 TEs that scored more than last year him went in those 8 picks, Heath Miller and Coby Fleener.

Hindsight, I would of taken Jordan Reed or one of the Colts TE, and waited to take a QB with this pick, even though the selections at QB are, IMO, far worse than Winston at this point
So I was correct in predicting there would be a run, and you were correct in that you could still get a proper TE...great pick BTW...I think that worked out very well for you. Imagine, 8 years ago, Donnell with that point total would have been like TE4-5.

Cam

Flacco

Charles

K Davis

Sproles

KB

Sanders

White

Wright

Britt

Cameron

Wanted to hedge charles worth Davis. Not real sure if that's a smart move or a scared move but even if charles stays healthy all year, Davis will probably see sufficient touches to be a worthwhile pick.

Really like wright, have him in 2 of 3 dynasty leagues. With mm throwing the ball, I figure he's in for a better year.

Don't really like either of my picks at the 10/11 turn but hopefully sproles will have his role and britt continues to show the potential we thought he had but never consistently showed in Nashville.

Last edited by a moderator:
5.08 Tony Romo QB DAL 6

11.08 Matt Cassell QB BUF 8

1.08 Adrian Peterson RB MIN 5

3.08 Carlos Hyde RB SF 10

6.09 Joique Bell RB DET 9

10.09 Devonta Freeman RB ATL 10

2.09 Mike Evans WR TB 6

4.09 Brandon Marshall WR NYJ 5

8.09 Victor Cruz WR NYG 11

12.09 Phillip Dorsett WR IND 10

7.08 Josh Hill TE NO 11

9.08 Eric Ebron TE DET 9

Did not plan on going RB at 10.09 but I couldn't pass up Freeman there. I don't get the Coleman love personally. Shanahan clearly signed off on him but how does he fit in the ZBS? He reminds me of McFadden and we know how well he did once the Raiders shifted out of a gap scheme. That foot also makes me nervous.

I'm a big buyer on Freeman right now.

Palmer / Bortles

Lacy / Spiller

Cobb / K. Allen / Larry Fitz / Moncrief

Ertz / D. Allen

D/ST Seahawks

I've owned Carson Palmer for years in Dynasty. Well, that doesn't say much. Unless something silly happens, he's going into the Season healthy. The O-Line is much improved and the running game has a nice new piece. The D is nasty. Not expecting miracles, just an 'inside the Top 16' performance. The Jags have gone out of their way to provide Bortles with decent weapons. I think he has some upside, but more importantly, I don't think he falls below his floor. With a healthy Palmer, I can survive with this duo.

I'm enamored with Lacy, the Packers Offense, and his role in it. To a lesser extent, I could say all the same things about Spiller. Need to backfill the position, but there are still some names left on my list.

Randall Cobb: see Lacy above. Keenan Allen = PPR Hog to me, with some Red Zone potential. Larry Fitz at WR3? Well, I'm already bullish on Palmer staying upright, so it stands to reason that one follows the other. Donte Moncrief kept falling and eventually I couldn't pass him up any longer. I'm going to try and acquire that guy cheaply everywhere this year. I think he's going to be paid little attention, thrive on matchups and way outproduce his draft position. I'd better be right because I lost out on a boatload of RB3's to land Moncrief as my WR4.

Ertz/D.Allen: I'm planning on getting mad points out of the TE Position this year. Love this Tandem.

Seahawks: never like to be the 1st guy to take a D/ST, but nothing stuck out at me when 11.07 rolled around. I'm set at QB and TE, love my WR group, so rather than reach for a mediocre RB, I figured I'd land me a tuna.

through 8:

RB - Arian Foster, Darren McFadden, Chris Ivory

WR - Julio Jones, Sammy Watkins, Mike Wallace, Marques Colston, Marqis Lee

TE - Larry Donnell, Jared Cook

Updated to add my most recent 4 picks

TE - Larry Donnell and Jared Cook

RB - Chris Ivory

WR - Marqis Lee
Had Lee typed in but changed my mind last minute (after seeing Ref take him in SSL1 -- and not sure he makes it back to me). I think Stevie Johnson can be an upgrade over Royal in the slot...and Royal was WR31 (WR39 PPG) last year.

through 8:

RB - Chris Ivory

WR - Marqis Lee
Was going to take Lee at 11.08 but figured I better get my qb2 while there was one left.

[SIZE=10.5pt]6.03 Ryan Tannehill 5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]9.14 Marcus Mariota 4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1.14 DeMarco Murry 8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2.03 CJ Anderson 7[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]7.14 Charles Sims 6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]3.14 Julian Edelman 4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]4.03 Jordan Matthews 9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]8.03 Anquan Boldin 10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]10.03 Breshad Perriman 9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]11.14 Doug Baldwin 9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]12.03 Stevie Johnson 10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]5.14 Antonio Gates 10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Feel like the draft got away from me with the Sims pick. Really like Sims but hate that pick now. Should have gone QB but didn’t think all QB2s would go before I picked again. But the teams with Luck, Peyton and Rodgers all drafted their QB2s round 8 also…not leaving really anything left. Suppose I should be “lucky” I was able to grab Mariota. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I would rather have Bradford/Smith, Freeman and Clay and solidify my QB2 and TE2. But instead I have Mariota, Sims and Perriman. Now I’m behind at both QB/TE backup positions. :wall: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Side note -- SL and Bloom keep throwing me curveballs. I keep guessing wrong and they keep taking my short list of players. SL in the beginning and Bloom the last couple rounds with Randle, Clay and Woodhead. :angry: [/SIZE]

through 8:

RB - Chris Ivory

WR - Marqis Lee
Had Lee typed in but changed my mind last minute (after seeing Ref take him in SSL1 -- and not sure he makes it back to me). I think Stevie Johnson can be an upgrade over Royal in the slot...and Royal was WR31 (WR39 PPG) last year.
I was close to taking lee over britt but figure britt has slightly higher weakly upside

FUBAR said:
Cam

Flacco

Charles

K Davis

Sproles

KB

Sanders

White

Wright

Britt

Cameron

R Rodgwrs - was my target since heath miller was taken. Not a player I'd want to rely on weekly but in best ball I'll take him here

Eagles D - was hoping the jets would fall but Philly scored well last year.

QB Aaron Rodgers GB

QB Same Bradford PHI

RB Frank Gore IND

RB Latavius Murray OAK

RB Jay Ajayi MIA

WR Dez Bryant DAL

WR Roddy White ATL

WR Steve Smith BAL

WR Dwayne Bowe CLE

WR Devin Funchess CAR

TE Julius Thomas JAC

TE Kyle Rudolph MIN

QB Aaron Rodgers GB

QB Same Bradford PHI

RB Frank Gore IND

RB Latavius Murray OAK

RB Jay Ajayi MIA

WR Dez Bryant DAL

WR Roddy White ATL

WR Steve Smith BAL

WR Dwayne Bowe CLE

WR Devin Funchess CAR

TE Julius Thomas JAC

TE Kyle Rudolph MIN
like this team a BUNCH

Cam

Flacco

Charles

K Davis

Sproles

KB

Sanders

White

Wright

Britt

Cameron

R Rodgers

Rivera - don't usually go 3 TE but he seemed decent value and Cameron isn't specimen of health

Eagles D

Suisun - he's a kicker with a job, good team, late bye I didn't have a conflict with yet

Palmer / Bortles

Lacy / Spiller

Ertz / D. Allen

D/ST Seahawks

I've owned Carson Palmer for years in Dynasty. Well, that doesn't say much. Unless something silly happens, he's going into the Season healthy. The O-Line is much improved and the running game has a nice new piece. The D is nasty. Not expecting miracles, just an 'inside the Top 16' performance. The Jags have gone out of their way to provide Bortles with decent weapons. I think he has some upside, but more importantly, I don't think he falls below his floor. With a healthy Palmer, I can survive with this duo.

I'm enamored with Lacy, the Packers Offense, and his role in it. To a lesser extent, I could say all the same things about Spiller. Need to backfill the position, but there are still some names left on my list.

Randall Cobb: see Lacy above. Keenan Allen = PPR Hog to me, with some Red Zone potential. Larry Fitz at WR3? Well, I'm already bullish on Palmer staying upright, so it stands to reason that one follows the other. Donte Moncrief kept falling and eventually I couldn't pass him up any longer. I'm going to try and acquire that guy cheaply everywhere this year. I think he's going to be paid little attention, thrive on matchups and way outproduce his draft position. I'd better be right because I lost out on a boatload of RB3's to land Moncrief as my WR4.

Ertz/D.Allen: I'm planning on getting mad points out of the TE Position this year. Love this Tandem.

Seahawks: never like to be the 1st guy to take a D/ST, but nothing stuck out at me when 11.07 rolled around. I'm set at QB and TE, love my WR group, so rather than reach for a mediocre RB, I figured I'd land me a tuna.
Added: Theo Riddick, Andre Williams, Mason Crosby and Markus Wheaton...

Let's get Crosby out of the way: Did exactly what I wanted - didn't draft the 1st PK, and still got one who could challenge for the NFL PK scoring title.

Entering 12.10, only had 2 RB. Time to go mining for gold! Big fan of Riddick, think he's underrated, and everyone is caught up in the Abdullah hype. I like Abdullah as well, but let's see how he picks up pass pro. Lions said goodbye to Bush before drafting Abdullah, and Riddick is a much more complete back than Bell, and a fierce competitor. Looking forward to seeing how this works out in Training Camp. Getting him in the mid-12th might wind up being a steal. I think Andre Williams has a great chance to see plenty of work for the Giants. Rashad Jennings doesn't scare anyone, and I think Vereen is going to have a clearly defined role. I think last year's #'s are his floor for 2015, and that ain't bad for a RB4. Markus Wheaton - too much Martavis Bryant hype for me. Plenty of balls to go around in this offense. Find out a lot about Wheaton this year, but my money is on him fighting for it...so for my WR5 I have an almost-every-down WR in the Steelers O? Sign me up!

BassNBrew said:
nittanylion said:
Strange lack of commentary. Added Jermaine Kearse. Think he's a great WR6 in Best Ball. I PM'd nugget.
4 months ago he was behind 3 other Seattle WRs. I don't even remember the name of the guy who looked so good in the Super Bowl.
Chris matthews. And thats the beauty of best ball. The 3 weeks kearse blows up. U get the score

QB - Ben Roethlisburger 11

Tom Brady 4

RB - Todd Gurley 6

Isaiah Crowell 11

Denard Robinson 8

Christine Michael 9

WR - Antonio Brown 11

T.Y. Hilton 10

Brandon LaFell 4

Tyler Lockette 9

Andre Holmes 6

TE - Owen Daniels 7

Coby Fleener 10

PK - Dan Bailey 6

Dan Carpenter 8

DEF - Arizona 9

Minnesota 5

One pick to go.

QB-Best pair in the league.

K-Two good ones.

DEF-Arizona was top 10 last year and I expect MN to jump up there this year.

TE-I need Peyton to make Daniels better, and Allen to miss games again. Probably middle of the road pair.

RB-Could be a hot mess. I need Gurley to be the best rookie RB since Peterson & Crowell to be above average.

WR-First 2 are great. LaFell could be good, especially when Brady comes back. Took Lockette to early and any OAK WR is a big question mark.

Should be decent enough to advance for a while.

2.06 Aaron Rodgers GB QB2 7

8.06 Sam Bradford PHI QB23 8

3.11 Frank Gore IND RB18 10

4.06 Latavius Murray OAK RB24 6

11.11 Jay Ajayi MIA RB51 5

17.11 DeAngelo Williams PIT RB65 11

1.11 Dez Bryant DAL WR3 6

6.06 Roddy White ATL WR34 10

7.11 Steve Smith BAL WR41 9

10.06 Dwayne Bowe CLE WR58 11

12.06 Devin Funchess CAR WR68 5

15.11 Jaelen Strong HOU WR80 9

5.11 Julius Thomas JAC TE8 8

9.11 Kyle Rudolph MIN TE21 5

13.11 Adam Vinatieri IND PK3 10

18.06 Patrick Murray TB PK31 6

14.06 Carolina Panthers D/ST13 5

16.06 Jacksonville Jaguars D/ST25 8

All in all I like this team. I considered going with 1 PK and taking an extra RB or WR in the last round. In the end I decided to take a 2nd kicker.

I'm looking forward to hearing others comments on my team.

All in all I like this team. I considered going with 1 PK and taking an extra RB or WR in the last round. In the end I decided to take a 2nd kicker.

A really strong team. Rudolph went in the 3rd in another draft. You have to have the best QBs. I think you got exceptional value on the vet WRs. I think DWilly was a wasted pick and would have preferred a 5th RB over Murray.

A really strong team. Rudolph went in the 3rd in another draft. You have to have the best QBs. I think you got exceptional value on the vet WRs. I think DWilly was a wasted pick and would have preferred a 5th RB over Murray.
Thanks for the feedback. I did give serious consideration on taking a 5th RB instead of a second kicker.. I went back and forth on it.

Final Production

RB - Arian Foster, Darren McFadden, Chris Ivory, Brandon Oliver

WR - Julio Jones, Sammy Watkins, Mike Wallace, Marques Colston, Marqis Lee, Danny Amendola

K - Justin Tucker, Phil Dawson

D - Miami Dolphins, Chicago Bears

OK, this was easily my least favorite of these drafts. Didn't do any prep post WSL, and it very much showed.

- Stuck with the RB/RB strategy, despite not loving an RB in the second. In retrospect could have gotten Gore in the 3rd and Blount in the 5th and would have like the team much better.

- Forgot that Maclin left the Eagles, would have taken someone else

- Wasn't paying enough attention to byes either, ended up with Tate in the 4th, with the same bye week as Maclin in the 3rd.

The outcome:

QB: Carr/Kaep (6th/7th)

Given the wait on a QB strategy, this is an ok combo. We'll see what Colin can do with a new coach (hopefully keep his job)

RB: McCoy/Hill/Jackson/Herron

Looking for Lesean to get back to old TD form, Hill to keep his gig and continue to perform, and get an occasional good one out of Jackson/handcuff McCoy (which I don't usually do). Herron looked good in the playoffs and Gore is getting up there in years...

WR: Maclin/Tate/Adams/Floyd/Jennings/Hartline

This could be ok - Maclin should end the KC WR TD drought. Getting Hartline (#1 WR on the Browns depth chart) in the last round will hopefully pay off. Floyd was surprisingly good last year, and we've got the current packer/former packer combo in Adams/Jennings.

TE: Walker/Toilolo

Love Walker, took a flyer on Toilolo. Almost took Tamme instead, but figured Toilolo more likely to have a multi-TD best ball special or two...

K: Parkey/Santos

Took K early to lock in a good one, then thought about going with only one, but figured that would kill me in the end.

D: Texans/Colts

Like having JJ Watt on my squad.

Overall, not too happy, which means I'm either headed for SSL4... or 1.

Flacco, Joe BAL QB 9

Newton, Cam CAR QB 5

- really like this duo (and have it in my main league), might not be the best but it's above average for sure, probably top 3.

Charles, Jamaal KCC RB 9

Davis, Knile KCC RB 9

Richardson, Trent OAK RB 6

Sproles, Darren PHI RB 8

- talking Davis will either save my butt or be a wasted pick. Might have been better off with McKinnon. I like having the safety net but my 3 and 4 aren't good. It's entirely possible I'll be relying on the Chiefs for both rb scores many weeks.

Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR 5

Britt, Kenny STL WR 6

Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR 7

White, Kevin CHI WR 7

Wright, Kendall TEN WR 4

- I like this group but there is risk. Relying on a rookie wr and rookie qb for my 3rd receiver is dangerous.

Cameron, Jordan MIA TE 5

Rivera, Mychal OAK TE 6

Rodgers, Richard GBP TE 7

- don't really like this group. Probably should have taken my 2nd TE a round earlier and added a rb instead of the 3rd te.

Suisham, Shaun PIT PK 11

Zuerlein, Greg STL PK 6

- two guys with jobs who don't share a bye week.

Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def 8

Falcon, Atlanta ATL Def 10

- almost passed on the falcon d to take Josh Robinson. I do think the falcon d will be much better this year than 31st.

Overall the team certainly goes against the grain, both from having my top 2 running backs on the same team and three tight ends. Is conventional better? I guess we'll see when I get booted in week 9.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Final Production

WR - Julio Jones, Sammy Watkins, Mike Wallace, Marques Colston, Marqis Lee, Danny Amendola

Well done BSS. A lot riding on McFadden. Really like your WR4-6. TE will be sufficient.

[SIZE=10.5pt]6.03 Ryan Tannehill 5[/SIZE]

9.14 Marcus Mariota 4

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1.14 DeMarco Murray 8[/SIZE]

2.03 CJ Anderson 7

7.14 Charles Sims 6

18.03 Terrance West 11

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]3.14 Julian Edelman 4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]4.03 Jordan Matthews 8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]8.03 Anquan Boldin 10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]10.03 Breshad Perriman 9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]11.14 Doug Baldwin 9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]12.03 Stevie Johnson 10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]5.14 Antonio Gates 10[/SIZE]

16.03 Robert Housler 11

17.14 Garrett Graham 9

[SIZE=10.5pt]13.14 Steven Hauschka 9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]14.03 Green Bay 7[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]15.14 Cleveland 11[/SIZE]

Not totally unhappy here... got Sniped a few times - Biggest was Moncrief, that one hurt....

Teddy Bridgewater

Andy Dalton

Not exciting but, I get more excited when I see other teams excited about lesser QB's ;)

As the draft unfolded, round 6/7 was the proper sweet spot for my draft position without going early QB, my next pick in round 8 would have netted me QB's I would only be happy with led by a top 5 early QB. Really, the only change here value-wise on my board would have been taking Romo in round 5 but, sacrificing WR talent IMO... And as good as Romo was last year he still wasn't a solid point leader / top 10 QB... Maybe Ben in rnd 4 but, that sounds rich to me, I prefer my bet on Andre Johnson there.

Le'Veon Bell

Lamar Miller

Jerick McKinnon

Monte Ball

Again, nothing too exciting - Hopefully Bell's suspension is reduced and I survive the early loss...After that I could have top RB1 numbers..Thought about Lacy here but, felt like the home run swing was with Bell while Lacy's numbers in that offense seem consistent and steady but, nothing challenging to outpace All Rb's like Bell with all his Rec's.... ..I like Miller this year as a steady contributor on what looks to be a much improved Offense / OL. Quietly a top 10 scoring RB last year. Mckinnon should contribute and be part of another improved offense and Ball is healthy and could be a piece of a good O. Like most teams, hanging on to those top 2 Rb's with the shortened 18 player rosters...

Alshon Jeffery

Andre Johnson

Jarvis Landry

Marvin Jones

Justin Hunter

Andrew Hawkins

Again, Had Moncrief penciled in here - after he went I waited a bit for WR4 and settled on Marvin Jones, not sure what to expect there... I do Expect "Edelman- like" reception numbers, yet cheaper, from Landry after 84 Rec as a rookie... Betting on Andre Johnson getting a big piece of that Indy Pie... My top 3 WR's led by Jeffery, could all near mid to bottom end WR1 numbers / top 15... Just need help from bottom 3. Was happy to get Hawkins, who I would have taken rounds earlier... (just checked - he went rnd 16 in SSL1)

Hunter is a wild card - he hurt me last year coming up small..

Heath Miller

Jordan Reed

Happy here... Miller always underrated... IMO these two set my TE production up with a solid Floor with potential for weekly Pops and better than avg production Vs anyone but Gronk... Reed would have been top 10 If healthy so, we'll see....

Overall.... Top 10 QB numbers, top 10 RB1 and RB2 (like last year) 3 Top 15 WR's and 2 Top 10 TEs'....

If healthy this team is probably the team to beat.......I'd definitely Side bet that piece of #### BSS just threw up... ;)

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Final Production

Well done BSS. A lot riding on McFadden. Really like your WR4-6. TE will be sufficient.
yeah I felt like this draft had a really good flow for me. McFadden is totally worth the roll of the dice right there. Although I have been snagging Joe Randle in dyno leagues too. My WRs feel deep. TE could be an issue but Cook seems to just score enough, and Eli and Donnell had some nice weeks together too

Not totally unhappy here... got Sniped a few times - Biggest was Moncrief, that one hurt....

Teddy Bridgewater

Andy Dalton

Not exciting but, I get more excited when I see other teams excited about lesser QB's ;)

As the draft unfolded, round 6/7 was the proper sweet spot for my draft position without going early QB, my next pick in round 8 would have netted me QB's I would only be happy with led by a top 5 early QB. Really, the only change here value-wise on my board would have been taking Romo in round 5 but, sacrificing WR talent IMO... And as good as Romo was last year he still wasn't a solid point leader / top 10 QB... Maybe Ben in rnd 4 but, that sounds rich to me, I prefer my bet on Andre Johnson there.

Le'Veon Bell

Lamar Miller

Jerick McKinnon

Monte Ball

Again, nothing too exciting - Hopefully Bell's suspension is reduced and I survive the early loss...After that I could have top RB1 numbers..Thought about Lacy here but, felt like the home run swing was with Bell while Lacy's numbers in that offense seem consistent and steady but, nothing challenging to outpace All Rb's like Bell with all his Rec's.... ..I like Miller this year as a steady contributor on what looks to be a much improved Offense / OL. Quietly a top 10 scoring RB last year. Mckinnon should contribute and be part of another improved offense and Ball is healthy and could be a piece of a good O. Like most teams, hanging on to those top 2 Rb's with the shortened 18 player rosters...

Alshon Jeffery

Andre Johnson

Jarvis Landry

Marvin Jones

Justin Hunter

Andrew Hawkins

Again, Had Moncrief penciled in here - after he went I waited a bit for WR4 and settled on Marvin Jones, not sure what to expect there... I do Expect "Edelman- like" reception numbers, yet cheaper, from Landry after 84 Rec as a rookie... Betting on Andre Johnson getting a big piece of that Indy Pie... My top 3 WR's led by Jeffery, could all near mid to bottom end WR1 numbers / top 15... Just need help from bottom 3. Was happy to get Hawkins, who I would have taken rounds earlier... (just checked - he went rnd 16 in SSL1)

Hunter is a wild card - he hurt me last year coming up small..

Heath Miller

Jordan Reed

Happy here... Miller always underrated... IMO these two set my TE production up with a solid Floor with potential for weekly Pops and better than avg production Vs anyone but Gronk... Reed would have been top 10 If healthy so, we'll see....

Overall.... Top 10 QB numbers, top 10 RB1 and RB2 (like last year) 3 Top 15 WR's and 2 Top 10 TEs'....

If healthy this team is probably the team to beat.......I'd definitely Side bet that piece of #### BSS just threw up... ;)
LOL.

well lets do it my man, not a lot of trash talking in these.

I would be all for a friendly wager, Heck last year when Soulfly was smack talking, we were going to try and do a survivor for money (BTW, still interested in that if someone wants to get the ball rolling and set up the Leaguesafe, etc....)

I would be all for a friendly wager, Heck last year when Soulfly was smack talking, we were going to try and do a survivor for money (BTW, still interested in that if someone wants to get the ball rolling and set up the Leaguesafe, etc....)
I participated in one of these last year. Made some stupid mistakes - WTF did I think the Philly QB would be great? :wall: drafting AD didn't help.

Would be up for it again and consider it charitable giving.

ETA: would anyone be in for this with an auction?

Palmer / Bortles

Lacy / Spiller

Ertz / D. Allen

D/ST Seahawks

Added: Theo Riddick, Andre Williams, Mason Crosby and Markus Wheaton...

Let's get Crosby out of the way: Did exactly what I wanted - didn't draft the 1st PK, and still got one who could challenge for the NFL PK scoring title.

Entering 12.10, only had 2 RB. Time to go mining for gold! Big fan of Riddick, think he's underrated, and everyone is caught up in the Abdullah hype. I like Abdullah as well, but let's see how he picks up pass pro. Lions said goodbye to Bush before drafting Abdullah, and Riddick is a much more complete back than Bell, and a fierce competitor. Looking forward to seeing how this works out in Training Camp. Getting him in the mid-12th might wind up being a steal. I think Andre Williams has a great chance to see plenty of work for the Giants. Rashad Jennings doesn't scare anyone, and I think Vereen is going to have a clearly defined role. I think last year's #'s are his floor for 2015, and that ain't bad for a RB4. Markus Wheaton - too much Martavis Bryant hype for me. Plenty of balls to go around in this offense. Find out a lot about Wheaton this year, but my money is on him fighting for it...so for my WR5 I have an almost-every-down WR in the Steelers O? Sign me up!
2015:

Palmer / Bortles

Lacy / Spiller / Riddick / Andre Williams / Starks

Cobb / K. Allen / Larry Fitz / Moncrief / Wheaton / Kearse

Ertz / D. Allen

Crosby / Janikowski

Seahawks

Very motivated for this Draft after coming in 2nd last year, my best finish in I don't know how many years of participating in these...

I'm fairly happy with this squad. QB explained in previous comments...took Starks with last pick of my Draft as Lacy insurance. That late, there just wasn't anything else that meant more to me than having him - he's one of those indispensable handcuffs this year, IMO...WR explained in previous comments, have to reiterate that I think going with Moncrief at WR4 before grabbing a RB3 will be a big crux of this Draft...but I'm very optimistic about Riddick/A.Williams. I'm probably alone in that, but that's why they play the games. Really like my best ball 'bench' between RB/WR...TE explained in previous comments, I think it's a tremendous tandem. PK, got 2 including one stud without overpaying, Seattle D/ST, not too far off the mark from when the other D/ST's started going off the board, so in hindsight I don't regret being the 1st to take a D/ST, even though that's the 1st time I can remember ever doing that.

Interesting distribution of Byes: no Week 4 or 5 Byes, only my backup PK off in Week 6, my 4 Packers off in Week 7 (Lacy, Starks, Cobb, Crosby including my 1st 2 Picks (Lacy, Cobb), only my backup QB and Ertz off in Week 8, with my Packers coming off their bye at Denver in Prime Time (SNF) - love that. Barring injury, I think I've got a decent chance to land immunity for Week 9 when I'm down my QB1 (Palmer), Larry Fitz and Seattle, and my backup QB (Bortles) is @ NYJ (ugh). If I make it past that, I only have 3 off in Week 10 and 3 off in Week 11 as well.

Well, a guy can dream. Who wants to step up and crush 'em?

QB - Stafford(9), Cutler(7)

RB - M. Gordon(10), T. Mason(6), R. Mathews(8), David Johnson(9), K. Carey(7)

WR - Cooks(11), M. Bryant(11), B. Quick(6), R. Streater(6), Marlon Brown(9)

TE - Gronk(4), Eifert(7)

PK - J. Brown(11), M. Prater(9)

Def - NE(4), Jets(5)

Meh......

Users who are viewing this thread