What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 WSL1 Discussion Thread....... (1 Viewer)

your mistake on Tyrell, kids an animal and will get better...Travis Benjamin is  a JAG, I love Kennan but he cant seem to stay on the field.....
:shrug: Doesn't matter. In fact, I agree he'll get better, but he's still going to lose targets to Keenan and Benjamin. As I've mentioned in other threads, unless you think Keenan has soft kidneys, he's not really injury prone. He had two normal football injuries in 4 years. He missed 2 games due to a twisted ankle on an awkward tackle in 2014 and he tore his ACL in the 1st game of 2016. The lacerated kidney is a fluke injury. The timing of the ACL was unfortunate. If it had happened in week 15 people wouldn't be freaking out about him missing games, but his recovery timeframe would be concerning for 2017. If he hadn't had the fluke kidney injury people's perception would be quite different.

I didn't know what to make of Benjamin going into 2015. Truthfully, he was pretty much off my radar, but it would be foolish to ignore what he did in Cleveland. He's not a complete WR, but he's obviously not a JAG, either. They brought him in to play a role and he'll play it. He looked really good before playing through injury (PCL). He had 28/394/2 in his first 5 games. I'm not saying Benjamin will get more targets than Tyrell, but he won't get benched. He's still going to get some targets. I know it's easy to write off guys who played poorly through injuries, but it's lazy and usually wrong to assume that's how they'll play when healthy.

I agree with this. Reason, Travis is not drafted yet. 
That's not a real reason.

Booker wouldn't have lasted nearly that long.  6th was earlier than I'd take him, but he'd be on my short list in the next couple rounds.
Mind if I ask why? I've got him on a dynasty team, but I'm not optimistic. I'll be patient with him, but what I saw last year was enough for me to write him off in redrafts this year. "Fool me once" as they say...

Mind if I ask why? I've got him on a dynasty team, but I'm not optimistic. I'll be patient with him, but what I saw last year was enough for me to write him off in redrafts this year. "Fool me once" as they say...
I'm not especially optimistic about him but I'm really not optimistic about most of the backs left.  He would probably be on my list of next 12 RBs, which seems about in the next few rounds.  I think he'll have the opportunity to perform and is as likely as the others on my list to do so. 

I'm not especially optimistic about him but I'm really not optimistic about most of the backs left.  He would probably be on my list of next 12 RBs, which seems about in the next few rounds.  I think he'll have the opportunity to perform and is as likely as the others on my list to do so. 
But he's not even in a RBBC. He's going to take a clear back seat to CJA. I'd think you'd rather have the passing back in a RBBC or someone with hope of goal line carries rather than a pure handcuff. I mean, the guy was about to lose his job to Kapri Bibbs! And when Bibbs got hurt, they brought in a washed up Forsett to split snaps with him. That doesn't bode well for him. He realistically could be 3rd on the depth chart to start the season.

But he's not even in a RBBC. He's going to take a clear back seat to CJA. I'd think you'd rather have the passing back in a RBBC or someone with hope of goal line carries rather than a pure handcuff. I mean, the guy was about to lose his job to Kapri Bibbs! And when Bibbs got hurt, they brought in a washed up Forsett to split snaps with him. That doesn't bode well for him. He realistically could be 3rd on the depth chart to start the season.
Admittedly, he's a higher risk pick. 

Admittedly, he's a higher risk pick. 
To say the least! Basically hoping for a CJA injury AND that he can hold off the competition this year unlike last year. To me, he's like RB60.

I forgot to add, Booker owners have to hope he was an Elway pick and not a Kubiak pick, because Kubiak is gone. Kubiak seemed to always have good things to say about him before he got his chance and flopped.

@FF Ninja the real point i think is that the sd offense... If all parts are healthy could be down right nasty.... Imagine. Keenan. Tyrell. Benji in the slot. Gates & hunter....gordon n woodhead.  Danny is a ufa...but rumor is they want to resign him.....

@FF Ninja the real point i think is that the sd offense... If all parts are healthy could be down right nasty.... Imagine. Keenan. Tyrell. Benji in the slot. Gates & hunter....gordon n woodhead.  Danny is a ufa...but rumor is they want to resign him.....
Oh, I'm a believer. Personally, I think they'd be better off with Ellington (also a FA) than Woodhead since, IMO, Woodhead is total crap as a runner, but the point remains, this offense could be really good. I just don't see how Tyrell's targets don't go way down. I think Kennan gets >144 (9/gm) and I expect a healthy Benjamin to at least maintain his 75 from last year. I have a hard time projecting anything more than 90 for Tyrell and can see scenarios where he gets less than that.

I also think they need to hand that job to Henry. Gates looks so slow now.

QB - Dalton 7.8

RB - Mark Ingram 2.9

WR - Mike Evans 1.8, Golden Tate 5.8 & Brandon Marshall 6.9

TE - Kyle Rudolph 3.8 & Jimmy Graham 4.9

Nice tight end depth and solid WR start.

QB - Dalton 7.8

RB - Mark Ingram 2.9

WR - Mike Evans 1.8, Golden Tate 5.8 & Brandon Marshall 6.9

TE - Kyle Rudolph 3.8 & Jimmy Graham 4.9

Nice tight end depth and solid WR start.
Those WRs are great, but the TE depth cost you at RB2 or QB1. Given that there's no flex in this league, I don't see the motivation for the early TE2.

Sorry for the delay. That's the traveling late night yesterday. National signing day. My Son signed yesterday to play soccer in the ACC

Key starting lineup now complete with the unsexy pick. 

Q: Mariota/Bortles - go AFC south! Bortles should continue to be a better ff qb than nfl, makes for a good backup. 

R: Gurley,  Hyde - two good buy low candidates. 

W: OBJ, Maclin, Meredith - OBJ provides the highlights, Maclin should rebound from a bad 2016, while I hope Meredith gets better qb play and continues to perform. 

T: walker - as solid as they come

So far I'm digging this team, but too many players are on bad teams. 

marshall is toast....
He'll be 33 so definitely in decline, but I wouldn't say toast. In addition to the decline, he might get cut, but he also lost his OC and the QB situation is up in the air... so obviously he's high risk. But you need some luck to win these leagues and he's that guy's WR3. 

BassNBrew said:
 Sorry for the delay. That's the traveling late night yesterday. National signing day. My Son signed yesterday to play soccer in the ACC
Awesome news! Congrats to y'all!

FF Ninja said:
He'll be 33 so definitely in decline, but I wouldn't say toast. In addition to the decline, he might get cut, but he also lost his OC and the QB situation is up in the air... so obviously he's high risk. But you need some luck to win these leagues and he's that guy's WR3. 
Leaving the Jets (even by getting cut) could be awesome for Marshall. He is 33 and his body should be declining, but speed goes first and Marshall does not need speed to be successful.

Mr. Irrelevant

Montgomery, Ty GBP WR

Thu Feb 2 12:02:24 p.m. ET 2017

Bad news: MFL doesn't do multi-positional eligibility. Good news: from what I could find, they set player positions based on the Rotoworld depth charts, which currently list this guy as the Pack's #1 RB and not at all on their WR depth chart.

So apparently, at this point in the draft, I own either 0, 1, or 2 Packers RBs, and I have no idea which.  :lol:

Mr. Irrelevant

Montgomery, Ty GBP WR

Thu Feb 2 12:02:24 p.m. ET 2017

Bad news: MFL doesn't do multi-positional eligibility. Good news: from what I could find, they set player positions based on the Rotoworld depth charts, which currently list this guy as the Pack's #1 RB and not at all on their WR depth chart.

So apparently, at this point in the draft, I own either 0, 1, or 2 Packers RBs, and I have no idea which.  :lol:
Just be aware that his position for next year will be based on where MFL puts him then, not the position you drafted him at.

Mr. Irrelevant said:
BassNBrew said:
Congrats to him! Unless that ACC school wasn't UVA, in which case, my condolences. 
Congrats if it's any school other than UNC .   :clap:

Charlottesville is awesome. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just be aware that his position for next year will be based on where MFL puts him then, not the position you drafted him at.
Figured as much, which is why I used some Google-fu before I drafted him to try to read the tea leaves. It sounds like he should be listed at RB in 2017 - although now that I type that, I realize I'm counting on a site that hasn't made a UI update in 15 years to be proactive about this.  :mellow:

QB - D. Carr (5.01), Wentz (6.16)

RB - D. Johnson (1.01), Lacy (7.01), Montgomery? (8.16)

WR - B. Cooks (2.16), T. Pryor (4.16), D-Jax (9.01)

TE - J. Reed (3.01)

Normally I'd be hesitant spending a 7th and an 8th locking down an RB slot, even on an offense as productive as GB's. But I'm pretty confident Lacy will test the FA waters and I'll take the potential upside of two lead backs for the price of one if that happens.

D-Jax seems like he's been undervalued ever since I joined these leagues. Yeah, he only finished WR39 last season but, in true Jackson fashion, it was via 7 games with 15+ points and 7 in single digits. Give me that distribution every time in best-ball, especially if the rumors are accurate and I get to stack him those weeks with my half-upside play, half-homer pick Wentz.

K Williams is Mike Williams, Clemson

Wasn't sure when to take him but 9th round seems decent. I may have reached a little but he should make a nice wr4 in the right spot.  Kinda hoping he's a Titan, but could see him as a raven. 

4.14 Cam Newton QB8 CAR
9.03 Tony Romo QB26 DAL

1.03 Ezekiel Elliot RB3 DAL
5.03 Thomas Rawls RB19 SEA
7.03 Adrian Peterson RB29 MIN

2.14 Doug Baldwin WR14 SEA
3.03 Tyreek Hill WR17 KC
6.14 Martavis Bryant WR39 PIT

8.14 Martellus Bennett TE15 NE

Hmmmm...guess I'm already on tilt and its only the WSL's.

Cam seemed like value and a solid pick nearing round 5 if you believe this was a down year and he and the rest of the team should improve.  I guess if you split the difference between this year and the year before he maybe is right where he should be, but I won't be surprised if he finishes top 4. Romo was a late target all along knowing he would fall but also knowing he will be starting for somebody next year.  He should piss all over QB26. 

Zeke was basically an auto pick as we know who the top 3 will be.  I have my own opinions on how they should be ranked, but you really can't go wrong with any of them (maybe). I'm assuming Rawls is the main man so I'll gobble him up all day at RB19.  Speaking of all day....I guess the Mock Draft Forum thinks ADP is dead with his initial ADP of RB29. Maybe I'm completely misreading it.  But whether he stays at a reduced rate or goes elsewhere, I still feel he has enough left to be a difference maker in the 7th round.  Dude has comeback before at a high level and I'm not gonna say it can't happen again. I'd actually prefer he go elsewhere, but I'll roll the dice at RB29 in the 7th.

Baldwin and Wilson seem to have a consistency thing going on that works pretty well in this format.  He was WR8 last year so a decent start at WR from the 2-3 turn. Hill was a reach at WR17....by one spot.  He finished WR18.  Dripping with best ball juiciness.  Will reach for him a ton in this format.  He will only get more touches. Bryant is the captain of my go big or go home attitude.  Another dice roll like ADP that I hope pays off. 

In the 8th I was sitting on Jared Cook, as I almost took him at the 6-7 turn but couldn't pass on ADP, and couldn't believe he almost made it back to me until Bass ####ed that all up. Bennett will suffice whether he stays in NE or not.  We get two extra picks in WSL so can throw some darts here later. 

Kinda feel like I'm sitting at the end of the bench by myself going "WTF?".....feels like I'm drafting from a totally different cheat sheet....even though I don't even have one... :banned:  

Leaving the Jets (even by getting cut) could be awesome for Marshall. He is 33 and his body should be declining, but speed goes first and Marshall does not need speed to be successful.
I agree that he could end up in a better situation. I wasn't saying all negative things. I was saying good or bad, these things make him risky. He could leave and end up somewhere nice or he could end up somewhere terrible. 

:shrug: Doesn't matter. In fact, I agree he'll get better, but he's still going to lose targets to Keenan and Benjamin. As I've mentioned in other threads, unless you think Keenan has soft kidneys, he's not really injury prone. He had two normal football injuries in 4 years. He missed 2 games due to a twisted ankle on an awkward tackle in 2014 and he tore his ACL in the 1st game of 2016. The lacerated kidney is a fluke injury. The timing of the ACL was unfortunate. If it had happened in week 15 people wouldn't be freaking out about him missing games, but his recovery timeframe would be concerning for 2017. If he hadn't had the fluke kidney injury people's perception would be quite different.

I didn't know what to make of Benjamin going into 2015. Truthfully, he was pretty much off my radar, but it would be foolish to ignore what he did in Cleveland. He's not a complete WR, but he's obviously not a JAG, either. They brought him in to play a role and he'll play it. He looked really good before playing through injury (PCL). He had 28/394/2 in his first 5 games. I'm not saying Benjamin will get more targets than Tyrell, but he won't get benched. He's still going to get some targets. I know it's easy to write off guys who played poorly through injuries, but it's lazy and usually wrong to assume that's how they'll play when healthy.

That's not a real reason.
Things kind of fell right for Williams last year, but I think the NFL talent is there....if you expect some regression WR36 still seems fair....and I can't argue with the pick considering the group he is in at about that price...

Marshall seems to have one foot out the door and in the analyst booth....but he is still gonna play this year and things should improve, no matter the situation as they can't get much worse.... 

Things kind of fell right for Williams last year, but I think the NFL talent is there....if you expect some regression WR36 still seems fair....and I can't argue with the pick considering the group he is in at about that price...
I dunno. I see a LOT of guys I'd rather have than Williams. For instance, I know he disappeared after the first 4-5 weeks, but I'd much rather have Marvin Jones than Tyrell Williams for 2017 and Marvin went WR45 - almost 2 rounds later. The difference I see between them is about 30 targets. They both serve a similar role on their offense, so I'm taking the guy with more targets and/or less competition.

@Stinkin Ref, your team looks really strong.  I gave a lot of thought to Baldwin and cam, only reason I didn't go cam is he's my qb1 in my main dyno and wanted to see where others valued him, plus there were quite a few QBs which I thought were equal available at 4.12

Completely spaced on Bryant, as I was focused on Maclin.  Romo should be a nice backup but he has to stay healthy for the inevitable bad games by cam. 

Figured as much, which is why I used some Google-fu before I drafted him to try to read the tea leaves. It sounds like he should be listed at RB in 2017 - although now that I type that, I realize I'm counting on a site that hasn't made a UI update in 15 years to be proactive about this.  :mellow:

QB - D. Carr (5.01), Wentz (6.16)

RB - D. Johnson (1.01), Lacy (7.01), Montgomery? (8.16)

WR - B. Cooks (2.16), T. Pryor (4.16), D-Jax (9.01)

TE - J. Reed (3.01)

Normally I'd be hesitant spending a 7th and an 8th locking down an RB slot, even on an offense as productive as GB's. But I'm pretty confident Lacy will test the FA waters and I'll take the potential upside of two lead backs for the price of one if that happens.

D-Jax seems like he's been undervalued ever since I joined these leagues. Yeah, he only finished WR39 last season but, in true Jackson fashion, it was via 7 games with 15+ points and 7 in single digits. Give me that distribution every time in best-ball, especially if the rumors are accurate and I get to stack him those weeks with my half-upside play, half-homer pick Wentz.
Carr/Johnson/Reed (if healthy) keep you in the mix most weeks....Cooks mixes in some stinkers but has immunity earning weeks as well.....I know what you mean about Djax and admit I am one that usually has a hard time pulling the trigger on him...

I dunno. I see a LOT of guys I'd rather have than Williams. For instance, I know he disappeared after the first 4-5 weeks, but I'd much rather have Marvin Jones than Tyrell Williams for 2017 and Marvin went WR45 - almost 2 rounds later. The difference I see between them is about 30 targets. They both serve a similar role on their offense, so I'm taking the guy with more targets and/or less competition.
that's a very fair assessment....can't argue...

Unless they draft his younger, bigger brother...

Unless they draft his younger, bigger brother...
They just signed him to a 5 year $40M deal and Tate is still there as the possession WR. Detroit has enough problems at WR that I will be shocked if they try to draft a Marvin replacement this year.

They just signed him to a 5 year $40M deal and Tate is still there as the possession WR. Detroit has enough problems at WR that I will be shocked if they try to draft a Marvin replacement this year.
I read your post wrong, I was referring to Tyrell. 

But I can see the Lions bringing in a better receiver.  

I read your post wrong, I was referring to Tyrell. 

But I can see the Lions bringing in a better receiver.  
I could see them drafting a guy later to develop for the future (Tate has $9.3M cap number in 2018), but I highly doubt Tate and Jones are not the starters in 2017. And I expect both of them to be north of 110 targets. 

I could see them drafting a guy later to develop for the future (Tate has $9.3M cap number in 2018), but I highly doubt Tate and Jones are not the starters in 2017. And I expect both of them to be north of 110 targets. 
It probably won't happen but I'd love to see a certain speedy receiver from out west in motown.  Not to name drop here but I suspect we're all tracking the various rookie prospects.

4.14 Cam Newton QB8 CAR
9.03 Tony Romo QB26 DAL

1.03 Ezekiel Elliot RB3 DAL
5.03 Thomas Rawls RB19 SEA
7.03 Adrian Peterson RB29 MIN

2.14 Doug Baldwin WR14 SEA
3.03 Tyreek Hill WR17 KC
6.14 Martavis Bryant WR39 PIT

8.14 Martellus Bennett TE15 NE

Really solid team you're putting together here GB ... you've sniped me by two picks coming back the last three times in a row now ...  :rant:

Only two picks I wouldn't have made - I think it's a coin-flip whether Rawls is any good, and even if he is he'll have to hold off at least 2 young guys and deal with the league's worst OL ... too many risks there to pay an RB19 price. And Tyreek was a massive reach (which at least you acknowledged). I've heard this story of "they'll find ways to get the ball in his hands" about Lockett, Harvin, Baby Hawk ... even Antwan Randle El if you want to go down memory lane ... and it usually results in lots of highlight-reel time and not quite as much actual fantasy production as people hope. Maybe Tyreek winds up being the exception but that's a really steep price to pay to find out.

Really solid team you're putting together here GB ... you've sniped me by two picks coming back the last three times in a row now ...  :rant:

Only two picks I wouldn't have made - I think it's a coin-flip whether Rawls is any good, and even if he is he'll have to hold off at least 2 young guys and deal with the league's worst OL ... too many risks there to pay an RB19 price. And Tyreek was a massive reach (which at least you acknowledged). I've heard this story of "they'll find ways to get the ball in his hands" about Lockett, Harvin, Baby Hawk ... even Antwan Randle El if you want to go down memory lane ... and it usually results in lots of highlight-reel time and not quite as much actual fantasy production as people hope. Maybe Tyreek winds up being the exception but that's a really steep price to pay to find out.
Rawls moved to Cleveland? 

Eta: Nevermind, you're right.   It's actually shocking how high the Browns ol is ranked (16th).  I distinctly recall them being a sieve this year.

I expect Hill's value to drafters to be all over the map heading into next year, but I think there will be at least one idiot like me in every draft that will think he is worth it and keep him sniffing an ADP of around 20....

he really didn't start becoming part of the game plan until midway through the season and still finished as a borderline WR1 in this 16 team format....6 points behind a guy like Tate and 10 points behind the last WR1 (WR16 DT)....from weeks 7-17 he was WR6....something looks different between him and the guys you mentioned...I don't really consider the price that steep since it is basically where he finished....I can see why some may think he is a one hit wonder, but I'll be happy being that guy that keeps his ADP right in this area in these leagues....

QB: Brady, Flacco. Top QB as the 1 and did not want to be left with all the uncertainty out there. Healthy Perriman and Maxx should help the cause. Not flashy but very solid backup who will help for highest scoring position

RB: Fournette, Bernard, Martin. I love the big rookie and think steal who will only go higher each new SL draft. Probably round 1 when all is said and done. Bernard gets carries and provides PPR. Marin hopefully stays healthy and gets chance elsewhere. Lots of teams need RB and he has some talent. Not great but not bad. Was thinking Foreman and he went W2 picks later 

WR: Cooper, sanders, White. Hoping Coop finally lives up to potential and becomes another Julio or AJ finally. Sanders was good value and provide many weeks. Can White stay healthy. I think the talent is there. Probably go heavy here with darts since some other positions have less question marks

TE: Olsen, Hooper. Got an old reliable and an up and comer. I did not want to be left out of TE run that had happened but the other 2 are still available that I looked at. Fleener had been my first choice but Hooper gets better all the time and I think very close to Hunter Henry in ability. See nice improvement next year. Probably done here but might take flyer with 20 rounds. No panic. 

I like it but many players could be exchanged and I would still like. Only few teams, that I don't like when looking . 

I had to predraft as I am leaving on a work trip today. I need an RB badly so I put a placeholder name and will take whichever is left when it gets to me of:

1) Jamaal Williams Rookie

2) Mixon Rookie

QB. Brees....brock oz

Rb. Lamar miller. Jeremy hill. Fat rob kelley.

Wr. Kelvin benjamin. Jordan mathews. Breshad perriman

Te. Gronk. Cj fedor

Too many texans.........

congrats on your kid bass good ####!

so justin howe with no TEs yet. dont see how he has a chance

Stephen Holloway said:
I had to predraft as I am leaving on a work trip today. I need an RB badly so I put a placeholder name and will take whichever is left when it gets to me of:

1) Jamaal Williams Rookie

2) Mixon Rookie
You got Jamal Williams

I'll take Mixon with 10.12

Users who are viewing this thread