What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Calling all Sneakerheads, The Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Pissed I didn't get the OW AJ1s when they dropped even though I had notifications turned on and everything.

Went a little overboard the past couple weeks. Bought the Jordan 6 Tinkers that were released in October (Finishline has them on sale for $150), Shox R4 triple black, and yesterday got 3 pairs of the infrared 6’s. 

I think I’m done buying sneakers for a while. 
Let me know how the shox are. I never got the OGs back in the day. Heard they were murder on the knees.

Let me know how the shox are. I never got the OGs back in the day. Heard they were murder on the knees.
I haven’t tried on my new ones yet, but the R4’s are probably my favorite sneaker of all time. I’ve probably owned 8-10 pairs in various colors over the years. Extremely comfortable. 

SNKRs sucks. I know multiple people that are like in the 0-for-20 to 30 range on that app.
It is absolutely horrible. SNKRs pass is even worse. Bots kill it, but I have had some limited success. I find that if I interact on the nike+ app and like certain products or click around that I end up winning a draw or standard pair here and there. They definitely reward loyalty too. The more I buy the more frequent the wins come.

Have to say that most of my success is on international sites, small boutique shops across the US, random restocks, or the footsite app raffles. The bots are too difficult to combat to have success with Nike products through their app on release.

Actually got the Couture 1s bia SNKRS. But yeah, never won a draw on SNKRS for anything really hyped.
Bruhhhh you got those? Jealous af tbh lol. App gave me an L on those yesterday. They not absurd on resell though so I'm still considering. But a few Jordan 4's coming out over the next few weeks so I'm weighing my options.

People who won those Doernbecher's yesterday on the raffle are making bank today.

Bruhhhh you got those? Jealous af tbh lol. App gave me an L on those yesterday. They not absurd on resell though so I'm still considering. But a few Jordan 4's coming out over the next few weeks so I'm weighing my options.

People who won those Doernbecher's yesterday on the raffle are making bank today.
Yeah, looking forward to getting them in-hand. They're different but I like them.

Those DB6s are a nice come up. Looks like they're going for $1,000 on StockX... can't imagine paying that much for a pair of sneakers. I'm a retail or less kind of guy.

Which 4s are you going after?

Ignoramus said:
Yeah, looking forward to getting them in-hand. They're different but I like them.

Those DB6s are a nice come up. Looks like they're going for $1,000 on StockX... can't imagine paying that much for a pair of sneakers. I'm a retail or less kind of guy.

Which 4s are you going after?
The black/red colorway. Just saw on my Twitter feed they drop May 11th. I know, I know, same colorway as the Infrareds most of us just picked up. I can't help it. Just such a classic look that pops.

Big weekend. The Bred 4's in their original '89 version drop Saturday. I'm thinking should be an easy cop, if the overabundance of the recent 5's and 6's are any indication. Will probably be plenty to go around.

Big weekend. The Bred 4's in their original '89 version drop Saturday. I'm thinking should be an easy cop, if the overabundance of the recent 5's and 6's are any indication. Will probably be plenty to go around.
The 4s should be an easy cop. I already got my Footaction reservation notification. Will probably go ahead and try to double up on SNKRS.

Fairly easy cop on the 4's. Good s###. Now got my 4, 5, and 6 Breds all lined up. Apart from the 1's (duh), the 4, 5, 6 are the only J's I'm really crazy about. Although I'll be shooting for the Bred 11's at the end of the year.

Also recently picked up the Jordan 3 Tinkers on sale, so excited for those too. Saw an online review of them with the red swoosh in place and it takes the shoe to another level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys get tired of all these Jordan re-releases?  I don't know, it was cool a few years ago but there are only so many color ways before it just gets repetitive.   Decided on these instead.  Big fan:  https://www.barneys.com/product/christian-louboutin-men-27s-rankick-flat-leather-sneakers-505602993.html
Jordan releases? Idk, not really. Breds never go out of style. Other colorways...possibly. But there only a handful I would bother buying anyway. The sneaker game on the whole is just too varied at this point to get bored with. Those are nice kicks. Clean, simple. I mean I don't like the price point lol but what else would I expect with designer...

About to drop a couple bills on some Container Store drop front boxes. My closet is out of control.

I like the variety of colorways. I obviously have some pairs that get worn more than others but enjoy the collecting and wearing different ones.

Jordan releases? Idk, not really. Breds never go out of style. Other colorways...possibly. But there only a handful I would bother buying anyway. The sneaker game on the whole is just too varied at this point to get bored with. Those are nice kicks. Clean, simple. I mean I don't like the price point lol but what else would I expect with designer...
I hear that.  I'll never get bored with sneakers but the Jordan thing just seems overdone.  I'm more talking all the reseller hype and overcharging for bs.  Go ahead, make all the colors you want but after a while it's just over saturation of the market.  The novelty wears off for me.  The last ones I've seen that were mildly interesting were the Levis 4's and I'm more of a 1 and 3 guy.  

ShamrockPride said:
Something I want to do at some point down the road, but all my boxes are in primo condition so I'm like why get rid of them right now?
Mine are too, but sometimes it's a PITA to find a specific shoe unless the box is unique, plus I'm not always good about putting them back in the box after wearing so my closet's a disaster.

The Travis Scott AJ1 release was a doo doo show. 30 minutes of errors, mobile verifications, invalid passwords, and more errors.
As expected. Sold out in 2 minutes. Actually set my alarm the night before, woke up Saturday, and just said nope, not worth the cluster this is gonna be, and slept in lol.

ShamrockPride said:
As expected. Sold out in 2 minutes. Actually set my alarm the night before, woke up Saturday, and just said nope, not worth the cluster this is gonna be, and slept in lol.
Some people I know got in like 20 minutes after the drop and managed to hit via SNKRS app. Had the same errors as I was getting and then *BAM*, GOT EM. It was frustrating to say the least.

im buying some Bred 4's when available.   Thos were one of my favorites.  I also had the white and blue for bball
Don't pay resale bruh! Have a strong feeling you'll be seeing fairly frequent restocks over the next few weeks. Same thing happened with the 6's a few months ago. They just kept restocking. Just keep an eye out.

Don't pay resale bruh! Have a strong feeling you'll be seeing fairly frequent restocks over the next few weeks. Same thing happened with the 6's a few months ago. They just kept restocking. Just keep an eye out.
Oh I'm in no rush....  I'm not like I was in college.   I get no satisfaction of having them "first" lol    :)

:goodposting:

I use the app J23 that alerts to restocks. There's also a few twitter accounts that you can follow for alerts.

I dont know what that means, but if that’s asking if I got any, unfortunately not. I was in line then it said it was a payment error, which is BS since everything was correct and I could buy something right after.
Dang, those would be sick out on the course. But yeah, unfortunately that's a common occurrence for hot sneaker (or golf in this case) releases. Just kind of a thing people have come to accept as bots flood these sites to buy them in minutes, if not seconds. No company really cares to fix cause at the end of the day, they're getting their money anyways.

I dont know what that means, but if that’s asking if I got any, unfortunately not. I was in line then it said it was a payment error, which is BS since everything was correct and I could buy something right after.
Yep, was asking if you got them.

"Payment error" is a pretty common occurrence when servers are getting slammed. It happens.

I was going for the Trophy Room 5s today but missed out. Did manage to snag a pair of the Seoul AM97s so not all bad.

Sotheby’s in New York is hosting an auction of what it is calling the “Ultimate Sneaker Collection,” and some of the coveted shoes are already sold.

From July 11 through July 23, the online-only auction, in collaboration with sneaker marketplace Stadium Goods, will offer up 100 of the rarest sneakers in history, with some of the kicks expected to sell for more than 6-figures.

Not planning to drop $100,000 on a pair? Sneakerheads are still able to drool over the historical pieces at the Sotheby’s New York gallery until the auction ends, and the sneakers are transported from their glass cases to their new owners.

The collection includes works by Nike, Air Jordan, Adidas, and Yeezy. Here are some standout pieces from the collection:

Top Celeb Photos: 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' Photo Call

The 1972 Nike Waffle Racing Flat ‘Moon Shoe’

The most historically significant pair in the collection, The Nike ‘Moon Shoe,’ was created circa 1972 for runners in that year’s Olympic trials. They were designed by Nike co-founder Bill Bowerman and were handmade by one of Nike’s first employees, Geoff Hollister.

Its careful construction gives these shoes some special handmade qualities, including shear markings from scissors near the soles and a hand-stitched ‘swoosh’, not to mention textured soles that were molded with a waffle iron. Only about 12 pairs were created, and Sotheby’s is showcasing the only pair known to exist in unworn condition. They are estimating the shoe to sell for $110,000 to $160,000 -- a sum big enough to buy a Maserati.

Police yesterday morning shut down an out-of-control Bowery pop-up selling a limited-edition sneaker collaboration between adidas and AriZona Iced Tea. The huge crowds were the collective answer to the question, what happens when you sell a rare sneaker for 99 cents?

The collaboration yielded two limited-quantity styles – Yung 1 and Continental. Both were available exclusively at the two-day pop-up at Parasol Projects on the Bowery.

Sneaker-heads began queuing outside 206 Bowery at 3am to guarantee a pair. By yesterday morning, the whole block was mobbed, with throngs of kids spilling into the street. Things turned violent when the crowd learned that there wouldn’t be enough sneakers to go around.

One neighbor relayed a play-by-play:

People were pushing and screaming en masse in the part of the line near 220 Bowery. After crowd/line size went around both sides of the block and got out of control, police and/or the venue cancelled event, only allowing people with ‘bracelet’ to go inside. They had megaphones and were still trying explain that and event cancellation and to get people to disperse earnestly starting at about 10am or 10:15am. Not many in the crowd were leaving as of about 10:20am. Many were yelling and chanting after police announcements. Two ambulances standing by (not sure if they were needed). Numerous police vehicles (approx 😎 and officers continued to announce, ‘Event has been closed…’ crowd finally dispersed at about 10:30am, some info traffic.

Police ultimately canceled the event and made two arrests, according to Gothamist.

And Yeezy Day is mercifully over after a 14-hour grindfest. Long freaking day.

I did manage to walk away with a pair of Creams and Vantas, though.

The 1972 Nike Waffle Racing Flat ‘Moon Shoe’

The most historically significant pair in the collection, The Nike ‘Moon Shoe,’ was created circa 1972 for runners in that year’s Olympic trials. They were designed by Nike co-founder Bill Bowerman and were handmade by one of Nike’s first employees, Geoff Hollister.

Its careful construction gives these shoes some special handmade qualities, including shear markings from scissors near the soles and a hand-stitched ‘swoosh’, not to mention textured soles that were molded with a waffle iron. Only about 12 pairs were created, and Sotheby’s is showcasing the only pair known to exist in unworn condition. They are estimating the shoe to sell for $110,000 to $160,000 -- a sum big enough to buy a Maserati.
I would buy these shoes, but only if they were my size.

Tomorrow is the day mi boys.

The Air Jordan 11 Retro Breds drop at 10am. If they're anything like the other major Jordan drops this year, there should be plenty to go around. Will probably see a few full run restocks the weeks ensuing the initial drop. A must cop IMO. Gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread