What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Stefon Diggs, HOU (3 Viewers)

No but if 'throws high' and gets Diggs hurt, that seems like career suicide.
Of course I was joking about Cousins purposely trying to get his teammates injured.  I just think Diggs talking bad about Cousins is in very poor taste.  Cousins will still be the MIN QB in 2020, and if Diggs remains, it creates friction.

Haters going to hate.

What Diggs is tweeting about from my understanding is about life not football. But go ahead and judge his character as if football is the only thing he cares about.

Haters going to hate.

What Diggs is tweeting about from my understanding is about life not football. But go ahead and judge his character as if football is the only thing he cares about.
Is that why he deleted all the Vikings stuff from his instagram?

I think it's obvious by now that Diggs has some sort of problem with the organization that leaks out from time to time.  This passive aggressive stuff happened before when he skipped a practice. 

I'm not saying he's forcing his way out, but he's not so subtly making a statement. 

Is that why he deleted all the Vikings stuff from his instagram?
I don't pay any attention to what players are doing on instagram or twitter or facebook or whatever.

According to Vikings podcasters I have listened to recently Diggs deleted all of his stuff from Instagram that wasn't fashion related. Instagram does seem like a good medium for these types of things I suppose and perhaps he is just narrowing his focus on that. 

I think it's obvious by now that Diggs has some sort of problem with the organization that leaks out from time to time.  This passive aggressive stuff happened before when he skipped a practice. 
Obvious?

I think people assume some of his comments on social media, which are cryptic at times are in some way related to his attitude towards the team, when most of it isn't about that at all.

People see what the want to see.

Diggs doesn't mind people being opinionated about this and he may even enjoy watching people over react to him, I am not sure. I have heard some who are paying more to it than I am (not hard) say they think Diggs enjoys people talking about him.

I'm not saying he's forcing his way out, but he's not so subtly making a statement. 
I don't know why people think he is trying to force his way out. I would think if he were that the guys I am listening to would say so. They do not seem to think he is.

They talk about the possibility because iits the offseason.

His deal is decent for the quality of player he is but the garunteed money such that it would be very restrictive for the Vikings to accelerate the cap hit on a deal that Diggs signed just last season.

Diggs himself has said things like "Cousins is my guy" and so on as his most direct response to all this speculation about a trade, yet no one talks about that.

If they do trade DIggs it will cost at least  a 1st and 3rd round pick. Diggs is maybe worth that to a team. The Vikings will not sell him cheaply and I don't think the Vikings are interested in trading DIggs at all. The offer would have to be very rich and somehow Diggs was forcing their hand.

The rumors will continue through the offseason. I just think its a bunch of smoke and writer speculation though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't pay any attention to what players are doing on instagram or twitter or facebook or whatever.

According to Vikings podcasters I have listened to recently Diggs deleted all of his stuff from Instagram that wasn't fashion related. Instagram does seem like a good medium for these types of things I suppose and perhaps he is just narrowing his focus on that. 

Obvious?

I think people assume some of his comments on social media, which are cryptic at times are in some way related to his attitude towards the team, when most of it isn't about that at all.

People see what the want to see.

Diggs doesn't mind people being opinionated about this and he may even enjoy watching people over react to him, I am not sure. I have heard some who are paying more to it than I am (not hard) say they think Diggs enjoys people talking about him.

I don't know why people think he is trying to force his way out. I would think if he were that the guys I am listening to would say so. They do not seem to think he is.

They talk about the possibility because iits the offseason.

His deal is decent for the quality of player he is but the garunteed money such that it would be very restrictive for the Vikings to accelerate the cap hit on a deal that Diggs signed just last season.

Diggs himself has said things like "Cousins is my guy" and so on as his most direct response to all this speculation about a trade, yet no one talks about that.

If they do trade DIggs it will cost at least  a 1st and 3rd round pick. Diggs is maybe worth that to a team. The Vikings will not sell him cheaply and I don't think the Vikings are interested in trading DIggs at all. The offer would have to be very rich and somehow Diggs was forcing their hand.

The rumors will continue through the offseason. I just think its a bunch of smoke and writer speculation though.
There has been a lot of smoke here, so there must be some fire.  I don't buy the Diggs is just doing it to generate interest - it goes beyond social media as iirc he held out of a practice over lack of offensive involvement?

To clarify, I meant that he's making a statement that could be 'I want the ball more' rather than he wants to be traded.  I don't know of any problem he has with Cousins. 

From what I understand Zimmer likes to think he runs a tight ship. If Diggs' antics are even giving the perception of undermining Zimmer I wouldn't expect him to be thrilled with it. 

It does seem like more than nothing. 

There has been a lot of smoke here, so there must be some fire. 
Has there been a lot of smoke?

Just because a bunch of people freak out about it does not mean there is anything more to it than them freaking out.

I don't buy the Diggs is just doing it to generate interest - it goes beyond social media as iirc he held out of a practice over lack of offensive involvement?
Last season when this stuff began Diggs missed a practice. He was fined for it. He said he was sick but that seems unlikely This was after the Vikings lost to the Bears and the offense did nothing in that game. That was the incident and now everything DIggs does is scruitinized in the same light as that event. 

If you recall the Vikings went onto a fantastic run of games following that.

To clarify, I meant that he's making a statement that could be 'I want the ball more' rather than he wants to be traded.  I don't know of any problem he has with Cousins. 

From what I understand Zimmer likes to think he runs a tight ship. If Diggs' antics are even giving the perception of undermining Zimmer I wouldn't expect him to be thrilled with it. 

It does seem like more than nothing. 
Zimmer hasn't expressed any issue with Diggs that I am aware of. 

I think it is a whole lot of nothing.

I guess Diggs Mom said on Twitter that Diggs should be traded to Washington for Trent Williams. But this is his Mom wanting him to live close to her again so she can see him more, thats it. If I were Diggs I would want to stay with the Vikings.

If DIggs did not want to be a Vikings all he had to do is not sign a new contract last season and he would be a free agent right now. 

Biabreakable said:
I guess Diggs Mom said on Twitter that Diggs should be traded to Washington for Trent Williams. But this is his Mom wanting him to live close to her again so she can see him more, thats it. If I were Diggs I would want to stay with the Vikings.
Not that its really on the table, but assuming Williams is the player he was before sitting out last season, that is a pretty good deal for both teams. Williams helps more the Vikings more than Diggs right now, and Diggs would help the Redskins more than Williams long term.

Not that its really on the table, but assuming Williams is the player he was before sitting out last season, that is a pretty good deal for both teams. Williams helps more the Vikings more than Diggs right now, and Diggs would help the Redskins more than Williams long term.
I'm sure Diggs Mom could do a fine job as a GM.

She should care about her son more than that though. Washington is a very poorly run organization.

She's just being selfish. Diggs likely explained this to her offline.

Heatman said:
Anyone trying to read into Diggs tweets is barking up the wrong tree. He LOVES to post random tweets just to see what people will say.
Sure, that's also what every PR department uses for spin just about every time somebody's emotions get the best of them and they do, post or say something that needs to be spun. 

Case in point Alshon Jeffery. 

Vikings GM Rick Spielman said "there is no reason to anticipate that Stefon Diggs is not going to be a Minnesota Viking" in 2020.

It's possible Spielman changes his tune if Diggs continues stirring up controversy and expressing his frustration with Kirk Cousins, but the team clearly isn't ready to move on (or simply lacked suitors) at this point of the season. Parting with Diggs, who turns 27 in November, at this time would also be a backwards move for the organization since any trade would leave behind $14.8M in dead cap space. He's fully expected back in Minnesota as a WR2 for fantasy next year.

SOURCE: Minnesota Vikings on Twitter

Feb 25, 2020, 11:47 AM ET

If he is traded, I'd love to see him in DC. It would also be great for Thielen's value I'd think. And hopefully a lot more of Smith Jr this year....
The only rumor I've seen is Seattle so far.

New England could get in the mix too - Brady has to be going back there.  There is nowhere else for him to go and win, other than home to his family.

The only rumor I've seen is Seattle so far.

New England could get in the mix too - Brady has to be going back there.  There is nowhere else for him to go and win, other than home to his family.
New England would be a good fit....because Brady would need weapons.....but the way they spread the ball around, Diggs would likely throw his little tantrums almost weekly.

Just throwing a random possibility out there:

What about Diggs to Baltimore for Marlon Humphrey? Vikings get a young #1 CB(albeit in a contract year) who is exactly Zimmer's type of CB. Ravens get a legit #1 WR, and were 50-50 to re-sign Humphrey next year, as they just signed Peters long term.

I actually think the Vikings would be winning that deal, but I'm trying to come up with something that makes sense for both sides, and I kind of doubt Diggs would be dealt for just picks or some scrub(unless Bill O'Brien suddenly switched teams)

Rotoworld:

Stefon Diggs posted on social media Monday that it is "time for a new beginning," and that "something's going to happen."

The second post was in reply to a Twitter troll calling Diggs a "drama queen." "Nah this ain’t one of them times champ," Diggs replied. Diggs' comments come the same day Kirk Cousins signed a new two-year extension. Things have not appeared right between Diggs and his quarterback for some time. The Vikings have 26-year-old Diggs under contract at highly-reasonable rates through 2023. They have little incentive to just give him away.

SOURCE: Stefon Diggs on Twitter

Mar 16, 2020, 3:36 PM ET

Dude seemed like a really good guy a few seasons ago. Now he's a diva and a malcontent. What really happened?
The Vikings only threw the ball 466 times last year which was the 3rd fewest in the league. Only the Titans and Ravens passed the ball less.

Hard to make hay as a WR without opportunity. Mutiny early last year from the WR crying out that the Vikings need to throw the damn ball.

Kirk Cousins extended for 2 more years.

That’s how you do it O’Brien

damn good haul for Diggs
As a Bills fan, I can’t help but have mixed feelings after seeing how little the Cards gave up for Hopkins and how much the Bills gave up for Diggs. Bills must not have been as sold on this year’s WR crop as all of the draft experts.

At first glance you have to see this as a downgrade, but looking at it further its an upgrade IMO. Not a massive upgrade, but an upgrade. His ceiling depends on Allen developing further as a passer. His floor is pretty much the same I think 
Yeah, this is one of those scenarios where there's a great deal of uncertainty around a player seemingly destined for greatness but always with a hitch in the situational giddyup. 

As Diggs owner this feels like a downgrade to me. Maybe I’m undervaluing Josh Allen I dunno.
I would agree.   Cousins is what he is, but he is accurate anyways, unlike Allen.  (vikes just havnt thrown a lot last couple years). 

I would think Diggs isn’t super jacked about this move either, but he got what he wanted and he wanted out of MN.  

As a Bills fan, I can’t help but have mixed feelings after seeing how little the Cards gave up for Hopkins and how much the Bills gave up for Diggs. Bills must not have been as sold on this year’s WR crop as all of the draft experts.
Agreed. Reverse WRs in those trades & seems much more even.

Users who are viewing this thread