What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Stefon Diggs, HOU (1 Viewer)

Patrick Peterson dominated, and was smart enough to hold him when he did get beat. I think we're seeing some of his weakness that his scouting report said: he's not very strong and can be over matched by physical corners.

So was this guy complete fools gold who hit a lucky hot streak, or can he develop into a consistent playmaker? In dynasty, can he grow into a T.Y. Hilton type (but limited by his QB right now)? A WR2 with a big weekly ceiling? Or will he be less than that?

So was this guy complete fools gold who hit a lucky hot streak, or can he develop into a consistent playmaker? In dynasty, can he grow into a T.Y. Hilton type (but limited by his QB right now)? A WR2 with a big weekly ceiling? Or will he be less than that?
Re-watch the all-22 compilations I put together on him, he's almost certainly not fools gold from a talent perspective. He's just a rookie on an offense completely devoid of another real pass catching threat, with a developing QB and a run first mind set. In conjunction with an absolutely brutal slate over the past five weeks and I'm and I think it would be unfair to judge him solely on his recent drought. With all of the above variables in place, he has no chance in a game like this where PP sticks to him like glue.

Nathan Jahnke@PFF_NateJahnke 3h3 hours ago
Patrick Peterson has lined up across from Stefon Diggs on 26 of 29 1st half MIN offensive snaps. Diggs has been held without a catch.

I still think he has the ability to be great if he can hone his craft and some of the above variables change. For instance, Peterson isn't going to be around forever, eventually TB (should) mature, MIN may bring in another receiving threat to draw attention and etc. He's obviously a firm hold in dynasty and someone we'll need to keep an eye in redraft next year if he represents good value.

No matter how bad you think teddy is I do think some of the blame falls on diggs too. It's very possible the league has figured him out.

He is a rookie folks. Kid is a real talent in an offense devoid of another threat in the passing game (like mentioned before).

Strong hold in Dynasty.

I agree that he is still a great prospect. We shouldn't forget that he just turned 22 at the end of November. Hopefully he adds muscle this offseason and improves his technique at the point of attack, these are things that are very improvable.

Droppable in all formats. Would have to be a brave soul to start him in any match up from here on out.

Love his talent, hate his situation

Droppable in all formats. Would have to be a brave soul to start him in any match up from here on out.

Love his talent, hate his situation
No
Pretty sure he is referring strictly to redraft formats. I agree fantasy owners would have to be pretty thin at WR to be considering starting Diggs in a playoff game down the stretch.

In Dynasty leagues, Diggs is a definite hold. The future remains bright.

Bridgewater isn't the answer at qb. He sucks. And the offense is bland bland bland. Run first, run 2nd, throw on 3rd and short.

Bleh.

The only thing making me hold Diggs in redraft is that he IS the real deal, their schedule lightens up a bit, and their dense is hurt bad rt now so teams can score on them and they might be playing a lot of catchup ball.

^^^^ :lmao:

His Y/A and completion % are significantly better than Bortles. But Bortles puts up FF stats so he's better right?

Diggs is still raw against press coverage. Peterson shut him down on Thursday. The O-Line is Swiss cheese, Norv calls too many 7-step drops because AP refuses to run from the gun or pistol.

But yeah Teddy SUX!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you guys think for this weekend? Looking at the FBG rankings and they have Diggs over John Brown. Somewhat surprised with Diggs going against a good D like the Cards on Thursday night. I have both players and really want to start Brown, but both week #14 rankings have Diggs ranked higher.
Looks like FBG's are still high on Diggs. Ranked pretty high again in their weekly rankings. I guess he is going to hit eventually. What is everyone thoughts on Diggs this week? Dodds has him ranked over RB West and John Brown (again).

What do you guys think for this weekend? Looking at the FBG rankings and they have Diggs over John Brown. Somewhat surprised with Diggs going against a good D like the Cards on Thursday night. I have both players and really want to start Brown, but both week #14 rankings have Diggs ranked higher.
Looks like FBG's are still high on Diggs. Ranked pretty high again in their weekly rankings. I guess he is going to hit eventually. What is everyone thoughts on Diggs this week? Dodds has him ranked over RB West and John Brown (again).
FBGs is telling me to start Travis Benjamin @ SEA in the Flex over Gurley & Michael Floyd.

Cut Diggs for a backup K last night in redraft. A month ago I predicted he would have a rough four weeks but still has a great playoff schedule. At this point, though, he's my Flex9/WR6 - no reason to risk a championship by starting him.

2 of the 3 teams left have moves left & might pick him up. I'm comfortable with that risk.

Looking forward to drafting him next year. I think he is an exceptional route runner & has great hands. Needs to fight through getting jammed at the line - Peterson mauled him at the line & simply grabbed when he went by. They only called about a third of the holds; he'll need to work on his strength & technique going forward. But great upside IMO.

This is the week to start Diggs, imo.
Don't know about that. I think it'll be all AP all day, with Teddy throwing the ball his usual 20-25 times just to keep defenses honest. Diggs will probably get a piece of that action, but expect that Rudolph will as well.

It's all about next year at this point for Diggs for me.

I wouldn't touch Diggs with a ten foot pole right now. Dropped him a few weeks ago, and that was a PPR league.

He just doesn't get nearly enough looks to consider starting in a normal league, IMO.

Targets: TE - 8, RB - 7, WR - 6

Probably leaning towards LaFell to cover AB's bye week with JStew in the Flex for DWill.

Hard to start Diggs after the two week fade. Still love him for the playoffs, though.
FBGs is telling me to start Travis Benjamin @ SEA in the Flex over Gurley & Michael Floyd.

Cut Diggs for a backup K last night in redraft. A month ago I predicted he would have a rough four weeks but still has a great playoff schedule. At this point, though, he's my Flex9/WR6 - no reason to risk a championship by starting him.

2 of the 3 teams left have moves left & might pick him up. I'm comfortable with that risk.

Looking forward to drafting him next year. I think he is an exceptional route runner & has great hands. Needs to fight through getting jammed at the line - Peterson mauled him at the line & simply grabbed when he went by. They only called about a third of the holds; he'll need to work on his strength & technique going forward. But great upside IMO.

I've spent the last 20 minutes cursing him and putting pins in a stefon Diggs voodoo dolls just made. Going off on my bench while Zach Miller does nothing in my flex

A month and a half ago I had Diggs pegged my every week flex ROS. 6 weeks of wr10 production later and I didn't even consider him today in an important win or go home matchup.

Dammit, I was hoping he had hit the rookie wall and would remain quiet for the rest of the season. No way I'm going to be able to trade a 2016 1st for him now.

Bridgewater isn't the answer at qb. He sucks. And the offense is bland bland bland. Run first, run 2nd, throw on 3rd and short.

Bleh.

The only thing making me hold Diggs in redraft is that he IS the real deal, their schedule lightens up a bit, and their dense is hurt bad rt now so teams can score on them and they might be playing a lot of catchup ball.
:lmao:

According to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Stefon Diggs has been "by far the most impressive offensive player" at Vikings camp.
After being forced to line up at X receiver as a rookie, Diggs has moved to Z where he will get easier releases off the line of scrimmage, be put into motion, and line up frequently in the slot. "He's all over the place," WRs coach George Stewart said. With rookie Laquon Treadwell struggling early in camp, Diggs has emerged as the favorite to lead the Vikings in receiving this year.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

Stefon Diggs got 5-of-5 targets for 71 yards in Sunday's preseason game.
Diggs finishes the preseason with seven grabs for 82 yards. Moving all over the formation this summer, Diggs enters Week 1 as the Vikings' clear-cut No. 1 receiver. Diggs is a born playmaker, but still figures to be inconsistent in the Vikings' run-first offense. He's a WR3/4.

Aug 28 - 3:44 PM

Anyone selling him? I've shopped him hard in 2 dynasty PPR leagues & no one seems to want him unless it's for junk so I'll hold.

The kid can really play but I'm not sure the volume will be enough for fantasy purposes. The offense goes through AP, and even though Treadwell hasn't shown anything yet, he might make some noise once he gets some games under his belt.

I'm a little gun shy about Diggs. I do think he's a talented kid, but after his nice little run last year, he came crashing back to earth. And I don't have much faith in Bridgewater either.  Probably a nice WR3, but get used to 100 yards and a touchdown followed by 2 receptions for 9 yards.

The other starting WR is Charles Johnson, and the flash rookie is a kid that cannot beat out Charles Johnson. 

Tight end is a nice player, but no dynamic target hog.

Diggs is not a deep threat, playing with a QB that has questionable deep strength.

I am such a big fan of this guy. 

He might never be Nuk Hopkins, but I think he's going to have very consistent target numbers this year, and be a very very strong WR3.

It's also worth noting that I think he'll have the same amount of fantasy points as other WR 2/3 types, who are less consistent with their points.  I think you see more likely to get steady points from Diggs, which has value to me.

Diggs being undervalued by Rotoworld, IMO, makes him a trade target. WR 4? He's their number 1-option.

Love me some Diggs.

I'm a little gun shy about Diggs. I do think he's a talented kid, but after his nice little run last year, he came crashing back to earth. And I don't have much faith in Bridgewater either.  Probably a nice WR3, but get used to 100 yards and a touchdown followed by 2 receptions for 9 yards.
I'd agree but not because of Teddy's limitations. In fact I think we will see a marked uptick in Teddy's attempts and production this year. 

Last year Diggs was really the only outside threat they had. Johnson was a no show, Wallace was a one tick pony who couldn't run the full route tree and Wright/Theilen are slot guys. And forget CPatt BTW. 

Anyway, #### O line, ADP requiring under center drops (cause he hates running out of the gun) and Teddy is a cautious decision maker (although to be honest no one here in MN blames him with the situation). 

This year - Johnson is back and he's a legit all-around outside guy. Teddy is more confident down field. Treadwell (who will have almost 0 impact this year) will eventually get some rotation in and Theilen will get a ton of 2 minute/3rd down looks. 

Diggs is a WR2 in NFL terms. Not a true #1. He's a fantastic player but he was THE ONLY WR Teddy trusted last year, and he rarely had time to let his WRs finish their routes. 

Tl;dr Diggs will repeat last year's production because there's more competition for targets. 

I think he is going to be a low end WR2/high end WR3 this year.  Given his ADP around like WR 40 I think that is a pretty good return.  I also think he is very talented so there is upside for more, especially if Bridgewater takes a leap or AP gets injured.  

Anyone selling him? I've shopped him hard in 2 dynasty PPR leagues & no one seems to want him unless it's for junk so I'll hold.
I'm gonna try to buy in dynasty. Kid passed the eyeball test for me last year. I agree with others that he will be limited in Minny and thus redraft value is suppressed at the WR3, but this kid could be a classic example of excelling on his second team as a 1B a la Sanders. I could see him going to Indy or Carolina or wherever in a few years and producing low-end WR1 numbers. He's just good and that's enough for me.

The Vikings have a pretty long track record of keeping their rookie players who perform well and giving them a second contract. This is one their main organizational strategies.

Percy Harvin forced them to trade him, otherwise I think they would have given him a long contract.

I expect Diggs to play well and be Teddy's favorite WR for years to come and that the Vikings will sign him to another contract when he gets close to the end of his rookie deal if he continues performing well, which I think he will.

Teddy Bridgewater is a better QB than I think most people give him credit for. I think he will change some peoples mind about that this season.

What are some projections for him this year with him being the #1?
Based solely on his comps (age & production mostly)

-

Standard

Half PPR

PPR

Low

Median

High

My personal projection assuming..

• 24% target rate (League Average of WR1s in 2015)
  • 62% catch rate (2015 catch rate)
  • 8 Y/T (8.6 in 2015, slight downtick in efficiency with increased targets)
  • 5% TD rate (League Average of WR1s in 2015)

POS

PLAYER

TRGS

RECS

recYDS

recYPR

recTDS

ruATTS

ruYDS

ruYPC

ruTDS

PPR

HalfPPR

WR1

Diggs, Stefon MIN WR

This would of put him at WR21 (PPR) overall in 2015.  My projection is also assuming the team has an uptick in passing, but still slightly below league average and that the team's average margin is equal to last season.   So with all those assumptions, I think this is probably a reasonable albiet best case-ish scenario for Diggs in 2016. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread