What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Stefon Diggs, HOU (1 Viewer)

Not to be the A hole owner no one likes, but if someone offered me Cobb for Diggs, I dont think Id even respond to the offer. Or at best, respond with a "seriously"? 

I've got Green, Cooper, Hilton, Jon Brown, Lockett and Diggs in a 12 team league. He's not jumping over Green or Cooper.....but I'm looking to move Hilton so my weekly WR3 will be a no-brainer. 

Not to be the A hole owner no one likes, but if someone offered me Cobb for Diggs, I dont think Id even respond to the offer. Or at best, respond with a "seriously"? 
Sorry, not trying to offend anyone. For what it's worth, I asked him how he valued Cobb and he responded "similarly." That's why it doesn't hurt to ask. I'd rather not pay any more than I have to. It's a least a starting point for trade talks. 

Sorry, not trying to offend anyone. For what it's worth, I asked him how he valued Cobb and he responded "similarly." That's why it doesn't hurt to ask. I'd rather not pay any more than I have to. It's a least a starting point for trade talks. 
That's crazy luck for you. I'd be acting all heartbroken about losing cobb and hope he falls for it.

You're about to hit the fantasy lottery 

Soulfly3 said:
That's crazy luck for you. I'd be acting all heartbroken about losing cobb and hope he falls for it.

You're about to hit the fantasy lottery 
Since you feel it is very one sided, if he asks for an additional piece to make it happen, what would it take for you to make that deal? 

I think he's improved his strength and will likely be better against press coverage this year but I don't think that was the main reason for the drop off in production.

I think this is more accurate.  The Viking were a very low volume passing team last year and they had some weird game scripts in the 2nd half of the season that diminished his targets and offensive opportunities.  They played very conservatively with Bridgewater and were able to get the running game going with Peterson.

This year, as we saw yesterday, I think they will open things up more.
Agree - he has massively improved.  If you can't beat press and get into your route you aren't going to get targeted, so I would theorize that the drop in targets is because he couldn't be press.  Here is a link that does some cut ups on the games (shows improvement towards end of year):  https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/4m7pa9/oc_stefon_diggs_and_press_coverage_why_diggs/

Just imagine if Diggs was still returning punts. We wouldn't have to say he looks like Antionio Brown... he would be Antonio Brown! 

He has improved a great deal from last season, and it seems they are going to him a lot more as well. I am very happy I nabbed him as my WR3!!! 

I offered DT for Diggs in a .5ppr league start 3 with 2 possible flex, it wasn't even considered.  Just so you all know.

Its kind of crazy. While I have always thought Diggs is fast enough, I figured a lot of other WR still faster than him. I still do. Game speed not the same as combine speed though.

I know they haven't been doing these measurements long, and it isn't clear to me if they measure every player in every game?

Next Gen stats: 2015's best runners

According to this Ted Ginn, Watkins, David Johnson and DHB had the four fastest times for receivers on TD in 2015 and Diggs's time was faster than Ginn's 22.44 best time last year.

Seems strange to single out TD receptions instead of all receptions, which makes me wonder how many plays or players they actually measure.

Its kind of crazy. While I have always thought Diggs is fast enough, I figured a lot of other WR still faster than him. I still do. Game speed not the same as combine speed though.

I know they haven't been doing these measurements long, and it isn't clear to me if they measure every player in every game?

Next Gen stats: 2015's best runners

According to this Ted Ginn, Watkins, David Johnson and DHB had the four fastest times for receivers on TD in 2015 and Diggs's time was faster than Ginn's 22.44 best time last year.

Seems strange to single out TD receptions instead of all receptions, which makes me wonder how many plays or players they actually measure.
The RFID tags are embedded in the shoulder pads for every player. 

The RFID tags are embedded in the shoulder pads for every player. 
That makes me wonder then what the highest recorded speed is outside of a TD reception

Using miles per hour seems like a cumbersome metric for measuring short distances. I don't know if that communicates speed well and something like feet per second would maybe make more sense to me.

The data is being collected in millisecond intervals. They are taking in massive amounts of data so it's extremely accurate.

The data is being collected in millisecond intervals. They are taking in massive amounts of data so it's extremely accurate.
Thats cool.

As a way of communicating a descriptive statistic I think feet per second would be in a more appropriate scale to the type of actions they are performing than communicating this as miles per hour. But maybe that is just me. Perhaps they feel communicating this as miles per hour will be something more people understand than feet per second.

Thats cool.

As a way of communicating a descriptive statistic I think feet per second would be in a more appropriate scale to the type of actions they are performing than communicating this as miles per hour. But maybe that is just me. Perhaps they feel communicating this as miles per hour will be something more people understand than feet per second.
I'm sure the could tell you how many millimeters per millisecond, which is likely (no clue though) the lowest range at which they measure.  Can't imagine they need any higher precision, but who knows with a billion dollar industry.  I think you are correct on them using mph as something that most people can relate to or grasp. 

Just being curious Diggs was traveling at 33 feet per second on this play.

22 mph = 32.27 feet per second.

The highest time I saw was 22.6 mph which would be 33.15 feet per second.

Biggest sell-high in fantasy right now is Diggs. The only reason he went off was because the Packers dared him to throw, stacking up against Peterson.  And the fact that Shields didn't play, that didn't help.

Anyway, with no Peterson and no Kalil I think defenses are either going to corral or tee off on Bradford.

I've offered Hilton-plus and still been rejected... I heart Stefon, but my love has its limits, unfortunately.

Irrational exuberance.  He's shiny and playing well, you're never going to pry him from a savvy owner without a gross overpay.
Your right.  The guys that drafted him feel like they invented him.   Diggs is mine, I'm smart!  Anyway whether we like it or not we feel special when our 9th or 10th round draft pick lights it up on national TV.  It IS irrational exuberance, but it is, what it is.  Caveat: In this game it can be short lasting so don't be screaming from the rooftops.

I drafted Diggs to be my WR3/4. The fact that he's producing as a WR1-2 is thrilling. I am very excited. He has a QB who can throw him the ball. However expectations need to be tempered now that AP is out. Teams will respect the pass and focus on Diggs forcing McKinnon (or Hillman?) to beat them. I think he will still get his and be a PPR monster. Antonio Brown? Maybe not. He serves a similar role but PIttsburgh has one of the best offenses in the league. MIN not so much. He is performing above his drafted position and most owners should be super excited about that, but to put him in top 5 WR status I think is rather crazy.

Personally, I wouldn't take Hilton for him. I don't really feel highly on Hilton to begin with. Maybe I'd take it but Diggs has a greater ceiling. I wouldn't take DT for him because of DT's injury and I own DT so that would be impossible. There aren't many WRs I would take just because I had Diggs ranked pretty high to start the year. I had him last year and there was no reason he would drop in production aside from Treadwell, and when's the last time a 1st round WR worked out for MIN (Moss). 

I would take Hopkins. Allen Robinson. That's about it aside from Brown, Beckham, Jones, Green... I wouldn't have any interest in Hilton, Nelson, Dez, Cooks, Marshall... actually I would take Marshall- I have him as a potential top 5, but he is kind of hurt. I honestly had Diggs as a 15-25 ranked WR this year and got him late. Thrilled. He's out performing his draft position and I don't think there's anything wrong with not accepting anything but top dollar for him. Might be a good sell high but I really don't think his floor is outside of the top 15

Last edited by a moderator:
Was offered Russel Wilson straight up for Diggs, and couldn't pull the trigger on it. Wilson will play better, and I'd be shocked if Diggs ended the season as the #2 WR (as he is right now), but still couldn't do it.

Two weeks ago, I would have hit accept as quickly as I could find the button

I've found this logic to be the source of some of my worst trades and try to avoid it at all costs.   
RB / WR / WR / FLEX / FLEX

My WRs are now Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Alshon Jeffery, Golden Tate, and J. Crowder. I've been unsuccessfully playing matchup TE the first 2 weeks.

RB / WR / WR / FLEX / FLEX

My WRs are now Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Alshon Jeffery, Golden Tate, and J. Crowder. I've been unsuccessfully playing matchup TE the first 2 weeks.
That really isn't that solid.  Jones is dealing with a calf right now, Dez is dealing with Dak and Dink Prescott and Jefferey is hobbled and without Cutler who force feeds him.  Tate has been a huge disappointment and Crowder is just depth.   If dynasty it is extra rough imo

That really isn't that solid.  Jones is dealing with a calf right now, Dez is dealing with Dak and Dink Prescott and Jefferey is hobbled and without Cutler who force feeds him.  Tate has been a huge disappointment and Crowder is just depth.   If dynasty it is extra rough imo
We'll agree to disagree. Jones' legs have been falling off for 4 seasons, Dez looked fine last week, and I have no idea what you're talking about with Jeffery who now has Hoyer throwing to him (see Hopkins in '15). Tate blows. Redraft.

So was this guy complete fools gold who hit a lucky hot streak, or can he develop into a consistent playmaker? In dynasty, can he grow into a T.Y. Hilton type (but limited by his QB right now)? A WR2 with a big weekly ceiling? Or will he be less than that?
Did you hold him or discard?

Held in one league, dealt him and trying to get him back (at a loss, of course) in another.
Was just curious bc my thinking was the same as yours. Do I have fools gold here?  I targeted him in every dynasty league last year. Out of 3 dynasty leagues I drafted him in the 3rd round of rookie draft and in the other league traded essentially a 2nd rounder for him.

Very happy with the results. Now I am going through the same thing with Willie Snead. Guess I will find out if its fools gold by year's end.

Good luck

Diggs was taken in the 12th, dropped after Teddy went down. I like my WRs (Jeffery, Benjamin, Hurns) but I have no depth obviously so think I'll buy Stefon and hope for the best. IMO Id rather put some money on him than play WW flavor of the week soon.
Undoubtedly my best FF move of 2016 I would guess. Dropped Forsett for him as well, who was picked up for 20% FAAB so that just adds to the excitement. Diggs will be in there every week until I see why not.

Just reported that Diggs is suffering from a groin injury

anyone local have some insight to the situation?
Listed on Twitter as holding him out as precautionary.

Teams do that with their very best players.  

:thumbup:

Diggs is not a sell-high.  He's the late round pick you got that wins you a title--maybe.  He's the SOD right now, and I always want that guy on my team.  He's got a new QB with a better arm--a much better arm--than the old QB.  He's the only WR worth a damn on the team, his biggest competition for targets is Rudolph.  

People complaining about Diggs owners wanting too much.  Ha.  Why you trying to trade for him?

Too bad he wasn't a 1st or 2nd rounder, this thread would be a 200 page circle jerk.  

Listed on Twitter as holding him out as precautionary.

Teams do that with their very best players.  
Completely understand this & saw the initial twitter saying it was precautionary. the tweet i posted was apparently after the initial one though. 

Edit: just saw this recent tweet as well:

The #Vikings did not list Stefon Diggs as questionable, which I'm told was not an accident. So that means he is expected to play Sunday.

so, false alarm i guess (hope)

Is this out best buy low moment in both redraft and dynasty? 

This might be the right time to catch another owner sleeping on Diggs... 

I will be trying. 

Against the Panthers Diggs had 48 snaps (89%) 7 targets 4 receptions 40 yards.

The Panthers were mostly playing zone coverage but I am not sure if they were dedicating a 2nd defender to him or not. 

Its possible the reported injury limited Diggs somewhat but it didn't prevent him from playing a lot of snaps.

The Vikings offense only had 34 yards in the first half. Diggs had 3 targets 1 reception 8 yards. They had the ball for 9 minutes as Carolina kept the ball for most of the first quarter. 

The Vikings offense didn't do much in this game and they didn't need to. They did put together a nice drive in the second half that ended in the TD to Rudolph who seemed to be the main player the Panthers didn't account for in this game.

He's had two below average games and now hasn't practiced all week due to a groin injury.  I'm a little concerned with him this weekend.  I don't think the Vikings defense will have much trouble holding the Texans to under 14 points and the Vikings may just sit Diggs or half him on a snap count.  Some of the reporters are already calling him out for the week.  

Stefon Diggs - WR -  Vikings

Stefon Diggs (groin) is not practicing Friday.
Diggs hasn't practiced at all this week. He could still play Sunday against the Texans, but it's an obvious concern, especially with Diggs having two down weeks since he first popped up on the injury report in Week 3.

Source: Chad Graff on Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
Given that he hasn't practice three days straight and the Vikings have a bye next week, I don't think he's going to play this weekend.  Get other options ready.

Diggs has been listed as doubtful on the injury report which means only a 25% chance of playing. I do not recall any player who was listed as doubtful on the report playing under Mike Zimmer. So sadly I don't think he is going to play.

Rhett Ellison is another player listed as doubtful, so he likely isn't going to play either. Right Tackle Andre Smith is out so Jerimiah Sirles will start there this week against the Texans.

The bad news.  My backup to Diggs already played yesterday.  The good news.  It was Michael Floyd.  Looks like I will be scouring the wire.

Where are we ranking Diggs in dynasty? Is he in the KBenj/moncrief tier? Higher? Can he be a legit fantasy WR1? I haven't watched him enough and would love some thoughts. 

Users who are viewing this thread